Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    You underestimate my abilities. I am actually a very skilled programmer. I developed applications in C, C++, 80x86 asm.. If i really would like, i surely could create my own server. I developed exploits for a security company, created games entirely written in 80x86 asm.. made netcode for heavily loaded chatsystems.
    If that was acturally true, then why would you want to spend your life disagreeing with others for sport all day on a MMO forum? Go make some games for Casual players that want to be rewarded for doing nothing, im sure it will be a hit! And in the meantime i would like to have my favourite MMO back.

"Don't worry guise, this self-proclaimed titles and replay thingy are getting us closer to official Classic severs. Keep up the good fight"

You underestimate my abilities. I am actually a very skilled programmer. I developed applications in C, C++, 80x86 asm.. If i really would like, i surely could create my own server. I developed exploits for a security company, created games entirely written in 80x86 asm.. made netcode for heavily loaded chatsystems.

The thing is.. i dont want to. I have absolutely no interest to write an illegal emulator.
    Okay, well until you can prove the claim you made, we will continue believing you are full of shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    Except that you have no clue what a "majority" of Blizzard's player base wants. You know what *you* want and that's about it.

There is *NO* proof *ANYWHERE* that a majority of MMO players want tedious stuff like Classic & TBC. (Look at Wildstar the "return to a classic MMO" and how well that did... LOL)
    Wildstar isn't WoW.

And that goes both ways, tedious to you maybe, way more fun for a lot others as recent events has shown.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Okay, well until you can prove the claim you made, we will continue believing you are full of shit.
    Read his blog, im sure he BELIEVES he can do that. It's laughable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    1. Brings nothing to the conversation.

2. Knows nothing about the topic at hand.

3. Carry so much salt I had to drink a whole bottle of water just to stay hydrated from the tears of laughter when I read his answers.
    Ah no salt, i am just cynical. As the topic amazes me really. A group of pirates which wants to become blizzard employees and an ex-blizzard employee who wants to be as toxic as he can be trying to takeover blizzards game design decisions.

Thats nearly as funny as blizzard trying to cooperate with McDonalds in China.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by megasus View Post
    Wow... they're not even releasing the source code? The emulation software is licensed under GNU GPL, they literally have to make it public. But who are we talking about, they're software pirates. They don't care about copyright law.
    Wanted to answer this before but couldn't find the source where I've read it. According to the Nost subreddit, they don't have to release source code because they didn't redistribute the executables. I'll have to quote someone from the official thread, as I'm not knowledgeable enough to answer you:

Confirming. The GNU GPL v3 requires that the source code be made available only if the Nostalrius team makes the binary files available, regardless of the amount of changes they made.
    As long as the binaries stay internal to the dev team, they can keep the code private.
    Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Nostalrius/...e_source_code/
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Ah no salt, i am just cynical. As the topic amazes me really. A group of pirates which wants to become blizzard employees and an ex-blizzard employee who wants to be as toxic as he can be trying to takeover blizzards game design decisions.

Interesting the claims you just made. No where did they say they want to change the current game.

Deleted
    Less ad hominem would be a good idea for you and Freedom4Kern as well.

Somebody already posted how the laws work in Europe a few pages back. It sounds like it is actually perfectly legal there to alter software you have purchased.
    Maybe it is, since the GNU is a license and not a contract. But still a shitty move to take advantage of other people's work and don't contribute anything back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrubSlayer View Post
    Read his blog, im sure he BELIEVES he can do that. It's laughable.
    While I strongly believe that said person has a bad ethical code, I firmly believe that shaming isn't the way to go. It just feels wrong.
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    Interesting the claims you just made. No where did they say they want to change the current game.
    Blizzard actually has to put effort into legacy or pristine realms which could be used better for adding more content to their existing game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Less ad hominem would be a good idea for you and Freedom4Kern as well.
    Well, that'll teach me to take your defense then.
    Google Diversity Memo

Just to address the most recent posts in these forums:
    1). If Nost wants to feel like ambassadors, that's fine. In a very simplistic way, they are.
    2). The replay thing is nice, and completely makes sense this was what they were hyping up. They feel the fans of Nost are such a great community that they want them to have something to remember their time playing on the server, and the mention of e-sports means they are wanting to attempt to make it something main stream as well. "Big news" can be just the fact that the players were there and had a hand in something (whether they knew it or not) that has potential to become a big thing.
    3). Both sides are being toxic beyond belief to each other right now, whether that's the anti/don't care/concerned crowd laughing at the pro group or the pro group saying that somehow the other people have even MORE rage about the announcement and trying to incite something.
    4). People love comparing vanilla to retail and vice verse in the "things to do" category. Both have there ups and downs yet few can admit that and want to blankly state one is better than the other. Personally, I don't think the grind fest that is vanilla was any harder than retail, it just took longer. Instead of pulling 5 mobs you can handle on retail you pulled 1-2 on vanilla. Getting gear took longer in vanilla than it does on retail. The challenge of both is the end game raid and end game PvP. I believe we can all agree that at the time the xpac is current, the hardest difficulties are indeed hard. Some players find them easier than others, some may lack mechanics but make up for it in numbers, but once people grow accustomed to it all fights become easier. The pros and cons of Blizzards direction over the years with LFR and normal is very clearly an attempt to keep casual players around longer with incentive of killing those bosses while maintaining the prestige and "e-peen" of players pushing mythic. That doesn't mean vanilla's approach of 1 difficulty flat out was wrong, but it definitely put a niche group of people ahead of others who also want to experience content and might not have had the time or ability (let's face it, not everyone who plays wow is good at it, but it's a nice incentive to experience everything in the game and not be the lowly peon that logs on to gather a raider's materials).

Deleted

I think you are both salty and cynic, and i think it frustrates you greatly that a lot of players don't agree with you. I have seen you debate people multiple times and laugh at them when they told you that the game shouldn't cater to entitled players that put in no effort what so ever. How selfish do you have to be to completely dismiss a massive demand from the community in an attempt to steer the game even further towards doom, only so you can sit on your lazy ass in your garrison and feel better about yourself.

Is there an eternal struggle within your soul brother?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    Well, that'll teach me to take your defense then.
    I dont have to defend anything. As i am actually not supporting piracy, or even the guys who dont give anything about something like "copyrights".

Blizzard actually has to put effort into legacy or pristine realms which could be used better for adding more content to their existing game.
    Which has already been debunked by Blizzard being able to hire a separate team given the success of the server. It is like literally hiring a separate team for a different game. Why aren't you posting on Overwatch forums yelling at them for not putting all those resources into current WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well there is some situation-changing information here. Namely that the source code will NOT be released. Meaning with Nost dies fully-functional Vanilla servers.

Also, server playback? Is that something Blizz can even do?
    Are you joking? Kronos (I and II) says hi.

I dont have to defend anything. As i am actually not supporting piracy, or even the guys who dont give anything about something like "copyrights".
    There is no support for piracy from the people you quoted, however there is support for an official server from Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Pretty much as expected. They've got their foot in the door now. All that's left is to see what they can do with it.