Page 65 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    mop almost killed the game with its lfr distribution, and WoD couldn't recover from that
    same goes for lich with cata continuing lich ideas

Sure, more will come to see what this legion hype is about, but millions of players don't make Call of Duty a good game, right?
    but the next xpac after legion will kill this game for good, it will remain a popular MMO, just with no old players left in it.

I'll stay for the story and won't raid past lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Because thats the only way terrible players like him can get good gear.
    I do heroic but I want everyone to have the same gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    I do heroic but I want everyone to have the same gear.
    And I want TBC model back, with only one difficulty of raids, 2 difficulties of dungeons requiring rep to unlock and no LFG/LFD tools.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Well as long as tier is not in dungeons (or other non-raiding content) it will still be raid or die (in MoP version which is still better than the status quo)
    This is quite accurate. Noone can settle with only non-raid gear, even if its 30+ ilvls above teh raid gear, at least on tier slots. And that only heappens because they always make tiers too much OP, or they release broken classes and fix them with set bonuses, AKA WoD Arms.
    Simple solution would be to make classes fun / engaging / smooth rotations, and leave the class changing customizations for talents, and make set bonuses flat damage increases. that would solve everything.

Quote Originally Posted by normiegonnanorm View Post
    mop almost killed the game with its lfr distribution,
    LFR saved Cataclysm from experiencing a worse decline.

and WoD couldn't recover from that
    WoD's problem wasn't because of LFR.

same goes for lich with cata continuing lich ideas
    The only really bad idea from LK that was continued was having a higher difficulty raid mode for the better players. Sending most of your customers the message that they suck turns out to not be good for a game aimed at the general market.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The only really bad idea from LK that was continued was having a higher difficulty raid mode for the better players. Sending most of your customers the message that they suck turns out to not be good for a game aimed at the general market.
    --SNIP--

Don't post spam.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-05-29 at 04:10 PM.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

I wont read over 67 pages of posts but..

This is the reason why i didnt play at WoD past one character and 5 garrison gold makers without any gear and why me and pretty much all 5-10 of my friends playing WoW still dont have a sub right now.

The fact that there was no set bonus in LFR for the alts.

We dont have the time or patience to raid on every alt on scheduled times past the main character for 4-6 hours a week.

How exactly am i gonna go in a normal raid without a set bonus when its easily like a 20% DPS increase? I wont even count the legendary ring which is usually another 10% on top of that.

Passive item level to get into the raid i will just use random numbers:

Item level 700 with cooldown management bla bla-->45-50K DPS -->Set Bonus 60-65K DPS-->Ring-->70K DPS.

So my main would at least carry his own ass.

The alt of 680 level without a set bonus or a full ring cause i need 1 month to farm it : 40-45K DPS at the end of the fight with some cooldown management.

How exactly would a 40-45K alt would manage in a raid of the next tier with such low dps? Of course it wouldnt.

At least with the LFR bonus of the previous tier and the ring of the previous tier that 45K would be like 55-60K and it would be manageable.
    Last edited by potis; 2016-05-29 at 03:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flakstorm View Post
    This is quite accurate. Noone can settle with only non-raid gear, even if its 30+ ilvls above teh raid gear, at least on tier slots. And that only heappens because they always make tiers too much OP, or they release broken classes and fix them with set bonuses, AKA WoD Arms.
    Simple solution would be to make classes fun / engaging / smooth rotations, and leave the class changing customizations for talents, and make set bonuses flat damage increases. that would solve everything.
    That's not entirely true, the set bonuses as they currently read are definitely NOT that strong to compete with vastly higher ilvl.
    Most of them read like 3-5% overall dps increases, tops. Which boils down to maybe 10-15 ilvls, if that.

Assuming you can push Mythic + sufficiently, there will certainly be room to gear yourself higher than raid gear of whatever level you would be raiding.
    I also don't know whatthe problem is, as you're getting Tier sets in LFR..which is not raiding.

I think they should gimp the set bonuses.

(meme deleted)
    I've heard that if a game designer comes up with a meme that insults their customers, they are totally off the hook for any bad consequences of their design decisions.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but currently the Tier loot on wowhead.com does not have any "raid finder" tags. Also, LFR Tier would not be 875 ilvl, as that is Mythic. LFR will be 835+, just above what you can get from outdoor PvE and Heroics as always.

Take these datamined infos with a huge grain of salt, it's very likely placeholder items.
    Tier sets are from the second raid, Nighthold, since Emerald Nightmare gear is just like Highmaul gear, they dont have tier sets. 835 LFR will be for Emerald Nightmare raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    I think they should gimp the set bonuses.
    Agreed.
    /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Flakstorm View Post
    Tier sets are from the second raid, Nighthold, since Emerald Nightmare gear is just like Highmaul gear, they dont have tier sets. 835 LFR will be for Emerald Nightmare raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed.
    /10char
    Let's just hope they don't gate Nighthold by 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Let's just hope they don't gate Nighthold by nearly 3 months.
    Expect the same gating for LFR as we had in WoD.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

So Blizz said in MoP having LFR drop tier hurt raiding because people saw they had the same looking gear in a different colour as *insert top guild here* so they figured they'd finished the game and never bothered with proper raiding.
    In WoD lfr dropped crappy gear with no set bonus (which it should) which could be a problem as some specs are tuned to function around tier bonuses.

So isn't the solution for legion to have LFR drop bad looking gear with bad stats that still retain the set bonuses so casual players/alts can still function while questing or w/e without feeling like they've achieved some sort of raiding status (as they hadn't).

Expect the same gating for LFR as we had in WoD.
    Tbh I re edited that as 2 because I meant for the gating between Highmaul and BRF and forgot like a total idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Tbh I re edited that as 2 because I meant for the gating between Highmaul and BRF and forgot like a total idiot.
    Yeah, I think time between EN and Nighthold will be longer, because Ion once said that time between HM -> BRF was short and they learned from it.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

And I want TBC model back, with only one difficulty of raids, 2 difficulties of dungeons requiring rep to unlock and no LFG/LFD tools.
    Then I think you are playing the wrong game because that will never return to WoW.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Then I think you are playing the wrong game because that will never return to WoW.
    People saying what they want left and right in this thread, so I can state my wants as well.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

People saying what they want left and right in this thread, so I can state my wants as well.
    Never said you couldn't.

You stated your opinion and I stated mine.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I kinda don't mind the change, will be easier to get decent gear on alts without having to focus, while I raid normally on my main character.