Thread: Nostalrius Ends

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Then you get posts like this which is filled with so much hypocrisy.

These anti-classic people keep changing their argument around. First it's "rose tinted glasses" and then it's "it's not profitable" and now it's "it's illegal and you should feel bad."
    These three reasons aren't exclusive, you know that right? Two of them are valid reasons against pirate servers, and all of them are valid reasons against official vanilla servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    The world is full of bitter jealous people mate. This "breaking the law" never harmed them, but you get them screaming from their soapboxes just because of sheer nastiness.
    Blizzard rightfully protecting their copyright doesn't harm you either. I also forgot that I had to be harmed by something personally to have an opinion on it. I don't have to have had my house burned down to not be okay with arson.

And let's stop pretending Nost has some sort of moral high ground here. The Pro-Nost side is plenty full of nasty people telling others they're blizzard shills who deserve to die. Stop waving it around like it helps your side.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2016-04-12 at 08:00 AM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

The Server would have died with or without Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    Doesn't work that way. Nost drew attention to themselves and got caught.
    yup drew attention by giving people what they asked for. SOmthing blizzard refused to do. And said no one would like.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Yeh to hell with people enjoying a product blizzard refuses to provide and blatantly stated that no one would enjoy. They wernt making profit. They were adhearing to all rules that blizzard themselves did. All they did was provide somthing that the developers of the original game refused to provide.
    They were what now? What magical rules were they adhering to that says they have the right to run a WoW server that Blizzard did not authorize?

Blizzard is under no obligation to provide you, or anyone else, with access to any version of WoW other then the current version. Just because a few people want a vanilla server really really badly does not magically grant them the right to illegally create one.

I really really want a copy of original Megaman for the NES. Shame that since nintendo nolonger makes NES systesms, or Megaman cartridges, i cant just go out and buy one. I guess it is my right then to pirate a copy and load it onto an emulator since Nintendo nolonger provides the services i need to play it.....

And attempting to pretend that it "harmed blizzards products none" is about as intellectually dishonest as you can possibly be.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a thread for this topic...

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ver-Nostralius
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    No worries mate. I enjoyed my time in vanilla because of the newness of MMOs, and the friends I made. From a technical/gameplay standpoint, I'd take live all day every day. From a fun-ness standpoint, I'd hop back in a time machine and go back to the old days.
    I think I prefer vanilla as I much prefer the slow pace of the game. I actually get satisfaction from going out into the world to find pepole to join my dungeon group and so on, on the flip side I can fully understand people that despise that sort of thing. Each to their own and I have no problem with that, it's just the usual suspects that come on here and try to tell me a server shouldn't be allowed because it's not for them. If it's not for you then nobody has a gun to your head making you play it.

Deleted
    Man I wanted to check these forums again after quite a long break. I see nothing changed. The same self important people riding their high horses. This place is a fucking cesspool. Please just IP ban me or something so I can't come back.

Well, it's not like there a 450+ PAGES THREAD about this already, this was totally needed.

My 2 cents: lots of people play for nostalgia, as they think that Vanilla was the peak of WoW, but it isn't the opinion of everyone. Fact is, that private servers are illegal and Blizzard can sue you no matter how you put it down - you're using proprietay/registered/copyrighted/whatever you want to call it material that you're not supposed to use. End.

There are a lot of private servers running, there have always been, why people is so mad about this one? I don't get it at all. Nor from people screaming "HAHA YOU DESERVED IT" nor from the others "FFS STOOPID BLIZZ MAKE VANILLA SERVERS NAO".

Do people really think that Blizzrad hasn't already calculated if Legacy servers are going to make a decent return? Hell they didn't release them before when WoW was at its peak, no chance in hell they are making them now with the game struggling much more.
    I can see them making them only if and when the game goes maintenance mode and no more content is developed.

All discussion looks pretty bogus. There is surely a part of the community which wants to play back on Vanilla servers. Too bad they won't and private servers are not becoming legal until Blizz says so.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by staal View Post
    In vanilla servers were marked as full and had queues with around 5000 people.
    I played Blackrock in Vanilla at it rarely got queues higher than 1000 at peak times. this was also at a time when Server capacity was about 1/5th of what it is now.

Deleted
    It is questionable whether a free to play server operating on player donations, with an outdated content for a niche group Blizzard refused to satisfy, is stealing, other than in the strict legal definition. But consider this: Blizzard is asking you to pay the price of a full game and also another 2-3 full games during a yearly sub, but you get only content of one game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Summoner View Post
    It is questionable whether a free to play server operating on player donations, with content that Blizzard refused to backtrack to is stealing, other than in the strict legal definition. But consider this: Blizzard is asking you to pay the price of a full game and also another 2-3 full games during a yearly sub, but you get only content of one game.
    You do realize that the "strict legal definition" is the only thing that matters here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

All discussion looks pretty bogus. There is surely a part of the community which wants to play back on Vanilla servers. Too bad they won't and private servers are not becoming legal until Blizz says so.
    Then this is going to keep happening untill blizzard puts the servers up. Sorry but over a million registered accounts. OBV there was a huge calling for it. And considering how dismall the current sub numbers are for blizzard this should be eye opening. But if they would rather people keep putting up private servers in countries they cant do dick about then thats what will happen.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    That's what I'm trying to understand. The sheer animosity from people who have never played on Nost, who don't know anyone who played on Nost, and have ABSOLUTELY NO FUCKING REASON to be hating on people who played on Nost. Or for that matter, cheering that the server got shut down. Most of these twits didn't even know about Nostralius until the news of it getting shut down came out.

I myself have never played on Nost, I couldn't really give a hoot less that it got shut down, but it blows me away that every time I come into these threads about Nost, there are people absolutely frothing at the mouth and spewing regurgitated bullshit they've read elsewhere, cheering that Nost got shut down, and biting the heads off of anyone who defends Nost.
    The exact same thing can be said for those Nost players spewing hate and biting the heads off those who were cheering the shutdown..

To all who has been against this: Has never played on Nostalrius nor Played back in vanila.
    I played in Vanilla and it was utter shit. Buggy as hell, way too grindy, and you were forced into playing only one spec for most classes.

Quit whining, you pleb.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Blizzard rightfully protecting their copyright doesn't harm you either. I also forgot that I had to be harmed by something personally to have an opinion on it. I don't have to have had my house burned down to not be okay with arson.

And let's stop pretending Nost has some sort of moral high ground here. The Pro-Nost side is plenty full of nasty people telling others they're blizzard shills who deserve to die. Stop waving it around like it helps your side.
    I'm not on the moral high ground I think you will find that's the forum solicitors. I have no beef with blizzard shutting it down, but what I do have beef with is people telling me it was only nostalgia and a legacy server shouldn't be allowed.

So what is your opinion on a legacy server?

Deleted
    Irony of posters here shouting "copyright" or "you break the rules" when this site profit from datamining (against EULA btw) unreleased content. This thread is good example how shitty wow community is these days when so many posters are "enjoying" because other players lost something they enjoyed.

I never played on Nost, but I am glad that at least some players got to experience something similar again or experience it first time. Hopefully it is signal for Blizzard that they do some research what made the game great back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Then this is going to keep happening untill blizzard puts the servers up. Sorry but over a million registered accounts.
    Again:

The product being offered by bootleggers is free.

Bootleggers don't have to do even a fraction of what Blizz development proper would have to do to integrate old-ass WoW into modern bnet.

Bootleggers have far, far, far fewer security and DDOS risks than a big company like Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leipuri View Post
    Irony of posters here shouting "copyright" or "you break the rules" when this site profit from datamining (against EULA btw) unreleased content. This thread is good example how shitty wow community is these days when so many posters are "enjoying" because other players lost something they enjoyed.

I never played on Nost, but I am glad that at least some players got to experience something similar again or experience it first time. Hopefully it is signal for Blizzard that they do some research what made the game great back then.
    EULA != law
    edit: meant to add "depending on the country you're in/hosted in
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.