Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Dear Mercy players

I'm very sorry to break the news to you, but you are somewhat responsible for your own safety. Being the healer does not exempt you from having to make smart positioning choices. Yes the team should protect you, but that's not the only responsibility of the rest of the team. I'm very tired of people playing mercy and raging at the team because they died. If you got sniped, let the team know where you got sniped from. Don't just blindly rage at everyone after you just shifted to our reaper that was in the middle of the entire enemy team. 75% of being a good Mercy is being able to juke the enemy team. Also, pay attention to the enemies team composition. If you are getting focused by a sniper AND a tracer/genji, then is probably time to switch healers. A Winston pick from your team can help counter snipers and tracers, but not both at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    I'm very sorry to break the news to you, but you are somewhat responsible for your own safety. Being the healer does not exempt you from having to make smart positioning choices. Yes the team should protect you, but that's not the only responsibility of the rest of the team. I'm very tired of people playing mercy and raging at the team because they died. If you got sniped, let the team know where you got sniped from. Don't just blindly rage at everyone after you just shifted to our reaper that was in the middle of the entire enemy team. 75% of being a good Mercy is being able to juke the enemy team. Also, pay attention to the enemies team composition. If you are getting focused by a sniper AND a tracer/genji, then is probably time to switch healers. A Winston pick from your team can help counter snipers and tracers, but not both at the same time.
    By this same token, I'd like to respond, don't blindly rage at your Mercy or say shit heals because I stay back and watch the 2 players circle behind you and wipe the group because you have no awareness. Don't get me wrong, I'll do everything I can to keep you alive, but when I see a Hanzo circle my team 4 times in a row expecting them to shut him down instead of letting him chase me all over and then turn to kill my teammates, I'm more than likely not going to walk hand in hand with the group.
    This is not a response because I e played with you, I don't know if I have, but I've seen things like this time and time agains where some people just blindly assume a healer will be able to keep them alive taking direct fire from 2 Bastions and a Tor turret and then talk about how shifty I am because I couldn't keep them alive thru it, oh, and the above example also applies.

Dear Non-mercy players... dont ever ASK for heals in chat beyond the "i need healing" button... if you need healing that badly its likely because you were dumb enough to get shot... just like in real life.... and should you be one of those idiots.. then i'll gladly switch to being someone elses pocket healer... kty

Always spend your vote on mercy at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by zanderken3 View Post
    Always spend your vote on mercy at the end.
    I typically spend my votes on healing > absorbs/blocks > whatever I feel like

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    I typically spend my votes on healing > absorbs/blocks > whatever I feel like
    i spend them on:
    myself > heals > absorbs/blocks > whatever i feel like.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    it does annoy me when im healing our reinhardt, getting shot at from a lot, and the rein just decides to charge into the enemies, leaving me stranded back taking fire from all the enemies, and rein in the middle with no healer :x

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear non-Mercy players. Just because we hang back and have a Pistol, doesn't mean we're your tail gunner - we're not much of a match for most proper DPS classes. Also, when your health is critical, don't run away from the group.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-05-28 at 11:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you that Mercy needs to have awareness and communication. The same goes for any player, really. It's annoys me way more when I'm playing Lucio and some teammate is on the opposite side of the map and spam their "I need healing" button when I'm on the objective with the team. You want healing? You know where I am, come get in range. Or when the team is forming up and no one chooses a heal and then someone hits the "We need a healer" button. Okay then...go switch, buddy.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Coincidentally, I just had this for the first time on a payload defense. I dove right into their group as Mei (semi-suicidal run) with ice walls and ice blocks and a blizzard, and when I finally died, Mercy called me out on not protecting her.

I mean..I was kinda busy holding 4 of them off and wasn't even expecting a squishy Mercy to follow me into that mess, y'know?

Dear whichever special Mercy I had earlier. YOU ARE NOT A GODDAMN TANK. Don't go running in like you are Rambo or something when nobody else was running in and focusing on the control point.

I'm pretty bad with Mercy, but I've been having some fun with Lucio so I'll add this:

Don't call for healing if you are:

1. Behind enemy lines
    2. Nowhere near the objective
    3. Using some movement mechanic I cannot possible keep up with

It isn't happening.

Are you the kind of guy who rages at your team because no one wants to play support, yet you never play it yourself?
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

dear none mercy players: while we are responsible for our positioning, everything else is on you.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    Are you the kind of guy who rages at your team because no one wants to play support, yet you never play it yourself?
    Ohhhhhhhh I love those

"need 1 healer or sentry (I don't know what a sentry is but he asked for one)"
    "You'r free to change too, Tracer! (We already had Reaper, McCree and Pharah)
    "Nope"

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Ohhhhhhhh I love those

"need 1 healer or sentry (I don't know what a sentry is but he asked for one)"
    "You'r free to change too, Tracer! (We already had Reaper, McCree and Pharah)
    "Nope"

Oh my god right? Playing defense, I picked Symettra because it's a good map for her, then we had 2 people playing Hanzo, 1 Rein, and 2 Genji's. All 5 start spamming about how we need a healing support on the team, then just continually feed kills because they try running in on Tracer as Hanzo, or run at Bastion's without using Deflection. Of course, I'm chilling with Sym getting kills at the defense point and being yelled at by my teammates because they want a Mercy or Lucio. Finally I switch, just to watch them play suicide run & fun and then complain I wasn't healing enough. Just...what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it is totally my fault that I notice the Genji and Tracer coming at me from behind and they chase me all over Blizzards creation while the rest of the team pushes forwards and still manages to die before I do.

Seriously I'm praying for someone on my team to show up so I can shift to them.. never happens as I've been abandoned for their hunt of the lone Mcree. Life as a Mercy is so damned frustrating because any team worth their salt is going gun her down first and they do. They'll use any means needed to kill Mercy first.

Also for the love of all, stop spreading out so damn much. Watching 3 or 4 people die so far apart makes me rage so much. Then they complain about not getting resurrected, morons, not like the ability has unlimited range.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    I've had people tell me to play support or tank and I refuse when ordered. I'll player either one unless told.

Dear Mercy players,

I'm sorry.

Love,
    D.Va
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Dear non-Mercy players,

PLEASE STOP STANDING IN A HUDDLED LINE, I HATE TRYING TO TARGET THE RIGHT PERSON TO HEAL. STOP PLAYING MONKEY IN THE MIDDLE WITH THE DYING PLAYER.

But yeah, don't blame the team either if you get caught out as Mercy, unless it's literally something like them abandoning you or just watching you die repeatedly.

Dear 3rd Genji in my team. Your Reinhardt could need some heal (I'm so happy I'm above lvl 30 where most problems are gone)

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    Dear 3rd Genji in my team. Your Reinhardt could need some heal (I'm so happy I'm above lvl 30 were most problems are gone)
    Genuine LOL. It's funny because it's true.
    You die.
    You are dead.