Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    50 in base game yes and people DO still run the 50 raids.

You won't have access to the expansion areas and to the expansion dungeons skills or 3 classes of dark knight(death Knight kinda) Astrologian and machinist(gun user)

You will also got gain xp for dungeons raids and story quests why I suggest getting it at 49 you do not need it when you buy the game
    Yeah in PF sometimes. Very unlikely to get into coil by queuing and Crystal Tower is getting slower now since more people have got their 230.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Basically, if you're going to do it, do all the talking about price etc outside of game. But yes, technically it is against ToS.
    They were doing it on jenova a few months ago with no issue using of when was the chamge?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yeah in PF sometimes. Very unlikely to get into coil by queuing and Crystal Tower is getting slower now since more people have got their 230.
    True but still run and the CT was fast enough today for me

They were doing it on jenova a few months ago with no issue using of when was the chamge?

- - - Updated - - -

True but still run and the CT was fast enough today for me
    They should just make a Raid Roulette for those 3 already that awards Lore and Eso or Eso/Poetics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    They should just make a Raid Roulette for those 3 already that awards Lore and Eso or Eso/Poetics.
    Would be cool though my overall pint I think we can all agree on that unlike wow previous expansion content IS still run is true

15+ Year Old Account
    Ive seen Gm responses that say you can, and others that say you can't (with warnings). So people are saying that its just safer to do all talk about selling houses out of game or at least don't use PF to advertise.

@Saradain can check out if you like https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXIVhousingMarket

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Ive seen Gm responses that say you can, and others that say you can't (with warnings). So people are saying that its just safer to do all talk about selling houses out of game or at least don't use PF to advertise.

can check out if you like https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXIVhousingMarket
    I'm not sure which I find more repulsive, myself trying to use PF to sell a plot free up, or people who create PF groups just to insult/distrupt the sales of the plots...At least there's no official stance, just random screenshots with no context.

15+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately the fact that there is no official stance on this is kind of annoying. If I was in such a position, I wouldn't really want to risk being pulled into jailed to be warned about this.

Just be careful, tis all I am saying.

Should get an achievement for managing to migrate from server to server without wanting to shoot yourself

FFXIV has lots to improve, the gil transfer limit and how they manage housing system is just dumb. Why not at least let players to instantly get that 80% value off your plot upon relinquishing? I don't have the time to wait for 45 days, the patch is coming with the new plots -_-

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Should get an achievement for managing to migrate from server to server without wanting to shoot yourself

FFXIV has lots to improve, the gil transfer limit and how they manage housing system is just dumb. Why not at least let players to instantly get that 80% value off your plot upon relinquishing? I don't have the time to wait for 45 days, the patch is coming with the new plots -_-
    Housing should have been unlimited - instanced if it needs to be.

Man, they really need to rework the whole system IMHO. It just doesn't scale. Adding more plots is just kicking the can down the road.

IMHO,

Personal Housing

All personal housing should be instanced - and unlimited; everyone can have one. You get your own private island in the Sea of Clouds. You can contract the goblins to "add" more islands.

Basically, they should just replicate MGSV base building,

FC Housing

This should be separate from personal housing. Let it use the current pseudo-instanced format that current housing uses - i.e. instanced neighborhoods.

FC Houses will be a meeting place and physical front for the FC. (They might want to rework the aesthetically of the neighborhoods to be more like a business district than a residential area like it is now as well.)

There will be a limited number of plots. But FCs aren't as numerous as players.

Your FC having a big FC house can denote prestige like big multinational corps having huge HQs.

Hey, I can dream right. : /
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

I dunno, it kind of defeats the purpose to me of having a fancy house with fancy stuff intentionally designed to make sure nobody ever sees it. Checking out other houses is a lot of fun in the game. I'm not sure the EverQuest 2 route is the way to go.

And MGS V... eh, not the greatest example. Absolutely massive base, very little actually going on. I say this having platinum'd the game and seen all the Mother Base cut scenes. Only one area has anything - the med bay with Paz which is also where Quiet is kept in her holding cell. The other areas only have some target practice.

Dragon Age Inquisition might be a better example, but again, the only real thing there is talking to your followers and a little customization. In an MMO you'd have more customization (and I would like to expand FC housing to a third floor for sure), but I don't see them going full blown Bioware with retainers for every player. Hate it all you want, but server stress is going to happen if you're thinking 25 million retainers worth of coding being tracked and managed.

Honestly, I think the in between solution should have been they keep the current system for FC housing only. Add instanced "apartment" housing for individual players. Japan is very familiar with a lack of real estate and apartments are quite common. Instance into a 2-3 room apartment for player housing. Only thing the FCs would have different would be the front yards for the outside trophies. Ideally, players would have their FC house to visit plus their own apartment. Maybe they could even design the apartments with a balcony giving a view of the respective city state housing area you choose your apartment to be in.

Now, assuming they had gone this route, do you ALSO allow for a private room in the FC house, replace it entirely with private apartments, or have both options but only able to choose one? Hmmmmm.

Oh boy, talk about fortuitous timing...just got all crafting classes to 50 yesterday, then remembered the live letter had occurred earlier in the day, so I skim through info on that and find the upcoming moogle beast tribe quests will be centered around crafting, so the HW equal to Ixali.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I dunno, it kind of defeats the purpose to me of having a fancy house with fancy stuff intentionally designed to make sure nobody ever sees it. Checking out other houses is a lot of fun in the game. I'm not sure the EverQuest 2 route is the way to go.

And MGS V... eh, not the greatest example. Absolutely massive base, very little actually going on. I say this having platinum'd the game and seen all the Mother Base cut scenes. Only one area has anything - the med bay with Paz which is also where Quiet is kept in her holding cell. The other areas only have some target practice.

Dragon Age Inquisition might be a better example, but again, the only real thing there is talking to your followers and a little customization. In an MMO you'd have more customization (and I would like to expand FC housing to a third floor for sure), but I don't see them going full blown Bioware with retainers for every player. Hate it all you want, but server stress is going to happen if you're thinking 25 million retainers worth of coding being tracked and managed.

Honestly, I think the in between solution should have been they keep the current system for FC housing only. Add instanced "apartment" housing for individual players. Japan is very familiar with a lack of real estate and apartments are quite common. Instance into a 2-3 room apartment for player housing. Only thing the FCs would have different would be the front yards for the outside trophies. Ideally, players would have their FC house to visit plus their own apartment. Maybe they could even design the apartments with a balcony giving a view of the respective city state housing area you choose your apartment to be in.

Now, assuming they had gone this route, do you ALSO allow for a private room in the FC house, replace it entirely with private apartments, or have both options but only able to choose one? Hmmmmm.
    You can always have people's houses listed in a directory and allow visits. Maybe even give players virtual neighbors, i.e. the boundary of your personal space in the Sea of Clouds will have exits to other player islands.

But but you can have a zoo on Mother Base ... with our houses at most you can get a 3x3 patch garden ... -_-

Why apartments when you can have your own island?! (It's not like spatial space is limited in the game.)

They should have a directory of FC member islands in FC houses so you can visit each others personal island.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Maybe I'm just way too paranoid from playing WoW, but my experience is that if I stop for 10 seconds, a DPS will pull for me or I will get hissed at so I do continue to press on.
    Fair point, your previous experiences has trained you to feel this way. I can't ever take that away from you, but I do find that generally FF14 players are more patient, ESPECIALLY when new players are involved. I think you'd agree with that.

I would never take the time to type that in a combat situation, because it is redundant data. Everyone can clearly see the yellow David St *cough* I mean the "I am a NooB!11" armband. :X
    Redundant to you sure, but to that person? Maybe not. Maybe they had no idea what that green sprout is? Sometimes there is value in establishing redundant facts so everyone knows the start point. Without it you may not be on the same page. Also I don't know about you, but taking the time is maybe 1.5 minutes at most if you're a slow typer (in english, no idea on german).

I don't disagree with your overarching statement though of typing personally, but efficiently. It's an incredibly difficult feature, I simply was trying to say that if you TRULY wanted to help that you need to put forth the time to do it.

You could teach me Math/Science, etc. whatever in a tutoring session in 15 minutes, but as a professional tutor you know for a fact that teaching someone is more about how the content is presented and applied in those sessions rather than how quickly you can do it. Does the person benefit more from cold efficient dialogue, or hands on compassionate training?

Teaching someone something in this game is no different.

I also don't ask whether someone wants pointers. Why would I do that? I just give them the information. Whether they use it immediately, later on or not at all is up to them, not me.
    I'd feel royally stupid if I asked "do you want some pointers" and the other responds "nope".
    I do it all the time. Sometimes people tell me no, sometimes people ignore me, but more often than not they'll ask. By just spurting out info you lose all credibility because you're too impersonal.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Oh, I read your post. Which is nothing more than "all these choices I'm given the ability to 'customize' in other games is lacking in X game", when in reality those choices are still somewhat limited in terms coming back to one optimial setup. Perhaps that's where our disconnect is, there will always be a mathematical optimal amount of "choices" in these games you're saying has lots of choices.
    The fact that you keep referring to always having a mathematical optimal setup is proof that you're not reading my responses. I've literally given you multiple examples of choices that have no clear mathed out advantages. I also explained how encounter design can rapidly change how effective one playstyle is for one player and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    You can always have people's houses listed in a directory and allow visits. Maybe even give players virtual neighbors, i.e. the boundary of your personal space in the Sea of Clouds will have exits to other player islands.

But but you can have a zoo on Mother Base ... with our houses at most you can get a 3x3 patch garden ... -_-

Why apartments when you can have your own island?! (It's not like spatial space is limited in the game.)

They should have a directory of FC member islands in FC houses so you can visit each others personal island.
    Well, special space is limited.

Again, if a house allows 150 items, a small apartment could allow 75.

An island would expect, what, 500 items for placement? 500 items of data x 1 million players? 2 million? 5 million? Eventually you're going to break down. There are limits to what they can do with the amount of data being stored. They've commented on this, which is why it takes time for them to keep adding houses and increase item allowances in current houses.

Now if we're just going theoretically and assuming there are no constraints or restrictions whatsoever, sure go nuts and dream big. I'd personally still prefer a subdivision owned by the FC and able to expand their base across it that way more than a chain of islands for just me, though. But you tend to prefer MMOs to be have more single player driven/design aspects, so we just have different tastes there.

And that Mother Base zoo was crap. I couldn't see my fox anywhere! Lies, LIES I SAY! *riot*
    Last edited by Faroth; 2016-05-23 at 04:37 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, special space is limited.

Again, if a house allows 150 items, a small apartment could allow 75.

An island would expect, what, 500 items for placement? 500 items of data x 1 million players? 2 million? 5 million? Eventually you're going to break down. There are limits to what they can do with the amount of data being stored. They've commented on this, which is why it takes time for them to keep adding houses and increase item allowances in current houses.

Now if we're just going theoretically and assuming there are no constraints or restrictions whatsoever, sure go nuts and dream big. I'd personally still prefer a subdivision owned by the FC and able to expand their base across it that way more than a chain of islands for just me, though. But you tend to prefer MMOs to be have more single player driven/design aspects, so we just have different tastes there.

And that Mother Base zoo was crap. I couldn't see my fox anywhere! Lies, LIES I SAY! *riot*
    I said, "spatial" not "special".

As in land mass isn't limited - although as you stated, the number of objects on the land is.

Dividing it by loading screens pretty much solves the problem though. We have unlimited number of FC rooms ...

The problem with "let's build the base together as an FC" is 99% of the time only the FC leader that is having any fun. He/she will have ultimate say over where everything is placed, what should be built ... etc. Now you might say, "Not happy? Start your own FC ..." but isn't that the same as having your own base?

I said, "spatial" not "special".

As in land mass isn't limited - although as you stated, the number of objects on the land is.

Dividing it by loading screens pretty much solves the problem though. We have unlimited number of FC rooms ...

The problem with "let's build the base together as an FC" is 99% of the time only the FC leader that is having any fun. He/she will have ultimate say over where everything is placed, what should be built ... etc. Now you might say, "Not happy? Start your own FC ..." but isn't that the same as having your own base?
    HAHAHA. Special space... I don't know what my fingers were doing, but let's keep it. It's like "hammer space" for housing.

I guess. I just don't see the appeal of having an infinite space all to yourself. No other game goes to that extent and for very good reason, but if we're just dreaming big, go for it.

As for only the FC leader is having any fun.... if you say so. I'm adjusting the FC all the time because the Company is very vocal on what the house needs modifying and remodeled...... even though they all have access to move things, *I* have to do it to their specifications.

Every time I get an idea and make a change, it has to be announced and reviewed for approval. Because if I don't.... I will never hear the end of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    ...the upcoming moogle beast tribe quests will be centered around crafting, so the HW equal to Ixali.
    Yay... maybe I finally get that darn cook to 60.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    You could teach me Math/Science, etc. whatever in a tutoring session in 15 minutes, but as a professional tutor you know for a fact that teaching someone is more about how the content is presented and applied in those sessions rather than how quickly you can do it. Does the person benefit more from cold efficient dialogue, or hands on compassionate training?

Teaching someone something in this game is no different.
    Fun fact: most pupils expect just that. I always have to tell them that it is unrealistic to expect to comprehend stuff that is taught over the span of YEARS at school within 4 hours with a private teacher.

Do they ever listen? Nope.

My boss puts it this way: they don't want a teacher, they want a magician.

You do make a lot of good points and have given me stuff to think about, so I thank you for your effort.
    I'll try to ease up on my WoW induced paranoia a bit and see what I can put into practice the next time I try to correct another player.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    HAHAHA. Special space... I don't know what my fingers were doing, but let's keep it. It's like "hammer space" for housing.

I guess. I just don't see the appeal of having an infinite space all to yourself. No other game goes to that extent and for very good reason, but if we're just dreaming big, go for it.

As for only the FC leader is having any fun.... if you say so. I'm adjusting the FC all the time because the Company is very vocal on what the house needs modifying and remodeled...... even though they all have access to move things, *I* have to do it to their specifications.

Every time I get an idea and make a change, it has to be announced and reviewed for approval. Because if I don't.... I will never hear the end of it.
    I mean I live in a cramped city. Since there is no cost to huge open spaces in games, especially with teleporters, why not.

So you are an FC leader ... >.>

You don't understand the struggles of the man on the ground. ;_;

I mean I live in a cramped city. Since there is no cost to huge open spaces in games, especially with teleporters, why not.

So you are an FC leader ... >.>

You don't understand the struggles of the man on the ground. ;_;
    To be fair, I'll acknowledge I'm also likely an exception to the standard. My FC is small, made up pretty much 99% of people with RL connections to one another (to some degree of separation), so my friends can harrass me to make changes in and out of the game. From updating rank authorizations, to giving people access to things, to changing someone's promotion, to inviting people, changing things in the house, I'm more often told what to do than making changes myself with most aspects of the FC.

Me and one other tend to be the most interested in housing updates, but once we do make the changes, the whole FC will descend and critique it and tell us how to change what we changed.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know how people say open world content is trivial with no challenge and is boring ...

I think I know why now.

Level design (including enemy placement; which is pretty much random in MMOs like WoW and FFXIV).

In MMOs, the levels are pretty much open areas that are designed solely for looks and convenience - and zero thought towards gameplay.

Sadly, this means Deep Dungeons are going to feel a tad "flat" and play more like Diablo with it's mindless killing.