Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Dragonball Xenoverse

Sorry if their was a thread on this already. But I was looking around on steam and found this

http://store.steampowered.com/app/323470/

I always loved the dragonball z games when I was younger but I only ever played them on the PS1/2. This new one is coming out on steam so I assume it'll be a port, well I'm a little hesitant to purchase after buying dark souls 2 for PC and found the PC controls to be horrendous and I didn't want to use a controller.

Has anyone played a demo or something at a gaming event perhaps? I'd love to play it but using keyboard and mouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

You want to play a fighting game on kb/m?

Is this real life?

But yea, it's a fighting game. It's 100% guaranteed to control like ass on kb/m no matter what the devs do.

Looks like the same game I've played 5 other times. DBZ has such potential for great video games, but all they do is make these shitty fighters over and over.

Also buy an Xbox 360 controller and use that instead.

Deleted
    In 2015 you can also play games on the PC with a Controller. Weird shit, I know...

Quote Originally Posted by Shamike2447 View Post
    Looks like the same game I've played 5 other times. DBZ has such potential for great video games, but all they do is make these shitty fighters over and over.

Also buy an Xbox 360 controller and use that instead.
    Looks like you have totally no idea of that game.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    In 2015 you can also play games on the PC with a Controller. Weird shit, I know...
    Spends $1200 building gaming machine.

Spends $300+ on a gaming kb and mouse

Spends $80+ on a gaming headset

Can't afford $30 controller.----> every PC gamer who complains about needing to use a controller. Certain genres/games need a controller and are designed around one, if you want ports of those games then deal with it and buy one.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least it looks vaguely as though the story might be ok. Youre not going to have fun with keyboard and mouse if its even supported tbh.

I played raging blast 2, enjoyed it

Played Ultimate ten, may as well have rewatched the show, most of it was cutscenes even in the fighting

If xenoverse is the same ill cry

Deleted

Dragonball Xenoverse will feature over 250 playable characters and also character creation for story and online modes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, I really couldn't imagine playing games like GTA or Assassin's Creed without my controller. Other games, like FPS ports, are so much more fun with a KB+M. Different style games work best when controlled different ways.
    Played both without problems with a keyboard. But I cant imagine playing FIFA or fighting games.

i'm loving the look of this so far. i just can't decide between female saiyan for the badassness, or female majin for the cuteness.

Jesus chill out. I never said I'm complaining, I never said I hate it or don't like it, I just prefer playing with keyboard and mouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted

Just some random videos from the channel I follow Xenoverse at. Note that this videos could be from different stages of development.

Also another spoiler for this years summer:

I'm hype. Been meaning to play the DBZ games for a while now but never got around to finding them on the cheap on console. I'll definitely pick this up on sale, though, especially since you can make your own character and shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm hype. Been meaning to play the DBZ games for a while now but never got around to finding them on the cheap on console. I'll definitely pick this up on sale, though, especially since you can make your own character and shit.
    Will pre-order the collector's edition with the 25cm Trunks figurine. Checked mail notification on Amazon.de/.uk and still waiting since 1-2 week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You want to play a fighting game on kb/m?

Is this real life?

But yea, it's a fighting game. It's 100% guaranteed to control like ass on kb/m no matter what the devs do.
    Really? The Mortal Kombat games (1-4) played great on kb. Then Midway went full consoletard.

Kids these days, they have no idea how to play such games without a controller.

Deleted

Xenoverse will even have Super Sayajin God Goku! :O

if it's addressed at all in the game, i'm curious as to which transformation will be portrayed as stronger between super saiyan 4 and super saiyan god.

Quote Originally Posted by Vardra View Post
    Really? The Mortal Kombat games (1-4) played great on kb. Then Midway went full consoletard.

Kids these days, they have no idea how to play such games without a controller.
    Oh yea bro, those games that where built first for arcade and ported to dos sure played great on KB. Or not... There is a reason no fighting game plays well on a kb, and it's not because companies forgot some super magic trick for making it work! It's the fact KB is ass in general for controlling games, it's pairing with the MOUSE is what makes it a great control scheme in certain genres and in the fighting game genre the mouse can't do jack diddly shit, so you are stick with the shitty ass kb as your only control mechanism when you can press buttons far more comfortably on a controller or arcade stick. Let's not even get in how trash fighting game movement is on a controller compared to an analog stick...

Keep letting your nostalgia tell yourself that, I'm sure it makes you feel better to believe that line of bullshit.

In reality it's kb is ass for playing fighting games, not you "kids don't know how to play games on keyboard".
    Last edited by Tech614; 2015-01-27 at 01:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played a little of the alpha/beta test on PS3. It was rough around the edges but it felt good considering it was still heavy in development. Mind you this was a pretty decent chunk of time ago. I don;t remember exactly when but i know for a fact it was before Halloween of last year. So many last summer.

What excites me most about this game is the fact that it is a brand new story and it is pretty much the spiritual successor to Dragon Ball Online.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Spends $1200 building gaming machine.

Spends $300+ on a gaming kb and mouse

Spends $80+ on a gaming headset

Can't afford $30 controller.----> every PC gamer who complains about needing to use a controller. Certain genres/games need a controller and are designed around one, if you want ports of those games then deal with it and buy one.
    This. I tried to play Arkham Asylum with a keyboard/mouse and it was *awful*. I could barely even beat a couple normal guys, let alone the Titan minibosses, let alone the actual bosses. The Arkham games are 10000x better with a controller.

I was almost interested when I saw it on steam, cuz it looks kinda fun and maybe a good fuck-around game.

Then I heard the voices....holy shit....stahp!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.