Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Yeah, I forgot about Jojen. I may be wrong, but his visions in the show are not really about the future. And I really don't remember him saying that he knew how he was going to die. He certainly didn't look like he knew it when that wight grabbed his ankle...

As for the Raven's body language in Winterfell, it didn't strike me as different from the one he had in other visions. He always looked aloof and passive, as an observer and that's all.

The Raven said that Bran was not ready to take his place, not that he wasn't ready to influence the past, or to understand what influence he could have. And again, how did Bran influence the past? Hodor was already Hodor. Nothing has changed. The past remained the same, the present too, despite Bran's action. The ink is dry.

We'll have to wait and see who is right. However, it does look like the show (and maybe the book) follows the idea that the Universe is predestined. That kind of temporal loop (Wylis turning to Hodor because of Bran's action in the future) is only possible if there is predestination. As is prophecy. We'll see.
    The thing about Jojen is there is more than one occurrence of him saying he's seen something before it happened. As for the rest, you're right. We'll have to wait and see. At this point, it's a difference in opinion mostly. Personally, I think the 'ink is dry' statement served merely to have Bran refrain from attempting anything that could interfere with the past, before he has the knowledge and experience to understand the possible ramifications of his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post

Also: episode 8 being called "No one" fills me with hope it'll be that rare creature: an Arya heavy episode!
    Well, that isn't for certain. "The Door" was obviously all about Hodor, but he only got like 5 mins of screentime :P Usually the episode titles are related to the endings of the episode.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    The thing about Jojen is there is more than one occurrence of him saying he's seen something before it happened. As for the rest, you're right. We'll have to wait and see. At this point, it's a difference in opinion mostly. Personally, I think the 'ink is dry' statement served merely to have Bran refrain from attempting anything that could interfere with the past, before he has the knowledge and experience to understand the possible ramifications of his actions.
    Sure the "ink is dry" quote means that if Bran fiddles with the past he was meant ot all along.
    It's all predetermined and what you thought was tampering with the timeline was actually already done and you had to do it because it was supposed to...

Confusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Sure the "ink is dry" quote means that if Bran fiddles with the past he was meant ot all along.
    It's all predetermined and what you thought was tampering with the timeline was actually already done and you had to do it because it was supposed to...

Confusing.
    It is confusing. As the great Chief Miles Edward O'Brien once said: "I hate temporal mechanics!"
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post

Confusing.
    Perhaps, but within the context that it was said to Bran, it seemed more to mean that he can't affect the past, which immediately felt like a cheap lie. Like a parent telling a child that babies come in the mail or that there's a monster in their closet, etc.

Honestly I feel like it's simply a contradiction that they went with just for the drama of each individual moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CalasEU View Post
    Well, that isn't for certain. "The Door" was obviously all about Hodor, but he only got like 5 mins of screentime :P Usually the episode titles are related to the endings of the episode.
    That's an annoyingly good point. I'm still going to hold out hope of lots of Arya badassitude and possibly the return of The Hound.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Personally, I hope we get to see some more Gendry soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceronash View Post
    Personally, I hope we get to see some more Gendry soon.
    He's still rowing the boat. We're never seeing him again.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

I hope the episode gets leaked early like last week, cause tomorrow I won't be home to watch it And if they actually show Benjen, oh man...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    I hope the episode gets leaked early like last week, cause tomorrow I won't be home to watch it And if they actually show Benjen, oh man...
    NO FK OFF!

So god damn sick and tired of being spoiled. It's not possible going on the internet if an episode gets leaked without getting spoiled because every one on the planet seems to talk about it whether it's relevant or not.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    He's still rowing the boat. We're never seeing him again.
    Imagine his muscles after few years (?) of non stop rowing. What does he eat and drink tho?

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    NO FK OFF!

So god damn sick and tired of being spoiled. It's not possible going on the internet if an episode gets leaked without getting spoiled because every one on the planet seems to talk about it whether it's relevant or not.
    News flash don't read them?
    No one is supposed to wait for some one who has no time to watch the show.
    This is a discussion thread you don't like the spoilers? Do not visit the topic till you've seen the episode/season what ever you have missed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    News flash don't read them?
    No one is supposed to wait for some one who has no time to watch the show.
    This is a discussion thread you don't like the spoilers? Do not visit the topic till you've seen the episode/season what ever you have missed.
    News flash? How about it releases when it's supposed too? Only way I'm going to find out an episode is leaked is because by chance I see someone talk about it and 100% of the time it contains spoilers.

How about you get the fuck out of this SPOILER thread if you don't want SPOILERS?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    News flash? How about it releases when it's supposed too? Only way I'm going to find out an episode is leaked is because by chance I see someone talk about it and 100% of the time it contains spoilers.
    Spoilers in this thread mean everything - future episodes, plot points, screenshots, set photos - you name it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paklaaji View Post
    Spoilers in this thread mean everything - future episodes, plot points, screenshots, set photos - you name it.
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    How about you get the fuck out of this SPOILER thread if you don't want SPOILERS?
    Did I mention that I said I got spoiled from this website? No I didn't.

So god damn sick and tired of being spoiled.
    ????

Then why be in a SPOILER thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paklaaji View Post
    Wow that is stupid if they reintroduce the Blackfish just to fucking kill him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    ????

Then why be in a SPOILER thread?
    Because evidently I've seen the latest episode and the next one isn't out yet.