Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I realize I'm obviously totally out of the loop with these things. But what exactly is a "gay attack helicopter"?

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    Spoiler alert: Heterosexuality has existed in video games for a long time. I know, it's tough to accept. I'm still in shock.

lol I love how people try to justify their homophobia. Just own up to it. Stop dancing around that you give ten shits about 'sexuality shouldn't be in games' or that 'it doesn't make sense to have a gay character'.
    Sexuality shouldn't be in games people cry as they play numerous games with romance plots and male female pairings of no consequence.

But somehow That doesn't count.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    Statistically you're prob right - I mean, current gender movement didn't invent homosexuality, it's with us since the humanity existed. But realistically? Nope. Just like genders gravitate to particular jobs/environments etc, same with people with particular sexual orientation within particular community/nation.

You have pretty high chance of finding a gay person in US army - not so much in Polish military. So putting gay person in a movie "Karbala" about Polish soldiers in Iraq would be very, very unrealistic and not connected to the setting :P. Topic is close to me cause I've served in the army. Sorry, but there are plenty of places/settings where finding a gay person is as likely as finding a unicorn.
    This is pretty ignorant. There are plenty of places where being LGBTQIA is frowned upon and therefore more of them stay in the closet, but that doesn't mean that they're not there. There is of course a "scene" within each country where folks go to interact with other LGBTQIA people. But no, there is nowhere where finding a gay person is "as likely as finding a unicorn", only places where gay people are oppressed into hiding.

And even if it were true, an international super hero team in a presumably more egalitarian future in a video game which was explicitly made with diversity in mind is not one of those settings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    Sexuality shouldn't be in games people cry as they play numerous games with romance plots and male female pairings of no consequence.

But somehow That doesn't count.

Games should only feature non-threatening shades of sex plz.

Where is my heterosexual safe space where I don't have to be confronted with the gays on a biannual basis?

---

On topic edit: Widowtracer is the real OTP.
    Last edited by Magicalcrab; 2016-03-29 at 11:45 AM.

Deleted
    On topic I ship Mei x Tracer and Genji x Lucio.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    On topic I ship Mei x Tracer and Genji x Lucio.
    I will fight you.

Seriously, look at the beautiful romance that is Widowtracer.

TRUE LOVE IS TO STYLISHLY MISS ON PURPOSE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicalcrab View Post
    I will fight you.

Seriously, look at the beautiful romance that is Widowtracer.

TRUE LOVE IS TO STYLISHLY MISS ON PURPOSE
    I don't really like shipping enemies. Like maybe once Widowmaker gets a redemption arc? But I prefer Tracer bringing Mei out of her shell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I don't really like shipping enemies. Like maybe once Widowmaker gets a redemption arc? But I prefer Tracer bringing Mei out of her shell.
    I really just like the idea of Tracer trying her best to bring Widowmaker in to de-brainwash her, and then help nurse her back to normal because she's young and idealistic and wants to save everyone like a true hero. <3
    It hits the angst- and hope-demanding spot in my brain.

And I love both of their accents. They're the best thing ever and anyone who disagrees is objectively wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Let's go there! We haven't talked about this one in a while, and with some lore coming out in the form of shorts and comics we might even see the answer to this. Good time for idle speculation.

Blizzard DID say that there would be some gay/etc characters in Overwatch. Of course when we get details of who likes what naughty bits is completely unknown, maybe we'll just have to guess - so let's! Just for fun. Feel free to include squicky slashes as well.

The current cast of Overwatch:

Offence
    Genji
    McCree
    Pharah
    Reaper
    Soldier
    Tracer

Defence
    Bastion
    Junkrat
    Hanzo
    Mei
    Torbjörn
    Widowmaker

Tank
    D.Va
    Reinhardt
    Roadhog
    Winston
    Zarya

Support
    Lúcio
    Mercy
    Symmetra
    Zenyatta

I've been thinking Reaper might be an interesting choice...
    None. It's an unnecessary topic to include within a video game that has the potential to annoy a segment of the population which will, in turn, lead to lost revenue over time.

Do you realize the amount of abuse the players that play male homosexual heroes will have? Do you realize the CS load due to all the complains about said abuse? Leave the orientation out of video games and don't antagonize the player base.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    None. It's an unnecessary topic to include within a video game that has the potential to annoy a segment of the population which will, in turn, lead to lost revenue over time.
    But it's perfectly all right to say they're all straight, heterosexual characters? Because that doesn't offend gays or anything, you know, that everyone in a game HAS to be straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Do you realize the amount of abuse the players that play male homosexual heroes will have? Do you realize the CS load due to all the complains about said abuse? Leave the orientation out of video games and don't antagonize the player base.
    Hint: The play base probably includes more LGBT people than you think.....and if you're going to get your panties in a twist because a gay character beat you...

Well... L2P comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    Its so fucking irrelevant. How can people give a shit about this utter irrelevant crap? Whats next? Are we gonna start discussing what Hanzos favourite colour is? How about what Pharahs favourite breakfast drink is?
    In the lore comics/etc? Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieEater View Post
    I don't bond with people over sexual preference, I bond with people over things like food or games they like... although I'm not really a breakfast drink person, I prefer cereal.
    Winston likes peanut butter, maybe we'll see more :P

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Well unless one of the daily brawls is "6 Hanzos have to nail 6 McCrees in the ass" I don't think we'll see it in-game. It's going to be in the lore comics and whatnot, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Can't imagine a better reason to include gay characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I'm pretty sure than plenty of straight players as well as gay players have been called a f** enough in their playing time that it's really water off a ducks back by now.

Thats one of the reasons why my cardback in hearthstone is still the Rainbow one..and i'm not even gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    Statistically you're prob right - I mean, current gender movement didn't invent homosexuality, it's with us since the humanity existed. But realistically? Nope. Just like genders gravitate to particular jobs/environments etc, same with people with particular sexual orientation within particular community/nation.

You have pretty high chance of finding a gay person in US army - not so much in Polish military. So putting gay person in a movie "Karbala" about Polish soldiers in Iraq would be very, very unrealistic and not connected to the setting :P. Topic is close to me cause I've served in the army. Sorry, but there are plenty of places/settings where finding a gay person is as likely as finding a unicorn.
    Is that because homosexuality just doesn't exist? Or is it because prejudices prevent people from being honest and open about who they are?

Deleted
    We'll replace the sexuality. We want *everyone* to feel strong and heroic in our community. The last thing we want to do is make someone feel uncomfortable, under-appreciated or misrepresented.

Apologies and we'll continue to try to do better.

I'd go full on BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTT for Rein.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Oh my gawd Bastion and D.Va's mech are my new favourite Overwatch OTP now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by whyohwhy View Post
    Yeah we had khadgar being one of the main characters in this expansion and babies shit out poos with more character than him so maybe i hope for too much
    I always thought Khadgar was a pretty cool character.

OT: I'm all for LGBT characters, just don't make them LGBT for the sake of it.

Don't make LGBT characters

Instead make characters who happen to be LGBT

Does that make any sense?

What I mean is, don't have their sexuality or whatever be their defining charecteristic.

I mean Dorian from Dragon Age Inquisition is a good example, he is a very complex and interesting character who happens to be gay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Is that because homosexuality just doesn't exist? Or is it because prejudices prevent people from being honest and open about who they are?
    Again, it's all about natural "gravitation/tendencies". Will you find a woman in a warehouse with performance tuning parts? Statistically it IS possible.. but realistically? Chances are low to say the least. Same with sexual orientation, nationality, gender etc etc. Every group has its own tendencies, yes, you WILL find exceptions, but those are just that - exceptions.

Of course, in some cases you may find that gay population is very low/non existant not because homosexuals have little interest in particular "setting", but because of potential hostility they may encounter. Nonetheless, no matter the reason - it is possible.