Thread: Beta invites

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubface View Post
    Buffed.de sent their keys out. Happy to announce I got one! <3
    i'm so jelly but gratz
    If only i could have some joy from blizzard

gz!!
    i got none

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Man a new beta wave needs to go out so I have something to fixate over rather than being reminded I have almost nothing to do in wow anymore
    Go outside, smell the flowers!

Would relly like beta just to decide which char will be my main i would only need like half an hour. would do more if i got it but still

https://www.twitch.tv/towelliee is giving away 100 keys over the next few hours / days / weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eronath View Post
    https://www.twitch.tv/towelliee is giving away 100 keys over the next few hours / days / weeks.
    I don't understand what he says though.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Sad to see that many of the fan site beta keys are making their way to the IRL black market. Losing hope in fansite giveaways as they are plagued by scalpers who will just flood it with entries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just checked ebay. Looks like someone in Germany made a haul on the giveaway there. 400 bucks each, has sold 12 and at least one more up for sale...and might or might not be same person, from germany selling for 373. Wish they would get banned from any contests...seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by facelesssoul View Post
    Which confirms my theory that the beta wave was either limited or so purely random that participation is really low. It is understandable that the first wave would be limited so as to err on the side of caution and not break the beta realms 100%. But if the next waves are so random or limited then many beta keys will go to waste on random Joe's who cba to even download beta while they play on their PS4 or Xbox. Blizzard really needs to up the criteria of the invitees.
    If they see a too low attendance on the realms, they could just keep inviting more. They have proper stats on how many people play.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Just checked ebay. Looks like someone in Germany made a haul on the giveaway there. 400 bucks each, has sold 12 and at least one more up for sale...and might or might not be same person, from germany selling for 373. Wish they would get banned from any contests...seriously.
    Yup, they really should not do keys and just automatically activate Alpha/Beta for accounts, removing it from those who don't log in, and never re-invite those not actually giving feedback for future betas would be an idea but eh...

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Yup, they really should not do keys and just automatically activate Alpha/Beta for accounts, removing it from those who don't log in, and never re-invite those not actually giving feedback for future betas would be an idea but eh...
    I think wowhead is doing amazing job with their giveaway. You must have character that is active in wow and you can enter with only one char per account. If they could make some sync with blizzard to automatically flag accounts of people that won it would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Munjica View Post
    I think wowhead is doing amazing job with their giveaway. You must have character that is active in wow and you can enter with only one char per account. If they could make some sync with blizzard to automatically flag accounts of people that won it would be perfect.
    It's better than most for getting the invite but, personally, I still think they should drop people out who aren't using it to make space for others who are, and re-inviting those who provide feedback and not re-inviting those who just play it for an hour as an early-access or not at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynxium View Post
    Yeah, maybe you're right but we don't know how these random players are picked, maybe they aren't really that random for what they need?
    Maybe I'm just bitter over not getting into beta, we'll see.

I have 3 accounts on one bnet, 1 subbed, 2 not. I have 4th account on a separate bnet, not subbed.
    My husband has 2 accounts on one bnet, both unsubbed.
    Whose account do you think got flagged for beta?
    Yep, my husbands.

Quote Originally Posted by Nambuhs View Post
    I have 3 accounts on one bnet, 1 subbed, 2 not. I have 4th account on a separate bnet, not subbed.
    My husband has 2 accounts on one bnet, both unsubbed.
    Whose account do you think got flagged for beta?
    Yep, my husbands.
    For some reason I see more often ppl with unsubbed acc getting Beta than with active one :<

Deleted
    Beta is 32gb? Woot

Quote Originally Posted by kiruz View Post
    For some reason I see more often ppl with unsubbed acc getting Beta than with active one :<
    Confirmation bias.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dormin View Post
    How can you 'be right back' when you try and commit suicide?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vozzek View Post
    Confirmation bias.
    Not it's actually somewhat confirmed. You are more likely to get invited if you do not have an active sub.

It makes sense from a marketing pov too, give beta to those that aren't playing to motivate them for legion and make sure they are committed so you don't lose them as an active player. If this was a smaller game it would be random, but if I ask most of my guildies that got alpha or beta after the mythic archimonde wave, most of them were not actively subbed for a week or longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think the next wave may have started (or maybe it's trickle-invites this time) - 2 of my friends got in within the last 3 hours.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aktor View Post
    Think the next wave may have started (or maybe it's trickle-invites this time) - 2 of my friends got in within the last 3 hours.
    Have a hard time believing that in all honesty.