Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really a fan of the direction gold sinks are going in. I feel gold should purchase easy access to otherwise difficult to obtain cosmetics (and obviously BoE drops and crafted gear), rather than unique exclusive mounts etc that will simply be realistically unobtainable (outside of gold buying) for the average player.
    It's such a mocking way of showing off, like grats you've got a lot of RL cash. It helps fester a negative toxic attitude that Blizz should really be wanting to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    But at least the Yak DID something. This one doesn't. It's just a mount.
    Yeah, that's a bit of letdown. It does one thing though, it scares some arachnophobes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by llubtoille View Post
    I'm not really a fan of the direction gold sinks are going in. I feel gold should purchase easy access to otherwise difficult to obtain cosmetics (and obviously BoE drops and crafted gear), rather than unique exclusive mounts etc that will simply be realistically unobtainable (outside of gold buying) for the average player.
    It's such a mocking way of showing off, like grats you've got a lot of RL cash. It helps fester a negative toxic attitude that Blizz should really be wanting to avoid.
    Or it shows that person is better at making money in game, cuz 2m is obtainable amount of gold in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    You forget that inflation rate is huge this time...
    It's like we are paying the price of WoD for 4 years, 2 expansion. Who came up with the awesome idea that garrisons should puke out this amount of gold? Blizz. Who let it continue for 2 years? Blizz. They could've easily solved the issue with 6.1. Not just nerf it a bit. Why didn't they do it? Rhetorical question.

And again: if WoD has had 10 million players, and now we have 3.5-4 million (overestimate), how is it fair for the 6 million people who left a god awful expansion? Isn't it weird to punish the entire playerbase for it?
    I wouldn't say a word if people would report that Legion has good money reward for activities, and the 2 million is achievable from 0 in about half year - 9 months time from only Legion gold. But it's not the case as I'm seeing it.

Or it shows that person is better at making money in game, cuz 2m is obtainable amount of gold in WoD.
    We are talking about LEGION. WoD should be long forgotten and buried by that point when I open the vendor frame in Legion. It's like saying a mount in Legion required the netherwing rep. Many has it from bc, whats the problem? The problem is an expansion should target current options when requiring something from the player. Not past things.

Blizz said that the universal currency is gold. And then they fucked it up. Now we have to pay the price for it Don' you see the problem with this?
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-05-08 at 09:25 AM.

oh no... i cant get a single mount out of 400+ mounts...

legion is shit.... oh no....

Why not make the mount 9 million gold? Those super rich could still buy it...

If you counter argument, you can write the same for 2 million and just talk about the financial top 5% and not the top 0.1% of the players.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    It's like we are paying the price of WoD for 4 years, 2 expansion. Who came up with the awesome idea that garrisons should puke out this amount of gold? Blizz. Who let it continue for 2 years? Blizz. They could've easily solved the issue with 6.1. Not just nerf it a bit. Why didn't they do it? Rhetorical question.
    They actually nerfed garrisons in WoD, originally garrisons were producing MUCH MORE gold.

And again: if WoD has had 10 million players, and now we have 3.5-4 million (overestimate), how is it fair for the 6 million people who left a god awful expansion? Isn't it weird to punish the entire playerbase for it?
    I wouldn't say a word if people would report that Legion has good money reward for activities, and the 2 million is achievable from 0 in about half year - 9 months time from only Legion gold. But it's not the case as I'm seeing it.
    Not everything should be fair, there's nothing wrong w/ not being able to buy something in game straight away.

They actually nerfed garrisons in WoD, originally garrisons were producing MUCH MORE gold.

Not everything should be fair, there's nothing wrong w/ not being able to buy something in game straight away.
    Did you even read what I wrote? Seems like you didn't.
    I said they should have solved the garrison gold problem with 6.1, not just nerf it. Which you then repeated for whatever reason.
    And I said I wouldn't say a word if people would report that legion actually gives out enough gold for you to be able to buy the mount in 6-9 months. Where did I say straight away?
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-05-08 at 09:31 AM.

I did. You and I dun share the same pov, it doesn't mean that I didn't read what you wrote.

I didn't address your "nerf a bit" part of your post, cuz they nerfed them significantly.

I said they should have solved the garrison gold problem with 6.1, not just nerf it. Which you then repeated for whatever reason.
    And I said I wouldn't say a word if people would report that legion actually gives out enough gold for you to be able to buy the mount in 6-9 months. Where did I say straight away?
    considering that you could easily get 2m gold in WoD in 6-9 months

im sure youll be fine

If its just another reskin wolf i wouldnt care, but yeah spider mount seem unique. Hopefully theres a cheaper recolour equivalent

You forget that inflation rate is huge this time...
    Would you say "2m is the new mammoth" huge?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/vah81bE.jpg

Will Legion give so much gold during leveling and questing and class hall quests and world quests that 2 million gold would be something even a casual player can reach in a month or so?
    Wait a minute here....
    Why does it always have to be achieved within a few weeks? Would it be so bad to take a year? Or even throughout the whole expansion to get to it? And since it's a vendor, the items will likely not go away. Can still buy from TBC til WoD from all vendors.

While I think how 2 mio gold is a crazy large figure, there's absolutely nothing wrong with stuff in the game that might just take you a year or two to accomplish...

As for the garrisons and the gold inflation mentioned times and again..
    They are not the reason for the problem at the core.
    If anything then the problem comes from all service sellers, be it raids, bgs, rbgs, tanking, healing, cms you name it.
    it strikes me odd how so many have a problem with people making gold from garrisons, while at the same time barely anyone bitches when raid clears cost a half mio gold, and that isn't even the top price. A full mything HFC clear costs about 1 mio gold. Why would that be so different of a gold hoarding?
    At the end of the day it boils down to one single denominator, TIME..
    Whether you raid, do BGs, Arena, what not, even garrison tending. Everybody invests the same thing, and that is time.
    So, don't be hatin on those garrison perfectionists, they aren't the only ones making gold. And unlike others, they don't make their gold at your expense.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    In Legion you'll easily be able to make 2 million within the first couple of months from selling crafted items, players / guilds with millions of gold will be paying over the top prices to get raid ready.

Quote Originally Posted by llubtoille View Post
    Mounts are cosmetic though. Why can't cosmetics be gold sinks?

I did. You and I dun share the same pov, it doesn't mean that I didn't read what you wrote.

I didn't address your "nerf a bit" part of your post, cuz they nerfed them significantly.
    Significantly. People leveled up 20-30 alts solely to farm garrisons. So it means it was not nerfed enough. If people are sitting on 10-30 million gold after a year of 6.1, it means it was not nerfed enough. Even if they halved the income (with only 7 garrisons this seems about right as I experienced) it was still not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    In Legion you'll easily be able to make 2 million within the first couple of months from selling crafted items, players / guilds with millions of gold will be paying over the top prices to get raid ready.
    I reside on a now low-med (normally med) pop realm with only 2 guilds like that. But the thing is, garrisons also generated a lot of max level alts with max professions. That means everyone will craft for themselves. We will see.
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-05-08 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Mounts are cosmetic though. Why can't cosmetics be gold sinks?
    They can but they don't work as such since the amount of gold you take out of the system that way is irrelevant small. Gold rich players will not make themself poor because they can't resist to buy overpriced cosmetic items. That's not how you get rich, stay rich and the whole gold system works. The only gold sinks that work are mandatory ones (repair costs) and inflation (gold only with 1/xx that it was before).
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Significantly. People leveled up 20-30 alts solely to farm garrisons. So it means it was not nerfed enough.
    It was nerfed enough. It has a diminishing return implemented, and you might be better off on time investment with 15 toons than with 30 toons. At the end of the month, and that is the keyword there, month, you make just roughly the exact same amount of gold with 15 as with 30.
    And the mechanic is account wide. So, in the event that you have a second copy active, these toons are effected as well.
    There's no 10 - 30 million from the garrison within 1 year.
    As of right now you can make about 300 - 400k a month, depending a bit on rng. Toon count between said 15 - 30.. no significant difference.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Significantly. People leveled up 20-30 alts solely to farm garrisons. So it means it was not nerfed enough. If people are sitting on 10-30 million gold after a year of 6.1, it means it was not nerfed enough. Even if they halved the income (with only 7 garrisons this seems about right as I experienced) it was still not enough.
    Originally average player didn't need so many alts to farm gold. All alts were equal, so they all produced huge amount of gold. Even having 2-3 alts was fine for an average player to get a lot of gold People started creating numerous new alts after garrison nerfs, so the number of alts could compensate for the loss of productivity per alt.

The only way to prevent it would be to nerf garrisons to the ground, like no gold missions, no salvage yard boxes, but that would prematurely kill garrisons. They are doing so in Legion though, cuz garrisons will become an outdated content.
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-05-08 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    It was nerfed enough. It has a diminishing return implemented, and you might be better off on time investment with 15 toons than with 30 toons. At the end of the month, and that is the keyword there, month, you make just roughly the exact same amount of gold with 15 as with 30.
    And the mechanic is account wide. So, in the event that you have a second copy active, these toons are effected as well.
    There's no 10 - 30 million from the garrison within 1 year.
    As of right now you can make about 300 - 400k a month, depending a bit on rng. Toon count between said 15 - 30.. no significant difference.
    Yeah that sounds about right, I make 300-350k a month. But then again I only do it on one account 7 garrisons, while when you go to a garrison topic, people claim to make 20-30k a day solely from missions after the nerf. Then you start to wonder......................

The only way to prevent it would be to nerf garrisons to the ground, like no gold missions, no salvage yard boxes, but that would prematurely kill garrisons. They are doing so in Legion though, cuz garrisons will become an outdated content.
    i mean we have devs sitting in their offices, I'm sure they made some simulations regards gold income with garrisons, and they kinda knew it? How did we get treasure hunters? An expansion that has no content, but pukes out gold, isn't it a bit too coincident-y to not be an intended thing? They let it roll till it was convenient for them (no content WoD) but in legion they suddenly want to solve this problem. Aha.
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-05-08 at 10:04 AM.

Yeah that sounds about right, I make 300-350k a month. But then again I only do it on one account 7 garrisons, while when you go to a garrison topic, people claim to make 20-30k a day solely from missions after the nerf. Then you start to wonder......................
    Many people like to exaggerate. There're people who claim making 100k/day.