Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    The silence indicates they don't know when flight will be released, either because they don't have plans or they think their plans might change.
    Let me guess you are the same camp that believes they fully intended to have flight in WoD?

No flight in WoD was the plan from the beginning anyone that believes otherwise is naive.

What if they do announce flight for 7.1, then decide to either pull forward some raid content or delay the content needed for Pathfinder? Suddenly flight is being unlocked in 7.2 and the tears and accusations will flow all over again.
    Would be about the same as they jerked us around in WoD. So yah people should be pissed.

Blizzards behavior is acceptable for a buy in beta on Steam, not a game you have to purchase and still pay a monthly fee.

No matter your stance as a player base we should tell them how they handled this is unacceptable .. cause as of this moment they are handling no different in WoD.

When will flight be available?

Blizzards answer is silence aka "we don't know"
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoxyBlue View Post
    Oh no , but there is a large segment that want flying off the bat or no dice.
    Flying off the bat means flying at 110.
    over 200 pages maybe 2 people wanted flying even before your artifact weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Let me guess you are the same camp that believes they fully intended to have flight in WoD?

No flight in WoD was the plan from the beginning anyone that believes otherwise is naive.
    Let me guess, you're someone who would rather believe conspiracy theories of angry forum goers than whatever Blizzard actually say?

Would be about the same as they jerked us around in WoD. So yah people should be pissed.

Blizzards behavior is acceptable for a buy in beta on Steam, not a game you have to purchase and still pay a monthly fee.

No matter your stance as a player base we should tell them how they handled this is unacceptable .. cause as of this moment they are handling no different in WoD.
    It's because people feel "jerked around" that Blizzard have decided not to discuss their plans until they're pretty sure they have something concrete to say. The fan-base can't handle speculation from Blizz, so we don't get to hear their long to mid-term ideas any more.

When will flight be available?

Blizzards answer is silence aka "we don't know"
    Yes, that was my original point. Anything but silence could lead to the usual complaints of "broken promises."

The silence indicates they don't know when flight will be released, either because they don't have plans or they think their plans might change..
    NO ONE could possibly be stupid enough to actually believe that, after the way they handled flgiht and, well, pretty much everything else in Wod.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exploration, Loremaster and a reasonable amount of treasures are okay.

Rep factions as a requirement is imho over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Connll View Post
    NO ONE could possibly be stupid enough to actually believe that, after the way they handled flgiht and, well, pretty much everything else in Wod.
    They flip-flopped on flying twice during WoD, it seems pretty clear that Blizz's's plans change during the course of an expansion. Or do you have some theory about them deliberately lying because reasons?

It's because people feel "jerked around" that Blizzard have decided not to discuss their plans until they're pretty sure they have something concrete to say. The fan-base can't handle speculation from Blizz, so we don't get to hear their long to mid-term ideas any more.

Yes, that was my original point. Anything but silence could lead to the usual complaints of "broken promises."
    The problem I have with the stonewall approach to flying is that Blizzard seems perfectly willing to spam and spew half-finished features into the alpha for everything else, like the Garrison/Order Hall missions, and tell people that they're "only seeing part of the feature out of context because it's not done and it's alpha".

Meanwhile we've seen NOTHING new about flight or flying. No pieces of it. No hints of what flying will entail or how it will be implemented other than some vague garbage about an achievement. The fact is that we're this close to launch(4-5 months) and there hasn't been ANY info on a feature that has ramifications for the entire open world of the expansion. Don't you find that a little troubling? If Blizzard doesn't know what their plans are for flight at this stage, then that's a pretty serious problem of the same magnitude of what caused them so much trouble in WoD.

The closer we get to launch, the more thin the defense of "Blizzard doesn't know" or "Blizzard's plans change" gets. You just don't leave a decision with such potential for disaster to the last minute, especially after it's already blown up in your face once.

So....it's FAR more likely that Blizzard knows exactly what their plan for flight is. What about testing? What about feedback? Again, the closer we get to launch without any info, the more likely it becomes that Blizzard is going to wait until after they get enough sales to reveal anything. And that's pretty underhanded, just like what they did with WoD.

I know we've been over this before, but they really should announce their plans, and actually STICK TO IT instead of trying to obfuscate or spin the situation. They need to shit or get off the pot.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-04-13 at 07:34 PM.

Isn't part of playing a game learning to succeed within a particular amount of restraints? It doesn't matter whether flying exists or not. Is the iteration they deliver to us fun? Do they offer relevant content? Do they design the world well considering the modes of transportation?
    Concerning the flying itself, My opinion is that they lack the means of offering sufficient challenge to characters who fly. Ground mobs ignore flying players. There are few mechanics to pull players from the air should they get too close to the enemies. There is simply not enough danger in the air. Fix that and I'll support flying.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgemesh View Post
    Isn't part of playing a game learning to succeed within a particular amount of restraints? It doesn't matter whether flying exists or not. Is the iteration they deliver to us fun? Do they offer relevant content? Do they design the world well considering the modes of transportation?
    Concerning the flying itself, My opinion is that they lack the means of offering sufficient challenge to characters who fly. Ground mobs ignore flying players. There are few mechanics to pull players from the air should they get too close to the enemies. There is simply not enough danger in the air. Fix that and I'll support flying.
    Exactly. And have we seen anything like that from ANY monsters in the alpha? Have we seen ANYTHING in the current build that suggests flight is going to be part of the open world instead of just an after thought?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    The problem I have with the stonewall approach to flying is that Blizzard seems perfectly willing to spam and spew half-finished features into the alpha for everything else, like the Garrison/Order Hall missions, and tell people that they're "only seeing part of the feature out of context because it's not done and it's alpha".

Meanwhile we've seen NOTHING about flight or flying. No pieces of it. No hints of what flying will entail or how it will be implemented. The fact is that we're this close to launch(4-5 months) and there hasn't been ANY info on a feature that has ramifications for the entire open world of the expansion. Don't you find that a little troubling? If Blizzard doesn't know what their plans are for flight at this stage, then that's a pretty serious problem of the same magnitude of what caused them so much trouble in WoD.

The closer we get to launch, the more thin the defense of "Blizzard doesn't know" or "Blizzard's plans change" gets. You just don't leave a decision with such potential for disaster to the last minute, especially after it's already blown up in your face once.

So....it's FAR more likely that Blizzard knows exactly what their plan for flight is.
    Like I said, earning the flying achievement is probably reliant on world content being introduced. The way that Blizz work (slowly) means they might not yet be sure when that world content will come. If the zone is delayed or they feel the need to bring forward some raid content any announcement of Patch 7.X might turn out to be Patch 7.X+1.

They flip-flopped on flying twice during WoD, it seems pretty clear that Blizz's's plans change during the course of an expansion. Or do you have some theory about them deliberately lying because reasons?
    Yea, they just "changed their minds"! They didn't make any effort to mislead players going into WoD about flight >.>

They already brought the garrison table back, despite saying it would be totally different, why would anyone believe them about flying?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Exactly. And have we seen anything like that from ANY monsters in the alpha? Have we seen ANYTHING in the current build that suggests flight is going to be part of the open world instead of just an after thought?
    I'm not sure if you're questioning me or adding to my questions. Assuming the second. I quite like the idea of having achievements that allow flying in certain zones...say after you've trivialized the zone content. If they added new, more difficult areas as they add further content patches, then put a no-fly bubble over those areas of the zones.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Just get the Aviana's Feather equivalent in legion.

They DID mislead us A LOT for WoD. And now are doing mostly the same. So there it is.

Also, while YOU might thinking misleading and lying are different Things, I don´t. For the practical result is the same.

They DID mislead us A LOT for WoD. And now are doing mostly the same. So there it is.

Also, while YOU might thinking misleading and lying are different Things, I don´t. For the practical result is the same.
    I don't think Blizzard misled us intentionally, I do think they discussed their plans that were subject to change and people who take every word from them as a cast-iron promises were misled by that. This is why Blizz are being a lot more hush-hush over what they intend to do, which is why some people are disappointed that they're not discussing their current plans with regards to flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgemesh View Post
    I'm not sure if you're questioning me or adding to my questions. Assuming the second. I quite like the idea of having achievements that allow flying in certain zones...say after you've trivialized the zone content. If they added new, more difficult areas as they add further content patches, then put a no-fly bubble over those areas of the zones.
    Sorry, yes, I was adding to your question.

I personally don't like the idea of only getting to fly in trivialized content. I am, and have always been, a proponent of integrating flight into current content.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think Blizzard misled us intentionally, I do think they discussed their plans that were subject to change and people who take every word from them as a cast-iron promises were misled by that. This is why Blizz are being a lot more hush-hush over what they intend to do, which is why some people are disappointed that they're not discussing their current plans with regards to flight.
    Blizzard described a pretty clear indication of what they wanted to with flying, and WoD overall, in the months leading up to launch. Then after launch and in the months following, they pretty much failed to live up to the hype THEY PROMOTED.

This isn't about reading too much into what Blizzard said. This is 100% about Blizzard selling us on an idea, then not delivering.

I don't think Blizzard misled us intentionally
    If you think so, then I got a bridge to sell to you...

If you think so, then I got a bridge to sell to you...
    I don't want to buy a bridge.

I don't want to buy a bridge.
    Then you should not want to buy the WoW´s devs excuses, hype and lies, either.

Then you should not want to buy the WoW´s devs excuses, hype and lies, either.
    I don't buy their excuses, hype and lies. I buy their games and pay a monthly sub when I want to play them.