10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Blizzard actually added pet tracking timers to the player frame already, his looks like its just piggybacking off of that to make it more visible since the default one uses those tiny circles that are incredibly hard to see.

Elvui has basically the same thing built in already as well.
    Yup, Jessikas comments seem pretty harsh considering I actually am taking almost all of the information from what's already presented in the base UI. Most of the Pet Timers, Cooldown Timers, and resource display are little pulled from the in game API's (which are displayed in a pretty solid way already) and just centralized and made bigger due to my preference.

Also this isn't Blizzard QA making an addon its me, in my free time, because I enjoy customizing my UI and playing the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinnin View Post
    Yup, Jessikas comments seem pretty harsh considering I actually am taking almost all of the information from what's already presented in the base UI. Most of the Pet Timers, Cooldown Timers, and resource display are little pulled from the in game API's (which are displayed in a pretty solid way already) and just centralized and made bigger due to my preference.

Also this isn't Blizzard QA making an addon its me, in my free time, because I enjoy customizing my UI and playing the game.

I'd seen a number of complaints about the visibility and usability of the new in game versions; particularly regarding which pets are buffed, which seems to be something your own addon seems to try to cover.

Harsh or not, there's clearly holes in the UI that you feel needed filling and took it upon yourself to do so. I just felt it particularly ironic that this was the case given firstly some of the issues raised with old Demo regarding addon requirements, and second your own current position. Really, it's given me a good few giggles today.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-05-13 at 04:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I'd seen a number of complaints about the visibility and usability of the new in game versions; particularly regarding which pets are buffed, which seems to be something your own addon seems to try to cover.

Harsh or not, there's clearly holes in the UI that you feel needed filling and took it upon yourself to do so. I just felt it particularly ironic that this was the case given firstly some of the issues raised with old Demo regarding addon requirements, and your own current position. Really, it's given me a good few giggles today.
    I've seen similar complaints about default DoT timers, proc alerts, or basically whatever players find important in their rotation. Addons are allowed for a reason. I don't think its fair to attack the UI as being pet unfriendly, when it does a pretty awesome job at displaying the information you need to play the spec. I've played the spec without an addon most likely more than anybody without any issues; as far as tracking what pets are buffed, that's one of the things I build and then rarely use due to it not mattering in normal gameplay. If you were going to buff a specific pet, you do it when you summon it anyways, very rarely does a reminder if you buffed or not become relevant.

I build and would build a similar addon / weakauras (and have for years) for all specs, due to my preferences on how information is displayed, and the level of knowledge I want displayed to me. I don't personally find the default UI lacking when it comes to Demo; most the information that I want isn't relevant to the decisions you should be making as a player, they are usually just there to help diagnose what i've done wrong, or messed up.

10+ Year Old Account

Lurking like a ninja here; delurking after much reading...

First I love the zPets addon; and second, I think that if you include this pet information in the base UI you will confuse new players. I know that sounds silly, but you cannot overwhelm a user with data. I work in the science field, and if our UIs get too far afield from basic information, or outside a scientists realm of expertise - it pisses them off and makes a bad experience. Simplicity is the best thing, and those that want more information on the screen, or have it positioned differently should seek it as a layer of icing on their cake. That being said, you cannot possibly please everyone, especially people who have had deep emotional connections with problems in the past. Those folks you just need to let go, and count on the NEW customers feedback as the focus.

zPets gives you advanced data, and advanced data is not for all people. I know some would consider this data basic, but I would say look in the mirror and ask yourself "Am I an advanced player, or someone who has come to the table for the first time?"

For first time players, I believe the UI is in the right spot.

Also, this brings me to the next question: is this spec one of the most difficult specs in Legion to play? I didn't find it that bad, but I'm hearing some say that to play it optimally it is going to be like herding cats riding dogs in a hurricane of bears. True? False? Not sure what to say.

Second thought: is there a good rotation worked out yet?
    Last edited by Leyl; 2016-05-13 at 06:39 PM.
    #SargerasIsComingToSaveUs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post

Harsh or not, there's clearly holes in the UI that you feel needed filling and took it upon yourself to do so. I just felt it particularly ironic that this was the case given firstly some of the issues raised with old Demo regarding addon requirements, and second your own current position. Really, it's given me a good few giggles today.
    The point of the base UI is to give you enough to make it reasonably playable without turning this into something you see in a frikkin' Bloomberg channel.

If you want to slap alerts and bullshit all over the screen, then it's on you already. You have the tools...

Anyone heard/seen anything regarding Pet/Guardian AI, if we'll be able to get the demo pets to swap targets ? one of my current main concerns regardin demo.. While we've got demonbolt and artefact power if it's off cooldown, it feels like we'll be fairly restricted when it comes to prio add target dmg :-/

I've been working on a Demonology / Warlock addon for awhile now, I think its sturdy enough for people to try it out. I would love some feedback on it from people that are in the Beta. zPets

Zinnin, can something be added to this addon? Like a damage boost tracker for Doom if you are wearing Kazzak's final curse? Just as a way to track when your doom did it's highest damage based on how many demons you had up.

Thanks for your hard work with the addon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Walterion View Post
    Zinnin, can something be added to this addon? Like a damage boost tracker for Doom if you are wearing Kazzak's final curse? Just as a way to track when your doom did it's highest damage based on how many demons you had up.

Thanks for your hard work with the addon.
    I've thought about it, but those don't really change your decisions in combat, its just feelgood noise on the screen. If you want my addon has all the variables you'd need to make a weak aura to tell you that; but I don't think i'd add it to the addon.

Edit:
    I made a couple quick weak auras to show Demonbolt / Doom buff values, these will likely break in the next release of zPets because i'm going to rename the variables to make sure they don't collide with other addons, but it's an example of what you can do yourself with the zPets + weak auras.
    Demonbolt:
    Code:
    duZaeaGlPuBdsA2qmFPq3MGDcjSxKDt0(vJskAyqk)gO7jfmyQHJkEmkDkPKJjvDobKUmOXjvSybklhflsG0QeOAzckpxOMOGOPIQMmHMoPtlQxjG4zcQUUiBuG4BcPndW2fG6VsL6ZcX0Ge9DbqRtaYtHA0OsJxQKljG6wccxtq68qQwPKddOxlam1t8ewGWIewK4jSyoMdcq05HDPeoWSeMnfRGc8WUucdijz1mOSzRR9EVZa2CGklysQ7BSHTmJSvUq51EV379EJaYcezlau5UBy3SztoqLfmj1G3oSw7aPVDyTcEpAO16AV379EVzGAIr2mOHekakdgiIgq7G2UTaqLBRR9EV379gkfV279gkfV279(AV37R9EVV279(6IWmWizqjp6CGewHDPeolZA3SGcCqGkuKqrpHvMCKiqgINWk6CGeMnfRGceMnfRGcDZnlcjSMfGIeMnfRGcegqsYQzqzZwx79ENbS5avwWKu33ydBzgzRCHYR9EV379MbQjg5wzsWR9EVHiXWR9EV379MbQjg5gaqKy41EV3qP4fukEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDry2uSck0TIohiHJvGAkMWSCHSbaHtCebQqsjCsQm5irGmepHztXkOaHVUaKKSAgu2S11EVZa2CGklysQ7BSHTmJSvUq51EV379EZa1eJCdaism8AV3Bism8AV379EVzGAIrUvMe8AV3BOu8ckfVUUUUUUUUUUUUUUiLWbywu5sbjA4D6eTpkQO1hTt4DqRdbieOevcltc8m5irGmXek6jmxyocxLccQrdn0WJgAN(ordpuu7rLaecugOeols4qcfaLbder3bMWiGafjEclMbaiZMqu0jEclKq0mXtkPeMbebs8ewiHOzINusjmdqwiXtyHeIMjEsjLWkqeOujEclKq0mXtkPegaqwndkjEclKq0mXtkPKskHJjCyT7BJw7(OeoGju0JYW6jLia
    Doom:
    Code:
    duJpeaGlPsBtjMnHMVsk3Mi7ujP9ISBQA)WOKOgMeACkf3tcmyXWjWHvQoLuXXiLZPu6VkP6NkjCAPSCuzrujzvuP4XOQNtftKkPMkrnzs10PSmuQEfvICzvUUK2ivQEgkPntITtLO(gj10ijFwI8DQe6PQADujy0e04LGUevkDlukxtQ68OeRuXRvs0VrXKgjtVe960RtY0R3CeiUZI8vOrVB5PNV6ymsYxHg9kvpV1y8L7GbbbbPPGi4mEMQ3qWAfG4BIiMWZJbbbbbbbbrKHFxerA3eIuas5YLfCgpt1BUPBX(oiUKw3I9DCJwXIDWGGGGGGGGWDwLZx2vUMHrYfqCv3Us7MWoyqqqqqqqqoVogeeeKZRJbbbbbdccccgeeeemiiiiyWqplRqrX5mYD2wu33Z6g2zFrtBZsVAvKcBQ2qFZ3S15zKeiE2PtRQrVX1kv64iz6nweC0ZxDmgj65RogJ06glco6DSDR6qpVWJFL0xfOVBh98vhJrIELQN3Am(YDWGGGG0uqeCgpt1BiyTcq8nret45XGGGGGGGGWDwLZJyC1ddcccYj6Cyqqqqqqqq4oRY5ru2fDomiiiiNxhZ51XGbdgmyWGbdgmyWGbd98vhJrADHn9JERjD6Krp3vQX4LzrWrVDfA07InDti5EVgRlB12Y62nQ10yF7cPWMQf69vjzUwPshNdTQg9nD6DndJeIBPx41kj0i3xu33ZQ6(nABuZA)I2cPWMQT0x4kuuCoJCVV4YIkvl9f16vVOUOksHnvBPxKzxNKPxVPO04RIglKm9svrRrYKrg9C78hjtVuv0AKmzKrphJ4rY0lvfTgjtgz0B7IN3iz6LQIwJKjJm6v25TgJNKPxQkAnsMmYiJ(Q34ALkDCKm98vhJrIEmyuQEERX4l3bdcccstbrWz8mvVHG1kaX3ermHNhdcccccccc3zvopIYUOZHbbbb5eDomiiiiiiiiCNv58igx9WGGGGCEDmNxhdgmyWGbdgmyWGbdgmKrg9o0ZExTUf7QPMExMwvtf7AKrea
    Last edited by Zinnin; 2016-05-14 at 06:06 PM.

I've thought about it, but those don't really change your decisions in combat, its just feelgood noise on the screen. If you want my addon has all the variables you'd need to make a weak aura to tell you that; but I don't think i'd add it to the addon.

Edit:
    I made a couple quick weak auras to show Demonbolt / Doom buff values, these will likely break in the next release of zPets because i'm going to rename the variables to make sure they don't collide with other addons, but it's an example of what you can do yourself with the zPets + weak auras.
    Demonbolt:
    Code:
    duZaeaGlPuBdsA2qmFPq3MGDcjSxKDt0(vJskAyqk)gO7jfmyQHJkEmkDkPKJjvDobKUmOXjvSybklhflsG0QeOAzckpxOMOGOPIQMmHMoPtlQxjG4zcQUUiBuG4BcPndW2fG6VsL6ZcX0Ge9DbqRtaYtHA0OsJxQKljG6wccxtq68qQwPKddOxlam1t8ewGWIewK4jSyoMdcq05HDPeoWSeMnfRGc8WUucdijz1mOSzRR9EVZa2CGklysQ7BSHTmJSvUq51EV379EJaYcezlau5UBy3SztoqLfmj1G3oSw7aPVDyTcEpAO16AV379EVzGAIr2mOHekakdgiIgq7G2UTaqLBRR9EV379gkfV279gkfV279(AV37R9EVV279(6IWmWizqjp6CGewHDPeolZA3SGcCqGkuKqrpHvMCKiqgINWk6CGeMnfRGceMnfRGcDZnlcjSMfGIeMnfRGcegqsYQzqzZwx79ENbS5avwWKu33ydBzgzRCHYR9EV379MbQjg5wzsWR9EVHiXWR9EV379MbQjg5gaqKy41EV3qP4fukEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDry2uSck0TIohiHJvGAkMWSCHSbaHtCebQqsjCsQm5irGmepHztXkOaHVUaKKSAgu2S11EVZa2CGklysQ7BSHTmJSvUq51EV379EZa1eJCdaism8AV3Bism8AV379EVzGAIrUvMe8AV3BOu8ckfVUUUUUUUUUUUUUUiLWbywu5sbjA4D6eTpkQO1hTt4DqRdbieOevcltc8m5irGmXek6jmxyocxLccQrdn0WJgAN(ordpuu7rLaecugOeols4qcfaLbder3bMWiGafjEclMbaiZMqu0jEclKq0mXtkPeMbebs8ewiHOzINusjmdqwiXtyHeIMjEsjLWkqeOujEclKq0mXtkPegaqwndkjEclKq0mXtkPKskHJjCyT7BJw7(OeoGju0JYW6jLia
    Doom:
    Code:
    duJpeaGlPsBtjMnHMVsk3Mi7ujP9ISBQA)WOKOgMeACkf3tcmyXWjWHvQoLuXXiLZPu6VkP6NkjCAPSCuzrujzvuP4XOQNtftKkPMkrnzs10PSmuQEfvICzvUUK2ivQEgkPntITtLO(gj10ijFwI8DQe6PQADujy0e04LGUevkDlukxtQ68OeRuXRvs0VrXKgjtVe960RtY0R3CeiUZI8vOrVB5PNV6ymsYxHg9kvpV1y8L7GbbbbPPGi4mEMQ3qWAfG4BIiMWZJbbbbbbbbrKHFxerA3eIuas5YLfCgpt1BUPBX(oiUKw3I9DCJwXIDWGGGGGGGGWDwLZx2vUMHrYfqCv3Us7MWoyqqqqqqqqoVogeeeKZRJbbbbbdccccgeeeemiiiiyWqplRqrX5mYD2wu33Z6g2zFrtBZsVAvKcBQ2qFZ3S15zKeiE2PtRQrVX1kv64iz6nweC0ZxDmgj65RogJ06glco6DSDR6qpVWJFL0xfOVBh98vhJrIELQN3Am(YDWGGGG0uqeCgpt1BiyTcq8nret45XGGGGGGGGWDwLZJyC1ddcccYj6Cyqqqqqqqq4oRY5ru2fDomiiiiNxhZ51XGbdgmyWGbdgmyWGbd98vhJrADHn9JERjD6Krp3vQX4LzrWrVDfA07InDti5EVgRlB12Y62nQ10yF7cPWMQf69vjzUwPshNdTQg9nD6DndJeIBPx41kj0i3xu33ZQ6(nABuZA)I2cPWMQT0x4kuuCoJCVV4YIkvl9f16vVOUOksHnvBPxKzxNKPxVPO04RIglKm9svrRrYKrg9C78hjtVuv0AKmzKrphJ4rY0lvfTgjtgz0B7IN3iz6LQIwJKjJm6v25TgJNKPxQkAnsMmYiJ(Q34ALkDCKm98vhJrIEmyuQEERX4l3bdcccstbrWz8mvVHG1kaX3ermHNhdcccccccc3zvopIYUOZHbbbb5eDomiiiiiiiiCNv58igx9WGGGGCEDmNxhdgmyWGbdgmyWGbdgmKrg9o0ZExTUf7QPMExMwvtf7AKrea
    Thank you very much, sorry for the trouble. I must have been the only person that actually would make such a request in the first place.

I find it extremely disappointing that Demonbolt still shows red fire even with Codex of Xerath turned on, considering it's Demonology's last "fire" spell (if you don't count Burning Rush and the Mounts).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Walterion View Post
    Thank you very much, sorry for the trouble. I must have been the only person that actually would make such a request in the first place.
    I'm sure there is others; I just don't think it's relevant to decision making so I wouldn't want it on my screen most the time. The old Imp Counter on live was similar, and I used that for fun. :P

Edit:
    Demonbolt:
    Code:
    Doom:
    Code:
    Changing the variables again! You monster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Changing the variables again! You monster.
    I missed adding a prefix to PetCount

7+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to break the on-going topic, but I would like to ask someone in Beta to take a screenshot of your character, holding/showing the dagger Spine of Thal'kiel, showing yet the Skull of the Man'ari and post it here, please, because I'm pretty sure that there is a "bug" that the dagger and the skull are not matching in colour, as we can see the first 2 colours from the first model row, on Wowhead artifact calculator, that they're misplaced.
    I play @ Bleeding Hollow - US

This spec is awesome. Has anyone started trying to do some math in terms of talent builds and priority queues? I was messing around with it and had a ton of fun, but there is so much going on here compared to most of the other DPS specs that it's proving difficult to pick apart...

Quote Originally Posted by Newgate View Post
    This spec is awesome. Has anyone started trying to do some math in terms of talent builds and priority queues?
    There's really no point to doing this early, when tuning has only just begin. Any math done now is going to be invalidated seven different times before launch.

I can't for the life of me play this spec. Something is just off. Like hand of guldan, if you talent it so it cast doom on every target hit... you basically are screwed if you cast it again because you're overwriting the dot with a new one so you don't get a pet if you're talented into doom damage summoning an imp. Or am I missing something ?

I just looked at it for like 5 min but that really bugged me.

Maybe i'm totally wrong (which I hope).

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I can't for the life of me play this spec. Something is just off. Like hand of guldan, if you talent it so it cast doom on every target hit... you basically are screwed if you cast it again because you're overwriting the dot with a new one so you don't get a pet if you're talented into doom damage summoning an imp. Or am I missing something ?

I just looked at it for like 5 min but that really bugged me.

Maybe i'm totally wrong (which I hope).
    This is not how DoT refreshing works; Doom will still tick as normal regardless of how many times you refresh it.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    This is not how DoT refreshing works; Doom will still tick as normal regardless of how many times you refresh it.
    Oh. Okay then

It was confusing me because it said "doom will deal damage after X sec" unlike other dots where it's said "it deals X damage every Y second and last Z seconds". So for me doom was basically a "time bomb"/delayed nuke and not really a dot.

my bad, my bad.

Thanks for the reply !

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    So how is leveling and soloing with the Infernal?