Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    I've tried to use scrolling combat text in the past but it's just not satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantomstar View Post
    Idle:

In Raid with Abilities Active:

This was built almost entirely with ElvUI and WeakAuras

Here is a five minute video if you want details or to see more of the spell and cooldown effects in action: https://youtu.be/j_93UGvVJow

I like the UI a lot. Something that is refreshing and unique. Im a little confused on all that jazz in the upper left seems out of place? My only thing making my eye twitch is different fonts and different textures. I think it would really look better if everything was the same font. For grid or your raid frames, I am wondering if you could do something to match or complement your UI to keep that more streamline affect. But great stuff its refreshing to see something new

[QUOTE=IntellectuallyChallenged;32769533]Finally remembered to take a screenshot.

Decursive is the best or at least i think its just glorious when i play a healer. I am curious about the Thog's Assist and then you have the charms above your buttons, I don't know what they do personally, do you raid lead and setup the markers? Are those pitbull or Shadow UFs? My own thought is that if you main a healer, it is almost like you do not really need an unit frame, as it is in your grid so you do see your health already. I almost just want to get rid of your UFs centralized raid frames, squish buttons, move Thogs to the right of your chat, throw a DPS recount window same size as Thogs, make HPS as big as your chat, and DPS to the left of it keeping HPS to the right for symmetry, and if you need a target frame centralize that maybe above the raid frame, take off all the extra buffs on it, and then have your healing spells/buffs on target be bars that grow upwards. BUT if it works for you thats what matters especially if you raid or PVP, knowing where your functions are, is much more important than prettiness. Wait..the UI lords will strike me down! IT IS ALL ABOUT PRETTY UIS!

http://i.imgur.com/pCjQinO.jpg

Using Elvui for the foundation and WeakAuras for the castbars and eclipse bar.

Deleted
    As usual got inspired to make a minimalistic UI...tried to raid with it and immediately switched back to this:

Idle:

Raid:

Credit to Abu for a lot of what you see in the idle shot. (I have since fixed the location of the little micro menu button location to mirror my stance icon).
    Last edited by mmocd4be76bc04; 2015-03-16 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Credits

Quote Originally Posted by xdunpealx View Post
    Decursive is the best or at least i think its just glorious when i play a healer. I am curious about the Thog's Assist and then you have the charms above your buttons, I don't know what they do personally, do you raid lead and setup the markers? Are those pitbull or Shadow UFs? My own thought is that if you main a healer, it is almost like you do not really need an unit frame, as it is in your grid so you do see your health already. I almost just want to get rid of your UFs centralized raid frames, squish buttons, move Thogs to the right of your chat, throw a DPS recount window same size as Thogs, make HPS as big as your chat, and DPS to the left of it keeping HPS to the right for symmetry, and if you need a target frame centralize that maybe above the raid frame, take off all the extra buffs on it, and then have your healing spells/buffs on target be bars that grow upwards. BUT if it works for you thats what matters especially if you raid or PVP, knowing where your functions are, is much more important than prettiness. Wait..the UI lords will strike me down! IT IS ALL ABOUT PRETTY UIS!
    The Thogar Helper addon is just for the one fight. I just kind of stuck it there. The Quickmark bar is so I can mark on the fly. As for the rest, I like most of your ideas. I'll revise and repost soon.

have your healing spells/buffs on target be bars that grow upwards.
    Any suggestions for what I can use for this?
    Last edited by IntellectuallyChallenged; 2015-03-17 at 01:03 AM.

in combat

out of combat

I am going to get rid of ExtraCD, do something else with Bandit's Guille Helper, and rework my WeakAuras at some point in my life.

I haven't edited my UI in a long while (thought I'd hit perfection), but Arborus' UI gave me a little inspiration for some improvements.

Idle

Unitframes and castbars

Just a few Weak Auras; looks a bit messy, but it's not so bad when camera is zoomed out :P
    Last edited by Pixil; 2015-03-17 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    snip
    Pixil, I love your stuff but abload is literally the worst. Would you mirror those please? haha

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinandwin View Post
    No it's quite a new UI. Funnily enough my intention was always to get them low down but I had to ween myself off center mid by slowly moving them downwards.

Honestly I've found the raid frames perfectly fine. But I've started to get into this weird bad habit of not pressing chi burst enough anymore which is like one of those more obvious things I would look for if someone threw up a topic about low hps with logs or whatever. But ultimately I know I'll get as used to it as I was with my old UI and in the long run will have much better awareness with that clutter-free set up once I get past the break in period.

Partially what also makes it very usable is the nature of monk healing as well which has a lot of smart healing & tends to deal with the raid health as a whole rather than individuals, where you do single target heal it's usually as a quick chi generator for more raid healing or an emergency. Which as I said is smart and picks people passively. They're a lot less engaged with their raid frames so much as they are with their own class mechanics, timing and in particular resource management.

So yeh, tunnelling raid frames and playing whack a mole isn't much of a thing. It's more about pooling chi/mana/renewing mist stacks for raid wide aoe & fistweaving low damage.

So I felt like it could be pushed over to the side, for better awareness & less clutter.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I regret not showing target/focus but if you look where the swirling shit is on the ground it's there & they are quite small. Class colour with no portrait just a solid health bar - Shadowed unit frames same as player health. Just much smaller
    Perhaps I will try an off-centre layout. As a creature of habit, I've never been comfortable with having my raidframes anywhere other than directly below my feet. I still struggle with toxic tunnel vision sometimes so I feel as though having them as close to my character as possible still allows for a peripheral view of my feet.

In combat:

Out of Combat, In group:

Gave my ui a bit of a facelift since the last time I posted.

Deleted
    Hey, what raid frame´s do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by infamousX View Post
    Pixil, I love your stuff but abload is literally the worst. Would you mirror those please? haha
    Hehe, sorry, I'd have usually used imgur, though it destroys image quality.
    Idle
    Unitframes and castbars
    Messy Weak Auras

Quote Originally Posted by Steeky View Post
    Hey, what raid frame´s do you use?
    These are my raid frames
    I use ElvUI, which can be limiting at times, unfortunately.

Any suggestions for what I can use for this?[/QUOTE]

Raven

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc1f982b8326; 2015-03-17 at 09:41 PM.

Raven
    Fantastic. Thank you.

Deleted
    rockxana great ui

any chance you upload it?

#tryinhardhunter

(can't even play it well LOL)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    Hehe, sorry, I'd have usually used imgur, though it destroys image quality.
    Idle
    Unitframes and castbars
    Messy Weak Auras

These are my raid frames
    I use ElvUI, which can be limiting at times, unfortunately.
    Beautiful as always, what font tho? <3

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what I've got atm. Thanks SunnyDee for the Garrison recommendations Herp images are really big and dunno how to resize them. :S

Any recommendations for improvement would be great! <3 Not 100% sure what to do with the floating ice floes WA thing.

Out of combat

Last edited by Skyefire; 2015-03-18 at 01:13 PM.
    Skye <Entropy> | US - Frostmourne 8/13M HFC | Twitch | Armoury

Gorgeous signature by ELYPOP <3