Page 70 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by badgersmashr View Post
    even as a mythic raider, i only see tier in lfr as something that will benefit me, hooray for easier maintanence of alts.
    Too true. Currently I find my alts get to end game level, I look at the "generi-junk" sets that are poops up LFR loot tables and...I just don't see the point of even bothering.

Whereas when you have a unique class themed set to farm, you not only want to gear up, but you also have a desire to continue farming the pieces that match your set.

I think WoD has proved the experiment with changes to the LFR loot table were a massive failure and I for one am glad to see the ass end of them.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Toro S View Post
    If you own a house full of cats and they make a huge mess everywhere inside, doing whatever the f they want - is it cats' problem to solve the chaos?
    Cats are jerks.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    LFR = see how the raid content looks without any effort or guild obligations.
    There is absolutely no need for LFR to be a part of the most efficient way to get starting raid gear.
    LFR should give the same quality of gear as heroic 5man, or perhaps a tiny bit better.

Players who will only do LFR do not need powerful Set gear/bonuses, since LFR is all they are interested in doing.
    Players who want to do normal/heroic/mythic should never have to suffer through LFR just to get gear faster.
    You have NO clue what you are talking about. Tier gear HAS a purpose for Players that do actually play LFR exclusively: it offers them..... progression. It doesn't matter if you or other "wannabe pros" think that you can determine what people actually need or deserve.
    And second: you actually DO know that by the time LFR is open for people to play EVERY SINGLE normal/heroic/Mythic Player already HAVE their gear? i don't know what you have to do to have those BS-thoughts, but you are missing a ton of facts before spread uneducated rumors and lies around. LFR, no matter if it has tier-gear or not, does NOT effect normal+ raiding in any way..... of course, if you are a person with a weak will you might feel that you are forced to do LFR. But every Normal/heroic/mythic race is over before LFR opens the gates.

Deleted
    I don't raid much beyond LFR, as I spend most of my time roleplaying. That said, I do appreciate that LFR tier gear gives the casual player (PvE wise, anyhow) a sense of some progression.

I'd be cool with LFR tier gear looking rather dull compared to the higher difficulties though. I feel that there should be some visible distinction between players, so people who put more time into the game can feel more rewarded. Think WoD Mythic sets, but for each level of difficulty. The higher you go, the spikes on your shoulders grow longer and more glow, as an example.

This is all disregarding transmog, though. So I suppose visuals don't matter nearly as much as they used to. Either way, as long as LFR tier gear is not as powerful as normal lfr gear, I don't think there's anything majorly wrong with it.

I feel like it would be cool to have a way to easily get tier pieces on alt, and it is not like it takes anything from heroic raiders (or even mythic).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeviona View Post
    Thats how almost the time the legendary ring takes on Live :-) Casuals will have the whole expansion to work on the artifact and alts.
    Not at all? In Live, the Ring Quest takes a few hours a week to cap it out, the Artifact doesn't follow the same road, the more you play, the more AP you get.

Outside raiders crying about more to do (Yes, I raid myself), then I see the positive for those who are stuck at LFR (Yes, they exist), are no longer behind due to not having any kind of set bonus, and no, the ones from LFR does not really count. I got several friends who dont really want to raid other than pugs, but they are rarely getting into any runs that let them pass by Kormrok in the first place, before being removed. They are not horrible dps/healers (althought not great either), but are most of the time being told, they are being removed due to not having set (I am being told).

So short; This creates a better stepping stone towards Normal/Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post
    everyone who isn't AFK will be able to do it.
    Aren't you a smart one you detected the problem. All it does it put that added difficulty on the shoulders on the few who somewhat want to play and having to carry the trash.
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    You're wasting your breath here.
    Winning through effort as a whole seemingly got a whole lot less attractive since the majority of gamers consists of terribad failures.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    LFR = see how the raid content looks without any effort or guild obligations.
    There is absolutely no need for LFR to be a part of the most efficient way to get starting raid gear.
    LFR should give the same quality of gear as heroic 5man, or perhaps a tiny bit better.

Players who will only do LFR do not need powerful Set gear/bonuses, since LFR is all they are interested in doing.
    Players who want to do normal/heroic/mythic should never have to suffer through LFR just to get gear faster.
    they do need those bonuses for mythic + dungeon which will be integral part of gearing up in legion and alternative to raiding - i strongly suspect mythic + dungeon are one of main reasons tier shows up again in lfr as people are meant to progress through mythic + as alternative to raiding. lfr will not be most efficient way mythic + dungeons will be and are meant to be

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Aren't you a smart one you detected the problem. All it does it put that added difficulty on the shoulders on the few who somewhat want to play and having to carry the trash.
    I though anyone and everyone can afk LFR or has your stance on that changed.

Also why would anyone want to group with you when you so clearly look down on the playerbase. The funny part is the "Trash" you speak of is normally those who raid above LFR that afk's in it.

As a matter of fact I bet you afk in it every single time.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I though anyone and everyone can afk LFR or has your stance on that changed.

Also why would anyone want to group with you when you so clearly look down on the playerbase. The funny part is the "Trash" you speak of is normally those who raid above LFR that afk's in it.
    I am aware it might be a bit hard for you to grasp but I mentioned easily three times that having increased difficulty only increases how much the carries have to do and does nothing for the rest.
    Some people like to succeed without drama and I take bets you have some conceivable proof on the latter because strangely enough raiders don't even have reasons to go lfr anymore and the afks, trash and semi afks are still there in masses.

I am aware it might be a bit hard for you to grasp but I mentioned easily three times that having increased difficulty only increases how much the carries have to do and does nothing for the rest.
    Some people like to succeed without drama and I take bets you have some conceivable proof on the latter because strangely enough raiders don't even have reasons to go lfr anymore and the afks, trash and semi afks are still there in masses.
    Oh there is a clear reason why they go there (Some at lease).

Its the same reason people like Jaylock make threads on here.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Oh there is a clear reason why they go there (Some at lease).

Its the same reason people like Jaylock make threads on here.
    Sure sure stick to your fairy tale that every underperformer and afk is in fact a baiting raider. What do they say these days - elegiggle ?

Sure sure stick to your fairy tale that every underperformer and afk is in fact a baiting raider. What do they say these days - elegiggle ?
    Where did I say it was every under performer. All I said was a good amount is people who don't want to be there or belong there is the ones who afk.

Can you prove different.....no didn't think so.

Deleted
    Strange... when i went LFR, the only people that have been afk, have been mostly ones that had heroic raid-gear. Oh.... you mean they did carry the others by insulting them while standing there doing nothing?

I guessed those People have been infested with some kind of brain illness (maybe the fel) that made them think that the game and all others should revolve around them and Hc/mythic raids.... sadly it doesn't.

There should be a way for Mythic dungeons players or mythic dungeon plus to be able to acquire tier gear..either by luck/drop or via a token system. If this turn out to make LFR better than dungeon once again, I wont be staying past the first-second month, as I did in WoD..
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Mind explaining how Carl Willford in Texas who got his 4p in lfr and plays 3 hours a week will hurt you and your personal progress?

Once you stop to think about others and start to think about what you do to enjoy your gameplay, things like what Happens in LFR suddenly becomes less important.
    Because Carl will then show up on the doorstep of my raid team expecting to be handed a spot. Carl will be completely unprepared and a waste of our time as we are working on progressing against whatever bosses we are working on. Carl will be sat or worse. Carl will complain. Carl will be told shut up Carl.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Because Carl will then show up on the doorstep of my raid team expecting to be handed a spot. Carl will be completely unprepared and a waste of our time as we are working on progressing against whatever bosses we are working on. Carl will be sat or worse. Carl will complain. Carl will be told shut up Carl.
    Ya that totally happens.....

Maybe you shouldn't invite members you are not going to use or at lease wait until after your done progressing. No one likes sitting in a guild with there thump up there ass.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Then it's the job of your raid team to tell this hypothetical straw-person "no". Just because someone expects a spot doesn't mean you have to give him one or even do anything beyond ignoring him. Set your own standards and don't worry about what other people do.

All of the players in my mythic raid team see this change as positive. More fun for the players who only want to do the lower level raids. And it helps us out for the first few weeks of the expansion where we can pick up our missing 1-2 pieces of tier through lfr to finish a set bonus earlier than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sxq View Post
    Then it's the job of your raid team to tell this hypothetical straw-person "no". Just because someone expects a spot doesn't mean you have to give him one or even do anything beyond ignoring him. Set your own standards and don't worry about what other people do.

All of the players in my mythic raid team see this change as positive. More fun for the players who only want to do the lower level raids. And it helps us out for the first few weeks of the expansion where we can pick up our missing 1-2 pieces of tier through lfr to finish a set bonus earlier than normal.
    are the lfr tier going to match the real tier once again or are they going to be totally different bonuses?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP