Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    So... what was the original "date"? September 21st 2016? or was it just "September 2016"? I can't even remember now. But I guess if there's one way to get it out before "September 2016" it's to release it 2 days before Spetember starts.:P
    The original deadline they announced was 21st of September, which is the end of 3rd fiscal quarter.

But really, 30th of Aug isn't much better and just barely matched the promised summer release they sold to us when preorders began.

I think people forget that most people who don't overanalyze things assumed it would launch September 21. I know my 1 guildie who is online was shocked it's releasing "this early".
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

30.August. Really? That means another 3 1/2 months before prepatch. So fucking disappointing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    The original deadline they announced was 21st of September, which is the end of 3rd fiscal quarter.

But really, 30th of Aug isn't much better and just barely matched the promised summer release they sold to us when preorders began.
    The deadline 21st of September because that is the end of summer, so August 30th is still well within the summer 2016 window

Deleted
    Im just glad we now have a date to mark in our calenders. I've waited long enough, I can wait a little over 3 months, it'll fly by.

Duncan Jones tweeted we would get some news on the 19th regarding Warcraft, which I thought would be a new movie trailer or something, unless this was it instead, unless we getting a new trailer as well as dis news doe, GET HYYYYYYYPE.
    i still have a bit of salt from that BS Tweeter post from the death jesters guy, so i was pretty pessimistic and all "oh god not another one" about it. But i'd be hype with another trailer too.

Except.. August is summer. Lol. I mean we can debate technicalities, such as what each person considers to be "summer", but August 30th is still summer.

Well, everyone was off base with this one. Kudos to those thinking it'd be released in July. Even I had a bit of hope it would, but unfortunately not.

Glad we have a date though so we stop getting those bullshit "LEGION WON'T BE DONE IN TIME" thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Im just glad we now have a date to mark in our calenders. I've waited long enough, I can wait a little over 3 months, it'll fly by.
    Literally my exact sentiments. I could care less when it releases, but I'm excited for when it releases. Looking forward to getting back into WoW for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullfu View Post
    14 months of 6.2 then. LOL.
    Yeeeeah, I'm insanely happy that the release date isn't actually september, but I doubt they are ever going to fix the drought between expansions, like ever.

The drought that happens between expansions has been happening for a long time, it was like 1 year and 3-4 months of SoO, and now 14 months of HFC, and I believe cata had 16-17 months of DS (can't remember). The only way to get past a content drought is if they produce a patch that has relevance while waiting for the next expac. That's the only way I could see us dodging a 14 month wait time, possibly reducing it to half of that if we had a patch during the drought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    I think people forget that most people who don't overanalyze things assumed it would launch September 21. I know my 1 guildie who is online was shocked it's releasing "this early".
    I never really believed it would launch that late. I figured it MIGHT of came in June(Not cause of the movie). July probably. August well it is what it is.

Means more time to give feedback so that gives me hope.

It'll be a pain in the ass to wait that long but meh.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Add it to the list...another utter failure of development. It's almost like they want this game to die.

Glad we have a release date, but isn't this going to fuck with the new people joining when the movie comes out? They get a new game, play for a or less month, only to have the class they are just starting to get the hang of changed on them. Unless they plan on having the class changes come out alongside the movie, it seems like a good way to piss off the new guys. Just my opinion of course lol.

Deleted
    Also I've put off maxing my alts for too long, time to SMASH IT YA GET ME YA BOOIIIIIII RECANIIIIIIZE!

Quote Originally Posted by Kjanaprik View Post
    Uni starts week 34
    Legion starts week 35

Rip first few weeks of school
    What in the hell. In the UK I won't start up again until the end of September.

LOLMAO people thought that it was going to be released before august

There's two major definitions of summer: The astronomical one that begins with the solstice (21 June-21 September) and the meteorological one (June 1-August 31).

Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    Glad we have a release date, but isn't this going to fuck with the new people joining when the movie comes out? They get a new game, play for a or less month, only to have the class they are just starting to get the hang of changed on them. Unless they plan on having the class changes come out alongside the movie, it seems like a good way to piss off the new guys. Just my opinion of course lol.
    The Pre Patch for all we know could be around 2~ months long. The build up with Cataclysm's pre-patch was pretty long if I remember correctly. Could have the invasions begin about 2 months prior, then Broken Shore happen the month before, then DH release, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullfu View Post
    14 months of 6.2 then. LOL.
    You don't have to play WoW, you know that right? You can just unsubscribe and do something else while you wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Except.. August is summer. Lol. I mean we can debate technicalities, such as what each person considers to be "summer", but August 30th is still summer.
    Well two days later it will be September. Not much actual summer left on the 30th of Aug.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandork View Post
    You don't have to play WoW, you know that right? You can just unsubscribe and do something else while you wait.
    I think the point is more-so people every expansion expect releases to be quicker, but they're not.

However, I blame this one on the fact WoD had only 2 major patches. If they had had one more raid that released, I dunno, end of 2015, it'd be an entirely other story, but they didn't, and here we are debating semantics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, totally didn't expect the release date to just drop out of nowhere like that. I'll be honest, I'm both a little disappointed and surprised at the same time but I'm glad that Blizzard finally revealed the date.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting