Deleted
    What are the odds on Randyll chasing after Sam and Gilly with his recognized son and heir and getting pwned by Sam with his own ubersword?

It's just the sort of shit the show would pull. Ignoring the whole patricide angle and killing of important lords and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    What are the odds on Randyll chasing after Sam and Gilly with his recognized son and heir and getting pwned by Sam with his own ubersword?

It's just the sort of shit the show would pull. Ignoring the whole patricide angle and killing of important lords and such.
    That would be so bad it would go past good and back to bad again.
    Would be just as bad if no chase ensued; have to wait out and see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Health View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    Besides, you don't gain any knowledge of a useful spec if you level as BM
    When you're asleep, me and an enchancement shaman are gonna enter your room and beastcleave you to tears.

Deleted

He'll get dragged back to Horn Hill, then his father will come to see him in the courtyard, surrounded my his own soldiers, at which point Sam will stab him and no one will bat an eyelid, because apparently thats what people do when there Lord is killed nowadays.

Deleted
    I have a feeling Randyll's new heir will turn on him and do him in if they go the GIVE ME BACK MY SWORD OR ELSE route.

Quote Originally Posted by shitngiggles View Post
    a) Sam, Gilly and inbred monster baby leave quietly, no fuss no muss.
    Arya made it to Horn Hill?

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    He'll get dragged back to Horn Hill, then his father will come to see him in the courtyard, surrounded my his own soldiers, at which point Sam will stab him and no one will bat an eyelid, because apparently thats what people do when there Lord is killed nowadays.
    Not to mention the kinslaying thing. I mean, what Frey did to Robb and co. at Red Wedding was unthinkable on about any level and ruined any image that they'd had in public due to establishment of law, family and inheritance which have basis in the kinslaying and is supposed to be way worse.

It's just mind-boggling how easily it's simply shrugged off.
    Last edited by Wilian; 2016-06-01 at 04:37 PM.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Eh? Lord Bolton was poisoned by his enemies.

10+ Year Old Account
    On Arya leaving the Faceless men, I just don't see how even if she somehow gets the upper hand on the Waif and kills her and makes her escape how she would be able to continue to evade the Faceless men and do anything of note. The only scenario that makes sense would be the Waif somehow letting Arya leave and reporting back that she is dead so the matter would be settled in their minds.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Quote Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post
    On Arya leaving the Faceless men, I just don't see how even if she somehow gets the upper hand on the Waif and kills her and makes her escape how she would be able to continue to evade the Faceless men and do anything of note. The only scenario that makes sense would be the Waif somehow letting Arya leave and reporting back that she is dead so the matter would be settled in their minds.
    Jaqen told the waif to not let Arya suffer. But she didn't look like she was about to follow his request. So I guess she will initially defeat Arya but not kill her when she has the chance to but instead trying to play cat and mouse and let her suffer. While doing so she will pull an Oberyn and be too careless giving Arya the opportunity to kill the waif.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Eh? Lord Bolton was poisoned by his enemies.
    Didn't have the good ol' 20 men to protect him...

Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    It's not that they can't be rich. It's a matter of scale, which is what we were saying from the beginning. Versailles took the resources of an absolute monarch ("I am the state!") of an entire powerful nation. The Red Keep was built by the ruling family of Westeros. That estate made them both look rather drab. Yes the Reach is "rich as hell", but the Tarly's never ruled it, nor were they ever named among its truly rich or powerful families.
    To be fair the estate could have been built for the Tarly's by one or more of the truly rich and/or powerful families as a reward or as thanks for some long past deed etc.. That being said it did feel out of place compared to other things we have seen, but I would assume over the centuries tastes have changed from time to time so all the architecture shouldn't necessarily be monolithic.

Quote Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post
    Personally, I don't see the Faceless men wasting resources on Arya if the Waif fails. I think it would be one of those things where they would kill her if they see her, but otherwise, would not send folks to hunt her down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Personally, I don't see the Faceless men wasting resources on Arya if the Waif fails. I think it would be one of those things where they would kill her if they see her, but otherwise, would not send folks to hunt her down.
    More like "a face has been added to the wall" only death can pay the price blah blah shenanigans.

More like "a face has been added to the wall" only death can pay the price blah blah shenanigans.
    This is what I figure will happen.

Well, let's hope Arya doesn't ruin the waif's face with the Needle.

I suspect that will be the Waif's face on the wall when her death pays for the death that was owed, or what not.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Since the night king got rezzed think his wife will too?
    I think you're getting your mythos confused. The Night's King from the show never died. He was converted straight from life as a human by the Children. No female Other or connection with the Night's watch as the WW's hadn't even existed yet.

And the "Night's King" from the book is not the same Night's King. The NK from the book came millenia after the WW's origins. We have no idea if he's even still around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belial-sama View Post
    What you said almost confirms we won't be seeing Aegon in the series: too little time, Doran no longer relevant, Varys is with Dany. Majority of characters influenced by his storyline are either dead or were never in the show (like Arianne).
    Yup. Much like I said earlier, they painted themselves into a corner when they thought they were only going to have 7 seasons. Then they thought about bringing it all back when they expanded to 8. Then they realized it was too late to do that, and now we have the abbreviated final two seasons that they spoke of.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelato View Post
    Jaqen told the waif to not let Arya suffer. But she didn't look like she was about to follow his request. So I guess she will initially defeat Arya but not kill her when she has the chance to but instead trying to play cat and mouse and let her suffer. While doing so she will pull an Oberyn and be too careless giving Arya the opportunity to kill the waif.
    Sounds plausible.

I think you're getting your mythos confused. The Night's King from the show never died. He was converted straight from life as a human by the Children. No female Other or connection with the Night's watch as the WW's hadn't even existed yet.

And the "Night's King" from the book is not the same Night's King. The NK from the book came millenia after the WW's origins. We have no idea if he's even still around.

- - - Updated - - -
    KK thx for the update, but still, they changed him, so maybe a version of her isnt out of the question.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I suspect that will be the Waif's face on the wall when her death pays for the death that was owed, or what not.
    I initially assumed this might happen too. However it still leaves a problem: the reputation of the faceless men and the relationships of the actors.

The F.M. are predicated on complete non-detection and always succeeding. This will be an issue, as now the fake-Sansa actress has had her contract broken. She paid and got no service. I suppose they could simply kill her to keep her quiet, but now we're moving into bad-cover-up territory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    KK thx for the update, but still, they changed him, so maybe a version of her isnt out of the question.
    True, but it won't be the same converts-the-LC-by-evil-sex, human-sacrificing, needs-to-be-taken-out-by-combined-Northern-Lords story. It would be something else entirely. If you're just looking for WW with boobs, though...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Not to mention the kinslaying thing. I mean, what Frey did to Robb and co. at Red Wedding was unthinkable on about any level and ruined any image that they'd had in public due to establishment of law, family and inheritance which have basis in the kinslaying and is supposed to be way worse.

It's just mind-boggling how easily it's simply shrugged off.
    Kinslaying was bad, yes. But apparently not way worse than violation of guest right according to culture and legend. By any measure the two seem roughly equivalent on "unforgivable curse" terms.

And I'm not sure the show is being that cavalier. It is Ramsay we're talking about here. The only one that seems forced was Ellaria and Doran, and we've already analyzed why that had to happen.
    Last edited by Sooba; 2016-06-01 at 10:48 PM.

Deleted
    I initially assumed this might happen too. However it still leaves a problem: the reputation of the faceless men and the relationships of the actors.

The F.M. are predicated on complete non-detection and always succeeding. This will be an issue, as now the fake-Sansa actress has had her contract broken. She paid and got no service. I suppose they could simply kill her to keep her quiet, but now we're moving into bad-cover-up territory.
    Was the wine seller that Jorah foiled a FM?

Cause Dany seems to be unfinished buisness if that's the case.