Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    I wonder how that'd work out, when the current winning rhetoric is that EU has failed Austria.
    The EU has failed Austria in the refugee crisis. Austria and Germany took the bulk of these people and the rest of the EU did fuckall to help take people in.

People can cry "FASCISM!" all they want, it's a natural defense reaction to being exploited by an unwilling, incompetent and, ultimately, impotent EU.

So: borders closed, far right dude elected. Congratulations.

My aim to retire in
    Fucking Austria

So Ripping off Austria is not good

Australian dude
    I must remember not to post stupid stuff when very drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    You get called a racist if you even mention skin colour! It like discussing other cultures (especially if you do not like that culture type) which are not white is a taboo!!

Remember, on these forums if you are a male white Christian from the western world you have no rights!
    I am a male white christian from the western world, and i have never been infracted for any of my posts. Just think before you write. And if you feel that the infraction wasn't appropiate read the forum rules. As far as I know you are able to complain about the infraction.

PS: Don't act like a victim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    I'm not norwegian and you are being gullible as hell. Stop denying evidence just because it doesn't fit your naive worldview. BRÅ keeps official statistics in Sweden and they say 40% of all crimes are committed by immigrants and their children. If you look at violent crimes it's higher. And just like Sweden/Norway (or any other place that accepts immigration and refugees), the immigrants committing crimes in Austria is disproportionately high.

Are any of the "hopefuls" in this thread above 20? Serious question.
    Hasn't to do with being hopeful at all. It is more about being more construnctive than destructive and doing one of those two things:
    Screaming foreigners out.
    Screaming you are a nazi omfg.
    And statistics in Austria right now are really hard to trust (because of the large amount in the internet and the work you need to see if it's useful or not; just believing every statistic you click on is really naive) just sayin.
    Age 21.

10+ Year Old Account
    srsly now... I've been to Austria, idk how many times... often..
    The only danger there ever occurring was to step into some livestock manure.
    It's one of the calmest, cleanest and safest countries on this planet.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    It's growing pains. In the long term a more diverse Austria is a better one.

You dumbasses know that a German in Austria is a foreigner right? Fucking retards.

Infracted for flaming
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-05-05 at 07:38 PM.
    You can't fix stupid. But damn it you can troll it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
    I am a male white christian from the western world, and i have never been infracted for any of my posts. Just think before you write. And if you feel that the infraction wasn't appropiate read the forum rules. As far as I know you are able to complain about the infraction.

- - - Updated - - -

Hasn't to do with being hopeful at all. It is more about being more construnctive than destructive and doing one of those two things:
    Screaming foreigners out.
    Screaming you are a nazi omfg.
    And statistics in Austria right now are really hard to trust (because of the large amount in the internet and the work you need to see if it's useful or not; just believing every statistic you click on is really naive) just sayin.
    Age 21.
    How are people constructive when they deny problems that exist? If you deny something you can't try to fix it.

So you say the Austrian statistics are unreliable, but you have similar countries in the near area with very trustable statistics that are showing very large problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    The austrian article linked on that page states, that crimes done by Syrians and Iraqis are extremely low (proportionally lower than those of the Austrians).
    I can't see where this is said. Of course it's low when compared to the Austrian population, but do they compare amount of crimes versus how many there are in the country? I read it and can't find.

In any case what do you say about the afghanis?

Quote Originally Posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
    The EU has failed Austria in the refugee crisis. Austria and Germany took the bulk of these people and the rest of the EU did fuckall to help take people in.

People can cry "FASCISM!" all they want, it's a natural defense reaction to being exploited by an unwilling, incompetent and, ultimately, impotent EU.

So: borders closed, far right dude elected. Congratulations.
    Austria has basically taken nothing compared to the shit called Sweden. :P
    Last edited by Fojos; 2016-05-05 at 06:48 PM.

How are people constructive when they deny problems that exist? If you deny something you can't try to fix it.
    First of all discussing here will not really solve the problem. ( I have 8 refugees in a sports course I lead. I know that's not much but I'm actually trying to contribute to the only thing that will solve the problem over a long time: integration.)
    What I meant with being constructive is that people yelling: "OMG fucking foreigners destroy our country." or "All people who don't believe all refugees are nice are nazis." won't contribute anything to the solution of this problem. Also making stupid demos every week against each other (talking about left and right) is going to split the population, which will make the situation even worse.
    What I'm trying to get through is, instead of complaining about whatsoever people should start moving their asses. Get yourself in some kind of caritative institution and make yourself a picture about what is really going wrong instead of constantly trusting the media (again either left or right).
    Some of you guys would be really surprised.

PS: Again you have to be really careful when talking about evidence and statistics and denying problems. If you learnt statistics you probably may know there is a lot of possibility to make it biased. I won't say it's completely wrong, I'm just saying you can make numbers look really dramatic if you want to.

PS: Again you have to be really careful when talking about evidence and statistics and denying problems. If you learnt statistics you probably may know there is a lot of possibility to make it biased. I won't say it's completely wrong, I'm just saying you can make numbers look really dramatic if you want to.
    Of course it's possible to make it biased. But there is no bias in saying 26% of somalians committed crimes compared to 5% of the citizens (some somalians are citizens, and are included in the citizen-part).

These numbers are dramatic because they're real. If 1/4 of a group commit crimes it's a giant problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Julrusch View Post
    Given that migrants make up a small but growing proportion of Austria’s population, that they account for 44 per cent of all crime suggests they are grossly overrepresented in crime statistics. There is no clear distinction between, for instance refugees and regular migrants in the statistics — labelling all “outlanders”, or foreigners.
    That's because the pet groups of the "progressives" would show up as insanely overrepresented especially in sexual crime statistics.

About two years ago the crime statistics in Finland showed that immigrants (who so far only form a few percent of the population) or refugees with African or Middle Eastern background are 17 times more likely to commit a rape than native Finns -- and their rapes tend to be of the most violent type, and often gang rapes, which are practically unheard of among the natives. Women's safety and honor has been sacred here for as long as there's any recorded history.

Of course it's possible to make it biased. But there is no bias in saying 26% of somalians committed crimes compared to 5% of the citizens (some somalians are citizens, and are included in the citizen-part).

These numbers are dramatic because they're real. If 1/4 of a group commit crimes it's a giant problem.
    Of course you could make it biased by not telling if it were commited crimes or only complaints to the police (often used in those statistics as seen here in Austria with "Statistik Austria"). And the ethnicity won't necessarily be the reason, most of the time the missing integration lead those people into poverty and statistics also show that more crimes are commited by people living in poverty. You could now try to make a statistic about how many people above the poverty line are commiting crimes, but that would need a LOT of work.

I have three questions I would really like to hear an answer from you:
    In what kind of way are those numbers useful to you? Can you find a solution by looking at those numbers? If yes, what would your solution be?

After recent threads here on MMOC I was really looking forward to reading more about Romania, and more specifically the responses of local posters. I was disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hif View Post
    You dumbasses know that a German in Austria is a foreigner right? Fucking retards.

Infracted for flaming
    While this guy insulted people and got infracted and banned. His blunt point is well taken. Again the article leads with 44% foreigners, which can mean anyone outside of Austria. I know fucking hard to believe.

The first paragraph the article then goes into some Iraqi and thus targeting a specific group. Obviously Middle Eastern and more specifically Muslims. The article gives not credibility by stating facts about who and what foreigners are doing what crimes.

If this shit article actually gave actual stats to this problem I would have no objection to it.

You Austrians are just like Germans, no sense of humour. I was obviously taking the piss out of how PC the world is getting now.

10+ Year Old Account
    What most ppl here dont get is that the Austrian President, unlike the US or many other Presidents doesnt have many executive rights to begin with. He`s a glorified figurehead who can give advice to the government. The reason the Austrian ppl will vote for a Blue President is a hard and hurtful slap on the wrist directed at the government wich is ignoring the fears and sorrows of the citicens.

As the middle of Europe, Austria is and was always a country with immigrant presence on a wider scale than many other countrys and the coulture reflects that. The language, cooking, traditions, almost everything is or was influenced by migrants on one way or another.

The problem starts when the "live and let live" livestyle gets interupted by ppl. who refuse to adapt to this. Let me live my Life the way i want to and i wont interfere with the way you want to live your Life is a given here and the majority of ppl. embrace it. But when ppl. are told by someone they dont even know that theyr way of live is wrong, that all of my or others personal values make us an "infidel", ofc. ppl. get scared and angry about it.

Personally i dont trust statistics, but what i and other ppl. see on a day to day basis makes us worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    You putting so much emphasis on skin color or ethnicity. It was an attack helicopter that assaulted the slime boy. Not an iraqi assaulting a serbian boy.
    Typical swedes to think someone is racist for pointing out colour, even when colour, ethnicity, and culture should be the very key element of this discussion, you choose to avoid these important questions, and anyone who dares to point it out is a "Racist." .... When will people learn?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehija View Post
    What most ppl here dont get is that the Austrian President, unlike the US or many other Presidents doesnt have many executive rights to begin with. He`s a glorified figurehead who can give advice to the government. The reason the Austrian ppl will vote for a Blue President is a hard and hurtful slap on the wrist directed at the government wich is ignoring the fears and sorrows of the citicens.
    Purely theoretically, he could cause re-elections to happen, which - as it stands - the FPÖ could very well win. It would be a huge gamble for them, though, so I suppose he would probably keep his head down for a while and not rush things.
    I think the main difference between Hofer and Van der Bellen will be how a government in two years might look like, since under the latter, we won't get a blue-lead government no matter what (unless he changes his mind).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehija View Post
    The problem starts when the "live and let live" livestyle gets interupted by ppl. who refuse to adapt to this. Let me live my Life the way i want to and i wont interfere with the way you want to live your Life is a given here and the majority of ppl. embrace it. But when ppl. are told by someone they dont even know that theyr way of live is wrong, that all of my or others personal values make us an "infidel", ofc. ppl. get scared and angry about it.
    Well i kind of agree to this, though i don´t know of anyone that something like this has happened to. I have the feeling that most of the problems the FPÖ feast on are entirely made up, hearsay at best and selfmade at worst (which is an accomplishment).

What i also don´t get is that people then turn to a party that by definition isn´t a "live and let live" proponent.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    What i also don´t get is that people then turn to a party that by definition isn´t a "live and let live" proponent.
    I agree with this. Even though the FPÖ isn't as upfront about it in some cases, they are far from a "live and let live"-party. Not even only when it comes to migration/refugees.
    They are problably one of the parties that actually want to tell people what is right or wrong the most.

But it's just like with the US republicans: Some fear mongering and pushing the right buttons with people will get them all riled up about some issues (but not others) and cause them to vote for you.
    Now, I am not saying that everyone who votes for them does it because they don't do much research (that's obviously not the case when you get like 30% of all votes), but it's hard to deny that their populistic approach tends to score well with a certain demographic.

Deleted
    This is oddly like the part where finns who were against the immigrants where labled as a vocal minority untill someone actually researched it and came back with a staggering 80 % being against it. The study included around 20000 people as well. Funny how the loud mouthed minority always get their way by labling the opposition as the loud minority isn't it?