Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    If all you want is skins, why not just go to the store and buy the skins you want? That's what the store is for - you even get to pick the one you want and only pay for it specifically.
    to be fair it's because i have more than 200 skins.. prob around 240 by now

and all the skins that i really want, i already have.
    But i find it fun getting a random skin to play around with and use once in a while. Hextech chests is the only way for me to get random skins without having to rely on some other person to change gifts and hope he doesn't just log off right after, i'm not mad that i don't get a skin shard with every chest opening, but it annoys me that half or more of them are more or less useless, because you have played/supported the game more than others.

all i can use the champion shards for is blue essence to get mastery lvl 6 and 7 which in the end is as pointless as the stat on your page showing how many minions you have killed.

Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    to be fair it's because i have more than 200 skins.. prob around 240 by now

and all the skins that i really want, i already have.
    But i find it fun getting a random skin to play around with and use once in a while. Hextech chests is the only way for me to get random skins without having to rely on some other person to change gifts and hope he doesn't just log off right after, i'm not mad that i don't get a skin shard with every chest opening, but it annoys me that half or more of them are more or less useless, because you have played/supported the game more than others.

all i can use the champion shards for is blue essence to get mastery lvl 6 and 7 which in the end is as pointless as the stat on your page showing how many minions you have killed.
    And as pointless as skins. It is a way to show off, just as skins are, just as icons are. You are just sounding like an old grumpy man at this point - "durr, I've been alive for so long, and hate everything that bothers me!"
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Just wanna say Kindred isn't a her or him, its a They. :x
    Oh wow I just looked it up and you are right lol. I assumed it was a girl, but then the wolf is a guy...confusing. I'll just keep it at "they" xD

- - - Updated - - -

just opened 12 hextech chests

i don't get how you can make a system that literally punishes you for playing their game.
    i own all champions and never have problems with IP etc. to get them as i've been playing the games for years resulting in thousands of matches played

opened 8 champions shards and 4 skin shards in those 12 chests.. 66% of the chests were completely useless for me and i will never have a use for them...

I feel your pain, I own all champs as well. I actually bought $20 of chests with keys....around 60% were champ shards, and the rest were either icons/wards and like 2 skins that I just disenchanted lol.
    "don't let anyone with bad eyebrows tell you shit about life"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    And as pointless as skins. It is a way to show off, just as skins are, just as icons are. You are just sounding like an old grumpy man at this point - "durr, I've been alive for so long, and hate everything that bothers me!"
    i don't know who's the grumpy old man right now

i'm quite sure a skin that changes spell effect and looks on a champion is not the same as some text on your profile page
    the system is better for new players and not so much for veteran players, which is bad in my opinion

but if opinions make you an old grumpy whiny man then welcome to the club
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2016-05-22 at 01:02 AM.

i'm quite sure a skin that changes spell effect and looks on a champion is not the same as some text on your profile page
    the system is better for new players and not so much for veteran players, which is bad in my opinion

You do know there is a mastery emote as well?
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted

Which is the entire point of the system. It gives people who only play a few games a week a free chance of getting some cool skins too, which makes them more interested in playing the game.

The system isn't made for you, people who play the game frequently and thus invest money in cosmetic changes to make the game a bit more fun.

I seriously cannot grasp how a change that does not affect you AT ALL, but gives new or casual players something extra, can be considered bad from Riot...

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    I seriously cannot grasp how a change that does not affect you AT ALL, but gives new or casual players something extra, can be considered bad from Riot...
    Because there is a relatively simple fix (Either champs already woned cannot be given, or just for players who have every champ not be able to recieve champ shards) that was proposed as soon as this was announced. It has no drawbacks and until now was only a net postive for players. Even with the tier 6 an 7 I would say at some point people will max out on champions they actually want to push to higher tiers so a toggle would be better. A system or at least part of it being benficial to only some of the players for no discernable reason should be called out and improved. The system is made for everyone, they didnt say in the annoucement that if you have every champion for a few months it'll feel like a slap to the face when you get a champ in this thing.

The 'Veteran's' already have what the new players want. Stop complaining and BUY the SKIN you want, and don't try to play a game of chance with chests.

- - - Updated - - -

On another note, I'd love it if Riot added more Chroma packs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    Because there is a relatively simple fix (Either champs already woned cannot be given, or just for players who have every champ not be able to recieve champ shards) that was proposed as soon as this was announced. It has no drawbacks and until now was only a net postive for players. Even with the tier 6 an 7 I would say at some point people will max out on champions they actually want to push to higher tiers so a toggle would be better. A system or at least part of it being benficial to only some of the players for no discernable reason should be called out and improved. The system is made for everyone, they didnt say in the annoucement that if you have every champion for a few months it'll feel like a slap to the face when you get a champ in this thing.
    So... if you own all champions and you want blue shards for your level 6 and 7 masteries you are screwed? Or if you don't want to spend IP on champions anymore you should't be able to reroll 3 champ shards for a free new champion? Sounds like a bad idea.

Also, the system is not made for everyone. People who've been playing for 5 years and got all champions and runes are definitely not the target audience for this system.

I mean, i play for quite long time, but can't be assed with buying all champions and/or runes. I sit on 50k IP and wait for new, interesting (read: champions that i'm interested in) champions, i can easily complain that "i don't have anything to spend IP on", just to be said that " you don't own all champions lol", and then i'll say "i don't want all champions, i want to spend it on other crap", and this argument will go back and forth for the whole eternity - but the truth is that it's a fucking currency, it's not main mechanic of the game, it's a strap-on to make people play the game more (play more - buy more champions/ingame power via runes), which at some point of the game becomes obsolete
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2016-05-22 at 08:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    1 So... if you own all champions and you want blue shards for your level 6 and 7 masteries you are screwed? Or if you don't want to spend IP on champions anymore you should't be able to reroll 3 champ shards for a free new champion? Sounds like a bad idea.

2 Also, the system is not made for everyone. People who've been playing for 5 years and got all champions and runes are definitely not the target audience for this system.

3 snip
    1 For the first part, I mentioned a toggle. That would be all you would need to do to solve all the problems. If you want shards or blue essence then great, if not these occasional treats will never be useless to you. And the rest of what i said was in reference to before the recent change. Which until now champ shards were 100% useless until a new champ arrived and even then you are generally overflowing with IP as is.

2 Unless you can show me something definitive by Riot saying if you played for a long time and own every champion then fuck you, then them making a flawed system isnt an indication of anything beyond that.

3 I dont know what exactly this has to do with the situation on hand, since you are the one making the decision about the currency. Not Riot. I dont get the defensive nature people are taking with this whole scenario. Before the tier 6 and 7 change this minor little subset of the game was at least partially useless to a certain group of people, when there was a simple fix to that. Fixing it hurt no one, gave no one an advantage, and made a percentage of the playerbase happy with zero drawbacks. This is all I am saying. For me it took something that I looked forward to intiatally and it quickly soured when i got 4/5 champ shards despite this being a change proposed as soon as it was announced and repeated often. There was no reason for this. It didnt benfit anyone in the slightest.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't know what it takes to "fix it", they have lousy coded client, they can't even make stuff from shop free or accessible for everyone (aka t2 runes "
    on sale" for 1 IP). It's quite obvious that with any system with currency and limited stuff to do (aka nowhere to sink it) you end up with loads of currency and nowhere to spend it. That's just nature of things, and when you play long enough you find yourself in a situation when you have dozens of IP/champion shards/skin shards/whatever and nowhere to spend them
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You don't know what it takes to "fix it", they have lousy coded client, they can't even make stuff from shop free or accessible for everyone (aka t2 runes "
    on sale" for 1 IP). It's quite obvious that with any system with currency and limited stuff to do (aka nowhere to sink it) you end up with loads of currency and nowhere to spend it. That's just nature of things, and when you play long enough you find yourself in a situation when you have dozens of IP/champion shards/skin shards/whatever and nowhere to spend them
    Even in that case, it isnt our fault they did a poor job. And that isnt even neccesarily true, the logo or whatever during MSI worked fine for me at 1 IP. So they definitely can do some things. And since hextech was somthing new added, it would contain mostly fairly new coding and to say that a company couldnt possibly code a check and then a response based on the check really isnt really an arguement. Its basic stuff comparatively.

This is a brand new currency, and to have immediatly give players something that literally does nothing for them is a bad thing. Reflects pretty poorly. Im also surprised they havent added a huge IP to super small RP exchange yet (10000 to 10 or something), not really related but just something I always thought was a good idea for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that IP to RP conversion is a good idea. IP is mainly gained through playing the game, RP is mainly spent of buying skins, IMO it's better to organize a system that will award players with skins for playing (aka - hextech system).
    Yeah, it would be cool to have things to spend IP on, but take it from POV of new player- you have to spend IP on champions (loads of it), on runes (even more) and runepages (EVEN more), AND some other stuff that people who play for loads of time want to be added? Fuck no.

But it shouldn't be a guaranteed prize, because, well, it will meet the same "being rewarded too often" issue - when rewards became something mundane and irrelevant. So, i don't see an issue with current hextech system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    This is a brand new currency, and to have immediatly give players something that literally does nothing for them is a bad thing. Reflects pretty poorly. Im also surprised they havent added a huge IP to super small RP exchange yet (10000 to 10 or something), not really related but just something I always thought was a good idea for them.
    It'd be a horribly bad idea for them. Their entire income is based on RP. There are people that have hundreds of thousands of IP just from playing and not having anything to spend it on anymore.

Deleted
    the only reason mastery 6 and 7 requires blue essence is because of people whining about champion shards being wastly useless for veteran players, this is their way to "fix it" for a short time.

i don't see the point in having blue and orange essence, just have one type of essence makes everything you get usefull, ofc you will have to change the amount of essence you get from turning things into essence etc.

veteran players have been asking after something for years, and riot like to do something but they never will
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2016-05-22 at 03:27 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been leveling an alternate account through aram, 90% of games are just filled with bots and me :/
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

the only reason mastery 6 and 7 requires blue essence is because of people whining about champion shards being wastly useless for veteran players, this is their way to "fix it" for a short time.

i don't see the point in having blue and orange essence, just have one type of essence makes everything you get usefull, ofc you will have to change the amount of essence you get from turning things into essence etc.

veteran players have been asking after something for years, and riot like to do something but they never will
    As it stands though, theres little Riot can really add for you to spend Shards on once you've got all the Champions you want already. At least spending it on showing off how long you've played a certain champ is something even if its nothing tangiable. They could, at some point perhaps, do what other MOBA's do and allow you to buy an "advanced" skin for your Champs with it, but that would be a massive time investment on their part, especially given how many champs there are and that its a system that wasn't included from the ground up giving it a huge start up cost at this point.

I'm not sure how well Chroma packs sold, but perhaps allowing you to unlock simple recolours would be something they could look at. Its a system that was introduced and never really got anywhere outside of Zac. If its a reward for something like Level 10 Mastery of a champion, its going to make all those shards you no longer want useful to turn into a Chroma for a champion you play often. Unlike a completely new skin, a recolour is something that wouldn't take vast amounts of time and resources to put together.

But then we'd be at the same problem agnow got allready, because after a year or two he would have all the cromo skins and still getting shards, amagad!

Still don't see the 'problem' he got about getting free stuff, even though he got it all after playing for so long.

Deleted
    "I have everything I want and Riot doesn't give me anything! For shame!"

e: And it's official. The higher you get, the more trolls you get.
    Jesus Christ this fucking community.
    Last edited by mmoc7722091d43; 2016-05-23 at 05:07 PM.

Finally did my placements. Got into Gold V. What can I expect?