Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    no you're assuming it was aim at the petition, guess what, not every thing blizzard people say is an hidden msg about legacy/petition... And even if it was.. printing it on 11k sheet is pretty retarded and a giant waste of time/money.
    That's exactly my thought. I don't know how anything stated was relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Your Imouto View Post
    Blizzard responds to 200k+ person petition being delivered to them:

https://twitter.com/Frank_Pearce/sta...37366523867136

Basically some smug comment about how they're just going to throw it away and don't really care. This is becoming ridiculous. Is this really how they treat fans of their game? Real professional. As this continues to go on they just seem to becoming more and more assholes in response to this.
    I wouldn't go as far as to suggest that's what the comment is saying
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Sure I do, We're discussing Vanilla servers for a version of WoW which is already complete and has been complete for 10 years, This isn't a new game in the making.
    Who said anything about developing a new game?

Doesn't work like that, WoW Vanilla is already complete and has been complete for 10 years we players simply want to play it again, Just look at all the re-releases of older games on newer hardware nowadays.
    Except WoW has been modified over years and years of bug fixes, content patches and expansions.

I wouldn't go as far as to suggest that's what the comment is saying
    Look at the responses to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

Except WoW has been modified over years and years of bug fixes, content patches and expansions.
    You are implying it.

Then you your last sentence contradicts your view more, because it already all exists.

Listen: We. Are. Not. Discussing. Firefall.

We're discussing World of Warcraft Vanilla, Get it? Stop suggesting Firefall has any impact on World of Warcraft, Let alone a version of WoW which has been content complete for 10 years, It's hilarious.
    Actually, you guys are talking about multiple things, 1 of which is his reputation. As he stated, you can not pick and choose what represents him as a whole. His whole criteria of work is where his reputation comes from. What some people in his defense are doing is essentially stating things like: well WW2 Germany gave us jets...oh, all those people killed, that doesn't matter. Maybe an extreme analogy, but it is the type of stance people are taking. You may be talking about vanilla WoW and his reputation from that game, but also as previously stated, bringing up his reputation opens the door for others to point out where he's failed.

If he were making a new game then sure his recent career would have some bearing, It does not however have any bearing on WoW Vanilla and it's success, Or are you trying to imply that Firefall = WoW?

Seriously? are you reading what you're writing? SERIOUSLY? Let me say this clearly

We. Are. After. Vanilla. WoW.

Goddamn it's like talking to my niece
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    Yeah.

You mean the people angry that he didn't say "CLASSIC SERVER INCOMING!"? I want these server and don't see that implied anyone in HIS response. Matter of fact, it could of more been taken as they see the petition and hope that a ton of pages really aren't being printed. Hell, it could even be more implied that they do notice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Actually, you guys are talking about multiple things, 1 of which is his reputation. As he stated, you can not pick and choose what represents him as a whole. His whole criteria of work is where his reputation comes from. What some people in his defense are doing is essentially stating things like: well WW2 Germany gave us jets...oh, all those people killed, that doesn't matter. Maybe an extreme analogy, but it is the type of stance people are taking. You may be talking about vanilla WoW and his reputation from that game, but also as previously stated, bringing up his reputation opens the door for others to point out where he's failed.
    Ad Hominem.

Those responses are assumptions, just like yours.

In case why is Kern's experience relevant? And why do you keep going on it?

Actually, you guys are talking about multiple things, 1 of which is his reputation. As he stated, you can not pick and choose what represents him as a whole. His whole criteria of work is where his reputation comes from
    We're discussing Vanilla WoW which was a huge success and was complete 10 years ago, Not Firefall.

You may be talking about vanilla WoW and his reputation from that game, but also as previously stated, bringing up his reputation opens the door for others to point out where he's failed.
    We're not talking about creating a new game here, How hard is that for you people to understand? The game was entirely complete 10 years ago, IT'S COMPLETE!

Christ were you also arguing against Nintendo bringing back games on their virtual console due to lackluster Wii U sales?
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    In case why is Kern's experience relevant? And why do you keep going on it?
    It's not, he is attacking his credibility on the direction WoW would of gone, but then won't provide his only real life credibility to support his opinions on WoW. It's called hypocrisy and usually these people aren't take very seriously, if ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Eronath View Post
    Those responses are assumptions, just like yours.
    Yeah, I wonder why people are assuming something about a printed document when a blizzard representative passive-aggressively comments on printed documents.. I honestly have no idea how people are linking the two..
    Last edited by Darkeon; 2016-04-23 at 06:11 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    yeah cause people are retarded and think every thing anyone at blizzard say is aimed at them cause they're all special snowflakes.

it's like the drama about the quest text saying '' nostalgia is the enemy of progress '' people assume it's aim at the nost drama when the quest text was probably made before the closing of the server and there as alwayse been stuff in the game referring to people saying things where better before like http://www.wowhead.com/item=10503/ro...c=269#comments

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    All other MMOs that have done this disagree with you.
    Tell me about how those communities are and how they compare to WoW circa 08. Feel free to mention any game, when it comes down to it, the most enjoyable ones are the more progressive games that delivers more content. It's the only thing that attracts players to keep playing.

It's been 12 years since Vanilla released and people are still playing it, Next.
    You act like these people will play the game and be happy with a stagnant version of Vanilla. Be real, there will be a HEAVY decline in numbers when the content and end-game is cleared within months. Go use Nostalrius as an example all you want, you'll experience the beginning of WoD all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    You mean the people angry that he didn't say "CLASSIC SERVER INCOMING!"? I want these server and don't see that implied anyone in HIS response. Matter of fact, it could of more been taken as they see the petition and hope that a ton of pages really aren't being printed. Hell, it could even be more implied that they do notice.

- - - Updated - - -

Ad Hominem.
    It is not as hominem. People use his reputation on WoW to support their claims, which again, opens the door for the rest of his past to be explored. When looking at credentials you don't just focus on the achievements and glance over the failings, you look at the whole picture. It would be ad hominem if people were using his past in games to undermine a stance he is taking towards opening a burger joint, but as it ties directly into what people are backing him for, it is fair game to be looked at and discussed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I did. I don't know why anyone thinks that that sort of response is going to get them anywhere. He makes a rather sly and very vague shot-across-the-bow tweet that can mean anything and people go ballistic. It's moronic and makes all of this even easier to ignore.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by cholobanger View Post
    Tell me about how those communities are and how they compare to WoW circa 08. Feel free to mention any game, when it comes down to it, the most enjoyable ones are the more progressive games that delivers more content. It's the only thing that attracts players to keep playing.
    You are literally playing a game that just answered your own question.

- - - Updated - - -

It is not as hominem. People use his reputation on WoW to support their claims, which again, opens the door for the rest of his past to be explored. When looking at credentials you don't just focus on the achievements and glance over the failings, you look at the whole picture. It would be ad hominem if people were using his past in games to undermine a stance he is taking towards opening a burger joint, but as it ties directly into what people are backing him for, it is fair game to be looked at and discussed.
    ad ho·mi·nem
    ˌad ˈhämənəm/
    adverb & adjective
    adverb: ad hominem; adjective: ad hominem

(of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.
    "vicious ad hominem attacks"
    relating to or associated with a particular person.
    "the office was created ad hominem for Fenton"

Deleted
    If some Blizz employee would have tweeted his breakfast, the Nost fanboys would all think it's an attack on them?

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Oh, I did. I don't know why anyone thinks that that sort of response is going to get them anywhere. He makes a rather sly and very vague shot-across-the-bow tweet that can mean anything and people go ballistic. It's moronic and makes all of this even easier to ignore.
    Yeah, that's how I viewed it also. I feel people are so up in arms that anything he says or will say is going to set someone off right now with how tense people are being.