Poll: I would play a...

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    what type of bullshit reasoning is this. Any update to the model would be given to the blood elves first, because they are the playable high elves, and they cant be made different because they aren't a different race no matter how you try to spin it.
    Who cares? Your "same race" nonsense is just that. Nonsense. Blizzard can easily give High Elfs a totally different model from blood Elfs. How? They tell their art team "We want a new model just for High Elfs". You might think it'd be a bad idea...but you don't own Blizzard.

Whether or not High Elfs get added YOU will not be affected. Nor will your gameplay. The only players who will be affected will be those who decide to actually play High Elfs. So...other than you yelling out that you don't want High Elfs to be added, what you say is of no meaning and less consequence.

As long as they have a different model....Alliance High Elfs won't bother me because they won't be using a Horde Blood Elf model. That's all I care about as far as High Elfs are concerned. Give it to them, keep it from them...I don't really care.

I'm just pointing out that the arguments you raised was childish. Less so....my 6 year old nephew comes up with better articulated arguments. You throwing a tantrum won't stop Blizzard adding High Elfs if they decide it'd be profitable - in terms of cash and/or subs - for them to do so. The only thing I want if this were to happen would be for High Elfs to look different.

I don't care that they are the same race. If you can't handle the idea that the same race can have different models assigned top it, that is YOUR problem. The people I know CAN handle the idea that different groups within the same race can look different. I do not want the Alliance getting a Blood Elf model.

why bother to post at all if your just going to spew shit? Anyone can tell that Blizzard still cares about the game, or they would have implemented half of the playerbase's fanwank as a cash grab by now
    They did. They added Demon Hunters. Perhaps you hadn't noticed?

The lore panels and the fact that they even spend time on expansions show they care about the lore.
    Saying is easy. It's the "doing" part they don't put a lot of effort into. Cataclysm, MoP, WoD...MoP was the best and even it's lore was mishandled. We've had years of easy, cheap lore and rehashes and more. Blizzrad say they acre about lore...but their actions show otherwise

then you'll be staying happy because High elves are a Horde race, and the Alliance won't be getting them .
    The argument here is still; childish no matter how many times you repeat it. And it appears to be the only one you have. It is a pity you cannot articulate anything more substantial, but then...you are making the argument that you don't like the idea of how SOMEONE ELSE plays the game, that having an addition which DOESN'T AFFECT YOU is bad for your gameplay.

Whether or not the Alliance gets High Elfs won't affect how you or I play the game.....unless we decided to play High Elfs. So long as they look different and don't share a model that is.

If I really need to explain to you the obvious reasons why Helves wouldn't get a new model, then in your own words.
    Yes - you do. Most players can tell the difference between red and blue. They can tell the difference between a High Elf and Blood Elf. Do you think Blizzard are literally unable to create a new model? I don't. I think Blizzard are perfectly capable of designing a new model. Do you think Blizzard is afraid players will get confused that this race called High Elfs looks different from that race called Blood Elfs? That they'll somehow magically get them mixed up? I don't.

As I see it, the reason High Elfs wouldn't get a new model is because you don't like the idea of them getting one, because that would mean the Alliance getting High Elfs would be very possible and - wow - someone else other than yourself might be playing an avatar he likes the look of.

And you can't stand the idea of someone else being happy in the game.

Put another way - stop being so ruddy selfish. Alliance High Elfs won't affect you so why should it matter if they get them? I don't want the Alliance to have the Blood Elf model and if you are too small minded and selfish to see that Blizzard creating a new High Elf model is perfectly OK...that is your problem. I don't see the Alliance ever getting High Elfs and that's fine with me. But if they did, I don't want them getting my model.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    They did. They added Demon Hunters. Perhaps you hadn't noticed?
    there is actual lore to Demon hunters, as opposed to high elves which is "oh hey we are randomly here now despite over 90% of our race being Horde" But then again I'm not surprised you can't tell the difference.

As I see it, the reason High Elfs wouldn't get a new model is because you don't like the idea of them getting one, because that would mean the Alliance getting High Elfs would be very possible and - wow - someone else other than yourself might be playing an avatar he likes the look of.
    No because they are the same fucking race any attention to the race would go to the Playable race, the blood elves your entire shit argument falls apart at the simplest of prodding.

Put another way - stop being so ruddy selfish
    says the person that wants the lore to bend for them, high elves aren't going to happen (again).

Alliance to have the Blood Elf model
    which you wont have to worry about because it won't be an issue because they wont be playable.

if you are too small minded and selfish
    Breaking apart your reasoning doesn't make me "small minded or childish." Quit crying because I wont roll over and agree with your shit lore breaking logic.

And you can't stand the idea of someone else being happy in the game.
    sticking to lore means not every person with an elf fetish gets their wet dream, people have had since Burning crusade to know that the High elves joined the Horde in overwhelming numbers over 90% of the race, due to the Alliance's actions no less.
    I don't want them getting my model.
    If they had a new model they wouldn't be high elves because they are the same fucking race, and they wont be playable because they already are Horde side. Blood elf is a title, not a separate race.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2016-02-11 at 03:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

At this point I just decided that Lor'themar and Vereesa should marry in a story arc that reunites quel'thalas just to destroy any hopes of high elf alliance. And I'm someone that wants faction conflict to end permanently

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    At this point I just decided that Lor'themar and Vereesa should marry in a story arc that reunites quel'thalas just to destroy any hopes of high elf alliance. And I'm someone that wants faction conflict to end permanently
    lor'themar and Vereesa hate each other for whatever reason which is funny because Vereesa has done nothing for Quel'thalas worth mentioning. Plus Lor'themar and Liadrin apparently have a thing. Stick Vereesa with Hauldron because he pities the High elves. Or better yet kill off Vereesa and replace her with Auric.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2016-02-11 at 03:48 AM.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Arrakoa, I want to be one so badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked Jinyu. I continue to not understand even a little bit why people want Naga
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    I liked Jinyu. I continue to not understand even a little bit why people want Naga
    Because Snake people I guess and kinda mermaids
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account

sticking to lore means not every person with an elf fetish gets their wet dream, people have had since Burning crusade to know that the High elves joined the Horde in overwhelming numbers over 90% of the race, due to the Alliance's actions no less.

10% of the stormwind population alone would be roughly 20,000. So, let's put that into perspective. Draenei consist of what little came over on a ship. Trolls consist of a tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tribal island. Tiny. The Pandaren you play in the game, comes from a itty bitty teeny weeny lil' turtle.

So, 10% of the elves having blue eyes could be still larger than the remaining orc population on Azeroth. Just saying. When you play as a race in warcraft, the general idea is that you are just one person. As are the other players. It's a weird thing. So, there's nothing stopping Alliance from playing High Elves. As long as the intro dialouge states you're the last of maybe 10,000 elves with blue eyes.
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2016-02-11 at 04:13 AM.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

lor'themar and Vereesa hate each other for whatever reason which is funny because Vereesa has done nothing for Quel'thalas worth mentioning. Plus Lor'themar and Liadrin apparently have a thing. Stick Vereesa with Hauldron because he pities the High elves. Or better yet kill off Vereesa and replace her with Auric.
    Well was trying to use something completely unlikely and absurd to screw over the more vocal high elf voters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even I'd race change my pandaren to vrykul in a instant if they were added.

Horde:
    Ogre
    Quillboar
    Kobold
    Hozen

Alliance:

Jinyu
    Arrakoa (the cursed ones)
    Possibly Furbolg
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    10% of the stormwind population alone would be roughly 20,000. So, let's put that into perspective. Draenei consist of what little came over on a ship. Trolls consist of a tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tribal island. Tiny. The Pandaren you play in the game, comes from a itty bitty teeny weeny lil' turtle.

So, 10% of the elves having blue eyes could be still larger than the remaining orc population on Azeroth. Just saying. When you play as a race in warcraft, the general idea is that you are just one person. As are the other players. It's a weird thing. So, there's nothing stopping Alliance from playing High Elves. As long as the intro dialouge states you're the last of maybe 10,000 elves with blue eyes.
    The number of High elves left number under a thousand. and that was before everyone was killed in stormwind park, theramore and EPL. As the Blood elves regrow their nation and rebuild their strength nearly every high elf story ends with them dying off.

all the numbers of helves in stormwind etc are from the rpg canon and non canon.
    Holy shit lol

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Other than Naga, Harpies would be interesting.

My top 5:

Real dragons- getting both the humanoid and dragon form.
    Jinyu
    Cenarius's Children
    Cursed Arrakoa
    Elemental

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    People want an alliance high elf. Can you play that? No, so the option stands.
    Matters not. Just because some people want that race playable on their preferred faction doesn't change the fact that such race is, indeed, playable already.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    To each his own, I guess, but I really don't understand why so many people want High Elves in the game.
    It's the redundant desire of people with a thing for traditionalism affected by deep nostalgia issues. Rationally speaking, adding High Elves as "new" playable race is literal nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrtF View Post
    Who cares? Your "same race" nonsense is just that. Nonsense. Blizzard can easily give High Elfs a totally different model from blood Elfs. How? They tell their art team "We want a new model just for High Elfs". You might think it'd be a bad idea...but you don't own Blizzard.
    It's not nonsense, is the painful truth. And it's never happened a case of a new model given for such nonsensical reasons. Hell, High Elves received the very same update Blood Elf models did. Because, you know, they are the same. Scream and moan as much as you want, but if High Elves get a new model than they're not going to be Thalassian Elves anymore, not in the way they are generally depicted in-game. You also need valid reasons to make them look, emote and talk differently, reasons that don't actually exist. Invent shit out of nowhere just to justify their playability Alliance-side would only satisfy a whim, and adding a playable race is too much of a big thing for that.

No "demand" from the players will ever validate such garbage, not when there are other demanded races who got real substance, new models and lore.

OT: I would like Ogre and Arakkoa. However, I fear Ogres in the Horde would stir the nostalgic High Elf feelings like never before so I think it's better leave the past where it belongs. So yeah, Arakkoa are probably the only race I would really love to play, whatever the faction and whatever the incarnation (winged or wingless).
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2016-02-11 at 04:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    They look exactly like blood elves but they have blue eyes. Other than that? No.
    so you want blizzard to add in a new elf race to play, that has blue eyes. you basically have them now, you just want their eye shade color different? just seems wasteful to want to play as a high elf when u basically already have it.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    so you want blizzard to add in a new elf race to play, that has blue eyes. you basically have them now, you just want their eye shade color different? just seems wasteful to want to play as a high elf when u basically already have it.
    Oh I am not for Blue eyed Thasslasian elves for the Alliance. They can go and get a new race. We have enough elves.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I would play one if it was a specific class

I want to see ogres but don't think there's a demand for them. People don't like Orcs because they're ugly, they don't like Pandaren because they're fat, and don't like Goblins because they're morally grey. What chance does an ugly, fat, low moral ogre stand? Why make a race 1% of the pop will get behind?

Akkora. Love birds, and the akkora in WoD are pretty cool looking - wish we could get deeper into their lore and story.