Thread: Man Cave Ideas

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Very similar to my study, I find this style to be relaxing and conducive to good work

On another note my man cave is my entire apartment, I feel bad for you boys being imprisoned in your own house

Be the man of the house, not one of the children
    Thats real retarded sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    A man cave/den is for men that lost control over their own house.
    It basically means that your women decides how the rest of house will be decorated.

Believe it or not, I've read an entire book about this once.
    I don't want to decide how the house is decorated because I don't give a shit, I want my "man cave" and that's it, my wife can have the rest of the house because the fuck do I care if the walls are off white or eggshell? It all looks the same to me and I don't spend more than the 10 seconds it takes to travel somewhere in my house looking at decorations. Happy wife = Happy life.
    Last edited by hydrium; 2016-06-04 at 03:24 PM.

Deleted
    You GOT TO HAVE a secret bookcase door.
    Have a normal bookcase in front of a hole in the wall, put it on rails, done.
    Or you know, go big. also handy to put your safe there.

10+ Year Old Account
    It basically means that your women decides how the rest of house will be decorated.

That is neither true nor does that make you an expert. I live alone, and I have a man cave. It's where I entertain my friends when they come over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    That is neither true nor does that make you an expert. I live alone, and I have a man cave. It's where I entertain my friends when they come over.
    Well, I dont know what kind of friends you have if you don't want them in your living room

Are they a Viking horde by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    So my house will close in about 3 weeks and I'll be making a substantial amount from it.

That being said the wife and I are either looking to build or just buy a nice house that's ready to go (she's finicky about what she wants).

The only request I have is that it has a den/office.

What I would like from you guys is to see any pics or get suggestions for a legit man cave. Especially if you already have a nice man cave.

I'm going to have my computer in there and a wall dedicated to my 600ish books (I've read them all. Most of them twice.). Other than that I'm open to ideas/suggestions you guys have.

Thanks for your time!

Edit: Good point Faroth. I'm a gamer and have a YouTube channel based on my time in the Corps. So anything game/military related is cool.

I watch sports but don't care to decorate after them.

Big into fantasy (hence my love for wow and similar titles).
    "Time in" and you don't instantly thing dugout/Bomb shelter?

That is mine , a panic room / bomb shelter with thick steel doors and locks.
    Sound proofing (duh) underground/in the foundation/basement (with venting and A/C of course) kind of like John Malkovics char. in Reds had.
    Computer/Entertainment system with a T1 or better line running it,7.1 Surround , VR set up full room,Fridge,Microwave ...maybe a hot plate all fold up so I can have them out of the way until needed..
    A "shitter" that could suck start a 747 ...for those cheese and meat induced "sit down head calls" ,
    I would probably have the entry be a Blue English Police Call box to show my Nerd cred (Dr. Who for those who don't know it) and a second vault room (bank safe style) with my firearms "displayed" Matrix style...if I didn't use the call box, I would put a "tiny house" over the top of it ...Fully functional but...just really the entry way for the rest.
    Lights would be Full LED RGB ...to fit the mood of the day.
    All steel,Concrete...get a local artist to paint murals on the walls..fitting a theme.

Oh, I also would have it so the sound system would pay Darth Vaders entry Music every time I walked in the door.

That is mine though.

Good Luck Devil Dog...just make it YOURs...fuck what anyone else says.
    Last edited by enragedgorilla; 2016-06-04 at 05:03 PM.

There both your interests in one.

Make your man cave an actual cave with a dragon for seating and a marine slaying it.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I'm almost certain that my "mancave" is probably more manly than his entire house.

The pictures posted look pretty bland, but thats because Im not a slob and leave my shit laying around and disorganized.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-06-04 at 05:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post

There both your interests in one.

Make your man cave an actual cave with a dragon for seating and a marine slaying it.
    Haha mother of God!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    "Time in" and you don't instantly thing dugout/Bomb shelter?

That is mine , a panic room / bomb shelter with thick steel doors and locks.
    Sound proofing (duh) underground/in the foundation/basement (with venting and A/C of course) kind of like John Malkovics char. in Reds had.
    Computer/Entertainment system with a T1 or better line running it,7.1 Surround , VR set up full room,Fridge,Microwave ...maybe a hot plate all fold up so I can have them out of the way until needed..
    A "shitter" that could suck start a 747 ...for those cheese and meat induced "sit down head calls" ,
    I would probably have the entry be a Blue English Police Call box to show my Nerd cred (Dr. Who for those who don't know it) and a second vault room (bank safe style) with my firearms "displayed" Matrix style...if I didn't use the call box, I would put a "tiny house" over the top of it ...Fully functional but...just really the entry way for the rest.
    Lights would be Full LED RGB ...to fit the mood of the day.
    All steel,Concrete...get a local artist to paint murals on the walls..fitting a theme.

Oh, I also would have it so the sound system would pay Darth Vaders entry Music every time I walked in the door.

That is mine though.

Good Luck Devil Dog...just make it YOURs...fuck what anyone else says.
    That's true! And that is my plan. I appreciate the response!!!

I would love a survival sort of theme too. Mixing all of them together is going to be fun!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Regardless of what you do with your cave, there remains one universal constant.

You need a bar.

Deck the fucker out, if there isnt at least 5 unpronounceable spirits you're doing it wrong.
    The room I'm figuring certainly has the space for it!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    You GOT TO HAVE a secret bookcase door.
    Have a normal bookcase in front of a hole in the wall, put it on rails, done.
    Or you know, go big. also handy to put your safe there.

Now see that would be awesome. I'm pretty handy with framing and drywall. I bet something like that could be possible. But my wife will certainly not be a fan lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    I don't want to decide how the house is decorated because I don't give a shit, I want my "man cave" and that's it, my wife can have the rest of the house because the fuck do I care if the walls are off white or eggshell? It all looks the same to me and I don't spend more than the 10 seconds it takes to travel somewhere in my house looking at decorations. Happy wife = Happy life.
    This is a statement I've come to learn over the years. I love my wife to death but when she isn't happy about something everyone in the house is aware of it. So if her having the rest of the house her way makes her happy then I don't mind. Her and I tend to agree on what looks good decoration wise so I don't have to worry about a whole room being bright pink or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Very similar to my study, I find this style to be relaxing and conducive to good work

On another note my man cave is my entire apartment, I feel bad for you boys being imprisoned in your own house

Be the man of the house, not one of the children
    I love that look. Always have.

And I'm certainly not imprisoned. My wife keeps a gorgeous home.

That being said I can't justify having my man cave stuff all over the house. Alcohol and weapons and expensive pictures and what not just don't work elsewhere. Plus my two boys (4 and 5) will ravage my shit if it's elsewhere lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Workout room?
    That is going in the third car area of the garage I believe!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I'm in the process of designing a man cave as well (in my garage)

I think there are some essentials.

1. Warhammer 40k gaming table
    2. warhammer 40k posters
    3. A beat up old couch that is comfortable as hell.
    4. HD projector connected to a PS$ and Gaming computer
    5. bose sound system
    6. AC unit
    7. I like to run my appliance electrical lines along the wall to look like circuitry
    8. Book case with lots of books
    9. Mini fridge always stocked with hard cider (my favorite)

that's it so far.
    That's awesome. Post some pics when you get the chance!

- - - Updated - - -

My brother was able to secure some 30mm rounds that were used in gun runs against ISIS from an A-10 Warthog and an AC-130.

Needless to say I'm excited.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by W1sp View Post
    I have planned pit my man cave a bit maybe you can take some ideas from it. A desk with my pc amd 3 monitors above the desk on the wall there will be a large widescreen tv. Beside the desk there will be a fridge for soda / beer and snus. A few steps behind the desk will be sofa for watching streams on thr tv. Along the wall there should be 3 arcade game stations (tetris,pacman, time crysis) a wall for all my books just like you wanted. Also alot of gaming posters and other vanity items like the aragonS sword andruil some tomahawkS etc etc
    I like it! I do need to get a third monitor.

Also how much do those arcade games run generally? I've always wanted one but don't even know where to begin looking.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Oh yeah, I love me some warhammer 40k. I have a 5k CSM army gathering dust.

You'd be surprised, im the army you'd have dudes who were typically sterotyped as jocks and meatheads...who played warhammer40k religiously
    Frankly I was surprised how many of my Marine Corps buddies played WoW and similar "nerdy" type games. Hell most enjoyed DnD.

If only I found out earlier in my enlistment.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    An old looking globe that opens up at the equator and has a bar hidden inside. Oh, you'd like a drink? I can show you the world!
    That's it. It's happening. I need to use that line.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I've been collecting Game Informers for several years so I can one day decorate a table with clippings of my favorite games.

Imagine the image below, but with carefully selected clippings of video game stuff.

That's a great idea. How do they get the clippings onto the table? Just have glass over them? Or is there a good way to adhere them to the table without lots of Elmer's glue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    I'd head over to /r/battlestations and have a gander. Except for thier obsession with LEDs, ignore that.
    Oooo. I'll take a look!
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

http://www.mancavemarket.com/

There is a local company that will come and custom build a man cave. I cant remember their name but I know they did some pretty awesome stuff when I checked out their site. Im single and have my own house, however, I spend nearly every waking minute in my basement, which has essentially become my 'man cave'.

Personally, these are things I would need down there:

Bar
    Poker Table
    Big Screen TV (60"+)
    Gaming PC
    Laptop

Decorate it how you want. I went with a sports theme, but I can see a gaming theme, hunting theme (original man cave) that would also work.

If I was married like you, building a man cave would have been the first thing I did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    That's a great idea. How do they get the clippings onto the table? Just have glass over them? Or is there a good way to adhere them to the table without lots of Elmer's glue.
    You can do a plexi glass cover, and have clamps around the edges so you can remove the top for cleaning/redecorating with new clippings or what have you.

Of you can do an adhesive, but of course that will need to be done very carefully as it can soak through the paper and look terrible.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    http://www.mancavemarket.com/

There is a local company that will come and custom build a man cave. I cant remember their name but I know they did some pretty awesome stuff when I checked out their site. Im single and have my own house, however, I spend nearly every waking minute in my basement, which has essentially become my 'man cave'.

Personally, these are things I would need down there:

Bar
    Poker Table
    Big Screen TV (60"+)
    Gaming PC
    Laptop

Decorate it how you want. I went with a sports theme, but I can see a gaming theme, hunting theme (original man cave) that would also work.

If I was married like you, building a man cave would have been the first thing I did.
    I'll take a look!

And I wanted to with my first house but it was a starter home so it was pretty small. 1300 square feet. With my wife and my two boys it didn't leave any room for that.

My new place is 2916 or so so I have a bit more leeway for it!
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

10+ Year Old Account
    You can do a plexi glass cover, and have clamps around the edges so you can remove the top for cleaning/redecorating with new clippings or what have you.

Of you can do an adhesive, but of course that will need to be done very carefully as it can soak through the paper and look terrible.
    Decoupage can be pretty cool if done right. I've actually seen the video from which the image you posted was taken from. The woman used that modge podge stuff cause it dries completely transparent.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah I like the plexi glass cover. The adhesive would definitely ruin the paper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Decoupage can be pretty cool if done right. I've actually seen the video from which the image you posted was taken from. The woman used that modge podge stuff cause it dries completely transparent.
    Do you have a link to the video? I'd like to see the process.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a link to the video? I'd like to see the process.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hhz0RxCtqo

Be forewarned, the woman is pretty damn annoying lol

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hhz0RxCtqo

Be forewarned, the woman is pretty damn annoying lol
    2 seconds in, and I see what you mean, lol.

She speaks like a playboy bunny. Or if your old enough to know, a Valley Girl.

put a whore in it

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I have a sign on the door to enter my man cave room which says in bright red lettering, " WARNING. Controlled area. It is unlawful to enter this
    area without permission." Of course my wife ignores it. :P

But basically put what you want up on the walls and keep whatever is legal of course in it. And tell others it is off limits to any unapproved changes and complaints about what is in it will be ignored.
    Lol I used to do this when I was a teenager. My mother did not gave a shit and threw the sign to the garbage

1:1 replica of the Batcave. Working Batmobile.

Or maybe they just want to concentrate all the awesomeness into one room.

That book sounds crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.