Deleted
    Not to mention Bronn would have been there had they turned the boat around.

And the bad pussy brigade is no match for that.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    Robb plunged the Northern houses to war to avenge his father, he betrayed one of his allies and then later had the audacity to come back to the man he betrayed and ask for even more? Sure, it may not seem as "cruel" as Joffrey laughing while killing his enemies, but don't say like they didn't do anything bad or that they were honorable.

It's like thieves for example. A street thief is a thief, but what do you call a politician who steals millions and uses different methods to do so, a thief or not? It's the same in GoT. They all want power, some are better with words, some with cruelty, some with "righteousness". But they all want it, no matter how you turn it.
    Yes. Clearly falling in love is morally equatable to indiscriminately torturing and killing those without power.

I get it. Shades of grey. But you're making way too much of clearly incomparable events and traits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    I'm not convinced Ellaria gives a shit about Ellia (I mean that much) she's clearly mostly motivated by Oberyn's death mainly (added to the past transgressions).

That said the guards just stand there and watch their King and commander die.
    In that case why make her say lines like "Lannister killed Ellia and you did nothing?" If she really doesn't care she shouldn't say that, and if she cared she wouldn't kill Martell's to avenge Martell's..
    That's just bad writting sadly.

Even the revenge on Oberyn's sake (like she said to his daughters last season "For Oberyn") is badly done. Oberyn wouldn't want dead innocent girls, Oberyn wouldn't want his brother dead, his nephew dead.
    It doesn't make any sense at all...
    She just comes out a war hungry whore that destroys the House she married.
    Last edited by mmoce2f72405d7; 2016-04-25 at 01:54 PM.

Okay, after seeing the new episode I'll go through it point by point in what can only be considered tr00 opinion on matters.

My likes

Thorne speech:

This was great. It showcased Thorne as Man of Night's Watch as he was, whetever being a dick or not. He did what he felt was right (despite clearly being wrong as the viewer knows) and it was well conveyed in the speech.

Margary sin scene:

Great stuff again, there's not much to say here as it wasn't really long but it was nice piece of interaction that further elaborated the characters.

Daenerys scene:

I liked the stuff with her, the back and forth between her and Khal was neat and well acted and it set up her this season's arc quite well at least for the beginning.

Okays

King's Landing scenes:

Not good, not bad. Just needed to move characters around to set up future things or so.

Arya stuff:

Like above, setting some stuff up for future but mostly inconsequential. No idea why this was added in here really, would've easily made it larger and more meaningful if given proper time like with Khaleesi scene. Seems like shoved in just to show all characters. Didn't do any offensive though so eh.

Dislikes:

Super-Podrick:

From stumbling, mumbling, fumbling dude to someone who can fight against clear trained retinue soldiers? Yeaaaaah. The whole thing looked extremely fake and staged especially when ->

Sitting soldiers watching fight:

There was this one dude on horse just watching him fight on the backround in a battle where they were trying to hit each others swords instead of each others and clumsily so. This dude just sits there on horse going all "Yawn, when it's my turn? This video game single combatant battle sure gets dull soon".

Anything Dorne:

Bad pussy team strikes again. I hope that's the last we'll see or hear of Dorne. Great way to ruin whatever Oberyn's character set up for that story arc. Just never return to this, pls.

Fucking bad:

Ring on the ground implications:

I guess it's very convenient to have a quest compass, I mean, single ring across entire fucking country-side, while supposedly following a trail of dragon that can skip hundreds of miles daily. This shit was so stupid and I knew it was gonna happen the moment flashback kicks in. There's no excuse to this poor butchery of a hunt, already getting "great" Jaime-Bronn bro team shit.

Deus Ex Brienne:

Oh look, I come from nowhere just in time to save the day. About as stupid shit as my story-arc thus far. Her Aura of Turn Dogs is sure some high level class ability.

Old hag Melisandre:

Seen her without pendant before, where was the hag before? Well, in the Game of Retcons you either change established things or you die.

Very uneven episode where some good stuff was greatly overshadowed by the mindboggling shit and if this is the precedence for rest of the season, then I'm doubly worried.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account

At least there's no sign of Dorne in next week's episode

Well, Doran had to die given how s5 ended, Ellaria not moving in to strike him before he hears of Myrcella would've been suicide on her part.
    What Sooba said about entire Dorne thing is the only way to make it somewhat passable, it's still worst part of the show :/

Why are people raging so hard about Brienne showing up to save Sansa/Theon being stupid? Iirc in s5e10 there's a scene of Pod keeping watch over Winterfell tower, he sees the candle that's meant to be a signal and runs off immediately (logic dictates he's gone to find Brienne and tell her) and it's winter, quietest season of the year, with no battle commotion, hunting dogs can be heard from mile away, ofc Brienne/Pod are gonna find them....

More Ser Onion please, loved him since he was introduced and he keeps delivering!
    Quote Originally Posted by Health View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    Besides, you don't gain any knowledge of a useful spec if you level as BM
    When you're asleep, me and an enchancement shaman are gonna enter your room and beastcleave you to tears.

Best actor was clearly Kit Harrington, his performance was on point. 10/10.

I absolutely love the High Sparrow's portrayal and actor. He's superb.

Deleted
    Looks good.

No bad pussies is a good thing. No Danerys either from the looks of it.

And Robert Strong needs some air time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Mankrik View Post
    I absolutely love the High Sparrow's portrayal and actor. He's superb.
    TFW he's dealt with zombies before:

https://media.giphy.com/media/806491sp6L0fm/giphy.gif

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post

I'm getting the feel that Ellaria is gonna make a powerplay here, take Dorne for herself and direct its entire might against King's Landing. Its already hinted that at least part of Dorne's military agrees with her, since none of them intervened when she straight up murdered Doran. Similar to how the Roman Praetorian Guard did nothing when Brutus and Longinus stabbed Caesar.
    Not to be nitpicky but the Praetorian Guard was founded by Augustus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial-sama View Post
    Why are people raging so hard about Brienne showing up to save Sansa/Theon being stupid? Iirc in s5e10 there's a scene of Pod keeping watch over Winterfell tower, he sees the candle that's meant to be a signal and runs off immediately (logic dictates he's gone to find Brienne and tell her) and it's winter, quietest season of the year, with no battle commotion, hunting dogs can be heard from mile away, ofc Brienne/Pod are gonna find them....

More Ser Onion please, loved him since he was introduced and he keeps delivering!
    Pod does not see the candle. The scene goes like this:
    "It's Stannis"
    Brienne looks at tower, no candle. She leaves
    Pod picks up an axe, his back is turned to the tower.
    Candle lights up.

Next time we see Brienne she is killing Stannis.

There is nothing that shows they saw the candle (quite the opposite actually), therefore no way for them to know Sansa escaped and that she is the one chased by hounds.
    She found the hunting party by sheer luck, and arrived at the right time? Deus Ex Brienne indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are people raging so hard about Brienne showing up to save Sansa/Theon being stupid?
    I wouldn't know. That connection has been obvious for quite a long time before the episode came out.

Now, what might be a bit silly - i don't recall where Brienne and Pod were at the end of s5 - is them showing up out of nowhere in time to save Sansa/Theon. I think last time they were seen was at the tower waiting for Sansa to light up the candle

People dying: Check
    Nudity: Check
    Quotable lines: Check
    Tyrion being awesome: Check

Yep, the show still got it. Can't wait for the rest of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post

At least there's no sign of Dorne in next week's episode
    Looks like the Faith is after Jaime for his sexy Time with the Queen mother

So many people I already want to die this season. Mainly Olly that little shithead. Oh and as for Melisandre, ewwwwwwwwwwwww.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    The whole Doran thing (and Sand Snakes in general) makes little sense to me. Destroying everything Oberyn loved and violating his moral code all in his name? Meh.

Also, the fact that the guards didn't even fucking flinch bothered me. Not even the ones that were too far away to hear what was going on, but could see Doran and Areo fall over. They wouldn't at least come running to see what was going on? Jesus, man.
    I think the guards had basically turned on him as well by that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    TFW he's dealt with zombies before:

https://media.giphy.com/media/806491sp6L0fm/giphy.gif
    oh my god, is THAT where I know him from?! I KNEW he was familiar!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So many people I already want to die this season. Mainly Olly that little shithead. Oh and as for Melisandre, ewwwwwwwwwwwww.
    Even fully knowing her true self, I'd take that to the bedroom as long as she promises to keep the necklace on.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Old hag Melisandre:

Seen her without pendant before, where was the hag before? Well, in the Game of Retcons you either change established things or you die.
    There is another clue why this is and people are missing it. It's not just the pendant, if it is pendant at all. I think it's the vial's of "medicine" they shown both times she has been naked and without her pendant.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgonaZe View Post
    Pod does not see the candle. The scene goes like this:
    "It's Stannis"
    Brienne looks at tower, no candle. She leaves
    Pod picks up an axe, his back is turned to the tower.
    Candle lights up.

Next time we see Brienne she is killing Stannis.

There is nothing that shows they saw the candle (quite the opposite actually), therefore no way for them to know Sansa escaped and that she is the one chased by hounds.
    She found the hunting party by sheer luck, and arrived at the right time? Deus Ex Brienne indeed.
    Does Pod actually leave before the candle is lit? I didn't watch it lately but my impression from watching it last year was that Pod would be the one to notice it and save the day for Sansa/Theon (since Brienne had her hard-on for revenge); need to go back and rewatch it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Health View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    Besides, you don't gain any knowledge of a useful spec if you level as BM
    When you're asleep, me and an enchancement shaman are gonna enter your room and beastcleave you to tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, and I can buy that to some extent. But to not even move? Not even come running to see what's happening? I mean, that's their damn job. Unless it was all somehow completely planned out beforehand with all the guards, but even the girls looked nervous about the letter coming.

Also, they literally killed the messenger. Seemed pointless to me, it's not like they can keep a lid on what happened, they're clearly confident about their standing in Dorne, and it's not like there's any guarantee that none of those guards - even if loyal to them - will have a loose tongue about what really happened if Ellaria tries to sell it as a Lannister assassin or something.

I dunno, just kinda hated that scene.
    I did too but what I'm gonna guess is that it must have been planned for some time without the knowledge of Doran.

Deleted
    Does Pod actually leave before the candle is lit? I didn't watch it lately but my impression from watching it last year was that Pod would be the one to notice it and save the day for Sansa/Theon (since Brienne had her hard-on for revenge); need to go back and rewatch it.
    Just watched to be sure before posting. He picks up his axe, follows Brienne (back to the tower) he leaves the camera shot, and in the background you see the candle that lights up.