Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Again, I've been talking about NA servers. I don't really care about EU servers as I don't know much about them besides that many TCG mounts/pets weren't duped over there and thus the prices are far fucking higher. So run along and play, I'm done with you.
    no i mentioned tarren mill FIRST, you decided to bring up illidan, you can't quote someone talking about an EU realm and go NO IM QUOTING YOU ABOUT MY US REALM THIS IS NOW ABOUT US REALMS NOT EU, you fucking quoted me i simply quoted you about how much gold players have no realms we're mentioned till i said so.

as i said, try pay fucking attention and you won't look so fucking clueless.

p.s want me to private message you a picture of me making an obscene hand gesture at you in front of my monitor on my spider mount when legion goes live? xD
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2016-05-08 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    no i mentioned tarren mill FIRST, you decided to bring up illidan, you can't quote someone talking about an EU realm and go NO IM QUOTING YOU ABOUT MY US REALM THIS IS NOW ABOUT US REALMS NOT EU, you fucking quoted me i simply quoted you about how much gold players have no realms we're mentioned till i said so.

as i said, try pay fucking attention and you won't look so fucking clueless.
    Sorry I don't know the name of every EU server? Get over yourself buddy. Just because someone makes a mistake does not make them clueless. Clueless would be refusing to look into it and correct themselves. I corrected myself and I'm talking about NA servers. So drop it already.

I don't care if 2mil is too much for some people. That doesn't mean there is some grand conspiracy to force people to buy 50 WoW tokens and spend 1000$ for a mount. Thats ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I don't care if 2mil is too much for some people. That doesn't mean there is some grand conspiracy to force people to buy 50 WoW tokens and spend 1000$ for a mount. Thats ridiculous.
    Yeah I don't think it is some grand conspiracy or anything. I do think there will be some rumbling from returning/newer players when they see what gold tokens are worth and the prices of those things.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah and those players will see what tokens are like and will raise some hell. Great way to piss off a player base that is returning, but boo hoo don't worry about trying to make the game healthy or anything.

*sigh* There are so many reasons why you can't have a productive discussion on these forums. Your last line just reinforces that.
    I guess it would, if your "discussion" was actually productive and not just "WHY CAN'T EVERYONE GET EVERYTHING" and just a veiled attempt to complain about WoW tokens.

and I'm talking about NA servers. So drop it already.
    there we go again, quoting me first NO IM TALKING ABOUT NA SERVERS NOW THIS IS ABOUT NA SERVERS, ok man you just decide when you quote people the special "rules" we must follow.

do you go into mage class forums and go, NO THIS IS ABOUT WARRIORS NOW IM TALKING ABOUT WARRIORS.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I don't think it is some grand conspiracy or anything. I do think there will be some rumbling from returning/newer players when they see what gold tokens are worth and the prices of those things.
    they best not go near the bmah either then, they won't like those prices either.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    I guess it would, if your "discussion" was actually productive and not just "WHY CAN'T EVERYONE GET EVERYTHING" and just a veiled attempt to complain about WoW tokens.
    I never said "why can't everyone get everything"... Just because you don't like what I said or how I said it does not mean I was trying to say something like that.

You are just trying to put words in my mouth and twist things around to win some internet debate here. I'll just post some feedback on the Alpha forums about a newer player/returning player perspective and go that route. I don't believe they should be affordable by everyone but I do think they should be reasonable in price for a fair majority of the playerbase.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to get the mount right away, don't see the issue. Just save up and chill the fuck out really.

You're stilling making a correlation between tokens and the price of the mount which is what I find ridiculous. Of all the mounts in the game, I don't think a 2million gold one is the one you NEED.

Lol, if one expensive mount makes you stop playing this game, I don't think the issue you have with the game isn't the mount or the price lol.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Can anyone who leveled to 110 in the Alpha tell me how much gold he made doing that?
    I'm late to the party, but here goes.
    I made about 10-12K from leveling and selling stuff. I think I've maxed out about six characters.
    There're world quests that give less than a hundred gold, at most a few hundred. Mission tables also give less than 100 gold so far.

IMO these prices are strictly for us whales. This isn't feasible for token sellers.
    And if you want to make gold, do professions. It's a LOT more difficult to obtain resources and learning recipes is much more hands on (sources from raid bosses, reps, etc).

Feel free to ask other questions on this particular subject.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    So people complain that gold is too easy to get and they can buy everything they want. They add a mount that's expensive and everyone goes apeshit. I don't get it. People want rewards that are hard to get/a long grind and when they add something everyone suddenly goes into their casual mindset of wanting things easily.

Does it really surprise anyone that Blizzard doesn't listen to their community?

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    You just proved my point that you can't make the rich poor with a cosmetic mount. They just won't buy it or only when they are so rich that even 2 million are pocket change for them. Rich players don't get rich by spending careless. So the won't ruin themself over a cosmetic item.
    Exactly this, they would take more gold out overall selling it at 300k, because more people would buy it and more people could. They still do not understand rich players. If there were hard time limits on things it may be another story, but that would cause other problems.

Pretty bad way of managing gold levels. Make items cost prohibitively high and people just won't buy them, and the people who have enough gold that they wouldn't miss those levels of gold likely aren't the same people who'd even want the item in the first place.

Seems like a much better way to take gold out of the economy would be to allow people to circumvent restrictions in learning Transmogs by paying a gold value for each item their class can't learn. That way people with items they can't give to an alt to learn the appearance of can spend some gold to do so, and with the amount of items in the game, that's a lot of potential gold.

Lots of smaller gold sinks are surely more effective than singular gigantic gold sinks, aren't they?

Sadly I think it's just Bliz looking at TCG prices and saying why don't we do that for the same price? But, the game already has a BMAH that does that with a new gold limit, so this will only look like a money grab because of Tokens.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Pretty bad way of managing gold levels. Make items cost prohibitively high and people just won't buy them, and the people who have enough gold that they wouldn't miss those levels of gold likely aren't the same people who'd even want the item in the first place.

Seems like a much better way to take gold out of the economy would be to allow people to circumvent restrictions in learning Transmogs by paying a gold value for each item their class can't learn. That way people with items they can't give to an alt to learn the appearance of can spend some gold to do so, and with the amount of items in the game, that's a lot of potential gold.

Lots of smaller gold sinks are surely more effective than singular gigantic gold sinks, aren't they?
    I would agree that multiple gold sinks would do a better job. If they put out 10 unique monuts at 100k a pop, I'd spend a million with a smile on my face. 1 mount for 1m, not so much
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    I would agree that multiple gold sinks would do a better job. If they put out 10 unique monuts at 100k a pop, I'd spend a million with a smile on my face. 1 mount for 1m, not so much
    Aye. I bought the TCG mounts from the Auction House a few months ago. I think it totaled around 730,000g for eight mounts (but possibly more), but I bought them because I figured I'd make the gold back during WoD's run, and individually they weren't too too expensive.

If any one mount cost that, I'd have laughed and left.

If any one mount cost that and I didn't realistically expect gold to be easy to come by for future, potentially more "important" gold sinks, I definitely would have given up entirely.

People tend to spend currency more when they expect it will be easy enough, if time consuming, to come by and replace what they spend. 2 million is an amount a lot of players only saw in WoD, due to the Garrisons. I see it as being highly unlikely first-time gold cappers would be willing to part with their gold for such things when gold will be harder to come by in Legion- so an abundance of smaller gold sinks strikes me as more effective than a single big one.

Paying $1,000 for a crate of beer or $1,000 for a variety of drinks picked out by the buyer, I think a lot of people would go for the second option. Hell, look at iTunes and stuff; people are less willing to spend $20 on an album with a bunch of songs and one or two they really like than they are willing to spend the same amount on individual songs they can choose from multiple albums.

Psychologically, one purchase for a huge amount is going to be harder for people to make than a bunch of smaller purchases at the same amount.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    you wait... you think this is bad? If the new cap for players is 10 million gold, my biggest concern is that the BMAH cap will also be increased to 10 million gold. I know no one cares, but it will be on that day that I will be permanently retiring from wow.
    Well cya in advance!

At current gold value it's the equivalent of Blizzard selling a $900 store mount, I think that is absolutely crazy. It's not really comparable to a TCG mount because those are limited quantity rare mounts, this is just an unlimited quantity direct access ingame gold sink. I was very outspoken about my dislike to Blizzard selling Mythic gear on the BMAH at the start of WOD, my views towards pay to win have not changed, but what has changed since then is the introduction of an official pay to win method.

Unfortunately this 2mil/$900 just further reinforces what Blizzard is ultimately doing, which is to create additional revenue via token sales, they can sell a $900 mount for gold, if they did the same thing and put it on the store for even half that people would lose their minds..
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Do people really think that Blizzard is attempting to sell a 900-1000$ mount?