Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Just for the people who don't like the idea of Illidan apparently becoming something close to an angel, recall that Lucifer was an angel. I imagine that's the kind of "angel" Illidan would be.
    Illidan isn't evil. Even in TBC we werent really given good reason to fight him. Despite his title being "the betrayer", his history has been nothing but getting betrayed himself.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Illidan isn't evil. Even in TBC we werent really given good reason to fight him. Despite his title being "the betrayer", his history has been nothing but getting betrayed himself.
    Never said he was evil. Lucifer was a rebel, is what I meant. Not a goodie goodie who obeyed and followed orders.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft fans, remember your hatred for Med'an?

Then I give you, Illidan, the "wonder boy".

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Your comment? Yes it is. How courteous of you to call yourself out.
    The lore on the other hand, fantastic - I love this.
    If you genuinely like WoW's lore, you probably didn't read anything except comic strips, textbooks in school / uni and instructions for home appliances. You find this completely illogical travesty that is only there to make you say "wow, what a twist", "fantastic"? OK. I can do one better, since you seem to be so easily entertained: Illidan is going to meet his true father arch-titan and that father is going to take him from us against his will to fight the great void. Epic, right? Wait, I'll add laser guns...
    Last edited by rda; 2016-05-20 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    Warcraft fans, remember your hatred for Med'an?

Then I give you, Illidan, the "wonder boy".
    The biggest issue with Med'an was that he came in as half human and a quarter orc and draenei and tied to two (arguably three) major lore characters. He was tied to the then best assassin in the series, the best mage in the series, and lightly to Maraad.

As a power house he wasn't that great. He's been called OP when in the comics he's not that strong unless he has half a dozen people powering him up.

At least Illidan is established. He's isnt coming in as the long lost son of Sargeras and Elune.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    If you genuinely like WoW's lore, you probably didn't read anything except comic strips, textbooks in school / uni and instructions for home appliances.
    WoW lore isnt supposed to be deep. Its meant to be fun and over the top. How do people still not get this.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

The biggest issue with Med'an was that he came in as half human and a quarter orc and draenei and tied to two (arguably three) major lore characters. He was tied to the then best assassin in the series, the best mage in the series, and lightly to Maraad.

As a power house he wasn't that great. He's been called OP when in the comics he's not that strong unless he has half a dozen people powering him up.

At least Illidan is established. He's isnt coming in as the long lost son of Sargeras and Elune.
    You never know what will happen at this point. There might be some fucked up reason he is the chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    I love how they try their hardest to make a redemption story for Illidan and fail so hard.

Having Illidan leading the attack on argus, fine. Having him be the "Champion of Light"? WHY?! He is a fucking badass demon hunter, why must you make him a "holy" fucktard?
    I don't think things are as simple to parse as you make them sound, even in a fictional story. It happens all the time in good vs evil battles. Good must depend on something less 'good' to save the day. If I can use an example, the shitty tv show 'Supernatural' is constantly twisting plots around where good and evil share a common goal and must work together to achieve it. Illidan leading a fight against evil? Doesn't make him holy in the slightest. Just a demon hunter helping an unlikely ally out of common interest.

Besides, this sounds like it's early enough in the adventure (like before you really even start getting into leveling) to leave room for plot development. So what if she calls him the child of light and shadow? So what if he helps win a holy war? Maybe he does it to eliminate opposing power? Maybe his glory in battle pushes him into the side of evil again?

That's why threads like this and posts like yours shouldn't exist ^_^

Deleted
    Oh we're going on redemption.. Alright...

Soo... Argus next expansion and then Old Gods?... Poor N'Zoth and Lady Azshara

WoW lore isnt supposed to be deep. Its meant to be fun and over the top. How do people still not get this.
    I have no problems with that. It's over the top and it's crap with no reading value. That's what I am saying.

Not being deep doesn't mean it has to be crap. I have read some Overwatch stories Blizzard recently created. It's very simple but it's not shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I don't think things are as simple to parse as you make them sound, even in a fictional story. It happens all the time in good vs evil battles. Good must depend on something less 'good' to save the day. If I can use an example, the shitty tv show 'Supernatural' is constantly twisting plots around where good and evil share a common goal and must work together to achieve it. Illidan leading a fight against evil? Doesn't make him holy in the slightest. Just a demon hunter helping an unlikely ally out of common interest.

Besides, this sounds like it's early enough in the adventure (like before you really even start getting into leveling) to leave room for plot development. So what if she calls him the child of light and shadow? So what if he helps win a holy war? Maybe he does it to eliminate opposing power? Maybe his glory in battle pushes him into the side of evil again?

That's why threads like this and posts like yours shouldn't exist ^_^
    Read the Illidan Novel or at least get some of the spoilers and you will see why some people fear a "holy angel" illidan.

15+ Year Old Account
    At what point do you get this quest after doing Bringer of the Light? Do you just have to finish Tears of Elune?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syfus View Post
    Well this spoiler will blow some minds...

Enjoy: http://imgur.com/a/OrfNp
    Not at all...

Is about more than a month that we know that... is in the Illidan book or in the lore thread about the book here on MMO_champion.
    For those who live under a rock, you can go here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Illidan-Novel

Btw, I like the idea about Illidan became Capitan Azeroth...
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

elune is the real mom of illidan

No matter what Blizzard does, people will be pissed, so I don't know why I let the comments in this thread bother me.

Am I the only person who doesn't have a problem with this story?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Not at all...

Is about more than a month that we know that... is in the Illidan book or in the lore thread about the book here on MMO_champion.
    For those who live under a rock, you can go here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Illidan-Novel

Btw, I like the idea about Illidan became Capitan Azeroth...
    LOL!

Illidan becomes Captain Azeroth. Mekkatorque becomes Iron Gnome. He just built that mech suit we seen in beta: http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...orque_Suit.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    elune is the real mom of illidan
    lol stop giving them bad ideas!!!

my headcanon is this:Elune created the Naaru.she tells them to tell Illidan about this "holy angel" thing.Illidan is pissed off and kills Elune's favorite,Tyrande.Elune is very pissed and she chooses another "holy angel".
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2016-05-20 at 03:36 PM.

Good lord. And to think the lore couldn't get any worse after WoD...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Transmigration View Post
    Taken straight from FFXIV. Only the warrior of light isn't you, it's illidan.
    Rofl yeah. FF invented the warrior of light thing.

Just like Justin Bieber invented singing and Teletubbies invented fluffy animals right? I mean that fits your generation right?

10+ Year Old Account
    My bet is that Illidan is only holy empowered and not actually full holy himself. It would be like if a paladin could cast their holy dps CD on a demon hunter. He is all powered up doing extra holy damage but not some light worshiper himself.