Are people really blaming football now for the less than stellar ticket sales?

Quote Originally Posted by Isurith View Post
    Point is that decrease is "normal". That's how that should be usually.
    Sure but the media has speculated that it was going very strong - a very important holiday started from the 2nd day to the 4th day

While there are other reasons, a major holiday would suggest that working people and students coming off major exams are going to the theater

Do not underestimate the magic of sports watching I know it is an MMO forum but that has to be said.

Euro and World Cup have been big in China in the last 10 years.

The Orcs invade Chinese theaters officially on Wednesday, coming at the end of the high school exams period and as the Dragon Boat Festival holiday kicks in on Thursday. As one person put it, “that’s like having five Saturdays in a row” although some people will be working.
    https://deadline.com/2016/06/warcraf...ew-1201767728/
    Last edited by daywalker02; 2016-06-11 at 11:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by daywalker02 View Post
    Sure but the media has speculated that it was going very strong - a very important holiday started from the 2nd day to the 4th day

While there are other reasons, a major holiday would suggest that working people and students coming off major exams are going to the theater

Do not underestimate the magic of sports watching I know it is an MMO forum but that has to be said.

Euro and World Cup have been big in China in the last 10 years.
    Maybe you're right, I know the power of the football, I'm french and If i wanted to sleep early last night, I would have trouble because everyone in my city was screaming in the streets.

But actually I don't think it will hurt anything.

Maybe you're right, I know the power of the football, I'm french and If i wanted to sleep early last night, I would have trouble because everyone in my city was screaming in the streets.

But actually I don't think it will hurt anything.
    maybe you are also right, couple of millions less won't harm anyone

Deleted
    maybe you are also right, couple of millions less won't harm anyone
    Point is that people that wants to watch Warcraft will do anyway. Just not when there is a match. But they will go next week or so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    In some countries like Italy most people are ABSOLUTELY CRAZY about football. They are more than diehard fans. I have a great-aunt who is 86 years old and she goes insane every time there's a football match on TV. She even has a paid TV subscription to watch sport channels and and buys football magazines every week. Younger people are even crazier. If the government said they were going to ban films from TV no one would bat an eye, but if they banned football people would start a riot and destroy everything. 100% guaranteed.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This has probably been asked already, but what the hell was that black box supposed to be, and who was the woman inside it?
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Blizzard already knows WoW is on the verge of kicking the bucket that's why they have doubled there IP's in the last 3 years and will no longer show subscriber numbers because they don't wanna face the music. WoD did irreversible damage to the player base it was a pinnacle point in time they could have won a massive following back but instead was utter failure built around a lie with false promises. Legion is WoW's last gasp of air, if it ain't the best expansion to date it's done.
    So much hyperbole and drama ... LOL... Posts like these are the message board equivalent of a man walking the streets wearing a poster board yelling "the end is near".

"Don't want to face the music" lol.... You'd think the company having expanded it's titles (as you noted), is an indication of them being aware of their situation.. But hey, drama on, good buddy...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    This has probably been asked already, but what the hell was that black box supposed to be, and who was the woman inside it?
    Well... It's Alodi, an ancient entity that has the same function as the Guardian since a looooooooong time.

That's all we know.

Movie reboot of Aegwynn maybe?

Deleted
    Alodi, the first Guardian. In the books she's a male half-Elf though.

Deleted
    Come on, I said it earlier this week that the Euro2016 would hurt the entire European box office. It's not a surprise at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Weel, we kno more than that about Alodi and may learn a bit more in Legion since his staff is the frost mage artifact.
    Yep, if the Movie Alodi is the same as our WoW Alodi. But I'm thinking they're 2 different person.

maybe less stellar however still very good to exceptional

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Speedhoven View Post
    Alodi, the first Guardian. In the books she's a male half-Elf though.
    I was excited to hear about Glenn Close, then it was just one short cameo

I was excited to hear about Glenn Close, then it was just one short cameo
    Why couldn't they get some big name who has atleast some connection to warcraft? Glenn Close? Why? Is there something we're missing? Does her kids play WC or something?

Well... It's Alodi, an ancient entity that has the same function as the Guardian since a looooooooong time.

That's all we know.
    Yep, anything more is pure conjecture.

Why couldn't they get some big name who has atleast some connection to warcraft? Glenn Close? Why? Is there something we're missing? Does her kids play WC or something?
    not sure, only one reported was Jamie Lee Curtis and her kid but she was not in the movie, maybe they will put her in the sequels

About this whole talk on more storytelling/exposition/worldbuilding form Smartass101. If you want to start somewhere on Draenor or even with Sargeras etc. You've got probably 30 minutes of exposition up front that will bore the shit out of the average audience. The movie will never get going and grinds to a halt over and over again. People don't want to take notes over and over again on new stuff. This way you should've turned this whole movie with the missing stuff from Draenor/Sargeras/etc into at least 3 movies. Then you also have the problem of two/three parallel&connected plots. Looking at LotR #1 advantage: The story is completely linear. #2 splits up into 3 plots and those are also super linear, almost never cross each other.

When it comes to the pacing of this cinematic cut: We just needed more character scenes that are not filled with exposition about who they are, more about what/how they think/act and their motivations and relation to each other. We barely get any idea of the friendship between Lothar/Llane/Medivh. Orgrim is also underdeveloped.
    Last edited by Nightstalker; 2016-06-11 at 01:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post

When it comes to the pacing of this cinematic cut: We just needed more character scenes that are not filled with exposition about who they are, more about what/how they think/act and their motivations and relation to each other. We barely get any idea of the friendship between Lothar/Llane/Medivh. Orgrim is also underdeveloped.
    This.

We didn't need more characters and more expositions of Draenor, or shit like that.

We needed some characters developpement for the MAIN characters.

The campfire scene on Draenor sounds like a good example of missing character development