Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Maby it's P fucking Barnes who is at it again

10+ Year Old Account
    How much training does it take to be a state sanctioned murde- I mean, respected Police Officer?
    Not nearly enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    the whole point is that I obey the particular set of laws that would prohibit me from becoming that state of irrational.
    Good for you. These drug addicts and mentally ill people are reality however. And handling them like this is not the way to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    you sound like the chicks from game of thrones.

"it is known"

it isn't known

the second anyone's opinion is used as a determinant factor fact goes right out the window.
    We have the cause of death. You have literally nothing to contradict that statement. Your imagination isn't evidence.

not at all. soon as I see video proof that substantiates some of the wild claims made in this thread I will be more than willing to change my tune.
    You have, as well as expert testimony. You're just shoving your head in the sand.

not at all. soon as I see video proof that substantiates some of the wild claims made in this thread I will be more than willing to change my tune.
    I think it's evident, whatever you may say, that tazers don't represent the end-all solution to resistance. I think elecrocuting someone to death, which apparently the medical examination later stated, is a sign that these officers didn't know how to handle the situation properly. Sometimes you gotta wrestle, that's what police officers get paid for.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    We have the cause of death. You have literally nothing to contradict that statement. Your imagination isn't evidence.
    YOU have a piece of paper stating an opinion. I have an opinion based on viewing what is available from the actual incident as it happens. I am OBVIOUSLY the one fabricating things in order to prolong a non argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I think it's evident, whatever you may say, that tazers don't represent the end-all solution to resistance. I think elecrocuting someone to death, which apparently the medical examination later stated, is a sign that these officers didn't know how to handle the situation properly. Sometimes you gotta wrestle, that's what police officers get paid for.
    I love your signature. It says a lot about how careful you have to be when making arguments on here.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    YOU have a piece of paper stating an opinion. I have an opinion based on viewing what is available from the actual incident as it happens. I am OBVIOUSLY the one fabricating things in order to prolong a non argument.
    Given that said "paper" is the "opinion" of a professional whose entire job it is to provide said "opinion", and they had access to all the evidence in question, whereas you are just making things up off the top of your head, yeah. You're fabricating your entire position. You have literally no basis for your claims, whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Maby it's P fucking Barnes who is at it again
    lol. now that jackass should have been zapped a few more times.
    the bailiffs showed considerable restraint
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

This behavior is quite shocking.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    How much training does it take to be a state sanctioned murde- I mean, respected Police Officer?
    Not nearly enough.
    11 weeks.

The person doing your manicure probably trained longer to do that than the police did.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    the whole point is that I obey the particular set of laws that would prohibit me from becoming that state of irrational.
    So by your rationale, the mentally ill should accept that they may be arbitrarily killed by police officers who are insufficiently trained to deal with this particular segment of the public.

The police interacted with a mentally unhinged man in a way which would reasonably aggravate his mental state further, then negligently killed him for his "noncompliance." Having been informed of the reason behind his aggressive behavior, the police should not have handled him as they did. They escalated the situation, then punished him for it.

Oh well. Seems fair to me.

(Just to clarify -- the man in this video seems to have acted as he did due to the influence of drugs, not a mental illness. But I'm attempting to point out that your logic condemns the latter along with the former. )
    Last edited by Kaeth; 2016-05-22 at 11:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Footpaws View Post
    I think they should send US police forces to train in various EU places, to be honest.
    Police here in holland have a wildly different approach to policing thsn the us (quite literally 'good approachable cop' vs bad 'hardass' cop.

Its a culture thing too, the fact remains us has a bucketload of armed ppl, that makes every crazy luke with an attitude a possible lethal encounter. On top of thst segregation was abolished about 90 years later in the us than it was with us.. Those are hard feelings to overcome... And with predictable results.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...310_story.html

While I hate siting the Washington Post, if FBI DNA tests can be flawed what's to say that the coroner's finding aren't flawed as well? We have video evidence of what was going on and the CNN article doesn't show the video in it's entirety. We don't see the moment when a knee was forced on the victim's chest. We have a report that says the man's chest was compressed. Well when you perform CPR don't you put as much force on the chest as possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post

While I hate siting the Washington Post, if FBI DNA tests can be flawed what's to say that the coroner's finding aren't flawed as well? We have video evidence of what was going on and the CNN article doesn't show the video in it's entirety. We don't see the moment when a knee was forced on the victim's chest. We have a report that says the man's chest was compressed. Well when you perform CPR don't you put as much force on the chest as possible?
    This is basically an argument against evidence.

10+ Year Old Account

That someone can be wrong is not an argument that anyone is wrong, in this particular case. This is like arguing "hey, these scientists made an error in their methodology while studying geology, so clearly pigs can fly to the MOOOOON".

10+ Year Old Account

While I hate siting the Washington Post, if FBI DNA tests can be flawed
    That's not DNA testing, that's an "expert" looking at a pair of hairs under a microscope and saying "Yeah, these look similar, so they're probably from the same person".

It's one of many "common sense" forensics techniques that don't actually work.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is basically an argument against evidence.
    This is basically a post without substance. If you're not going to bother refuting my post with legitimate points why bother posting at all?

That someone can be wrong is not an argument that anyone is wrong, in this particular case. This is like arguing "hey, these scientists made an error in their methodology while studying geology, so clearly pigs can fly to the MOOOOON".
    Again, at least make an honest effort to refute my point instead of falling back to hyperbole.

Could the victim have had a knee to the chest that stopped his breathing? Yes, that could happen. We have a coroner who says that is the case, but we also have video evidence of the event. What we are being shown is edited video and a coroner's opinion. We also have a contradiction of the story.

Eventually, deputies pin the man down on his stomach on the floor of the vehicle.
    "This man was tasered to death and had a knee put on his chest until he suffocated -- while handcuffed," Stewart said.
    Now explain to me how the hell that happens?

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, at least make an honest effort to refute my point instead of falling back to hyperbole.
    You didn't have a point. Your argument was literally "some people have been wrong about other things in the past, so we have to assume everyone is wrong about everything forever."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    That's not DNA testing, that's an "expert" looking at a pair of hairs under a microscope and saying "Yeah, these look similar, so they're probably from the same person".

It's one of many "common sense" forensics techniques that don't actually work.
    Woops. Well it's still flawed testimony from the FBI.