Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    There wouldn't be any need to hoard if they had proper wardrobe/transmog systems.
    Having to stash outfits you may want to mog one day in the form of actual items that take up space is soooo goddamn antiquated and needs to die already.
    Considering we can play all classes on one char, it's extremely easy to spam your inventory with mog gear alone.

Never mind crafting... having to stash everything you need as NQ & HQ variant .... lest not forget the gazillion of currencies, subcurrencies, vouchers and crap that all belong in a unified CURRENCY TAB and should not be items at all (looking at you blue&red gathering script / Beast tribe currency items). <.<
    So.... eliminate 100% of inventory entirely?

Stat Armor - equipped/armory
    Glamour - List in a tab
    Crafting - Apparently... I dunno, but you don't seem to want them in inventory since you noted them taking up space with HQ/NQ adding up
    Currency - I agree Beast Tribe currencies should have been included there, but a single unified currency tab is eventually going to get longer, and longer, and longer, and longer. Though I suppose a unified tab with drop downs similar to rep tab would work. At least for a while.

So now that we've eliminated all currency, all armor, and all crafting mats............ what is inventory for exactly?
    (Note, I don't think players would complain about this overall. Just the cranky ol' types like me that like inventory management in an RPG)
    Last edited by Faroth; 2016-06-16 at 09:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    So now that we've eliminated all currency, all armor, and all crafting mats............ what is inventory for exactly?
    Gear currently in use (i.e.: want stats) -> Keep gear as objects, same as it is now.
    Gear no longer needed for stats -> Appearance is unlocked in the wardrobe, item can be discarded. No need to bank it for projection purposes.

Currency objects -> Yes all of these should be moved to the currency tab. Also get rid of the excessive "exchange currency 1 for currency 2 to buy item 1 so you can trade in item 1 +x for item 2"

With the newly freed up space, they can keep crafting items as they are.

Inventory on my character should mainly be a TEMPORARY storage space, where I put stuff I find in the open world until I get home and sort it into the appropriate places.

- - - Updated - - -

a single unified currency tab is eventually going to get longer, and longer, and longer, and longer. Though I suppose a unified tab with drop downs similar to rep tab would work. At least for a while.
    Indeed. They definitely need to stop spamming the player with currencies of all sorts. make fewer of them, but make them more versatile.
    People thought the badge disaster in Wrath was bad? Well then FF-XIVs currency jungle is just madness.

I have to ponder.... how many glamour sets DO you have?

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot.
    I don't like throwing away armor that looks good and might be a PITA to reacquire later on (i.e.: dungeon drops, which are subject to RNG) because I want to mog it.

I'd say around 50% of my Retainer space is currently dedicated to armor storage. And that is WITH rather harsh rules (ie: most pants go away, because I don't like them, eso sets have been discarded because I can easily buy them back if needed etc)

Fact is: no matter how much you wiggle around and try to defend antiquated systems: This is 2016. Other games such as Diablo have demonstrated that we don't need to be stuck in the past. I'd love for FF-XIV to catch up to that.

To be blunt: I don't want more space. WoW threw "moar space" at us for 10 years and it didn't solve anything.
    I want modern, comfortable and intelligent systems eliminating the need for more space.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2016-06-16 at 09:21 PM.

I just tried the WoW PTR and oh boy would I love that system in FFXIV. Its so simple and saves a crap ton of space. You're even able to save gear sets and switch on the fly (even more so if you got the mount like I do) depending on what set you're in the mood for. I'd love that in this game.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2016-06-16 at 09:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost all green and blue items I keep due to mostly unique look I need to get rid of copies but they are spread across 8 retaibera

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    A bikini for male characters at last? :O Or a dress.
    Considering the FFX themed minions maybe the glamor will be too.

It'd be awesome to get either Tidus, Auron or Wakka glamour for males and for females Yuna, Rikku or Paine glamor from FFX-2

i'm totally subbing to the fan festival purely for the minion/outfit Shame i'll get the Yuna minion, i'd rather Rikku

Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post

It'd be awesome to get either Tidus, Auron or Wakka glamour for males and for females Yuna, Rikku or Paine glamor from FFX-2

i'm totally subbing to the fan festival purely for the minion/outfit Shame i'll get the Yuna minion, i'd rather Rikku
    I want Lulu glamour for my Au Ra male BLM or no deal!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post

The minions are not based on your region, but based on the fanfest you buy a (digital) ticket for. So you can get all 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    The minions are not based on your region, but based on the fanfest you buy a (digital) ticket for. So you can get all 3.
    I'll probably get a Digital Ticket for Japan if it's cheap. Anyone know how much they were in previous years in UK pounds?

I'm still somewhat newish to end-game and I had a question about materia melding. I finished wiping city and upgraded my 230 lore pants to 240. When I try to put grade 4 crit materia into the pants it says the item level isn't high enough to utilize the materia. Is that a bug or is there something about the pants specifically that won't take the materia? I could and did socket the 240 ring just fine and so it appears the materia will go into other items... just not those pants. What am I missing? Help a scrub out here!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeba View Post
    I finished wiping city and upgraded my 230 lore pants to 240. When I try to put grade 4 crit materia into the pants it says the item level isn't high enough to utilize the materia. Is that a bug or is there something about the pants specifically that won't take the materia?
    Grade IV crit materia should not return an item level error in an i240 gear piece. Oo

You can see a "+0" if there is crit on the item already.
    That means the stat is capped and you have to socket a different one if you want to receive any benefit from your materia.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2016-06-17 at 12:42 AM.

Grade IV crit materia should not return an item level error in an i240 gear piece. Oo

You can see a "+0" if there is crit on the item already.
    That means the stat is capped and you have to socket a different one if you want to receive any benefit from your materia.
    Well don't I look stupid.

That's most likely what is was then. I wasn't aware it capped like that. Thanks!

15+ Year Old Account
    welp i caved and bought a small plot in the goblet i'm poor now but atleast i have my own little slice of eorzea to call home.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    welp i caved and bought a small plot in the goblet i'm poor now but atleast i have my own little slice of eorzea to call home.
    What backwater server are you on that there are still free plots after a week. O_o

Congrats either way. Have fun decorating and present a few screenshots when you are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I want Lulu glamour for my Au Ra male BLM or no deal!
    Haha I think he'd look very fetching in his belt dress and the tight corset top xD

If I could chose any FF character to Glamor i'd go generic and say Sephiroth or Laguna. Ideally with the matching hairstyle that said Jecht would be pretty cool too

I would say Kuja for the lols but there is plenty of outfits currently ingame that are sorta similar to his skimpy feminine outfit so I don't think i'd want his

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post

Yeah that's what bro said. That makes sense. At least it's an english speaking country that has the minion I want. I'd be disappointed if JP was Rikku as I don't know japanese and it would be a waste of money buying that ticket as it's no fun if you can't understand what they're talking about
    Last edited by Nasriel; 2016-06-17 at 01:24 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    What backwater server are you on that there are still free plots after a week. O_o

Congrats either way. Have fun decorating and present a few screenshots when you are done.
    I play on cactuar not exactly back water but most people on our server dont really like the goblet.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Treeba View Post
    I'm still somewhat newish to end-game and I had a question about materia melding. I finished wiping city and upgraded my 230 lore pants to 240. When I try to put grade 4 crit materia into the pants it says the item level isn't high enough to utilize the materia. Is that a bug or is there something about the pants specifically that won't take the materia? I could and did socket the 240 ring just fine and so it appears the materia will go into other items... just not those pants. What am I missing? Help a scrub out here!
    I'm don't really know/understand the exact rules, but my guideline is "don't put a stat which is already on the item". So just socket the secondary stat which doesn't appear naturally.

15+ Year Old Account
    so today while doing my expert roulette i ran into a tank with a flawless jhonny bravo costume

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...acter/1137230/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    I'm don't really know/understand the exact rules, but my guideline is "don't put a stat which is already on the item". So just socket the secondary stat which doesn't appear naturally.
    Use http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/ take the guess work out of it.