Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I wanted the movie to be a success, but now I find myself feeling completely different.

Deleted
    I preffer movie to not fail i need my bow transmog when next part get released

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    I assume it's bad because of the trailers with horrible music and cringe-worthy humor. I have no interest in purchasing a ticket.
    Whoever made those trailers need to be flogged in the town square. They do not set the tone of the movie at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by izayoi80 View Post
    Are these the same people who thought the new Star Wars was good too?
    You seem to not understand how tastes work.

For some people (from my point of view, majority of SW fans) - the Ep. VII was amazing and way better than the "new" trilogy.
    But yeah, I understand there are people who hate the movie, maybe even for the same reasons other people love it.

With Warcraft - the same, I'm quite sure I'm gonna fucking love it, because I loved the trailers and the featurettes so far, but I accept and understand that you may not have the same view on it as I do.

Just don't generalize - there are no universally good or bad movies, even Godfathers or Shawshank Redemption are considered by some as awful and that doesn't mean those people are stupid or have a bad taste.

The movie is very rushed and human actors cannot act, bad crowd/animals CGI, low-budget fighting scenes and poor choreography. And Garona. And a dismal, unmemorable soundtrack.

It would be salvageable if there were more impressive cast and larger exposure of the story. Or maybe just some more humor, as 3 jokes per movie are too few.
    Last edited by Tackhisis; 2016-06-01 at 08:17 AM.

It was a great movie, but in the last 6 years people have become very whiney and demanding. The story is the exact same (too an extend) as it was in the game, I don't understand how it is bad if you liked the story in the game. Stupid people lol

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    You seem to not understand how tastes work.

For some people (from my point of view, majority of SW fans) - the Ep. VII was amazing and way better than the "new" trilogy.
    But yeah, I understand there are people who hate the movie, maybe even for the same reasons other people love it.

With Warcraft - the same, I'm quite sure I'm gonna fucking love it, because I loved the trailers and the featurettes so far, but I accept and understand that you may not have the same view on it as I do.

Just don't generalize - there are no universally good or bad movies, even Godfathers or Shawshank Redemption are considered by some as awful and that doesn't mean those people are stupid or have a bad taste.
    "But according to my taste the movie is shit and my taste is clearly superior to yours therefore you can't enjoy the film, so shut the fuck up, the movie is bad, go eat shit, fuck your taste." - RedGamerSomething & izayoi80.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I didn't think I would enjoy the movie, why the fuck would I pay for it? Do you realize that in some places in the US, ticket prices are over $12? That's almost the cost of the fucking DVD. I'm going to see it because I enjoyed WoW for a long time, and think I will enjoy the movie. I don't care what other people say. But I'm not going to pay $11.50 (our current prices) to see a movie I know I won't like. Case in point, X-Men: Apocalypse. I think the previews looked bad, it seems to be getting expectedly bad reviews as well, and since I ALREADY thought it would be bad, I am not going to see it in theater.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glorygores View Post
    How is the Warcraft movie anything similar to WOD's shit ass time-travel shenanigans? It's straight up WC1 with some minor alterations to it.
    You're being extremely kind to Warlords, there.

Oh, and OT:

The movie is actually pretty good. It has some trouble with aspects of character development (there are so many), but the material has generally been dealt with maturely and intelligently.

Going to leave this here.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803096/ratings

Only a small vocal minority want this movie to fail. There are certain circles of the community that dont want gaming to be a part of our culture, and will pin everything wrong with society on gaming and gamers. A video game movie doing well at the box office is a threat for those types of people.

If you wanna shit all over this movie fine but imo just have the common decency to watch it first and not say 'Movie is shit cause so and so critic told me it was haha i told you so'

Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    Going to leave this here.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803096/ratings

Only a small vocal minority want this movie to fail. There are certain circles of the community that dont want gaming to be a part of our culture, and will pin everything wrong with society on gaming and gamers. A video game movie doing well at the box office is a threat for those types of people.
    Look, the question shouldn't be "Will fans of the series like it?" because we will and I suggest that everyone who has ever liked a Warcraft game to go and see because they will enjoy it.

The question should be "Will the general moviegoers like it?" and the answer is no - the film is too much of an awkward mess to please them.

Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    Look, the question shouldn't be "Will fans of the series like it?" because we will and I suggest that everyone who has ever liked a Warcraft game to go and see because they will enjoy it.

The question should be "Will the general moviegoers like it?" and the answer is no - the film is too much of an awkward mess to please them.
    Unless the general moviegoers actually voice their opinions, you don't know that. A fucking movie critic is not a general moviegoer, so don't take their opinions as the general consensus.
    Last edited by mauserr; 2016-06-01 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    Unless the general moviegoers actually voice their opinions, you don't know that. A fucking movie critic is not a general moviegoer, so don't take their opinions as the general consensus. It's not.
    The general moviegoers I saw from the theater had a confused look after the movie had ended. I think it needed one more hour to its run time to flesh out the characters more. If you don't have previous knowledge of the lore you won't understand Medivh's motivations which are central to Warcraft I's plot. It really suffers from a poor plot and really bad dialogue at times.

Sorry man, I liked the film but I can't recommend it to people who know nothing about the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldriss View Post
    lots of people hate blizzard and world of warcraft and theyre taking that hate and putting it into bad publicity for the movie usually with no basis
    OR they just don't like the movie.

What is with movies these days, if you don't like how the new Ghostbusters looks you are a misogynist, if you don't like how the WoW movie looks you simply "hate Blizzard and World of Warcraft".
    Why do people interpret so much into movies all of a sudden? No one ever said that you hate FPS if you don't like the doom movie...

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    OR they just don't like the movie.

What is with movies these days, if you don't like how the new Ghostbusters looks you are a misogynist, if you don't like how the WoW movie looks you simply "hate Blizzard and World of Warcraft".
    Why do people interpret so much into movies all of a sudden? No one ever said that you hate FPS if you don't like the doom movie...
    i think its more "why do they hate it SO MUCH" when he dont deserve so much spite in the face, when its a decent movie.

Deleted
    I dont play the game anymore. I didnt expect anything from the movie and The trailers were "meh" at best to me. Nothing exciting really.

I've seen the movie yesterday and I really liked it. I'm not a lore nerd but you shouldn't judge the movie by the trailers

Quote Originally Posted by Evilananazz View Post
    I guess I'm one of those haters. Blizzard have fucked up their storytelling in most games recently and world of warcraft is a mess. Not to mention them giving us older players the finger with all the "You think you do but you don't" Bullshit.

But I'd say the movie was good. I ha a lot of fun with it and seeing orcs, humans and the world of warcraft (pun not intended) come to life on the silver screen was a really cool experience. I also saw it with a friend who never played warcraft or knew much about it. He was amazed.

Your whole STORYTELLING is BullShit man.

Complete BS because that's simply personal opinion.

A story can be Godlike for someone and completely FU for another.

I love reading Lovecraft books and short stories. I think they are mostly AMAZING.

Yet I can understand why the man was not recognised during his life time and died poor...

But story lines are so personal you can't take it as a reference at all.

As long as the product is professionally made, the product is simply "good". Whether you like historical movies, war movies, fantasy movies, detectives, love affairs or Victorian Butler series like Downton Abbey or watch stories unfold in Iron Man cartoon movies, that's SOOOOOOOOO much personal.

That's why these 1/10 haters have no legs to stand on really.

I LOVE the story telling of historical BOARD WARGAMING and these are being played by 0.01% of the population.

I only get angry when a noob in that genre comes to me and tells me that sucks.

The same with all kinds of products we consume and have fun with.

So you think that story is bad in a game ? Good, move on now. Luckily we don't have all your taste ...
    Last edited by BenBos; 2016-06-01 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post

I love reading Lovecraft books and short stories. I think they are mostly AMAZING.

Yet I can understand why the man was not recognised during his life time and died poor...

As long as the product is professionally made, the product is simply "good". Whether you like historical movies, war movies, fantasy movies, detectives, love affairs or Victorian Butler series like Downton Abbey or watch stories unfold in Iron Man cartoon movies, that's SOOOOOOOOO much personal.

I LOVE the story telling of historical BOARD WARGAMING and these are being played by 0.01% of the population.

Whether you like a plot or not is subjective, whether a plot is written well is objective.

The film's plot is presented haphazardly and is written poorly because it expects you to know the backstory of all of the characters when you go into the theater. That's the primary reason why you have such polarising opinions about it. As fans we know who Medivh is and we know that he is possessed by Sargeras and that's why he is evil. This is not conveyed well in the film because the plot does not account for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post

So you think that story is bad in a game ? Good, move on now. Luckily we don't have all your taste ...
    Well the point of my post was to show me my opinion of blizzard, their story telling and the current state of WoW, then continue on to say I liked the movie despite all of that. So,, uh yeh. My whole post was opinions.