Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Many Muslims 'fundamentally incompatible with the modern world', says Tony Blair

We have plenty of backwards people in the US too, you know who you are. The difference between these Americans and radical Islam is that radical Islam can be much more dangerous.

I do believe we are headed for a big attack aimed at killing thousands. People stop being impressed by little attacks so terrorists have to constantly up their game.

A pretty basic tenet is that there should be no separation between church, judiciary, armed forces and the political state: religion is supreme and the ultimate word in every dispute. The separation of powers is a pretty fundamental element of the modern world, and centralisation around a doctrine - monarchy, totalitarianism, theocracy, militarism - has had endless experiments, all of them a failure. You can see where a modernising Islam goes - where the Lebanon might have gone - but each attempt to realise this has been pinched off by retreat into more or less overt monarchy, tribal dictatorship or theocracy. Or chaos.

-- some reddit guy

many-millions-of-muslims-fundamentally-incompatible-with-the-west-says-tony-blair-a6954796.html

Tony Blair has said that "many millions" of Muslims hold a viewpoint that is "fundamentally incompatible with the modern world."

Rejecting arguments that Isis is simply "tens of thousands of brainwashed crazies," he continued: "[Isis] does not seek dialogue but dominance. It cannot therefore be contained. It has to be defeated."

To mitigate against such attacks, the ex-PM argued for "active on-the-ground military support" for Arab armies, stating that Isis "have to be crushed."

He also called for the creation of a pan-national anti-terror force, saying: "We must build military capability able to confront and defeat the terrorists wherever they try to hold territory. This is a challenge for the West."

His comments, made during a Sunday Times interview, come six months after he admitted that the existence of Isis could be blamed on Western intervention in the Arab world during the second Iraq war.

Asked by a CNN interviewer in October 2015 whether he thought the invasion of Iraq was a "principle cause" of the rise of Isis, he said:

"I think there are elements of truth in that... Of course you can't say that those of us who removed Saddam in 2003 bear no responsibility for the situation in 2015.

"But... it's not clear to me that even if our policy did not work, subsequent policies have worked better."

He warned that "increasingly frequent acts of terrorism" could culminate in an attack "of such size and horror" that it would result in "many more victims" than the recent attack on Brussels or 2015 attacks in Paris.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    what does it matter? EU leaders will continue to bury their heads in the sand and act like nothing is happening in Europe. As long as the right keeps gaining popularity in Europe there is still hope.
    Tony Blair definitely helped create this mess though

Some white folks would rather be killed by radical Islam terrorists than admit that Muslims hate western civilizations.

Deleted
    This is expandable by anything. It's as bold as to say humans don't deserve this planet. It's about to get together and deal with issues instead of radical buzz declarations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh... I kinda feel the same way about Tony Blair.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Would love to see the full transcript considering how short these quotes actually are. Also fuck Blair.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Would love to see the full transcript considering how short these quotes actually are. Also fuck Blair.
    When his ass is leading the troops from the front then this asshole can offer advice. Till then he should feel lucky he is not in Long Lartin.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    We have plenty of backwards people in the US too, you know who you are. The difference between these Americans and radical Islam is that radical Islam can be much more dangerous.
    Actually, the primary difference isn't that radical Islam can be much more dangerous than, say, radical Christians. History has shown that radical Christians are also just as capable of atrocities.

The primary difference is that the radical Islam has no power. Similar to the Irish conflicts between the Catholics and the Protestants, much of the atrocities are being committed in the area where they want power, and some of the atrocities are happening against those that they see as supporting the enemy (so, the IRA committed acts of terror in the UK as well).

In the US, despite all the saber rattling, the vast majority of Christian extremists understand that they actually have much of the power despite the gains by other groups to achieve equality. However, even despite having much of the power here, remember that Christian terrorism occurs right here in the US, but it just doesn't get labelled as such by the US media. The planned parenthood shootings and bombings (much less things like the Atlanta Olympic bomb) are as much terrorism as what you see in the Middle East and in Europe today. Yes, the scale is smaller, but it is an artifact of most extremist Christians understanding that they have power. Take away that power and actually make them oppressed (or if the rhetoric level gets high enough to convince them of that despite reality), and you will see Christian extremists ratchet it up to the same levels that you are seeing from the Islamic extremists today.

I vividly imagine the Jackie Chan meme with "WTF" whenever this guy speaks. His government's support for Iraq Invasion created ISIS and this guy is seriously shitting on Muslims because of ISIS nutjobs?

It always perplexes me how people can focus their hate against leaders like Blair, but not against the pedophile terrorists that are beheading innocent people, kidnapping and selling underage girls into slavery, and burning villages and archaeological sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

I do believe we are headed for a big attack aimed at killing thousands. People stop being impressed by little attacks so terrorists have to constantly up their game.

A pretty basic tenet is that there should be no separation between church, judiciary, armed forces and the political state: religion is supreme and the ultimate word in every dispute. The separation of powers is a pretty fundamental element of the modern world, and centralisation around a doctrine - monarchy, totalitarianism, theocracy, militarism - has had endless experiments, all of them a failure. You can see where a modernising Islam goes - where the Lebanon might have gone - but each attempt to realise this has been pinched off by retreat into more or less overt monarchy, tribal dictatorship or theocracy. Or chaos.

-- some reddit guy

many-millions-of-muslims-fundamentally-incompatible-with-the-west-says-tony-blair-a6954796.html

Tony Blair has said that "many millions" of Muslims hold a viewpoint that is "fundamentally incompatible with the modern world."

Rejecting arguments that Isis is simply "tens of thousands of brainwashed crazies," he continued: "[Isis] does not seek dialogue but dominance. It cannot therefore be contained. It has to be defeated."

To mitigate against such attacks, the ex-PM argued for "active on-the-ground military support" for Arab armies, stating that Isis "have to be crushed."

He also called for the creation of a pan-national anti-terror force, saying: "We must build military capability able to confront and defeat the terrorists wherever they try to hold territory. This is a challenge for the West."

His comments, made during a Sunday Times interview, come six months after he admitted that the existence of Isis could be blamed on Western intervention in the Arab world during the second Iraq war.

Asked by a CNN interviewer in October 2015 whether he thought the invasion of Iraq was a "principle cause" of the rise of Isis, he said:

"I think there are elements of truth in that... Of course you can't say that those of us who removed Saddam in 2003 bear no responsibility for the situation in 2015.

"But... it's not clear to me that even if our policy did not work, subsequent policies have worked better."

He warned that "increasingly frequent acts of terrorism" could culminate in an attack "of such size and horror" that it would result in "many more victims" than the recent attack on Brussels or 2015 attacks in Paris.
    We already have a pan national anti terrorism force, NATO. We don't need more organizations doing redundant things.

He's right but he's also a Neocon so his being right almost gets undone by the fact that Neocons can't ever let well enough alone and have to do things so there's a inevitable perpetuation of the problem.

Problem, reaction, solution personified.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Didn't he get paid to give speeches on the Middle East? Surely they were more insightful than "don't bother" ?

Quote Originally Posted by neocount View Post
    It always perplexes me how people can focus their hate against leaders like Blair, but not against the pedophile terrorists that are beheading innocent people, kidnapping and selling underage girls into slavery, and burning villages and archaeological sites.
    Because humans might be able to dislike more than one thing at a time? Mind boggling shit I know but just speaking for myself I can both simultaneously loathe Tony Blair and ISIS nutters. Don't get me wrong though, I'm more than willing to entertain the idea that my emotional complexity verges on the super human though. I wouldn't expect other posters to be able to hold 2 negative opinions on 2 different entities with such ease such as myself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Didn't realize it was a binary thing. Either or. Silly post is silly.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't he face fuck a dead pig during his fraternity initiation? Yeah, I don't think that was up to halal standards.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Didn't realize it was a binary thing. Either or. Silly post is silly.
    Slow down there son. You mean you can dislike 2 things at once too!? I might be getting ahead of myself here but how do you feel about teaming up and starting some kind of Avengers/Justice League type organisation? Obviously we can't go out there and fight crime but maybe we can team up and heap scorn upon things that we don't quite agree with?

Knowing that there are others like me out there gives me hope, thank you Pangean! Knowing I'm not alone has given me strength I need to keep hating on things using the internet.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hate hate more than one person at a time. Maybe even 4 concurrently.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

Deleted
    Blair being an utter prick aside, I do feel like he might have a point, which is a sentence I thought I'd never say.

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    I hate hate more than one person at a time. Maybe even 4 concurrently.
    Sweet jesus. I was gonna propose that I be the Batman of the group but surely your ability to hate is unparalleled. Will you join us GodlyBob, for great justice?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I don't really know much about the guy, but I do like the idea of Pan-National organizations (so long as they actually function as intended) because it brings greater accountability and understanding to all parties involved (or at least it's supposed to).