Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Better idea (consumer's mind) = bigger, better, more interesting content above and beyond what we were going to get before!!

Better idea (what Blizz really means) = we'll throw something cheap and easy at the consumers, most of them will rationalize how it is either just fine or even better than that more expensive idea
    Yes, because a empty island is indeed the better idea in consumer's mind.

Nothing was changed, except for the location of the future zone that we never know about.

Deleted
    Next thing to be scrapped is the 3rd raid tier, calling it.

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Yessss! just like how Farahlon and the Ogre Island were scrapped to be "replaced" with something better.

I'm feeling better for not pre-ordering Legion already.
    Ogre Island was never actually stated to be released in WoD? It appeared on the map but then so did the zone behind Stratholme which is still unused... Hyjal was on the map with "Keep out" signs in Vanilla. This isn't anything new? Farahlon I agree. It was just scrapped, though they never said they were replacing it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    RIP. Kul Tiras. RIP Farahlon. RIP Thal'dranah.
    Was Kul'Tiras ever actually a feature for any expac? I don't remember it actually being said to be patch or expac content at any point in time. For all we know Kul'Tiras could be the replacement for Thal'dranah where Jaina could be for her arc? She could rally them up to reinvigorate the war on the horde. I'd take that over another Night Elf Ruin. And they said Thal'dranah wasn't going to be in Legion. It could still be added when they do N'zoth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Ogre Island was never actually stated to be released in WoD? It appeared on the map but then so did the zone behind Stratholme which is still unused... Hyjal was on the map with "Keep out" signs in Vanilla. This isn't anything new? Farahlon I agree. It was just scrapped, though they never said they were replacing it.
    Shut up cutting content is modern blizzard only. Join the circlejerk or get out!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post

Was Kul'Tiras ever actually a feature for any expac? I don't remember it actually being said to be patch or expac content at any point in time. For all we know Kul'Tiras could be the replacement for Thal'dranah where Jaina could be for her arc? She could rally them up to reinvigorate the war on the horde. I'd take that over another Night Elf Ruin. And they said Thal'dranah wasn't going to be in Legion. It could still be added when they do N'zoth.
    If I recall well, Kul'Tiras was planned for Cataclysm
    But I might be wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be hilarious if we defeat Gul'dan in the Nighthold, and the next content patch has us chasing him back to his own Draenor. On his secret base on Farahlon.

Blizzard: "You wanted Farahlon? Here, go back to Draenor and have your Farahlon."

Quote Originally Posted by Aion20 View Post
    Delete this thread already please. There WILL be something better, no reason to complain.
    We don't know that for sure, it could just be something they were planning on releasing with Thal'dranath or they could be making a timless isle 3.0 to save time because they bit off more then they could chew. The way he said it makes me think we will actually get something this time tho, but i can see why some people are skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    Most likely will be, I'm not putting much faith in their words these days.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yessss! just like how Farahlon and the Ogre Island were scrapped to be "replaced" with something better.

I'm feeling better for not pre-ordering Legion already.
    when did they ever say that farahlon will get a replacement?

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevene View Post
    If I recall well, Kul'Tiras was planned for Cataclysm
    But I might be wrong
    The only thing I remember Blizzard saying about Kul Tiras during Cataclysm was answering a question about why it wasn't being used instead of Tol Barad, saying that the Cataclysm may have moved it further out to sea.

sure thing, "replaced with something cooler" pardon me for not throwing my money at Blizzard. after the disappointment that was WoD and their audacity to claim the selfie patch was a major patch for WoD. I just don't feel compelled to pay for Legion, unless I'm 100% sure that I'm gonna get my money's worth.
    They flat out said that the selfie patch shouldn't haven't been a major patch, its just a number they attached to it. WoD was worth it for the first 3 months which for most games at full price they don't last nearly as long as 2-3 months, what your talking about isn't about is a subscription which yes wasn't worth it, but WoD was worth it for the initial purchase.

Deleted
    Considering the story direction in the Legion beta? They are focusing on Argus or some other Legion world.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I think it would be hilarious if we defeat Gul'dan in the Nighthold, and the next content patch has us chasing him back to his own Draenor. On his secret base on Farahlon.

Blizzard: "You wanted Farahlon? Here, go back to Draenor and have your Farahlon."
    Featuring a garrison airstrip, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncertain Tea View Post
    He already said that it's being replaced with something they think is cooler. So we're not losing anything, we're just getting something different. No reason to complain.
    I bet their idea of cooler is Google plus integration.

Blizzard actually gave a reason for Thal'Dranath being removed and the fact they have a better idea for patch content, but of course people still have to whine over it!

Lets see if they keep their promise
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    Featuring a garrison airstrip, obviously.
    Requiring a Stage 4 Garrison, easy to get for people who played all the way through and have maximum number of capped ilevel followers, but starting from scratch for those people who ignored garrisons.

Oh man the tears would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Blizzard actually gave a reason for Thal'Dranath being removed and the fact they have a better idea for patch content, but of course people still have to whine over it!
    I wouldn't be as cynical as I am if we had gotten actual details on what the "cooler" content is. After WoD, I'm not going to take them at their word.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's directly on top of N'Zoth's prison. We know it wasn't just nothing.
    Wrong. Ion said it was just elven ruins.

The N'Zoth thing was just a super popular theory saying he'd be the final boss of Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    The irony is they actually reaffirmed that there'd be three tiers the question before Thal'dranth.

They're done with pretending they can do yearly expansions, they're going into this intending to finish Legion before they push out 8.0.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I wouldn't be as cynical as I am
    The fact you even joke about the replacement being in Draenor shows you are far beyond cynical.