Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is easy, because most liberals are hypocrites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock21 View Post
    Did you come up with this all by yourself?
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I didn't know there was such thing as color blind to white. lol

Puzzle of the day: Find the white
    Well that's not enough white for a flag that claims to be a white supremacist flag.

This one is largely white, although the black bars would make it appear as if blacks were accepted, which wasn't the case in the CSA:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Well that's not enough white for a flag that claims to be a white supremacist flag.

This one is largely white, although the black bars would make it appear as if blacks were accepted, which wasn't the case in the CSA:
    Prussia was a white supremacist kingdom?
    Interesting.

I guess, those are the ultimate supremacists then

lol
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2016-05-15 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So something I don't understand. There was a thread a couple of weeks ago asking if people were ok with someone burning the American flag. The general consensus seemed to have been that it was fine because it was just a piece of cloth and people shouldn't think so highly of the American flag. However people are extremely outraged about the confederate flag and saying that it stands for racism and the flag needs to be banned. If the American flag is just a piece of cloth with no meaning behind it then why was the confederate flag so controversial and not just a piece of cloth?
    Wow. You are reaching.

You are making connections between issues that have nothing to do with each other, looking to make some cockamamie point where is none.

The Confederate Battle Flag was, is and continues being a symbol or racism and treason. Private individuals are welcome to display that symbol whenever and wherever they want. Just as they can walk around dressed up in Nazi uniforms throwing up Sieg Heils.

Like this shithead

But then be prepared for people to write you off as what you are. Racist scum.

But the issue around the Confederate Flag is not about private individuals (aka inbred morons) displaying it, but rather it being put up by the states or local authorities.

Get the difference now?

Billy "Fucking my Sister" Joe =/= State of Mississippi/State of Alabama or whatnot.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone being obsessed with that flag makes me feel like they are untrustworthy. I don't see it and think, "Gee, that person that hates my country and champions a failed rebellion of rich plantation owners is someone I want guarding my back!"

And of course during BUSH'S administration, these same hypocrites were out there with their Hummers painted with American flags, flags flying out the windows, flags everywhere. We have a Black president for 8 years and suddenly they want to betray that country they supposedly loved so much. Oh no! The president doesn't look like you! Better elect an Oompa Loompa for president next time!

Obviously, I am not going to make you do anything. That doesn't mean I can't shame the shit out of you for it though.
    Last edited by Chain Chungus; 2016-05-15 at 11:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Private individuals are welcome to display that symbol whenever and wherever they want. Just as they can walk around dressed up in Nazi uniforms throwing up Sieg Heils.
    Gets you imprisoned for many years in Europe, in some countries even decades, with no chance for any reviews.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gets you imprisoned for many years in Europe, in some countries even decades, with no chance for any reviews.
    Only in Germany can you get imprisoned for sporting Nazi symbols.

Anyway...

I know, I'll trigger a bunch of nerds now, but, I would love to have my way with that dude for 5 minutes...
    Him, I and a Louisville slugger made of good old German oak, to add insult to injury lol

Deleted
    Only in Germany can you get imprisoned for sporting Nazi symbols.

Anyway...
    What about Austria and Poland?

10+ Year Old Account
    What about Austria and Poland?
    Not to my knowledge.
    Only in Germany it is unconstitutional.

Here's the corresponding criminal code

https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/e...tgb.html#p0848
    Pay attetion to section 86+
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2016-05-15 at 11:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/24/us/con...g-myths-facts/

The original national flag of the Confederacy, referred to as the "Stars and Bars," was used between 1861 and 1863.
    American Civil War: 1861 - 1865
    There's an overlap..

Just as I said..

As for racism.
    It is not idiot proof blanket protection. It's entirely circumstantial

http://www.hrhub.com/doc/workplace-r...cted-as-f-0003
    http://www.firstamendmentcenter.org/...l-slurs-upheld
    https://firstamendmentcoalition.org/...r-racial-slur/

Would have loved to find other sources, but those might do too.
    Battle flag=square, naval jack=rectangular. "Confederate Flag"=rectangular. Two of these are like each other, one is not....

Those cases do not say one cannot be racist, just that you cannot harass people. There are some discriminative laws that ban freedom of choice based on race, but if one was inclined to one can easily skirt them.

I won't get you imprisoned in Europe. Not even in Germany. And even if sentenced it can't be for more than 3 years. But it is a largely unenforced law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strafg...ch_section_86a

I can't find any cases where it would have been enforced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock21 View Post
    Uh... huh... and so are most conservatives.

See how easy it is to generalize up some nonesense?

Conceptually, there's no problem with the idea of the Confederate flag being repurposed as a symbol of Southern pride and heritage, but ONLY IF we as a country come to terms with history, let the old wounds heal, and moved on with the underlying conflict that led to the war. And as far as that goes, we're a hell of a long ways off from that, pretending that there's not still a problem is not going to make it go away.

If you look at historical precedent, whenever a side loses a war they sort of have to bow their heads for a while and accept the victor's justice. That might be difficult to deal with in the short term, but at the end of the day showing some humility in defeat goes a long way towards rehabilitation. The South was NEVER willing to do this - immediately after the end of the war they started coming up with schemes to blacks back into de facto slavery, forming armed insurgent groups, and writing these pitifully whitewashed biographies and histories of the war that laud the achievements of noble Southern heroes against the evil Federal hordes. Never for one second were they willing to simply accept the reality of defeat, and quite frankly this delusional fantasy they have of the South rising again or whatever other nonsense has been holding them back ever since the war ended. Southern people deserve better than to live perpetually in some 1840's fantasy land, and I'd wager that the people who bray the loudest about the glory of the antebellum South probably wouldn't much enjoy living the actual lives of their ancestors during this time.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Slavery would have been phased out over time as the need for a stationary, agrarian labor force would have slowly been replaced by manufacturing.

- - - Updated - - -

That's because the States are sovereign entities.
    Maybe. But the point is, it should never have been allowed to begin with. The reason is what is right , economics should not be the driving force to end it. Anyone who argued back then slavery is ok, was one who did not have respect for common decency.

Not totally. The Federal Government dictates to the states even today what certain things they can and not do. And if they do not comply, they can hit them where it really hurts. Federal funding. :P I think States Rights is a important issue , but you cannot have a Union if there is too much division within said Union.

When it comes to a state flag, unless congress passes a federal bill which bans certain types of flags, each state should be allowed to have what they want. Let the residents of that state vote for any design they want or not want. However, they should expect the possibility of a lot of criticism which design they pick.

Today there are states I have no desire to ever live in or even visit. Some of those are cultural based. So I have the freedom not to go there. But I do understand where some would be very much offended by a certain flag. If I were one of those, I would not go there or try to get a bill passed in my state which would change it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    No, you just clearly don't know what an internment camp is, which is odd considering that your grandmother (apparently) grew up in one.
    Just because 'internment of Native Americans' doesn't yield a google search result that's easy for you to divine, doesn't mean that the words 'internment' and 'camp' were used in conjunction solely for Japanese Americans.

Educate yourself.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    The conflict was a continuation of the Federalist vs. anti-Federalist debate that is still plaguing the United States too date, and to state that it was entirely over slavery is to ignore the opinions and beliefs of countless generals, statesmen, and Lincoln himself.
    I didn't say it was entirely but it was a major factor of it.
    The confederate flag was born in rebellion largely on the basis of the perceived right to own other humans as property

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does the Confederate flag go hand in hand with racist beliefs? Yes. Should we care that people want to look like idiots in public by flying it? No.

We also shouldn't care what other people do personal property. Wiping my ass with or burning the American flag doesn't make anyone less free.

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate Cheeks View Post
    Just because 'internment of Native Americans' doesn't yield a google search result that's easy for you to divine, doesn't mean that the words 'internment' and 'camp' were used in conjunction solely for Japanese Americans.

Educate yourself.
    Or you could just use correct terminology. Regardless, sifting through your post history leads me to believe that you're full of shit either way, Mr. I'm a native american crippled in a wheelchair but still magically a doctor that just so happens to have his own practice and magically has all this time to sink into MMOs.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    their ancestors died under that flag its a part of their history a part of their culture

the flag is not the issue... you trying to take away people's freedoms is the issue

a person should be judged by their actions not by a part of their families history/culture

you should stop being so hateful and stop grouping people together based on such meaningless things
    #1 I can't recall calling for anyone's freedoms to be removed. Are you trying to assert I'm trying to ban the flag? Because I have said or insinuated no such thing.

I judge a person by their actions, if someone flys the confederate flag, or sticks it on their car, wears it on their shirt, or what ever else they are making something about themselves very clear. This is a choice they've made.