Quote Originally Posted by Leksa View Post
    Is new transmog class-limited ? Can I transmog my mage with priest sets ?
    I think it is only limited by what you could equip on the mog source and the mog destination.

That means if the item has 'priest' as a prerequisite then I don't think your mage can mog to it.

However your priest could 'capture' mogging for a normal cloth item and your mage could mog to it.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    There's one at the start of stormheim, and our artifact quests are scenario style. Unless you mean specifically 3 player scenarios
    No, i meant repeatable, queueable ones. Not necessarily a specific size.

7+ Year Old Account
    i wonder when the Lords of war/burdens of shaohao style vids about gul'dan khadgar and illidan will come.
    or if they are gonna make them.

Formerly known as Arafal

I'm really hoping for a key so I can just see how optimized my PC is for it, that and address my concerns/worries over Fury Warrior, Mistweaver, and Windwalker first hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly I don't understand why they don't just make LFR something different from a raid entirely. It is not a raiding experience, it does not give you any decent sense of what the bosses do and from WoD onward the gear is useless anyway. As you've said only reason to do it was for the questline.
    I think it's more of content experience than a true raid experience. LFR was created so people who cannot or do not want to invest the time into regular raiding, could see the content. Now, it's a disgusting wasteland. I shiver thinking about queuing for an LFR raid. Hopefully they die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    First : world quests can give better rewards than dungeons (and reputations). Second, world quests can give you mats for professions. Third, world quests can give you pets. Fourth, world quests can give you mounts. That's enough for me to run them.

Fifth : hc dungeons become obsolete really fast. Sixth : class halls missions give you quest to do something in the outer world.

Seventh : wow and most of mmos always were about "afk in X place waiting for a dungeon/raid or whatever" if the only thing you care about is getting better gear.
    I didn't know about pets and mounts - I hope those are unique and not just like the "bonus cache" thing that tanks/healers usually get when singing up for a random dungeon, i.e a mount that you can get elsewhere.

HC dungeons might become obsolete, but you still get artifact power stuff which is gonna be the main thing to grind, or so I think. It depends on how high itemlevel you can get from world quests, but this could also become obsolete fast?

No, there was a time when spending time outside of the main city was a thing to do. Back in Vanilla/TBC there was constantly shit to do, even if didn't want rep or whatever, at least you had to grind mobs/herbs/ores to get gold. These days it's kinda moot since gold have no real value ingame bar high end BOE pve gear and spectral tiger mount etc. Professions are also terrible these days compared to back then, where extremely good gear required tailoring/blacksmithing.

As someone else said, they really need to be on the ball with this, and update world quests when they release new raid tiers or patches. Perhaps tie it into the artifact power of your weapon, so if you are new to Legion you wont get itemlevel 999 gear the first world quest you do, but the gear progessively becomes better. I wish WoW had a sense of progession again. It would just suck donkey balls if world quests go live and never change in the course of 2 years.

You know at this point I have not looked up much stuff aside from just getting a general overview of the zones, and some minor stuff about the classes. I am very happy about that since It will probably make me discover the stuff at my own pace.

I feel sorry for those with acess to the alpha tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Claws View Post
    I'm really hoping for a key so I can just see how optimized my PC is for it
    Alpha itself is barely optimized so that's not really a valid "point".

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    I have an unbelievably bad memory so the story will be fresh to me (especially since all the cinematics and a lot of voices aren't in on alpha right now), but legion alpha has been amazing for giving some feedback aswell as deciding what I'm going to play - completely not what I expected I'd want to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    I didn't know about pets and mounts - I hope those are unique and not just like the "bonus cache" thing that tanks/healers usually get when singing up for a random dungeon, i.e a mount that you can get elsewhere.

HC dungeons might become obsolete, but you still get artifact power stuff which is gonna be the main thing to grind, or so I think. It depends on how high itemlevel you can get from world quests, but this could also become obsolete fast?

No, there was a time when spending time outside of the main city was a thing to do. Back in Vanilla/TBC there was constantly shit to do, even if didn't want rep or whatever, at least you had to grind mobs/herbs/ores to get gold. These days it's kinda moot since gold have no real value ingame bar high end BOE pve gear and spectral tiger mount etc. Professions are also terrible these days compared to back then, where extremely good gear required tailoring/blacksmithing.

As someone else said, they really need to be on the ball with this, and update world quests when they release new raid tiers or patches. Perhaps tie it into the artifact power of your weapon, so if you are new to Legion you wont get itemlevel 999 gear the first world quest you do, but the gear progessively becomes better. I wish WoW had a sense of progession again. It would just suck donkey balls if world quests go live and never change in the course of 2 years.
    Maybe they can add world quests that reward artifact power, that'd be good.

You should try professions in Legion then, they're actually quite fun to level up with the quests and all.

Also, I know people that were loaded back in Vanilla, some that got the gold cap in TBC... Lots of people didn't do all that outside stuff like you claim. Most people were afk in Ironforge or Orgrimmar or Shattrath.

If you decide to buy everything with gold, that's your choice. I only use my gold to buy some stuff like mog items/pets/whatever. Everything else I need (mats for pots/food/etc) I go and farm them myself.

The first time I ever got to ride the 280% flying mount was in MoP. I don't have the 310% flying skill on any of my chars.

Blizzard is giving you plenty of choices in legion. You can do the world quests for the lore/rep/gear/mats/random things or you can just buy everything from the AH. Ultimately that's your choice. You can't possibly ask blizzard to force everyone to do everything.

You can also decide to afk in Dalaran and just do HC/waiting to be TP. Or you can do other stuff while waiting.

People nowadays are just lazy. If you give them choices, they'll take the easiest way. If you force them, they'll complain they have no choice bla bla bla.

Tho I agree WoD was kinda lackluster because they basically gave us nothing really cool to get outsides. No dailies, no world event etc... And you could basically get everything in your garrison (herbs/mines, etc etc) without interacting with the outside world or other players.

Homophobia is so gay.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Right now it seems that very few of the ingame cinematics are actually in alpha. Its all "PH cinematic, <dev note such and such>" whenever you encounter a time where one is intended to play. Not a huge deal, it is alpha after all, but it makes for a very disjointed storytelling experience.

There are voiceovers galore for regular quests, talking heads, random NPC demons who wont shut the fuck up, etc, etc. I can not make any comparison as to the quality of the voiceovers compared to previous xpacs as i am one of those players who traditionally never plays WoW with audio enabled. (I only have it turned on for alpha due to testing purposes.) Having said that, it seems like the caliber of the voice acting is quite poor tbh. Im always struck by how the voice actors never seem to have any emotional investment in their characters. They all just seem to sound like some random person doing an accent while reading from a script card. Ive got cheap indie games on steam right now that have vastly superior voice acting.

I'm fairly certain those are supposed to exist.

That aside, many players seem to actively avoid leaving whatever is the current primary gathering spot unless they have to, and have done so since vanilla. Part of the reason LfD was introduced was to remove the need to stay in Dalaran to find a dungeon group. Yet people still just sat around and waited instead of doing something else in the mean time.

Deleted
    You know at this point I have not looked up much stuff aside from just getting a general overview of the zones, and some minor stuff about the classes. I am very happy about that since It will probably make me discover the stuff at my own pace.

Same for me. Watched a few vids here and there but nothing zone-related and only small potions of gameplay. Looking forward to discovering it all by myself without knowing what to expect in each zone.

They exist already, 20 or 40 power for solo quests and 80 for group quests.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The world artifact power drops are actual items that can be activated and applied to the artifact of your choice by clicking the item then selecting the artifact you wish to apply it to. There are certain milestone quests while levelling that also award these items. These items are ranked by color/rarity like regular gear drops. Green = Uncommon, Blue = Rare, Purple = Epic, etc. Each rarity level awards more AXP than the previous. The upshot of this system is that you can use your main spec to grind AXP items for your offspec artifacts.

In addition, there are certain times or locations out in the world where just walking through will initiate a scripted sequence where you are automatically awarded a bit of artifact XP to your equipped artifact. I cant say how common these are, as ive only seen one thus far. For example, theres a spot in Val'Sharath where i was walking to a quest objective on my Frost DK where the spectre of the Lich King appeared in the middle of a ruined path and did a short RP monolog after which i was awarded 50 AXP directly to my equipped swords.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    In addition, there are certain times or locations out in the world where just walking through will initiate a scripted sequence where you are automatically awarded a bit of artifact XP to your equipped artifact. I cant say how common these are, as ive only seen one thus far. For example, theres a spot in Val'Sharath where i was walking to a quest objective on my Frost DK where the spectre of the Lich King appeared in the middle of a ruined path and did a short RP monolog after which i was awarded 50 AXP directly to my equipped swords.
    I'm wondering if that's spec specific anyway, given certain artifacts have fairly different routes to obtain and powers they represent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I'm fairly certain those are supposed to exist.

That aside, many players seem to actively avoid leaving whatever is the current primary gathering spot unless they have to, and have done so since vanilla. Part of the reason LfD was introduced was to remove the need to stay in Dalaran to find a dungeon group. Yet people still just sat around and waited instead of doing something else in the mean time.
    Yeah that's always been the case. WoD garrisons just took it to a whole new level.

Quote Originally Posted by Leefa View Post
    They exist already, 20 or 40 power for solo quests and 80 for group quests.
    Ah nice thanks I haven't seen them yet but atm I can't play on any of my alpha toons

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Claws View Post
    I recently did that. Upgraded to a 980 Ti, i7 4790k, and a 1080p monitor. Things look pretty good on max settings, but my FPS does take a hit in the Alliance garrison. Anywhere else I get 90-200 FPS easily.
    I don't think I'll upgrade. Don't think I'll need to but I do want to upgrade eventually

i7 5820k GTX 780
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi