Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    You're missing the broader problem with that. If you ban the b.net account, you also ban their Starcraft and Diablo accounts. I think that's just a wee bit harsh a punishment for botting in one game, but playing legit in the others. That's like giving the death penalty to a shoplifter.
    Blizzard could always make it so that all of your WoW licenses get banned and that you can't add new ones during that - as in a battle.net wide game-ban. Without affecting the other games.
    I agree that they maybe shouldn't touch the other games, but making it so that you can simply create a new licence and still have everything is definitely not harsh enough for botting.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    So, just heard from a guildie that potentially 2 or 3 guildies been banned again, they got an 6 months ban back in nov/dec times, so they all decided to make new accounts and quit botting (Hopefully)

And now again 2 was banned again, but this time it seems cause he just had same email address as the banned account

ASSUMING THEY DID NOT BAN THIS TIME, would it be fair to ban ex-botters just for using the same email on an new account?
    THIS IS NOT TRUE

I was banned on my N******4 acc due to a guildie fishboted.
    I mad a new / upgraded N***** under the same Bnet acc.

I am not banned now etc. bla bla.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazaxist View Post
    lmao you are crazy
    What were you banned for?

Deleted
    Seems fair to me, as this was not an old ban.

Say it was from 3+ years ago it could be overlooked.

don't you even keep all the bnet account wide stuff like mounts, pets, acms when you create a new acc besides the banned one? That would be something to change in order to prevent people from doing that shit. If people get banned again on these new accounts they likely just botted again, so hopefully they will just stay away

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    don't you even keep all the bnet account wide stuff like mounts, pets, acms when you create a new acc besides the banned one? That would be something to change in order to prevent people from doing that shit. If people get banned again on these new accounts they likely just botted again, so hopefully they will just stay away
    That would probably make people STOP playing WoW, and that's not what Blizzard wants.

Players may not want botters in the game, but Blizzard loves that fact that if you ban their accounts, they just go buy new ones. Take away all of the account-wide stuff they've gained, and they won't be coming back. Good for players, bad for Blizzard.

Keep in mind I'm talking about Western World botters, not the chinese gold farmers. They either play on stolen accounts or accounts they created with CC fraud. Good riddance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    That would probably make people STOP playing WoW, and that's not what Blizzard wants.

Players may not want botters in the game, but Blizzard loves that fact that if you ban their accounts, they just go buy new ones. Take away all of the account-wide stuff they've gained, and they won't be coming back. Good for players, bad for Blizzard.

Keep in mind I'm talking about Western World botters, not the chinese gold farmers. They either play on stolen accounts or accounts they created with CC fraud. Good riddance.
    I can confirm that you keep most of the accountwide stuff like titles and mounts.

You do NOT keep PvP stuff tho thats char specific.

Again, I know this. See post above.

15+ Year Old Account
    Afaik nothing in TOS states that it's only 1 account per person, so technically nothing says a cheater can't make a second account.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    I botted and I was banned. I deserved to be banned. I made a new account and started playing again and had a good bit of fun. I leveled a DK and geared him out fully. Then Decided to start up my real main again, A warrior. I leveled him from 1-100 and it was enjoyable! It opened a new world again for me with WoW and I was glad I was forced to stop botting to show me what it's really like. I ultimately quit because I couldn't gear my Warrior because I was losing every BG and every Ashran game and gave up. But that is besides the fact. I'll never bot again though, and haven't been banned for starting a new account on the same email.
    Last edited by ATZenith; 2016-04-01 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    What were you banned for?
    herb glitch. permaban. back when they used permaban and not 6 months vacation. i learn my lesson and never exploited again. if my entire bnet account was banned i would never play another blizzard game i think

7+ Year Old Account
    So, just heard from a guildie that potentially 2 or 3 guildies been banned again, they got an 6 months ban back in nov/dec times, so they all decided to make new accounts and quit botting (Hopefully)

And now again 2 was banned again, but this time it seems cause he just had same email address as the banned account

ASSUMING THEY DID NOT BAN THIS TIME, would it be fair to ban ex-botters just for using the same email on an new account?
    Not only is It unfair, It makes no sense. Botting or not, Blizzard doesn't do that It's not In their rules.

Their way Is they ban botters or any abusers of their ToS for a certain period of time, depending on the "Abuse" at hand, and then hope they'll realize their mistakes and that If they continue they'll loose theirr accounts, If they foolishly continue, more suspensions come until an eventual ban. They want them to keep playing, realize their mistakes and keep giving Blizz dat money flow.

So to ban an account cause It was associated with a banned account for botting makes no sense, unless they used bots again, then perfect sense and they should stop It lol.

I should know, I was falsely banned April 2015, almost 12 months ago now, I was hacked on my account and Blizzard will still not return me my account even after all the proof I gave of my ownership, they're quite frankly mad sometimes and I don't act surprised anymore that subs are as low as they are If their game keeps sucking and their Customer Support Staff (At least the EU one) cannot do It's job properly. And your post might be another example of that, I've had a secondary account associated with my general battle.net one for a few months now, and they didn't ban It.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Not only is It unfair, It makes no sense. Botting or not, Blizzard doesn't do that It's not In their rules.

Their way Is they ban botters or any abusers of their ToS for a certain period of time, depending on the "Abuse" at hand, and then hope they'll realize their mistakes and that If they continue they'll loose theirr accounts, If they foolishly continue, more suspensions come until an eventual ban. They want them to keep playing, realize their mistakes and keep giving Blizz dat money flow.

So to ban an account cause It was associated with a banned account for botting makes no sense, unless they used bots again, then perfect sense and they should stop It lol.

I should know, I was falsely banned April 2015, almost 12 months ago now, I was hacked on my account and Blizzard will still not return me my account even after all the proof I gave of my ownership, they're quite frankly mad sometimes and I don't act surprised anymore that subs are as low as they are If their game keeps sucking and their Customer Support Staff (At least the EU one) cannot do It's job properly. And your post might be another example of that, I've had a secondary account associated with my general battle.net one for a few months now, and they didn't ban It.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...t-to-be-banned

I have a younger brother, 16 years old who played wow with me for a few years now, we share the account, he has his chars, I have mine... we both RP as well. Now, since about half through January 2015, he's been "Harassing" this person that he took a liking to but she rejected him over and over, but he persisted still. I even got warnings to my email, as the account's email was mine. So I screamed down at him about It, as It's a serious deal... however..

Him being a stubborn and very attatched young dude, he kept at It. Mostly cause he accepted the risks of my account getting banned, It wasn't his right.. what was there to risk? >.< So within one month, half way through February 2015 he got his last warning, 5th warning (Or sixth? 5th I think). And I yelled SO much at him then... I was giving him a chance to control himself, but I should've taken access away from him really - because two or so months later, I get banned. (That's like 2-3 weeks ago now, 13th April or something). Reason? Harassment... apparently he spammed in trade, or did something else.. It was never specified as per usual.
    The only thing false here is your memory. You weren't hacked, you are simply a liar trying to get folks to feel sorry for you. You've already told the world the bloody reason you were banned. You admitted to having received several warnings prior to being banned for sharing your account with your 'brother' who was stalking and harassing another player.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted

It's fair to give ex-botters a lifetime ban. They're idiots.
    Ban them from all BNet games forever.

That's completely fair I think.

Quote Originally Posted by xxxDkDkxxx View Post
    It's fair to give ex-botters a lifetime ban. They're idiots.
    Ban them from all BNet games forever.

That's completely fair I think.
    Terrible for business, honestly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    That was not what the OP asked though, now was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazaxist View Post
    I was banned once. i added another game license - to the same account using the same email. never been banned after this so this is not true, unless your friends botted again!

- - - Updated - - -

You are a crazy man. So if you cheat on steam in counter-strike - should valve ban your entire account and you lose ALL your games? lmao.
    Then don't cheat really that simple. If you can't do the time don't do the crime.

- - - Updated - - -

Again here you are with this lie. You were not hacked even if I believe your original story your brother did it on your account. But you were banned for harrassment and warned 4 or 5 times as you have stated. Yet you also got banned from blizz help for harrassing them. And now you harass this site with your sob story. So I think you did it all by the way you act here. Let it go and move on already

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Only for cheaters. If thier was true punishment maybe people wouldn't cheat you think?
    Last edited by Jewsco; 2016-04-02 at 11:32 AM.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hate to break it to ya, but I'd be willing to bet that the first thing your buddy did when he got unbanned was start his bot. Once a botter always a botter.

- - - Updated - - -

sometimes and I don't act surprised anymore that subs are as low as they are If their game keeps sucking and their Customer Support Staff (At least the EU one) cannot do It's job properly.
    I'm sorry EU customer support has failed you but the customer support for US realms is fantastic. I have NEVER had a bad experience with Blizz CS. Despite all my gripes with the company, customer service is nowhere on that list.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Hate to break it to ya, but I'd be willing to bet that the first thing your buddy did when he got unbanned was start his bot. Once a botter always a botter.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry EU customer support has failed you but the customer support for US realms is fantastic. I have NEVER had a bad experience with Blizz CS. Despite all my gripes with the company, customer service is nowhere on that list.
    Have to agree with this. Compared to some other games CS, their support is damn near top notch. Hell on rare occasions they go above and beyond.