Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Master Plan can be utilized to work on any Legion content, Blizzard has failed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is blizzard not making the mission table mini-game an actual mobile game ?? They have put so much work on it and no one wants it in the game, just make it its own thing. The few people that like it can keep enjoying it and the rest can just ignore it, it would be so easy.

Personally I do want them, they would be a good replacement for Tiny Tower, to bad the garrison is not a mobile game. the point is this is the 3rd incarnation of the command table and for a lot of people it just brings bad memories.

It is like, when you had awful Chinese food! then you try it again and is worse, then a friend invites you to another Chinese restaurant! at that moment most people reaction is going to be no thanks !The third place could have the best Chinese food ever but after the bad experiences even thinking about it makes you ill.

That's the command table situation right now, it could be 100 times better than the last 2 but the bad taste of the garrison and shipyard ones make it so it would be really hard to enjoy this new version.

Now that i think about it,Tiny Tower is free it kinda makes it actually better than the command table, when you have to pay 60 for the expansion and 11 a month to play this click game.
    Last edited by lopus; 2016-04-13 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Advo View Post
    If Master Plan can be utilized to work on any Legion content, Blizzard has failed.
    if a mod works on part of a game = blizz fail? what?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Who let the troll out?
    Who the hell let children out that have utterly no concept of the outside world beyond their mommy and daddy's walls?

Never thought that in all of my lifetime people would argue with me about whether or not companies exist to make profit and that over time, they inevitably tend to forgo quality(or quantity) for greater profit.

I mean if you're having your mind blown by this revelation JUST NOW - goddamn you've lived a sheltered life.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2016-04-13 at 02:03 AM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    It all kinda sounds like "You think you want to buy Legion, but you don't."

Well I do hope that things can be achieved (in realistic time/effort) without the missions tables.

Still he does not explain why we need the content to be gated behind tables (thus making them mandatory if you want to do it) when we can have NPCs with ! like the old ways?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Well I do hope that things can be achieved (in realistic time/effort) without the missions tables.

Still he does not explain why we need the content to be gated behind tables (thus making them mandatory if you want to do it) when we can have NPCs with ! like the old ways?
    dont worry, I am sure someone will mod a npc over the map :P

And to everyone who is claiming that mission tables purely give you quests only:

But at the same time, there are people who do enjoy the mission minigame, and there are some positive elements, such as a bit of offline progression, and the fun of looking forward to a reward waiting for you when you get home and log in. Not all aspects of the game are intended to appeal to all players - that's part of the challenge of creating a single game that is played by such a diverse audience with different preferences and playstyles. But while garrison followers and missions were a substantial portion of the content in Warlords, Order Hall missions are probably more like 3% of Legion.
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.

And to everyone who is claiming that mission tables purely give you quests only:
    but they already said gear wont be a reward, you might get a quest to kill said target in dungeon/raid and then you get a piece but thats it, and I don't mind. I doubt they will turn it into the gold farm people are doing with the WoD missions, and if cosmetics/mounts/etc are rewards for this then I wont care about that either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Who the hell let children out that have utterly no concept of the outside world beyond their mommy and daddy's walls?

Never thought that in all of my lifetime people would argue with me about whether or not companies exist to make profit and that over time, they inevitably tend to forgo quality(or quantity) for greater profit.

I mean if you're having your mind blown by this revelation JUST NOW - goddamn you've lived a sheltered life.
    It honestly seems like you are the one living out of your moms basement

Untill it's officially not garrison 2.0, it is. Blizzard is nothing but words until that garbage really is changed in game and locked in for launch.

Otherwise, Ive got no love for anything even remotely similar to garrisons, followers and the mission table.

Quote Originally Posted by caboosefanatic View Post
    but they already said gear wont be a reward, you might get a quest to kill said target in dungeon/raid and then you get a piece but thats it, and I don't mind. I doubt they will turn it into the gold farm people are doing with the WoD missions, and if cosmetics/mounts/etc are rewards for this then I wont care about that either.
    They do give you raid gear, you just have extra quest you need to do.

They do give you raid gear, you just have extra quest you need to do.
    i know that, getting a quest to get said raid/dungeon for a piece of gear =/= follower mission gives you gear

Quote Originally Posted by caboosefanatic View Post
    i know that, getting a quest to get said raid/dungeon for a piece of gear =/= follower mission gives you gear
    I don't think he said you have to do dungeons or raids to complete it (can't remember exactly though)

I don't think he said you have to do dungeons or raids to complete it (can't remember exactly though)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...28?page=10#195

last big paragraph

If you get a "raid mission," it won't give you a piece of raid loot directly; it will give you a quest to kill a specific boss in that zone, in exchange for a bonus piece of loot.

Quote Originally Posted by sololux View Post
    Just a bunch more bullshit. Stop reassuring us that we want something we don't want. Jesus Christ! Fuck these garrison-esque missions and give us missions that we actually go do ourselves! Like with our own character! Like we have to mash the buttons and do the movements! Dropping a square into another square and pressing go is not fun! How hard is this that he has to keep making posts to justify this stupidity!
    That's what the class order hall campaigns are, you autist. You literally go out and do the quests yourself.

I'm going to be a bit controversial here and say that I like the WoD version of the mission table. It's a 'fire and forget' thing that has no real impact on the rest of the game. At least after you finish the ring parts. Once that's done it's just an easy way of getting gold and other various resources. You don't need it for progression but it can help speed things up.

The Legion version of the mission table might only be 3% of the game eventually but it's starting to feel like it restricts your freedom. You need to wait a long time for the missions to finish before you can follow up with your character for the actual rewards. You want to go do X? You need to wait a day for the mission to finish first before you can actually do it. I don't like that feeling much

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of crying about a table that you click and thenspend 3 seconds preloading is ridiculous. I do 9 garrisons in about 4 minutes.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

This is garrisons 2.0.

The whole idea behind Legion is a different paint job to justify the ideas players rejected in WoD (pruning, garrisons).

The human mind is capable of seeing past the entire illusions when one part of the illusion fails.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Not all aspects of the game are intended to appeal to all players
    Yes different people like different things. Don't like pet battles? Don't do them. Don't like mission tables? Too bad. Everything is locked behind them.