Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Actually I'm pretty sure the majority of the star fox hardcore fan base love the game. Seems the people thirsty to buy the next Nintendo game, or press that are bad at games in general(should I bring up Tropical Freeze reviews again? Game is too hard 6/10) being the whiners mostly.
    well we could of had a starfox game on the wii but.....
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    you're only hurting yourself not just in video games but in real life with attitudes like that.
    Quoted for irony. Like, heavy heavy heavy irony.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again you have no clue what you're talking about. You can flip the screens instantly by pressing select which is like switching between 3rd and first person similar to how most 3rd person shooters handle it. You never have to look at the game pad at all. Keep talking about shit you don't know anything about though.

You people sound like this all over again:

Yea, hold back video game and control progression because you yourself are a stubborn ass who can't adjust to a system that actually controls better. Star Fox Zero is the first game in the franchise where you can dodge in one direction while firing in the exact opposite direction. That is akin to the jump from 2d to 3d Mario.

Keep being stubborn and close minded, you're only hurting yourself not just in video games but in real life with attitudes like that.
    We are not being stubborn or close minded, we tried the controls and they simply do not work very well... its been many years since the Wii U had launched and guess what, they are still trying to prove the controls were worth it. Splatoon is literally the only example I can think of where the gyro scope was ok, and the game pad never really proved to be that useful. Sorry, but this gimmick simply is a bad idea. Innovation should be good for the customer, not a hindrance.

But emergerd OFF SCREEN PLAY IS ORGASMIC! No, its really not.... no one was clamoring for something like this. Its really not that important. EMERGERD! INVENTORY ON A SECOND SCREEN!.... It hardly changes anything.

Also what context is that? He says terrifying. That does not mean bad. Does not describe it as bad or anything like that. Just calls it terrifying and fully explains the controls.

NOW I DID YOUR ACTUAL HOMEWORK

The left analog stick moves you forward, back, and strafes right and left, while the right analog stick turns you and can be used to look up and down. Too often, you'll turn to face a foe and find that your weapon is aimed at the floor or ceiling while the alien gleefully hacks away at your midsection. Add to the mix a few other head scratchers - such as how the triangle button controls item and health use - and you'll be wondering how Sony let this get by without requesting a few different control configuration options.
    This was also the year 2000, and this was one of the first games made for the PS2. Guess what? No one understood this set up at first, and early games likely did not handle it very well.

Splatoon came out years after the Wii U launched, and Star fox zero EVEN LATER! I am sorry, but this is bad comedy from you Tech. Nintendo has not even come close to proving this control scheme was really worth it.

Lets add even more to this comedy. The game review you are citing.... is giving a review of a game, that nobody thought was that great. It has mixed reviews everywhere.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2016-04-25 at 11:27 PM.

i dont want my view hindered at all whether im using two screens or flipping between them.

"the hardcore star fox fans like it"

yay, im glad all of 43 people who are super into star fox like it, enjoy not getting another title for 10 years because you need your game to be super hipster and unique
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i dont want my view hindered at all whether im using two screens or flipping between them.

yay, im glad all of 43 people who are super into star fox like it, enjoy not getting another title for 10 years because you need your game to be super hipster and unique
    Even they dont like it, and even the completionist who likes them says there is a huge learning curve.

The game would have been solid if it had a regular control scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

There is nothing unique about it. It's a rail shooter that graduated to a superior control scheme which allowed them to do more with the game. You keep trying, and failing at making cool one liners. It's not your thing.

There is never any reason you need to see both screens at once, for the majority of the game the 3rd person view is fine, for a few boss fights in all range mode the cockpit view is slightly better. All it is, is an option that you can swap between on the fly. People acting like both are neccesary clearly haven't played the game and know nothing about it(but we already know that about you).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Even they dont like it, and even the completionist who likes them says there is a huge learning curve.

The game would have been solid if it had a regular control scheme.
    If the game had a regular control scheme how would you do it and have the same game again?

I'm waiting for you to explain that so I can rip it to shreds. You would be better off not doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing unique about it. It's a rail shooter that graduated to a superior control scheme. You keep trying, and failing at making cool one liners. It's not your thing.

There is never any reason you need to see both screens at once, for the majority of the game the 3rd person view is fine, for a few boss fights in all range mode the cockpit view is slightly better. All it is, is an option that you can swap between on the fly. People acting like both are neccesary clearly haven't played the game and know nothing about it(but we already know that about you).

- - - Updated - - -

If the game had a regular control scheme how would you do it and have the same game again?

I'm waiting for you to explain that so I can rip it to shreds. You would be better off not doing it.
    If the control scheme was a regular control scheme, people would not think the controls would be weird.... what kind of question is this? You can't rip anything to shreds. It would be the same game, pretty much everything in the game can be done with a standard control scheme.

If the control scheme was a regular control scheme, people would not think the controls would be weird.... what kind of question is this? You can't rip anything to shreds. It would be the same game, pretty much everything in the game can be done with a standard control scheme.
    The game would not work as it is with a "regular" control scheme. Thanks for taking the bait.

With a single stick control scheme ala old school star fox you can not move in one direction and fire in the other at the same time which would make the game vastly different and the dog fights especially which are excellent would have to be entirely redone.

With a twin stick setup ala modern shooters, you would not have access to the amount of buttons required to aim and do everything at the same time. Break, left roll. right roll and boost are all bound to the right stick, you couldn't just bind them to the face buttons- then you could not use them while aiming. Shoulder buttons once again are already all used with only L being moveable, but you can't bind 4 abilities to 1 button.

Thanks for playing the game. The game could not be done as is with a "regular" control scheme it would have to be vastly watered down and simplified which is never a good thing for an arcade style game meant to be re played over and over to get better at.

You basically only proved to me that you haven't played the game so your comments of it would be fine with a regular control scheme and you tried it and didn't like it are flat out bullshit. You have no idea what you're talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game would not work as it is with a "regular" control scheme. Thanks for taking the bait.

With a single stick control scheme ala old school star fox you can not move in one direction and fire in the other at the same time which would make the game vastly different and the dog fights especially which are excellent would have to be entirely redone.

With a twin stick setup ala modern shooters, you would not have access to the amount of buttons required to aim and do everything at the same time. Break, left roll. right roll and boost are all bound to the right stick, you couldn't just bind them to the face buttons- then you could not use them while aiming. Shoulder buttons once again are already all used with only L being moveable, but you can't bind 4 abilities to 1 button.

Thanks for playing the game. The game could not be done as is with a "regular" control scheme it would have to be vastly watered down and simplified which is never a good thing for an arcade style game meant to be re played over and over to get better at.

You basically only proved to me that you haven't played the game so your comments of it would be fine with a regular control scheme and you tried it and didn't like it are flat out bullshit. You have no idea what you're talking about.
    Yeah, what ever makes you feel better.... If nearly everyone of your rants ends with this.... Makes me feel bad for Nintendo. They have you protecting them...... the poor guys.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    superior control scheme
    The gems don't stop coming today.
    BAD WOLF

if it didnt have the control scheme it be star fox 64 with a chicken in it.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

I think gyro aiming is the future of shooting games

However gyro aiming with 2 screens is not

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

exactly, gyro aiming with my steam controller is great, star fox zero aiming sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I have no qualms with gyro, it's the dual screen thing.

Also pissing myself laughing at people arguing with tech, go outside, find a wall and argue with it, it's far more useful.

Also the graphics we're pretty crap aesthetically imo.

From Nintendo themselves, Wii U lifetime-to-date sales are up to 12.8 million.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2016/160427e.pdf

- - - Updated - - -

Zelda Wii U delayed til 2017. Confirmed both NX and Wii U versions.

- - - Updated - - -

Nintendo is also planning to ship only 800 thousand Wii Us for this next fiscal year.

Yeah, what ever makes you feel better.... If nearly everyone of your rants ends with this.... Makes me feel bad for Nintendo. They have you protecting them...... the poor guys.
    Clearly I protect Nintendo. Check my e3 reaction last year, better yet check my reaction to the news this morning. I like how you did nothing to try and disprove anything I said, guess I blew your mind? You didn't think it through that far eh?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

It's not 2 screens. It's 2 points of view. Never do you need to look at both, and you can change the which one is displayed on the TV or Gamepad any time you wish with the press of a button mid gameplay. It's just like swapping between hip firing and shoulder firing in any modern shooter only you have to swap to cockpit far far far less then you would shoulder firing in any shooter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Nintendo is also planning to ship only 800 thousand Wii Us for this next fiscal year.
    Well that we saw coming. No big game and NX confirmed for next year. They might be lucky to get there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly I protect Nintendo. Check my e3 reaction last year, better yet check my reaction to the news this morning. I like how you did nothing to try and disprove anything I said, guess I blew your mind? You didn't think it through that far eh?

- - - Updated - - -
    lol what?
    /10

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wii.../1100-6439266/

Kimishima is saying the Wii U could end production by March 2018.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail...ronicles-wii-u

Xenoblade Chronicles is finally getting a VC release in NA tomorrow.

All I saw was Zelda U delayed yet another year. Hate that.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Pretty much confirms color splash is going to be complete trash. All their eggs are in NX basket and color splash must of been a filler after thought and copy paste the fire world, ice world, desert, lava, etc from sticker star.