Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    I can see it for shadow. As holy/disc though? Would have to introduce some lore for it to make sense. Maybe instead of a priest getting curious about the dark side, an orc already rooted in the void is curious about the light side?
    Yeah I agree. An orc holy/disc would be strange...but shadow totally makes sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Currently the shadowform glyphs are tied to the voidform... which kinda saddens me because I feel like we won't get any visual glyph for voidform itself
    What are the glyphs? Is there a glyph to remove tentacles?

Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    What are the glyphs? Is there a glyph to remove tentacles?
    Did you read what you quoted ? "I feel like we won't get any visual glyph for voidform itself" => there are no voidform altering glyphs. And in the same post, I said that those glyphs are the live shadowform glyphs (less dark voidform, voidform affecting pets and mount). Or atleast I haven't seen any VF related glyph, sorry.

I think I found the quest to unlock the hidden appearance of.... the Affliction warlock weapon -_-"
    Last edited by Ilir; 2016-05-16 at 08:05 PM.

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    :\ oh well

</3

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hopeful they add a non-tentacular voidform via glyph, I've suggested it to them. Not the biggest deal in the world, but while I like the general void aesthetic and the general Old God vision, tentacles (on my character) aren't my speed. I do like the tentacles that spawn on the ground and Mind Flay.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Didn't we mention Dark Apotheosis sometime ago? I really want that. Also, wasn't there some new Night Elf NPCs with a shadowform-y visual that was unique and cool? Can't remember...

I just want to keep my ravens. Trade them for tentacles pweez and tank kyu!

I'm not against tentacles (the ones the pops doing mind flay are cool) i just don't like them growing on my body. Would be so more cool to have a glyph that as we getting insane we would be growing black wings instead, and when we enter VF, full big black wings would open.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihiel View Post
    To move away from the auto/no-auto VF discussion, does anyone else think Orcs as a race should be allowed to play priest as well? I think like it'd be alright given that we've met Ner'zhul and tons of other void-attuned orcs in Draenor. What are your thoughts?
    Only when draenei warlocks finally happen.
    Also: I fail to see Nerzhul as a priest as well. Spamming arcane novas and summoning undead is not your typical priest spells, you know He's obviously a warlock, since shadow priests are mind manipulators and he is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Malico View Post
    Hum where do you find glyphs in dalaran or I am drunk?
    In a shop dedicated to glyph profession there is a goblin named Alpha glyphs vendor, try him.
    (not a very big selection of glyphs for us, though).

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, latest changes are just awful. Blizzard going full mental and now we can't change talents on the fly, so bye-bye fight-to-fight customisation. (not that we had a lot to customise though, having like one good talent per row as always).
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-05-17 at 08:54 AM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

That just seems silly. I get how they want to make groups more important, but what's going to stop me from just going to my class hall, swapping talents, and getting a summon back? Seems asinine to me.

I wonder if Blizzard have a secret love/hate ratio they try to fulfill when they design their games. Like: ""Hey guys, we designed an awesome versatility in talent system by completely removing both "apply" button when you switch talents and every costs involved... and then, just for teh lolz, we totally remove the ability to switch your talents freely. Your Loving Blizzard", something like that

Whelp those planned changes are weird af ! O_O

Tho it's not like we have much choices as SP

But I don't really get the point of such a change O_O Guess I'm going scribe because those tome will sell like candy !

Homophobia is so gay.

It wouldn't make any difference if they just kept it as tomes though :/
    Like it makes scribes more important, which since glyphs are going to be fairly useless, they need something new so it makes sense.
    I still don't agree with it though.

Only real choice i see between packs is Shadow Crash and maybe Shadowy Insight vs Auspicious Spirits.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    That just seems silly. I get how they want to make groups more important, but what's going to stop me from just going to my class hall, swapping talents, and getting a summon back? Seems asinine to me.
    This is exactly why they'll soon revert the change. People will cry about min-maxing and do the natural thing, and no one wants to spend 10 minutes per boss hearthing and re-summoning everyone who changes their spec. If you don't want people to change talents, don't make a talent system with such a high degree of specialization. But that would just be going backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Tho it's not like we have much choices as SP
    Not much choices indeed, however, replacing Shadow Crash with Mindbender for bosses or going StM for the last boss would have been priceless without this stupid change.

Let me see if I get it right. Talent swap is restricted, but spec swap is now free for all? Doesn't make sense for what they initially aimed for if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Not much choices indeed, however, replacing Shadow Crash with Mindbender for bosses or going StM for the last boss would have been priceless without this stupid change.

Let me see if I get it right. Talent swap is restricted, but spec swap is now free for all? Doesn't make sense for what they initially aimed for if that's the case.
    Yep, it looks like that.

By the way, if it stays like that, we will be fucked by pures once again, simply because pures would be able to tune their different specs for different situations, while we would be locked with inconvenience forever.

I did not like the escalating respec cost idea, but this seems worse. Currently I switch between Disc for groups and Shadow for solo, so the respec cost would be an annoying burden compared to thefree switch. There should be a cost associated with switching talents, but just increase the priceof the tomes for 101+. Make is so that tomes are equivalent in price to resetting talents via the trainer.

There are fewer "choices" for shadow than some specs, but, still, talents are designed to be situational, which was the stated intention of the talent redesign. I can understand the feeling to pull away from min/max talent switching, but there has to be less annoying ways to go about it.
    Last edited by Aeriel; 2016-05-17 at 01:59 PM.

There's some speculation in my guild that the point of this is that the talents are supposed to be balanced and viable to the point that you just pick what you enjoy playing. You shouldn't have to swap per encounter, but instead be able to pick the ones that fit how you like to play. The idea is that some balancing will be done between now and live to shore everything up and make sure that the talents play well and are viable no matter what you pick. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by Kilee25 View Post
    There's some speculation in my guild that the point of this is that the talents are supposed to be balanced and viable to the point that you just pick what you enjoy playing. You shouldn't have to swap per encounter, but instead be able to pick the ones that fit how you like to play. The idea is that some balancing will be done between now and live to shore everything up and make sure that the talents play well and are viable no matter what you pick. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...
    But they went out of their way in Legion by specifically making single target talents compete with AoE talents, thus forcing you to choose between one or the other depending on the situation if you want to perform optimally. It's not even that bad for shadow, we don't really have choices like that (unless they buff Shadow Crash significantly), but for some other specs it's a pretty big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Isentropy View Post
    But they went out of their way in Legion by specifically making single target talents compete with AoE talents, thus forcing you to choose between one or the other depending on the situation if you want to perform optimally. It's not even that bad for shadow, we don't really have choices like that (unless they buff Shadow Crash significantly), but for some other specs it's a pretty big deal.
    The counter-argument being that pures can talent their specs to aoe vs st, while hybrids cannot. Though there are issues with that too. Off-spec is going to be gated behind artifact level, so it will not be equivalent to switch between specs. Having multiple sets of gear for multiple specs is already a situation, so it is a, somewhat, moot point.

The problem lies in that talent tiers are highly differentiated not by playstyle, but AoE vs ST vs Cleave, i.e. Type of fight.