Page 36 of 84 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Archmage View Post
    Doesn't it also explode upon target's death like it is on live?
    Yes, but if the rest of the trash is also dead then the fact that it spreads is pretty irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Yes, but if the rest of the trash is also dead then the fact that it spreads is pretty irrelevant.
    It means it requires a little more pre planning, casting it upon a target that is currently focusing it aswell, so that it dies before the others do...

Yeah but all of the other enemies are still taking damage in an AoE situation. So the expected gameplay would be to hold off on casting LB until you can fish out the lowest enemy in a sea of health bars and hope that another enemy's death doesn't overtake it? All so you can circumvent part of its extended wait before you get any payoff for using it. That just sounds rotten to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarm View Post
    Yeah but all of the other enemies are still taking damage in an AoE situation. So the expected gameplay would be to hold off on casting LB until you can fish out the lowest enemy in a sea of health bars and hope that another enemy's death doesn't overtake it? All so you can circumvent part of its extended wait before you get any payoff for using it. That just sounds rotten to use.
    It is clunkier than before (before being live) and harder to pull out properly, but it's also tremendously more rewarding. As it appears, Fire's sustained AoE is gonna be pretty much passive, with conflagrations exploding all over the place and such: Living Bomb to me seems to be the AoE focused talent that requires a global to be cast but provides extreme benefits if properly pulled out.

It is clunkier than before (before being live)
    absolutely
    and harder to pull out properly
    if you define clunkier as harder, then possibly - its completely fire and forget once every 12 seconds, while live living bomb requires a lot more active management (at least in brf when we still picked the talent)
    but it's also tremendously more rewarding
    except its not at all, unless you are talking about a stupidly large number of adds
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2016-06-10 at 04:54 PM.

The only way they could make it rewarding enough to match the clunkiness and cooldown is either if the dot was decent for single target, which would make multiple ticking dots slightly bonkers in an aoe situation. Or remove the "cannot spread again" clause from the dot, making it work really well for adds that stream in or come in waves.

Or make it explode when hit with a pyroblast. That could also be fun.

I actually find the new spinning orbs really off-putting, they follow my character much better than the static ones but the spinning is really annoying (imo)
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Maybe it would be cool if they gained different models too depending on the artifact skin, not something I thought of before, but far too late in development for that idea now.
    I doubt it's too late to have the orbs change with the skin, it's just a simple reskin. And as we all know Blizzard love reskinning the same thing a million times, so maybe.

7+ Year Old Account
    Seen so much mixed feedback about the orbs. Some people are fine with them but enough people are saying how annoying/frustrating they are and don't want them at all. Pretty concerning. I would like to keep them existing for lore/cool reasons but I think it'd be a good idea to have an option to disable them, like with a glyph or something. Never know, might hate it from day one and regret Felo'Melorn forever.

Someone got a video of the new orbs? Have to rely on @Kuni Zyrekai to make a 10 sec clip?

you can see them in this video (not my video, just one i found on youtube)

Last edited by Avikur; 2016-06-11 at 10:33 AM.
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

I like that animation a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallonsaft4 View Post
    I doubt it's too late to have the orbs change with the skin, it's just a simple reskin. And as we all know Blizzard love reskinning the same thing a million times, so maybe.
    If you just want a different skin it'd be easy(ish, they'd still need to tie a spell effect that currently looks the same all the time to what artifact skin you are using, which isn't a system that currently exists for any spell in the game). They're not going to bother making new models for it... and then tying them to the artifact though.

Deleted
    I like the orbs, it really gives Fire mages a way to stand out. I hope we get to keep them after Legion, but as something you can choose to have visible (would be awesome if you can get Frost and Arcane versions of them too later on).

Deleted
    It looks good, but, should it be up constantly?

7+ Year Old Account
    New animation looks pretty good. I prefer it to the previous iteration. Although I can imagine that after a few months I'd probably start to get sick of seeing it every day and it'd be more of a distracting nuisance than anything else.

I like them. A LOT. Not long ago, i was pointing out how stale and completely unsatisfactory were the visuals of the Mage class, feeling completely stale next to what others casters could pull out.

This, alongside everything else has been done in Legion, makes Mages frigging MAGES again.

Deleted
    Damn these orbs make me reroll warlock or play arcane... hope we can switch them off via a glyph or something. Or just unequip weapon out of raids?

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    It looks good, but, should it be up constantly?
    They appear based on your Phoenixbolt charges, so chances are you often won't see all of them at once unless wandering around town.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovassy View Post
    Damn these orbs make me reroll warlock or play arcane... hope we can switch them off via a glyph or something. Or just unequip weapon out of raids?
    You REALLY won't want to unequip your weapon in any content. It's a HUGE damage spike.

Quote Originally Posted by throwaway-o View Post
    You REALLY won't want to unequip your weapon in any content. It's a HUGE damage spike.
    Or just unequip weapon out of raids?
    Give that post another look
    I was assuming that they meant "when walking around town", when you don't need your sword.

Of course you can't do any battles without a weapon, your spellpower will plummet and you lose all artifact traits (including the one which grants the orbs).

The new orbs are still definitely tied to PF charges. At first I was not into them, but now I think they are cool. Many others have suggested this, but a glyph to hide them would be neat for those times when we are tired of the floating orbs (also nice in pvp to "conceal" your potential burst window coming up if the games are less scripted than live arenas).