Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm sure someone will find failed logic is my statements...here it goes. Every expansion there's always naysayers saying, "this expansion is the worst" yet after an expansion or two the same people will say how much they love the same expansion! There's no doubt WoD had it's flaws with lack of content, would we ever be able to have our flying mounts soar the skies again, and having the longest duration of time at the final raid tier before the next expansion. With all of that and more I still defend Blizzard because they have their legitimate reasons the WoW team was spread thin doing other projects. They obviously realize this now, but it's of course too late!
    You have Titan going cold and being cancelled which put a damper on everyone, Blizzard employees retiring, moving employees to the Overwatch team, and among other projects some important employees were helping with the Warcraft movie direction/story telling.

With Legion releasing in a few months and other projects out of the way, it's all hands on deck since everything else is partially off the table and that ship will not set sail for fail from the lessons learned. The sweet thing about Blizzard is that they have other games that I enjoy playing too and common...BlizzCon with friends I've meet playing those games!?! Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    And that's where you lost me.

Legion seems to be their best product so far. In almost every angle.
    I've already heard it somewhere... Yeah! Prior to WOD release everybody was telling me, that WOD - is best Blizzards' product so far. In almost every angle. Blizzard hate, when players use negative hyperbole, but it seems, that there is nothing wrong with positive hyperbole from their standpoint, which is pure hypocrisy.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Be a responsible customer. Vote with your money. Do not pay and wait for a sudden enlightenment of game designers' minds. Because when you do, they feel entitled and we get phrases like "you think you do but you don't" and so on.
    Yet if you actually enjoy a glorified subscription-based social network which requires 30Gb of client software, well, good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mentaldemise View Post
    So my question is, with overwhelming evidence that the game is in a brutal decline, why do people still go out of their way to defend Blizzard and the current product?
    Because I honestly still enjoy playing from time to time and don't feel the product is bad. Sure, it's seen better times, but that doesn't mean it's awful and not worth playing and enjoying.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    I've already heard it somewhere... Yeah! Prior to WOD release everybody was telling me, that WOD - is best Blizzards' product so far. In almost every angle. Blizzard hate, when players use negative hyperbole, but it seems, that there is nothing wrong with positive hyperbole from their standpoint, which is pure hypocrisy.
    Maybe, and just stay with me here, it's because a lot of people still enjoy playing the game? I mean, it's evident to me that you came here to feel validated in your dislike. Maybe, just maybe, other people have a different opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Honestly WoD wasn't as bad as the internet makes it seem. The story was laughable and the content was light, but it wasn't the equivalent to a groin punch like some of the hyperbole considers it. It's cool if you dislike it, because that's totally allowed, but I think they still put out a pretty decent expansion alltold. Just wish it hasn't lasted as long as it has. That's probably my biggest complaint, really.

Quote Originally Posted by DrBaldhead View Post
    Be a responsible customer. Vote with your money. Do not pay and wait for a sudden enlightenment of game designers' minds. Because when you do, they feel entitled and we get phrases like "you think you do but you don't" and so on.
    Yet if you actually enjoy a glorified subscription-based social network which requires 30Gb of client software, well, good for you.
    I do vote with my money. I've bought every expansion, and will continue doing so because I've gotten more than my money's worth every single time. I don't understand the need to insult and try to degrade other people that like something you don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Maybe, and just stay with me here, it's because a lot of people still enjoy playing the game? I mean, it's evident to me that you came here to feel validated in your dislike. Maybe, just maybe, other people have a different opinion.
    Peoples opinion differs from my own?! Surely you jest, my opinion is known as the hardwired fact that holds society together, it is one of the fundemental pillars upon what the universe and all things within have been built upon! BLASPHEMY!

Quote Originally Posted by theArcaneBagel View Post
    Because I still enjoy it. That's it. I like the game and the direction it's going because it fits my playstyle. Call me a filthy casual, or a newb (although I've played since late Vanilla), but I still enjoy the game. I don't need to explain why, I just do. I defend Blizzard because, again, I like the way the game is progressing. That's my opinion, and that's all that matters to me.
    Pretty much this, and because convincing all my friends to try start all over again, and another game that probably won't have better raiding is worse than garrisons. (and I say this being a person who LOATHES garrisons)

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with legion isn't lack of quality, its lack of quantity. I thoroughly enjoyed what was there while it lasted. I'm also a fan of other blizzard games, more so than any other company. I will continue to support them as long as they make products I enjoy.

I started playing a few months after vanilla launched and have been subbed since and I still enjoy the game today as much as then. Not only am I a Blizzard fan I always will be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucidprodigy View Post
    I'm sure someone will find failed logic is my statements...here it goes. Every expansion there's always naysayers saying, "this expansion is the worst" yet after an expansion or two the same people will say how much they love the same expansion! There's no doubt WoD had it's flaws with lack of content, would we ever be able to have our flying mounts soar the skies again, and having the longest duration of time at the final raid tier before the next expansion. With all of that and more I still defend Blizzard because they have their legitimate reasons the WoW team was spread thin doing other projects. They obviously realize this now, but it's of course too late!
    You have Titan going cold and being cancelled which put a damper on everyone, Blizzard employees retiring, moving employees to the Overwatch team, and among other projects some important employees were helping with the Warcraft movie direction/story telling.

With Legion releasing in a few months and other projects out of the way, it's all hands on deck since everything else is partially off the table and that ship will not set sail for fail from the lessons learned. The sweet thing about Blizzard is that they have other games that I enjoy playing too and common...BlizzCon with friends I've meet playing those games!?! Yes please.
    I agree with the "people say this expansion is the worst after every expansion" part. But the problem here is that people have been saying it about this expansion for some time. usually its just because the end patch drags on.

Also i give you cataclysm, a still pretty much universally hated expansion.

I also think that for once MOST people and not just a vocal minority agree that the expansion is bad, but i have no numbers for that. Basicly the sub drops doesnt have to be about it being a bad expansion. Most games gets less and less players as times go on. Its a natural decline especially after the massive increase in subs we saw in WoD where people basically was expecting a completely different game then what they got for some reason

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pakmanisgod View Post
    The problem with legion isn't lack of quality, its lack of quantity. I thoroughly enjoyed what was there while it lasted. I'm also a fan of other blizzard games, more so than any other company. I will continue to support them as long as they make products I enjoy.
    Legion isnt here yet bro

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    I do vote with my money. I've bought every expansion, and will continue doing so because I've gotten more than my money's worth every single time. I don't understand the need to insult and try to degrade other people that like something you don't.
    Again, good for you

Most of the time I hear people say that $15 dollars a month isn't bad since they enjoy the game despite clearly being ripped off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    Most of the time I hear people say that $15 dollars a month isn't bad since they enjoy the game despite clearly being ripped off.
    I think you misunderstand what being ripped off means

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So my question is, with overwhelming evidence that the game is in a brutal decline, why do people still go out of their way to defend Blizzard and the current product?
    A few things.
    One, that picture depicts one who is dying in the middle of a fire. Players are not literally being harmed while defending a game they enjoy.
    Two, it's an MMO composed of self-contained communities as well as more open, matchmaking-centric ones. For example, small guilds of very close-knit friends have persisted through less-than-stellar content offerings on Blizzard's part. They're not affected by outside influences, forums, news articles, etc. In other words, some players thrive here regardless of what others think and say about the game, because *their* standards are being met.
    And I'm not here to defend Blizzard. They're big boys and girls; they can take care of themselves. But I do try to clear the air and make points clear in my posts and videos.
    Besides, many of the arguments critics make here are laughably flawed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mhdoe View Post
    I started playing a few months after vanilla launched and have been subbed since and I still enjoy the game today as much as then. Not only am I a Blizzard fan I always will be.
    I don't quite understand the negative connotation behind "fanboy" either. It's there in sports teams. Fans stick to their team during their ups and downs. It's emotional. It's kind of religious. And it's okay.
    But with games, it's fanboy?

WoW is doing so poorly that blizzard decided not to publish sub numbers anymore, they've lost about 60% of the player base(more by now) over the course of wod, according to these people though WoW is just fine.

I totally agree with the OP, there are facts out there proving that things are indeed not fine. So why keep lying to yourself like that, what do you hope to accomplish by lying to yourself?

I'm a big wow fan, and i'll probably play it till blizzard shuts the servers down, but i can't deny facts, i don't see how snyone can...

Before this gets insta locked or i get reported again or banned, this is not a troll thread or me starting a flame war, i genuinely wan't to try and understand this.

The past xpac has universally been panned as their worse, massive drops in subs, gutting of the game mechanics, removing a lot of skills and class identities, going into the legion it doesn't look much better with class halls(Garrison 2.0) and the general oversimplified feel of the game, even as someone who has bought every xpac at launch who has been pissed off at the company for a long time, i feel no inclination to buy legion.

I usually see the usual "You're just bored of the game" or "X people like Y because of Z" but it really seems like there's very little going forward for WoW at the moment but a lot of loyal people to the company(Don't know why you're loyal to a company) Seem to act and speak like absolutely nothings wrong, everythings going as planned and we're somehow wrong? I just want to try and understand this mentality because at the moment the current active wow community reminds me of this picture.
    God forbid anyone like things you hate. Just because some people aren't going into hysterics over every little minor thing or shitposting all over these forums and the official forums doesn't mean they are fanboys. They are as entitled to their opinion as you are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I rarely see people say nothing is wrong with wow. I also rarely see valid criticism of wow. So then someone like myself gets called a fanboy because I wont say that everything that WoD did was the worst ever. I am also optimistic about Legion, and if for some reason I don't like it I'll stop playing, like a have before.
    Most of the haters here have practically turned their fanatical hate of Blizzard into some sort of religious crusade and yet have the gall to refer to others as "stockholm syndrome victims" of Wow simply because they disagree with them. If anyone are fanboys it is the vitriolic haters who can't seem to let go of the game no matter what.

I defend what I think is worth defending, and I criticise what I think is worth criticising.

It's amusing, because up until 5.3 I actually thought I might be more of a fanboy than just a fan. However, 5.3 brought me the closest to unsubbing I'd ever been, the Timeless Isle was a MASSIVE disappointment, and while WoD's leveling was great the end game was laughably poor. Plus I'm still sore about dailies and the way factions were treated in WoD.

The story? I enjoy it, so I defend it as something that can be enjoyed. Certainly WoD's storyTELLING was poor compared to MoP's, but the story itself was mostly fine (apart from the random resolution).

The game as a whole? Still enjoy it, and as far as I'm concerned the more accessible the better; I think they should cater to multiple types of audiences like in MoP/Hopefully Legion, rather than just one set of players as in WoD.

And yes, as Xanzul said; it's quite possible to be a fan and like the overall game or find it enjoyable without being a 'fanboy' or blindly defending things. To suggest otherwise is incredibly arrogant and somewhat hypocritical, as you come across as thinking your opinion is fact while professing confusion and bewilderment than other people seem to think their opinions are fact.
    Last edited by Soeroah; 2016-04-23 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    You rarely see valid criticism of WoW? Wut. You can't be serious?
    Spamming passive aggressive memes of anything and everything Blizzard developers say is hardly valid criticism.

Case in point: the OP's claims that order halls are "garrisions 2.0" in spite of everything Blizzard developers have said about how order halls will work not to mention all the actual people in the Legion alpha saying they are not "garrisons 2.0"
    Last edited by xanzul; 2016-04-23 at 07:35 AM.