Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    yes, YOU CAN. they are separate plain and simple. have been for a VERY long time. once again do your research.
    Catholicism is definitely Christianity. One of the largest wings of Christianity. They have never been separate.
    I don't know who told you otherwise but they were extremely wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    we need to be more aggressive towards safety from terrorists.
    How would this have changed what happened yesterday?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    dude just no. im done. go do some research as they are directly related. may i suggest research on messianic Judaism vs orthodox jews. also look into acts of the christian bible. get a good context of the difference between and how it came about. im not gonna do homework to prove you wrong when i know you are.
    Messianic Judaism is a fucking modern movement dude. What the actual fuck?

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.
    For the people saying that God is "infallible"...

Remember, he DID call a mulligan with Noah's ark, so there's that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Oh damn guys, I just seen Clinton said she was willing to call the attack "radical islamism". At least she's a peg up on obama.
    Let's be rational about this, shall we?

Obama's press conference yesterday, was in a sense very early on.
    It was absolutely correct from him to say what he said.
    Jumping the gun is worse than not mentioning a point that has yet to be confirmed by the authorities.
    And when Obama's statements were made, nothing was clear just yet.
    Some things are still not known today over 24 hours later.

He said, it's been an act of terror and hatred. And that's perfectly correct for that moment.
    Presidential candidates can say what they want. They don't have a responsibility, especially towards other leaders/nations.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    It's not a goal post to state facts. US has higher gun crime and far far higher mass shootings than anywhere in europe as an example. No one ever said gun control stops shootings. It just reduces the likely hood of them happening.
    And Europe has more stabbings...
    Criminals will use what they can get their hands on.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowofVashj View Post
    For the people saying that God is "infallible"...

Remember, he DID call a mulligan with Noah's ark, so there's that.
    People in this topic aren't actually saying that God is infallible, but there are people who believe that the Bible is God's infallible word.
    It's easy to see how you'd confuse the two though :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    "Country of over 300 million has higher number of shootings than small European country!"
    K.
    And this is where the per capita data gets thrown around.

Honestly the whole argument is boring at this point.

We are country of 320+ million and 400 million guns. We have a firearm murder rate of about 0.003% yearly. (a majority of which are gang related)

Good enough for me.

I wonder how much the cost of ammo will go up after this. I already cringe when I go through a 30 round mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    The divinity of Jesus is not questioned by any major Christian branch in modern times I'm aware of. That's one of the larger disagreements that was snuffed out at the Council of Nicaea.

The revelations from God are directly parallel, especially for all the stuff written by Paul who never met Jesus.
    You didnt say divinity, you said "Avatar of god". That is not what Jesus was.

I'm not sure why you drift to Paul when you still have yet to argue the main point, how is several disciples writting freely on the life of Jesus comparable to an angel showing up and having Mohamad and others write his command ?
    This is the difference between a dictation and an interpretation. Can you not see it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    "Country of over 300 million has higher number of shootings than small European country!"
    K.
    You don't know stats very well then do you? A city in the US has higher gun crime than Germany for example. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ted_death_rate

Take a look at the UK and US. UK with what 60-70 million people? The stats look way off when you compare how many gun related deaths there are.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post

I'm not sure why you drift to Paul when you still have yet to argue the main point, how is several disciples writting freely on the life of Jesus comparable to an angel showing up and having Mohamad and others write his command.
    This is the difference between a dictation and an interpretation.
    ...There's only one divine being in Christian mythos, and that's God. If Jesus is divine, it's because he's an Avatar of God.

If the Bible is considered "infallible," then they can't be interpretations of events. They have to be perfectly transcribed, or else they aren't infallible words, they're tainted by perception and prejudice.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Mentia View Post
    I wonder how much the cost of ammo will go up after this. I already cringe when I go through a 30 round mag.
    I don't suspect anything will happen.

Let me be very clear. 20 dead school children did not have enough political power to do anything long term, I seriously doubt 49 gay people will.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Averages aren't the relevant point - outliers are. In this case, there's 50 people dead as a result of Islamic anti-gay bigotry and all the board equalists have to say about it is, "well, Christianity is bad too". This is fucking ridiculous. There are a few dozen Christians for every Muslim in the United States and yet the worst tragedy of this sort belongs to the smaller group; this isn't a coincidence that can be brushed off with platitudes about how they believe in the same God. One group has a propensity for slaughtering fellow citizens far more frequently than the other.
    Are you suggesting that all those other shootings done by Christians aren't relevant because they weren't very good at it? I didn't say "Christians are bad too", i merely mentioned that both religions are the same. Religions say one thing is good, one thing is bad, it is the mentality that a person has in how far they are willing to go to enforce their believes. But this has more to do with the whole cultural thing then it does with the religion it self.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    And Europe has more stabbings...
    Criminals will use what they can get their hands on.
    You're more likely to survive a stabbing. No one here argues that people get violent. But a gun is a better killing tool than a knife.

Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    People in this topic aren't actually saying that God is infallible, but there are people who believe that the Bible is God's infallible word.
    It's easy to see how you'd confuse the two though :P
    Oh so we're talking about the infallibility of a document that's been translated, re-translated probably thousands of times by different people with different understandings of different languages?

GOT IT.
    Last edited by ShadowofVashj; 2016-06-13 at 02:41 PM. Reason: changed "documents" to "languages.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I don't suspect anything will happen.

Let me be very clear. 20 dead school children did not have enough political power to do anything long term, I seriously doubt 49 gay people will.
    I agree that it won't have any long term effects but we usually see a spike in prices after mass murders. Supply and demand comes into effect when everyone is going out and stocking up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post

I'm not sure why you drift to Paul when you still have yet to argue the main point, how is several disciples writting freely on the life of Jesus comparable to an angel showing up and having Mohamad and others write his command ?
    This is the difference between a dictation and an interpretation. Can you not see it ?
    The believers in Biblical Inerrancy typically preach that when writing the Bible, the disciples (and other authors) were directly inhabited by the spirit, and by this means his direct word was recorded.
    Literally:
    "Since everything asserted by the inspired authors or sacred writers must be held to be asserted by the Holy Spirit, it follows that the books of Scripture must be acknowledged as teaching solidly, faithfully and without error that truth which God wanted put into sacred writings for the sake of salvation"
    The idea that the Bible is the direct word of god really isn't a terrible uncommon one among fundamentalists, I don't know why you are trying so hard to deny this.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    You're more likely to survive a stabbing. No one here argues that people get violent. But a gun is a better killing tool than a knife.
    Pull me the source on that, Mr. Stats.

http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/news/news_.../2014/01/band/

What I'm seeing is that a bullet is easier to survive.

In this very mass shooting case, there were more surviving victims than dead victims.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    No, no you can't. Catholicism absolutely is a Christian group. It is the single largest Christian group in existence. There are zero surviving Christian groups that predate the Roman Catholic church.
    roflllllllllll. this is incorrect on so many levels. im done with you. you are just spouting nonsense for splatter effect. you really need to do some research on these religions before you make such claims. good day.