Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Wow. 9 people didn't understand the question. It isn't a Put your hand up if you HAVE recieved a wow beta invite thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    wait for the PTR and try class changes there? 7.0 will be there soon enough and it comes with those changes.
    That is my last resort. But I have been informed that you don't get to try max level in the ptr.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    The problem with using the PTR to test how specs will play, though, is that you won't have max-level things, in this case artifact traits or PvP talents, which can significantly alter how you play. Although it's certainly still good for getting a general feel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never have and probably never will.

I'll watch gameplay vids, level alts, and try a different MMO in the meantime.

10+ Year Old Account
    MOP doesn't count so fucking never.

I didn't get a WoD beta but apparently I'm in Legion despite not receiving an email.

Everybody else:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souflikar View Post
    I did NOT opt in for Legion.
    You don't opt in per expansion, you opt in for games (WoW, Diablo, etc)

I own every single blizzard game ever created and have all the CD-keys uploaded to my Blizzard account. Still, I never received a beta invite to any of their games. First I thought they would consider how many games you own already when they send out invites, but seems like they don't.

Never in this life or..

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I want to try Beta for class specs that are being reworked to see if its a class that I want to invest in. As is I will prob push my fire mage and frost dk as the front runners but love to try out pirate roguery and healing priest.

As is #nobetaclub

Me. I've been invited to MOP Beta only and only in one of last waves, despite of fact, that in Annual Pass agreement, I've signed, Blizzard stated, that I'd have Beta access, as soon, as Beta would be started.

But I actually don't need Beta access. I understand, that Beta - isn't early access. For example MOP Beta was completely unplayable due to client crashes every minute. I'd better continue moving towards my goal - to play all specs before they'll be completely ruined by Legion pruning. I missed opportunity to play "Classic" specs back in WotLK - I don't want to miss it now.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2016-05-13 at 06:17 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Beta isn't all it is cracked up to be. Why do you want to play it so early? Why do you want to burn yourself out now, months before the real thing comes out?
    I need to see something else besides bloody Draenor now I'm also interested in the changes to destro lock, and I'd like to try it out for myself, rather than having to read about it. I do appreciate the effort people put into writing about class changes, but I want to get my hands on it as well, as I learn best by doing, not reading.

The only beta I've been invited to was MoP due to the annual pass. I despise the fact that you don't even need an active account to get beta invite, and those people who did get invited, but don't want to play -_-
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by addlemanc View Post
    That is my last resort. But I have been informed that you don't get to try max level in the ptr.
    Afaik, PTR always comes with a max level premade option and an option to copy characters from live. It would be pretty pointless to put up max level things to test and then not allow players to easily get to max level to test said content. I think you're confused with the fact that beta doesn't have an option to instantly get to 110, as the current focus is on leveling. That, or the fact that character copy is currently disabled.

Never got a beta invite for WoW. But I did receive a beta invite for Heroes of the Storm and Hearthstone, this was at the time my computer was severely undertuned. And my guess is that if your computer sucks, the more likely you'll get an invite as Blizzard wants to test your machine if it is still "doable" to play the game on it.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's really not as great as it seems. The beta is usually several builds behind what they are currently on and buggy as crap with bugs they have already fixed. Also, they aren't going to change things based on feedback at that point unless it is a big deal. Broken shit will taint your impression of the expac as you obsess over things that were changed or unfinished.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, a (mostly) polished version of the expansion will be much more impressive than what you would see in beta.

Been playing since 2008 so for 8 years on my main account although I had an account 1 year earlier, was in the last 2 beta but no invite to this one yet. I also was in diablo 3 beta, hearthstone beta, heroes of the storm beta and overwatch open beta weekends. For some reason I was kinda expecting to get a beta invite since I have been in many of the last betas.

Deleted
    I was in the closed beta for vanilla, been subed since day 1, never been invited to a beta. I managed to wrangle myself to a WotlK key and Cata key through outside sources but I've never actually been invited.

10+ Year Old Account
    BC and Wotlk beta. I think I got invites to Cata but never actually played it.

Deleted
    Was in TBC and WotLK Beta. One of the first people to ever fly in WoW as I levelled a druid in the TBC beta. Needless to say, Flying was really buggy back in TBC beta

Quote Originally Posted by Souflikar View Post
    I got the invite today but I'm not going to use it. Afraid of burn-out before the release and I want to enjoy a full working game. If I could, I would happily give it to someone who would enjoy it. Be nice if they could just give keys so they could be giving away if someone like myself didn't need one.
    Imagine /2 WTS BETA KEY 2M GOLD

10+ Year Old Account
    I got into Cata beta, tried a few things out I wanted too, tested some specs I hadn't tried with the premade character feature. I think I probably got into MoP one through the annual pass but didn't play it, I don't opt in for the Beta any more.