Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    No its not :/ Leveling is a chore in vanilla not something fun. The whole adventure part that people keep talking about. Its just a whole lot of fucking walking around in really bad graphics :P
    Your opinion. The exact opposite of mine - save for the graphics, but the tradeoff is more than worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Derpling View Post
    Removing those things would cost them a lot more subs than keeping them will. Contrary to the vocal minority's belief, people like convenience, and removing them won't magically cause bustling server communities to spring up out of the ground.
    Only because they kept the people who revel in convenience and drove away the others.
    They would have kept more sub if they hadn't implemented all this handholding. But I agree that NOW that their playerbase has been filtered by this convenience, and the veterans who left are now highly wary about Blizzard, Blizzard would first loses lots of sub if it went back to a good design long before it could convince people it's a real change of heart and they can actually come back.

Basically, they dug their own grave. Hard to have sympathy for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatoss View Post
    I'll take that over spending 2 hours to try to find a group for a dungeon
    Well, maybe you were some kind of anti-social pariah people avoided, 'cause even when playing my enhancement shaman or my fury warrior in the dead of TBC, I never had to wait that long.
    News at 11 : anti-social people like anti-social features and don't like social games.

Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    You are calling the team lead for Vanilla and a senior ranking member of the teams that created Diablo 2 and Starcraft "stupid". I hope you have a portfolio that's better than that before trying to roast him.
    I appreciate what he did 10 years ago, but what he is implying now is absolute garbage. Not the idea of providing legacy servers as a service, but rather the redicolous idea of using a) a private server emulator (that Nostralius didn't even create to begin with, they used an open source core) and b) to hire the people that operated this private server on an illegal basis - people that didn't even contributed their fixes and changes to the core back to the original source. Not to mention that every scriptkiddy can set up a public vanilla server nowadays. It's just a question of how much players your server can handle.

He doesn't even know what he is talking about, he is out of touch. I mean did he really just imply that Blizzard lost the original source code? They use version control so he should know that this cannot happen. The issue is rather to integrate the legacy platform into the current Battle.net account and online infrastructure.
    Last edited by megasus; 2016-04-16 at 09:47 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz View Post

Can you $pot it?
    I know it but I don't think I should say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatoss View Post
    Because (most) people don't spend their entire days sitting on the game anymore and there are hundreds of reasons why they don't.
    Yeah yeah, somehow people "grew" and "got responsabilities" and "are burned out". Like if every WoW player was a teenager when he started to play
    Also funny how this "burnout" coincidentally started to happen right when the design decision changed. Yeah yeah, correlation != causation. Still more likely than have all these supposed other factors all start to kick in precisely at the same time...

Quote Originally Posted by megasus View Post
    I appreciate what he did 10 years ago, but what he is implying now is absolute garbage. Not the idea of providing legacy servers as a service, but rather the redicolous idea of using a) a private server emulator (that Nostralius didn't even create to begin with, they used an open source core) and b) to hire the people that operated this private server on an illegal basis - people that didn't even contributed their fixes and changes to the core back to the original source. Not to mention that every scriptkiddy can set up a public vanilla server nowadays. It's just a question of how much players your server can handle.

He doesn't even know what he is talking about, he is out of touch. I mean did he really just imply that Blizzard lost the original source code? They use version control so he should know that this cannot happen. The issue is rather to integrate the legacy platform into the current Battle.net account and online infrastructure.
    Yet that's what Valve have been doing for the past 18 years - hiring modders to develop other games for them. The guy isn't out of touch at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Owlkinn View Post
    Nice work by Blizzard!

All P-Servers should be closed asap.
    Frankly.. it was not just another p-server as they didn't make profit from it.. it was about the community of people who used to love old good days, I know there will be haters and say "another nostalgic lame'o".. Well that's because most of this community started playing WoW in much later days, so they don't know any better..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    48 years old?
    jewish ... LOL

Yet that's what Valve have been doing for the past 18 years - hiring modders to develop other games for them. The guy isn't out of touch at all.
    Just taking a quote from reddit:
    I'd just like to note that Mark Kern was removed from Red 5 studios because he had a terrible tendency to just do things spontaneously based on what the community wanted at that very instant rather than having any real thought in what direction he wanted his game or company to go.

Out of anyone I'd point to and go "yeah, this guy gets it!" this is absolutely one of the last guys I'd put any weight behind.
    Source

Additional info on his removal as CEO.
    Last edited by megasus; 2016-04-16 at 09:59 AM.

Just taking a quote from reddit:

Source
    Just wanted to point out that Jay Wilson is part of the WoW dev team

Just wanted to point out that Jay Wilson is part of the WoW dev team
    I know, but we are sure as hell blessed that Kern is not

I know, but we are sure as hell blessed that Kern is not
    Yeah 'cuz Vanilla, Diablo 2 and Starcraft sucked. If you want to point fingers at knee-jerk reactions than point them at Cleavecrawler.

Deleted
    Let it gooo let it gooooo

He is the guy who failed so hard he was fired from his own company. Just look at this guy's twitter history - he is doing it for attention.
    There is really nothing more to discuss about him. He worked on great games in the past but so did hundreds of other people.
    But go ahead and bow down before him.

He is the guy who failed so hard he was fired from his own company. Just look at this guy's twitter history - he is doing it for attention.
    There is really nothing more to discuss about him. He worked on great games in the past but so did hundreds of other people.
    But go ahead and bow down before him.
    If you can't separate the message from the person then I can't help you.

Hey let him champion your cause if you want. I think you might end up regretting it later.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Hey let him champion your cause if you want. I think you might end up regretting it later.
    "Champion your cause". My how pretentious this sounds. It almost makes the "You think you want to but you don't" meme bearable.

Deleted
    I just think, this whole situation shows that there is quite a huge community who appreciate oldschool WoW... So now they shut down this server.. sure what they did was not legit, yet from ethical perspective they were not really making profits from this whole thing.. but the real question is why Blizzard don't notice the demand of fellow WoW players who are eager to rather play oldschool content and would enjoy it instead of pushing this "let's milk the s**t of this cow" crap. Speaking from business perspective.. here is a crazy suggestion, how about making your own official/legit servers with old content? Because this is how successful business works.. there is a problem/demand, you fulfill it with solution and make a profit out of it, everyone is happy.. take runescape as an example, developers made a smart move by releasing official oldschool runescape version, what happened? More and more people come up playing it and it makes quite a huge splash in their own market. I guess they just have really rusty mindset by not seeing all this..
    Last edited by mmoc2a04406428; 2016-04-16 at 10:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems to be something a lot of people have a hard time to do. "I dislike this person, thus whatever he says must be wrong". This falacy was done often with TB when he was more on the front and is now wider than ever.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by trigshady View Post
    I just think, this whole situation shows that there is quite a huge community who appreciate oldschool WoW... So now they shut down this server.. sure what they did was not legit, yet from ethical perspective they were not really making profits from this whole thing.. but the real question is why Blizzard don't notice the demand of fellow WoW players who are eager to rather play oldschool content and would enjoy it instead of pushing this "let's milk the s**t of this cow" crap. Speaking from business perspective.. here is a crazy suggestion, how about making your own official/legit servers with old content? Because this is how successful business works.. there is a problem/demand, you fulfill it with solution and make a profit out of it, everyone is happy.. take runescape as an example, developers made a smart move by releasing official oldschool runescape version, what happened? More and more people come up playing it and it makes quite a huge splash in their own market. I guess they just have really rusty mindset by not seeing all this..

They notice there is a demand but it does not seem like there is enough of that demand to make it worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    It seems to be something a lot of people have a hard time to do. "I dislike this person, thus whatever he says must be wrong". This falacy was done often with TB when he was more on the front and is now wider than ever.
    Oh man, I remember when TB used to post on the General forums. Everything he wrote was followed by massive flaming and insulting. He wasn't always correct in his opinions and I would be a liar if I said that I liked him but when he was right about something he was always spot on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post

They notice there is a demand but it does not seem like there is enough of that demand to make it worth it.
    "Do not believe in anything until it has been officially denied."

Otto von Bismarck