Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    On the subject of pvp I think it's funny that the people who estus are usually garbage at fighting. I'll force them to run out of estus and I'll STILL end up killing them. Absolutely pathetic. The ones who don't estus are usually the ones who end up having a comeback and utterly wrecking me. These are people who are in the fight club area by the way after pontiff.
    I use Estus because I want to learn You don't really learn anything if you screw up and get owned a few seconds into the duel. This one time I chugged all my flasks and then I went all out aggressive and kept it up for several minutes with almost an empty health bar Still lost though because he had saved his flasks and could heal up...

Quote Originally Posted by Magnecyl View Post
    Why are some people so boring ? I've been invading Lothric Castle today as a Mound-Maker which is a lot of fun because it's usually not in my favor. This one time, I fought 2 sunbros and a host and just as I killed the second sunbro, a red spirit invaded. The host himself had run away so naturally I team up with the red spirit to chase the host cause that's more fun - A hunt of sorts. Instead of enjoying the hunt, the red spirit tries to attack me in the back while I run looking for the host. I figured it was a mistake and continue running. He does this 5 more times and misses every time and it starts to get annoying so I turn around and kill him in 2 seconds. Why did he have to ruin a fun hunt? Now the host is probably running around out there, looking over their shoulder every now and then in fear of the mad Abyss Watcher Fanatic who killed his trusted protectors and evil invaders alike
    Why do you play as a mad phantom if you want to be friends with reds? It's perfectly reasonable to attack a mad phantom since they're supposed to changed sides every now and then
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=n09xmhsvIuU
    DS3 PvP everyone, i kinda miss DS2 PvP, had more viable shit, bonefist was hella fun, dual blades T_T
    I think I found the meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria View Post
    Only issues I've had there are the big guys with the chain axe thing, that and the occasional being parried.

Has anyone had issues passing the fog gate when being summoned by people? I'll be brought in to help on bosses like dancer and as soon as they pass into the room I can't follow them. Really annoying especially when I'm trying to help a friend.
    Well i killed the first boss of the area the hard way aparently. Didn't know about the plunging attack. Rest of the area as easy, nameless king...i can see how he would be hard, but I 1-shot him. I think i pvp against people with lances too much as i knew all of his patterns before i ever saw him. Also I can't get the twinklinking dragon stuff as I killed Hawkmoon because i thought he was going to kill someone at firelink.

As for the fog gate, that's happened to me a few times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Why do you play as a mad phantom if you want to be friends with reds? It's perfectly reasonable to attack a mad phantom since they're supposed to changed sides every now and then
    Because I would prefer a hunt over completely wrecking yet another player. And I did change side! At first I was friendly and then I was suddenly not. I usually team up with reds if the situation requires it. Me vs 3 really good players usually end in me dying so in those cases I team up with the red until the good guys are killed and then I kill the red as well if I got the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    Fuck my life, Soul of cinder was 1 hit away from being killed but he leaped over my dark fire ball as soon as i launched it, i then get stuck in the finishing cast animation and get clipped by his leap : ( It's times like this when i miss DS2 Hex spells such as dark orb, good damage, range and short cast time. God knows how Sorcerers do this fight without resorting to melee, if I'm struggling in getting casts off on my pyro. One of the better end boss fights though i think in comparison to DS2 which is the only other game i played in the series, the end boss there was super easy.
    Maybe you should try some other spells? I'm sure there's spells that are faster than dark fire ball...

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Ah, i haven't actually found someone that can actually parry me. However i'm getting quite good at parrying and inventory swapping

I've found the best way to avoid the drang hammer is to roll right at the dude but slightly right or left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I know how to dodge it. I got the dude to 20% health without him touching me and I got cocky because I didn't expect him to kill me in one combo. Lo and behold, he did. I'm pretty good at faking out parries but you do enough invasions and eventually someones gonna catch you. Those people are also generally the ones that bring a hornet ring and switch to the Great Club when they do get the parry.
    This shouldn't be a thing, should had been removed long ago. That and riposte doing so much damage... and fix poise while they're at it.
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Soul of cinder finally defeated after 20 attempts with a pyro build, I got super lucky with his weapon phases though, he only entered his pyro phase and spear phase. I bursted him down into phase 2 when he was spamming fireballs, used only one estus in phase 1. So happy that Cunt is dead, bane of a boss for casters everywhere.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=672238274 - Is proof pyro builds can solo it - Don't click if you don't wish to be spoiled of the last boss.

Just Nameless king to go now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Maybe you should try some other spells? I'm sure there's spells that are faster than dark fire ball...
    Can't respec anymore until NG+ so Black fire orb will have to do, However he is 10 feet in the ground now ^.^.
    Last edited by Champagne Supernova; 2016-04-24 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    On a slightly different topic, anyone know of a good way to farm a lot of souls quickly? I'm currently doing lothric castle where you kill the single knight while you have shield of want, helm of avarice, and silver ring on. It's like 5k souls a kill and each kill is around 10-15 seconds, It's pretty decent but god damn is it boring. If anyones got a better way to farm that'd be nice.
    I do the 3 Ascended Winged Knights before the stairs to twin princes, on first playthrough with avarice, serpent and want it was about 34k or 45k souls per knight. Just slumbering dragoncrest ring, backstab them, dodge, backstab again. They seem to be weak to dark.

How I'm feeling right now about Soulsbourne as a whole:

PVP: DS2 (by far really)

World Design: DS1 (Also by far)

Level Design: DS3 (Bloodborne comes close tho)

Weapon Design: Bloodborne (By far)

Bosses: DS3 (Only talking about the base games here. Not counting DLC. If I was then it'd obviously be Old Hunters)

Gameplay: DS3 or Bloodborne. They do different things equally well.

Story: Dark Souls 1

Replayability: DS2 (The sheer amount of builds you can do in that game compared to even DS3 is staggering)

Overall Package: Dark Souls 1 (For now at least. After seeing Old Hunters, I really hope the DLC expands DS3 in the way that Old Hunters did for Bloodborne)

I didn't mention Demon's Souls because I don't think it does anything in particular that the other games don't do better but it's definitely worth playing. A lot of the bosses are kinda gimmicky fights where you have to figure out their weak point which makes it different enough from the rest of the games that it's interesting. Also Tower of Latria is still one of my favorite video game levels.
    PvP - Can't really say, I don't pvp much

World Design - Bloodborne to me. DS1 is great, but BB feels more thematically connected. I also love the horror atmosphere and the subtle details they put everywhere.

Level Design - Bloodborne as well. DS3's level design was somewhat disappointing to me. None of the shortcuts made me go "Whoa" and most areas are pretty linear. It certainly wasn't bad (hello DS2), but falls short of DS1 and BB.

Weapon Design - Bloodborne.

Bosses - Tough one. Bloodborne's base bosses have their highs and lows, I feel like Gascoigne, Gehrman, Ebriatas, and Micolash are all more memorable bosses than anything in DS3. I would have to say BB, especially with Old Hunters DLC. DS3 is great though, and hopefully the DLC fights can give it the edge that it needs.

Gameplay - Bloodborne. Trick weapons were an infinitely superior system to the quantity over quality in dark souls and much more complex than weapon arts, which I hardly use. Guns were more satisfying and cooler to use, the health regain mechanic was neat and the insight system was MUCH better than anything else (embers are so mundane).

Story - Bloodborne

-Replayability - They're all replayable, though I would say DS3 doesn't seem that replayable. The first couple areas are a chore to get through, all the good weapons/spells are hidden in later levels, and magic is terrible. Dex and strength weapons can easily be made now with gems and most weapons are quality base anyways. Plus, you can respec and there isn't really anything new in NG+ like DS2.

I'll add one more, Music, which is also EASILY bloodborne.

As you can see, I'm a BB fanboi, but DS3 is really great. I don't think it's as special as DS1, but if both came out at the same time, easily DS3.

PVP is Dark Souls 2 would have been good if Soul Memory didn't exist. Soul Memory completely ruined it, can't imagine how anyone could think DS2 PVP was the best of the series. DS1 reigns as champion there IMO. Locking yourself at the current meta only to invade or get invaded by level 200+ Havel Monsters who have every ability, not my idea of great pvp.

You know a host is laggy when you get invaded during a boss fight... Poor invader

One thing I really liked about bloodbourne was the lack of equip burden. It's just a stat there to limit what you equip. In dark souls 3 you can equip 3 weapons in either hand but you'll almost never do that because it raises your equip load too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    PVP is Dark Souls 2 would have been good if Soul Memory didn't exist. Soul Memory completely ruined it, can't imagine how anyone could think DS2 PVP was the best of the series. DS1 reigns as champion there IMO. Locking yourself at the current meta only to invade or get invaded by level 200+ Havel Monsters who have every ability, not my idea of great pvp.
    I mean Soul Memory may have sucked but you were still mostly pitted against people near your level so it was never unfair. There was a diversity of builds, 2 arenas, and you didn't constantly invade into a 3 phantom match.

DS1 was a broken as hell and the only interesting covenant was the Forest Hunters. If we wanna talk about "Havel Monsters" then let's talk about SL1 kids who would get Havels and roflstomp low level areas. Twinking was a serious problem in DS1 and even though it didn't work out, Soul Memory was the answer to that. DS3 just found a more elegant solution to the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    PvP - Can't really say, I don't pvp much

World Design - Bloodborne to me. DS1 is great, but BB feels more thematically connected. I also love the horror atmosphere and the subtle details they put everywhere.

Level Design - Bloodborne as well. DS3's level design was somewhat disappointing to me. None of the shortcuts made me go "Whoa" and most areas are pretty linear. It certainly wasn't bad (hello DS2), but falls short of DS1 and BB.

Weapon Design - Bloodborne.

Bosses - Tough one. Bloodborne's base bosses have their highs and lows, I feel like Gascoigne, Gehrman, Ebriatas, and Micolash are all more memorable bosses than anything in DS3. I would have to say BB, especially with Old Hunters DLC. DS3 is great though, and hopefully the DLC fights can give it the edge that it needs.

Gameplay - Bloodborne. Trick weapons were an infinitely superior system to the quantity over quality in dark souls and much more complex than weapon arts, which I hardly use. Guns were more satisfying and cooler to use, the health regain mechanic was neat and the insight system was MUCH better than anything else (embers are so mundane).

Story - Bloodborne

-Replayability - They're all replayable, though I would say DS3 doesn't seem that replayable. The first couple areas are a chore to get through, all the good weapons/spells are hidden in later levels, and magic is terrible. Dex and strength weapons can easily be made now with gems and most weapons are quality base anyways. Plus, you can respec and there isn't really anything new in NG+ like DS2.

I'll add one more, Music, which is also EASILY bloodborne.

As you can see, I'm a BB fanboi, but DS3 is really great. I don't think it's as special as DS1, but if both came out at the same time, easily DS3.
    The environments of Bloodborne are fantastic but put tggether they make for a very samey looking game. You basically have a dark forest, a dark city, and a dark building for your 3 archetypes in Bloodborne. Of course Old Hunters being a million times better than the base game in every way fixed that, but that doesn't excuse the base game. Unfortunately I can't blame them too much because Bloodborne is ultimately a horror game and it's hard to have variety in a horror game due to the areas needing to all be dark.

Bloodborne is more linear than DS3. You can kill Nameless King before Vordt if you are skilled enough. You can't kill Martyr Logarius before Gascoigne. Bloodborne was clever with its shortcuts though.

As for bosses, the only boss you named that could contest Nameless King or Soul of Cinder in terms of epicness is Gehrman. I think Bloodborne is more consistent while DS3 has higher highs and lower lows.

In terms of gameplay this is simply subjective. It's like saying Street Fighter is better than Super Smash Bros. They may be fighting games but they are completely different and do their own thing extremely well.

Bloodborne isn't nearly as replayable due to a lack of respec coupled with the fact that certain weapons are super late game. Arcane is useless until you kill Ludwig or Orphan of Kos (which good luck killing those guys early). Same with Bloodtinge. Cainhurst is almost half way through the game at that point and the Bloodletter is pretty late in the DLC as well. I probably would've played Bloodborne a shit ton if there was respeccing and more Blood Rocks available but alas, there isn't and Bloodborne suffers for it in the replayability department in my opinion.

As for music, I think I would agree overall. Ludwig's theme is one of the best boss themes period. Not just in From's games but gaming in general.

I mean Soul Memory may have sucked but you were still mostly pitted against people near your level so it was never unfair. There was a diversity of builds, 2 arenas, and you didn't constantly invade into a 3 phantom match.

DS1 was a broken as hell and the only interesting covenant was the Forest Hunters. If we wanna talk about "Havel Monsters" then let's talk about SL1 kids who would get Havels and roflstomp low level areas. Twinking was a serious problem in DS1 and even though it didn't work out, Soul Memory was the answer to that. DS3 just found a more elegant solution to the problem.
    Oh please, twinking was a minor issue that effected a very small portion of players for a very small portion of the game. Soul Memory screwed high level PVP outside of organized fight clubs for pretty much everyone. If we want to argue the lesser of two evils, the one that screws up end game is going to win that battle.

There is a reason DS1 PVP was huge on twitch until the day DS2 launched and DS2 PVP was pretty much dead on twitch 2 months in.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can kill Nameless King before Vordt if you are skilled enough.
    Wait, what? How? You have to kill Vordt in order to get anywhere outside of Lothric, don't you?

I do like killing Dancer before Vordt in my playthroughs that aren't a completely fresh ng though.

Bloodborne is more linear than DS3. You can kill Nameless King before Vordt if you are skilled enough. You can't kill Martyr Logarius before Gascoigne. Bloodborne was clever with its shortcuts though.
    Ummm, you can't get to arch dragon peak without going to the fun times dungeon so no you can't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Wait, what? How?
    He either wasn't thinking, or doesn't know what he is talking about. You can kill the boss that gates that area, but you couldn't actually get to that area.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-04-24 at 07:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ummm, you can't get to arch dragon peak without going to the fun times dungeon so no you can't.

- - - Updated - - -

He either wasn't thinking, or doesn't know what he is talking about. You can kill the boss that gates that area, but you couldn't actually get to that area.
    Yeah I wasn't thinking. Forgot you have to go to Irithyll Dungeon first. But still you can kill, Dragonslayer Armour and Oceiros early and gain access to a bunch of weapons and armor that are supposed to be late game. It would be hard as hell but Bloodborne doesn't even offer that option.

Yeah I wasn't thinking. Forgot you have to go to Irithyll Dungeon first. But still you can kill, Dragonslayer Armour and Oceiros early and gain access to a bunch of weapons and armor that are supposed to be late game. It would be hard as hell but Bloodborne doesn't even offer that option.
    Hell, you can make +9 raw weapon and roflstomp the first half of the game.

Don't think it was intended though, it was an over sight and I don't think they will bother to patch it.

When the PC version was gated streaming wise by namco they had no clue you could kill the NPC to fight the dancer and go beyond. Cohhcarnage literally killed dancer and ocerius and was progressing to armour before Namco was finally like no, shut it down(he contacted them the second he spawned dancer asking if it was ok and they where ok with it for the moment...) I mean, you could argue namco doesn't know wtf they're talking about but for From Software to leave them in the dark about something that big would be puzzling.

Deleted
    I actually don't mind people being able to fight dancer/oceiros/dragonslayer/twin princes before the rest of the game. It's just another path you can take just like you can choose if you want to kill Aldrich or Yhorm first. It's a lot harder than going the intended path so I don't think new players would have much luck doing it but it doesn't really hurt anyone does it? I mean, the weapons require some heft amount of stats to wield so it shouldn't be too OP in PvP either. Of course it might fuck with the intended timeline as the eclipse/Darksign Sun start way earlier in the game but like I said: If you're new to the game I don't think you're going to be able to kill the dancer and especially not Dragonslayer Armour right away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh please, twinking was a minor issue that effected a very small portion of players for a very small portion of the game. Soul Memory screwed high level PVP outside of organized fight clubs for pretty much everyone. If we want to argue the lesser of two evils, the one that screws up end game is going to win that battle.

There is a reason DS1 PVP was huge on twitch until the day DS2 launched and DS2 PVP was pretty much dead on twitch 2 months in.
    I suppose you have some way of proving that it only affected a small portion of the community? Because the proof that it was a bigger deal is the fact that From Software thought it was a big enough deal that they addressed it in DS2. Do you have some statistics that shows how many people were hounded by twinks? I doubt it.

Soul Memory did suck somewhat but like I said, I never had any problems with it. I still saw a diverse array of builds. If anything, the fact that people were able to level so high made the diversity of builds even higher because you could use anything you wanted and could combine things that you might not if you were restricted to a lower level. Soul Memory wasn't good, but it didn't "ruin" pvp.