Page 84 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    seems soviet union decided to deploy up north to mess with PL.

I have to admit I dislike most of the alliances fighting in the war, for me I don't like PL as much as I don't like goons so everyone losing supers would be a good outcome.

I did have to facepalm a bit at the 'were going to deploy to the north to screw with PL' on coms. 'so were basically helping the CFC then' bleh.

unfortunately you can't exactly remove ppl from the game so, I expect to see goons just live in lowsec for a while and then take new space and continue what they were doing. lets not pretend that whoever takes the space these guys are getting removed from won't just take over the same mantel. the moneybadger coalition is full of shitlers that are no better than the CFC, with co2 leaving its basically 'the shitler war'.

on the bright side I was given my own moon mining pos the other day with the option to take over 2 others. not bad considering i've only been in this corp for about 3 months. I know ppl don't like handing out starbase config to just anyone. I musta done something right.

also the o7 show hinted at capital npcs, npc titans randomly spawning in null belts and anomlies, that sounds fun. about time they upped the stakes a bit. think its in part to give ppl something to pve with carriers showcase the changes in citadel. I liked the idea of wormhole escalations getting changed with the persistant drifter rat that will warp off and linger in your WH until you probe it down and kill it. or tackle it when it spawns. is it just me or am I going to jump into a WH one day when someone has deliberately let 10s of them amass themselves, all sitting on the hole when you jump in.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2016-04-04 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Yes one alliance managed to kill some nobodies in synd while the rest of us were grinding thier space and killing thier SCAA's and wrecking their fleets. This is pretty much a freefall and will be the end of cfc. The nartive from mittens is the most cringeworthy laughworthy shit iv herd in a long time, only to be surpased by how hes going to look when he has to explain to a future employer why he quit his job to lead spaceship nerds.
    so salty, didnt know reddit koolaid have salty flavours.

Quote Originally Posted by Clerigon View Post
    so salty, didnt know reddit koolaid have salty flavours.
    I dont know why you think im salty. Im the one helping kill the CFC. Im not running a spinmaster to tell everyone why the largest coalition ingame cant protect its allies, thier assets, thier space and more. CFC HAD 40k members at the start of this war. There isnt a reason in blue hell as to why they shouldnt have been able to repulse every attack on thier space. putting 1300-1500 dudes on field from 40k is beyond pathetic and sad. All it means is its bloated and needs to be pruned. The best of the CFC [c02] left and swapped sides, so the rest is just cancer that needs to be purged.

- - - Updated - - -

seems soviet union decided to deploy up north to mess with PL.

I have to admit I dislike most of the alliances fighting in the war, for me I don't like PL as much as I don't like goons so everyone losing supers would be a good outcome.

I did have to facepalm a bit at the 'were going to deploy to the north to screw with PL' on coms. 'so were basically helping the CFC then' bleh.

unfortunately you can't exactly remove ppl from the game so, I expect to see goons just live in lowsec for a while and then take new space and continue what they were doing. lets not pretend that whoever takes the space these guys are getting removed from won't just take over the same mantel. the moneybadger coalition is full of shitlers that are no better than the CFC, with co2 leaving its basically 'the shitler war'.

on the bright side I was given my own moon mining pos the other day with the option to take over 2 others. not bad considering i've only been in this corp for about 3 months. I know ppl don't like handing out starbase config to just anyone. I musta done something right.
    When thier homespace is attacked stainwagon can put up decent numbers in RUTZ. But from what iv seen its just token harrassment fleets in the north, nothing like what i remember down south. I do have to lol about the fact that Mittens bought off stainwagon again, and he bragged that because he bought off stainwagon and black legion that means we are going to fail in purging goonies.

well I did hear that one of the main fcs got a 120b pay day to help, in the end IWI are funding PL's involvement if they pull the plug on funding then it wouldn't surprise me to see pl go back to hot dropping caracal fleets.

none of the alliances have anyone but themselves to blame for goons getting so comfortable they are the only ones who could have stopped it in the first place but chose to blue donut it up instead. to me it seems like its mostly pl who dictates who gets to keep space because they are the only real force to be reckoned with, the only alliance that can wave caps around like frigates and get away with it.

we do put up a reasonable fight but you can't really contend with the super blob, if PL want they can make life in stainwagon difficult. which will probably happen after this northern war. the only thing we are really good at is cerberus fleets and the occasional typhoon blob, but even those have weaknesses. the russians seem to think missles > all.

my corp is pretty small it is nice being part of a smaller entity, i do have quite an extensive blue list but i'm not in a massive corp, i think our only real objective atm is to replace a titan that was lost a while ago. i know my ceo has been trying to gather mins, when i can be bothered to mine i just sell them to him. from what i can tell we have given up defending the r64s in stain and most ppl have consolidated back to sov. there was some back and forth between the romulans. i personally found it boring in stain not much happened every time i jump cloned over there it was a whole bunch of ship spinning and the occasional tower bash.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2016-04-05 at 07:02 AM.

Reading all this, it makes me wonder whether I made a mistake not to "extend" that EVE trial I played back in 2008!? WAR and Age of Conan launches are to be blamed. Thou I had my fair share of fun in both of these.
    CU... ...or CF ?

its in a bit of flux atm, this war is partly happening because this month all the caps get nerfed so everyone is waving their dicks around before that inevitability, also the way stations will work, they will be destructible so thats quite a game changer and will probably change the way things work forever.

if you only played the trial in 08, then you would probably be able to pick it up again quite easily. but come the 27th a large amount of change is happening that should mix up the way the game is played quite considerably.

its a good time to be a relic hunter, the price of salvage is way up there while ppl stockpile for rigging the new citadels. PI is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    well I did hear that one of the main fcs got a 120b pay day to help, in the end IWI are funding PL's involvement if they pull the plug on funding then it wouldn't surprise me to see pl go back to hot dropping caracal fleets.
    If you think IWI stopped funding that everyone would just leave right now your off your rocker. To start the isk may have been an incentive but not anymore. Right now EVERYONE is enjoying shitting all over the CFC's sandcastle. For years they did this to other people, the castle of hubris they built is melting away and the faults and lack of coherent leadership from the cfc is amazing right now. So no if they pulled funding we would still be kicking down towers, taking staging systems, dunking fleets and laughing as goons fail to form respectable numbers befiting a coalition that is the largest in eve.

none of the alliances have anyone but themselves to blame for goons getting so comfortable they are the only ones who could have stopped it in the first place but chose to blue donut it up instead. to me it seems like its mostly pl who dictates who gets to keep space because they are the only real force to be reckoned with, the only alliance that can wave caps around like frigates and get away with it.
    What? do you know the politics of the last several years? twice i think we could have taken on the cfc is everyone played ball, but both times people up top bitched out.

we do put up a reasonable fight but you can't really contend with the super blob, if PL want they can make life in stainwagon difficult. which will probably happen after this northern war. the only thing we are really good at is cerberus fleets and the occasional typhoon blob, but even those have weaknesses. the russians seem to think missles > all.
    This may suprise you but if b-r 2.0 happened it wouldnt just be PL's supers on field against goons. You have all the heavy hitters across eve right now.

PL, NC, Snuff, Tishu, Shadow, Culture and more.

my corp is pretty small it is nice being part of a smaller entity, i do have quite an extensive blue list but i'm not in a massive corp, i think our only real objective atm is to replace a titan that was lost a while ago. i know my ceo has been trying to gather mins, when i can be bothered to mine i just sell them to him. from what i can tell we have given up defending the r64s in stain and most ppl have consolidated back to sov. there was some back and forth between the romulans. i personally found it boring in stain not much happened every time i jump cloned over there it was a whole bunch of ship spinning and the occasional tower bash.
    dont worry, once goons are defeated pl will come back and shit on stainwagon, its a yearly tradition. parts of stainwagon are good. But other parts are cancer that refuses to die. Coven/-a- ect. Long past thier glory and only existing on the backs of others. Btw get some real miners. I have a few friends who can bang out a titans worth of mins in a week.

- - - Updated - - -

its in a bit of flux atm, this war is partly happening because this month all the caps get nerfed so everyone is waving their dicks around before that inevitability, also the way stations will work, they will be destructible so thats quite a game changer and will probably change the way things work forever.
    Caps arnt getting nerfed. They are being changed. And alot are for the better. Stations will not become destructable in this patch. Pos's arnt going away either. Very little of what ccp wants to do is coming out in this patch so stop jumping the gun.

Also sure was lolz to roll up and kill a titan and super in build in cfc space and watch cfc not fight cus they couldnt get more than 400. Please keep the stagnation going.

the citidels will be destructible on day one, the outposts will stay as they are, but it is the small pebbles, it should be interesting to see who drops what first, no doubt there will be many lost cits in the weeks after it launches, either by ppl moving them or the ppl trying to kill them after they've been dropped.

coven are blue to me, along with afterlife, infamous and a bunch of others, i personally haven't had much problems with those guys -A- are no where near as big as they were soviet union is largely the biggest entity, even so a lot of their space is pretty much perpetually empty. for the most part my corp is a bunch of bears but we can form up if its required. there are a couple of money bags in my corp that could easily outright finish the titan but they'd prefer to build their own stuff. I did have rorq boosts in the system i bear in but the guy hasn't logged for over a month so its pretty painful to mine like that. I could totally use a bit more direction right now its almost like being a free agent in sov.

the capitals are getting an EHP nerf, you might be able to make it back with capital sized plates but day 1, caps won't be as hardy as they are now. its definitely part of the reason why the war is taking place now, as opposed to after the 27th. there are other elements to it aswell like titan DD changes, fighter changes.its quite a large amount of change, which reminds me i really should check out sisi befor it goes live.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2016-04-05 at 08:45 AM.

if you only played the trial in 08, then you would probably be able to pick it up again quite easily. but come the 27th a large amount of change is happening that should mix up the way the game is played quite considerably.

its a good time to be a relic hunter, the price of salvage is way up there while ppl stockpile for rigging the new citadels. PI is the same.
    Of course, I'd wait a bit to see what this mess turns into. If EVE was, by some chance, in medieval setting - I'd be all over it; This way, I'm in no hurry; Just another entertained spectator.

In other words, I find reading about it - with all the articles and drama and thrash talk - fun enough for the time being =)
    CU... ...or CF ?

For disclosure: Last time I played with any regularity was during the BoB war. With the PA corp that joined GSF in Wicked Creek and moved down to 9980-U as we began pushing across the South, then later during BoB's failcascade where we consolidated Delve and Querious and TEST setup in the SW.

Can't say I've followed things all that closely over the years, but would check up on things once a year maybe and look at how the sovmaps changed. -A- and Red Alliance seem to be zombies or something, as every time they've been ousted from all sov they always seem to pop back up elsewhere. Similar seemed to have happened with NC. as well? From watching sovmaps progress they seemed to lose their territory at least twice and I hear they're back and involved in the current war?

The EVE thread here on MMO-champ seems fairly reasonable at least, unlike the EVE reddit. With all the talk about the war this week I checked on that and holy shit that subreddit is a huge circlejerk. Do they even play EVE? They seem to shitpost like its their job lol.

The way I see this going down is: At some point the ISK site funds are going to stop and the "money badgers" will all go their own way and this will erupt into regional wars all over the place. At which point whatever core of the CFC/GSF/whatever will start bending over various fragments of the badgers. Be that after blunting the push at some point, or staging out of low-sec if sov is completely lost. Plenty of examples of this happening in EVE's past, including with alliances on the badgers side. I think it would be silly to not expect significant losses for any alliance when 80% of null-sec decides to band together.

How long are they intending to keep this giant alliance going for though? If CFC starts reclaiming territory after the badgers go their ways are they going to reform every time that happens? They're probably very right in that they're going to succeed in paring the "cruft" from CFC by the end of this, but that is an inevitable outcome for any successful alliance. There are always going to be "serfs" that want the relative protection that affords to go about their merry carebear ways and pay their dues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesGoblin View Post
    If EVE was, by some chance, in medieval setting - I'd be all over it;
    I always figured a game which was a cross between Red Dead Redemption and EVE would be awesome. Major Cities, like New York or Boston would be High Sec, while outside the cities you had low sec all the way down to "The Wild West".

The Railroads would substitute for Jump Gate network, and it would be worthwhile trying to set up an outpost in "Injun" territory looking for Gold or Oil, all the while dealing with Bandits as you try to ship your goods to the cities etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    The EVE thread here on MMO-champ seems fairly reasonable at least, unlike the EVE reddit. With all the talk about the war this week I checked on that and holy shit that subreddit is a huge circlejerk. Do they even play EVE? They seem to shitpost like its their job lol.
    Yes, this thread does seem a lot better than Reddit. We do have good moderators though which helps keep things in check. *wave*

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    I always figured a game which was a cross between Red Dead Redemption and EVE would be awesome. Major Cities, like New York or Boston would be High Sec, while outside the cities you had low sec all the way down to "The Wild West".

The Railroads would substitute for Jump Gate network, and it would be worthwhile trying to set up an outpost in "Injun" territory looking for Gold or Oil, all the while dealing with Bandits as you try to ship your goods to the cities etc.
    - - - Updated - - -
    I had high hopes for SWG back in the day, but as one might imagine, what was released was only a pale shadow of the original design document that got everyone excited. Not only was the original concept of "lawless areas" away from town abandoned, so was localized resources. IE: Find a rich node of something and setup a claim with turrets around it to monopolize it unless someone could destroy your defenses.

Unfortunately, in beta they made resources planetwide, so trying to control any nodes was impossible as you could just suck them out from the other side of the planet. They also were incredibly inept at properly testing the game and doing balance changes in correct order. IE: TKA were considered too strong, but they never got better than Tier1 knuckles meanwhile guns were also only at Tier1/2 at the time. Rather than release the Tier3/4 weapons then see how TKA fare, they nerfed them by 50% in the same patch they released Tier3/4 and they got annihilated after that. (Since ranged could easily kite them around while firing behind them)

Then their choice to release the game a solid 3-4 months early resulted in the beta community going into full revolt overnight when we had previously been very supportive. The game was not ready and their shoddy testing in the 4-6 weeks leading up to their gold announcement did not instill any confidence that they knew what they were doing.

Seeing how SWG played out, I stand by the beta community's assessment of them not knowing wtf they were doing

I would play the hell out of a medieval full loss pvp mmo, the only trouble is not many ppl like having their progress crapped away by one mistake (I thought life is feudal was gunna be that game but apparently not you also have wurm but the combat in that game is pretty terrible thats full loss if you don't manage to get your corpse back). it surprising how many ppl don't plan for that even in eve where its to be expected. largely why a lot of ppl quit, they lose their shiny ship and that saps the enjoyment right out of you.

as far as the war is concerned I don't actually know who is going to be living in deklein i could see PL placing their newbro alliance in there but we'll have to see how that goes, goons won't just up and vanish they'll screw with ppl from lowsec no doubt about it. but that is all part of the fun, if there are no wars the game gets stale and inflation starts getting stupid. ( i mean look at plex prices 1.2b, they were 260-270m when i started)

there are too many alliances with their hands in CCPs pocket though, too many times have ccp directly helped ppl they shouldn't have. ppl with voices up high that do whatever it takes to mould the game to their will. largely the bigger alliances are only the way they are because of these past situations. citadel is a step in the right direction, you still won't lose everything, but there should be way more emphasis on local defence and strategic placement of citadels, it'll open up a bit more when they finally get around to reworking t2 industry, theres a large amount of the game that is controlled by FC's and alliance leaders, line members don't really get a look at t2 industry, its largely a passive income stream for the elite, don't get me wrong it does trickle down in the form of SRP's but it could be much better spread out between members holding space. I remember reading a post on reddit where one guy is currently running a 100 pos chain for harvesting and reactions. 100 posses, gl fuelling/micro managing that bitch.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2016-04-05 at 01:20 PM.

the citidels will be destructible on day one, the outposts will stay as they are, but it is the small pebbles, it should be interesting to see who drops what first, no doubt there will be many lost cits in the weeks after it launches, either by ppl moving them or the ppl trying to kill them after they've been dropped.

coven are blue to me, along with afterlife, infamous and a bunch of others, i personally haven't had much problems with those guys -A- are no where near as big as they were soviet union is largely the biggest entity, even so a lot of their space is pretty much perpetually empty. for the most part my corp is a bunch of bears but we can form up if its required. there are a couple of money bags in my corp that could easily outright finish the titan but they'd prefer to build their own stuff. I did have rorq boosts in the system i bear in but the guy hasn't logged for over a month so its pretty painful to mine like that. I could totally use a bit more direction right now its almost like being a free agent in sov.

the capitals are getting an EHP nerf, you might be able to make it back with capital sized plates but day 1, caps won't be as hardy as they are now. its definitely part of the reason why the war is taking place now, as opposed to after the 27th. there are other elements to it aswell like titan DD changes, fighter changes.its quite a large amount of change, which reminds me i really should check out sisi befor it goes live.
    My bet is that pl will build the first one, mitten has said several time for months that we arent going to get the first citadel because first it will be bugged and because you cant make contracts in a citadel at launch, also there is no point to drop 800b to buy a bpo when you can wait some weeks to buy a copy cheap.

Also i dont think anyone will live in dek for more than a week, unless something big happen and the cfc disband goons will be always be there.

My bet is that pl will build the first one, mitten has said several time for months that we arent going to get the first citadel because first it will be bugged and because you cant make contracts in a citadel at launch, also there is no point to drop 800b to buy a bpo when you can wait some weeks to buy a copy cheap.

Also i dont think anyone will live in dek for more than a week, unless something big happen and the cfc disband goons will be always be there.
    Really? You think the allied forces are just going to stop and say NAW WE DONT WANT DEK. AHAHA. That koolaid your guzzling sounds flavorfull. The CFC is loosing its space. They are getting dumpstered fight after fight. You are loosing corps and corps of members.

https://www.themittani.com/news/gsf-...ess-aggression

And the mad raving of your idiot leader is nothing short of amusing. Make no mistake. The allied forces are coming for goon sov. And goons have shown no abilty to defend thier own space as of yet. I dont think iv seen a fleet thats not an embarassment to the CFC's size since this war started.

I played the trial for this game several times over the years but my favorite part of the game was just scanning down sites. Is there anything more you can do with that? Or do you just become someone who just scans down hacking sites and relic sites? I guess it's just the fact there was no-where you could really go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    I played the trial for this game several times over the years but my favorite part of the game was just scanning down sites. Is there anything more you can do with that? Or do you just become someone who just scans down hacking sites and relic sites? I guess it's just the fact there was no-where you could really go with it.
    they have expanded on it a bit since a few expansions ago, you got like harder relics and data combo sites that require both hackers, it actually helps if your flying a buffer tanked stratios with t2 hackers the sites are designed for the best of the best scanners and hackers. but its the only way to source polarised weapon bpcs, I personally haven't seen many ppl use polarised weapons because although they are considerably better than t2 in damage, equiping them turns you into a glass cannon. there are other things you can get too like sleeper loot and story line bpcs. generally the sites are quite tough and if you fail you'll take damage, most frigs will get one shot by a fail or too many fails. the sites are called sleeper caches, you got easy ones and hard, i think it goes like limited/standard/improved and superior sleeper caches. there are also ghost sites that I tend to just warp in, scan the 4 cans and pick the best one and try get it and warp away quickly before the npcs spawn and fk you up. those ones tend to drop t2 implant bpcs for warp speed implants, and meta level bpcs for the MTU or mobile depot. like the wetu and packrat.

the best part of scanning is largely finding some corp has forgot to fuel their tower in a wormhole, and the shield is offline and the corp hanger and sma's are just sitting there. sometimes that can be a pay day, i've seen one like that, it had a bunch of hole rolling ships about 6b in total just sitting there vargur died to the loot roll but we got an archon couple t3s and a rolling hyperion among other crap ice and mods.

heres a video of a guy doing probably the hardest sleeper cache they play out like a series of puzzles, going in without knowing anything about it is likely to end with you losing your ship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv-vI51-R44
    Last edited by Heathy; 2016-04-06 at 09:57 AM.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/53081751/

https://zkillboard.com/kill/53081189/

Were was ur duders? Dont you value your allies?

Kewl, thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Really? You think the allied forces are just going to stop and say NAW WE DONT WANT DEK. AHAHA. That koolaid your guzzling sounds flavorfull. The CFC is loosing its space. They are getting dumpstered fight after fight. You are loosing corps and corps of members.

https://www.themittani.com/news/gsf-...ess-aggression

And the mad raving of your idiot leader is nothing short of amusing. Make no mistake. The allied forces are coming for goon sov. And goons have shown no abilty to defend thier own space as of yet. I dont think iv seen a fleet thats not an embarassment to the CFC's size since this war started.
    Do you even understand how this sov system work or you just drink /r/eve koolaid and join the circlejerk singing kumbaya. When you destroy the ihub the adm drop to almost zero, if you dont grind that adm back anyone will be able to entosis your shit in 10-20min, this is what tishu did in fade, prevent sma from using their space and making the adm drop, hacking and entosis was a walk in the park after that. Unless pl, test, tishu and their pets become the new goons and permanently move to dek nobody would be able to live in dek for more than a few weeks, and not, blowing up the ihub and droping your flag isnt living there.