Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lack of world content > Ushered into "organized" content > Please give me access without completely changing my play

Recent Blue on admitting not having lived up to creating a lot of World content since Vanilla, if anyone digs that up.

I, for one, am plain tired of working around so many schedules OR so many asshat PUGs--plenty of good, but some awful.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Quote Originally Posted by Leviatharan View Post
    I started playing WoW seriously in Wrath. It may just be me, but I distinctly remember how much of a pain in the ass it was to complete a dungeon before LFG.

If someone left your dungeon before the last boss ("oh, I was just after the chest that drops off this boss, bye"), someone needed to trek all the way back to town to advertise. If the end boss wasn't today's "Timear Foresees" daily, nobody in Trade wanted to bother with them, meaning it could actually take hours to set up a group. You might get lucky with clan mates, but you still had to deal with the daily lockout on Heroics or the weekly lockout on each Raid difficulty.

And then there were the achievement or Gearscore elitists.
    (You know near the end of the expansion, there was an update to Gearscore that actually weighted each piece's score based on how well it worked for your spec? So literally anybody could claim to judge you, without needing to know your spec. Keep in mind, this was a time when tri-speccing was a viable option for some classes like DK tanks, so experimental builds ran rampant, and a few even worked.)
    It made some sense to try to filter out inadequate people in cases like setting up a group for Tier raids, but I remember times where you would get shut down trying to get into some Heroics, or Vault of Archavon (aka the Loot Piñata raid) if you hadn't run it day 1 of release and your gear wasn't par with at least last Tier.

These days, those issues are toned down significantly. The hours you would spend sitting on your ass in Dalaran begging for a group, are now substituted for around 15 minute waits during which you can do anything or go anywhere. The specific dungeon you're looking for is someone from another realm's random dungeon daily, so there will always be someone available to join you. If you get into a group for a queued dungeon, people won't look at or care about your gear, at least until you actually do something stupid to draw their ire. If someone leaves or gets kicked, you'll only be waiting a couple minutes (generally no more than a few seconds) for a replacement, and they get a penalty.

So yeah, the queue system is not just convenient, it's a game-changer. It allows people access and fluidity they didn't have before.
    I think a lot of people forget what it was like in Vanilla, BC and early Wrath. If you weren't on a Highpop Server (most of us weren't considering the game flings low pop servers in your face, and there weren't heirlooms or alt boosting mechanics to start on a new server fresh) you were screwed without a guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Blizzard are currently making a gap between skillfull casuals, and skillfull hardcores, because, lets be honest here, you don't need skill to go up into raiding, just basic knowledge, casual players are currently blocked by this huge wall, this wall is called the time sink wall, which is NOT what the casuals want.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I feel like making a group or playing with friends.

Sometimes its 3am in the morning and I'm bored and want a quick queue.

I do think it's time for some people to step back and reevaluate what an MMO is compared to whatever it might have meant. Like it or not, many games today have que in systems. Way back in the day, when I played counter-Strike, I qued up(well picked a open server from the list) and played. And magically, even thought it wasn't an MMO, I made friends, joined a clan, and we even went to the CPL tournaments in Dallas together. Imagine that, making friends and attending real life activities with people in a game that wasn't an MMO. Must be a made up story!

MMO no longer means thousands of people all sitting chatting, drinking bears together.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    MMO no longer means thousands of people all sitting chatting, drinking bears together.
    Hmmmmm drinking bears !

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't need a smartphone.

I don't need fibre broadband.

I don't need a flatscreen 21:9 monitor.

However

If I was forced to use a Nokia 5110, 256kbit DSL and a 1024x768 CRT again I would not be happy about it.

We don't need queueing, but it's better than forming groups was, hence why most people like the queueing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Im genuinely curious about this mentality. The whole: "If a queue is not available for me, I won't participate"...

Why even play an MMO if that is the type of game you want?

I don't understand how people have a desire to play WoW or any other MMO, but don't want to interact with other players to get stuff done in the game, or to participate in content in a game. Wasn't the whole premise of an MMO that you were going to be expected to interact with other players to play the game optimally, as the genre (MMO) suggests?

I'd argue that the whole game doesn't have to be Queueable. The game can still be plenty accessible to all types of players with parts of it not available to be queued into.

People who have this mentality, please help me understand why you feel this way? Why does the game have to revolve around your wants and desires of it being a complete queue fest?

People who don't feel this way, what is your argument for having all types of content, specifically content that is unable to be queued for?
    Not all players are social. In fact only about 10% are. And "MMO for social players only" statement is wrong. At least till Blizzard won't state it and implement solo-RPG in Warcraft universe, that all non-social players will be intended to play instead of Wow.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

There wasnt a thread that people talked about the same topic?It was like...1 month ago.

Deleted
    it seems some made up problem.
    people offer even in-game gold to get into groups. CM sale goes on all the time at least in the server i play. also i have noticed leveling people looking mates in trade chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Hmmmmm drinking bears !

Well, don't I look sillier than a goose in prada!

Or: "I remember what it was like to either get into a guild run or not go at all. I remember asking in trade and LFG for an hour or so for the daily heroic before giving up. I don't care to tank or heal, especially for dickbags who will lose their shit if I make a mistake, and I don't play the highest DPS or a DPS with a hard CC."
    I guess that's long for "I remember Burning Crusade."
    And in Leg the alt spec thing is a complete non-starter too. You're intended to play one spec of one character by design. Which squeezes down the number of tanks and healers further.

Sure, Blizzard can do whatever they want and we more or less have to deal with it. But I've been there and it wasn't glorious. More often than not you just didn't do the content, even if only due to the limitations on the kind of group you need to get through the dungeon successfully. If the goal is less people do those dungeons, then mission accomplished because that's more or less what it will do. Not doing Shattered Halls, Arcatraz, or Magister's Terrace didn't make them mysterious or something to strive for. It was just a dungeon you didn't ever do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Wow, this is actually a GOOD Jaylock thread oO.
    Those ppl crying about wanting to queue for everything simply are those ppl who either:
    -Live in their basement
    -childs whose parents said not to talk to strangers
    -Guys whose wives would divorce, if they talked to anyone else
    Its the same with the pro-flight mentality. "If I cant fly, thus trivializing many aspects the game, I won't participate," when in reality flight is just a means of getting from point A to point B. The content is whats in between point A and B.

I just don't understand how one could have a mentality of non-participation just because of things that make the game more "convenient" are not available. Its a game. Just play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Not all players are social. In fact only about 10% are. And "MMO for social players only" statement is wrong. At least till Blizzard won't state it and implement solo-RPG in Warcraft universe, that all non-social players will be intended to play instead of Wow.
    do you just make up numbers as you go?

where do you deduce only 10% of mmorpg players are social

do you have some warped definition of "social"?

15+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree with that statement. I remember in vanilla when it took ages to get a group for things you wanted to do. Of course with the new premade finder it is sort of easy anyway. However it needs better filters if it should replace the queue system. The issue I would have if there was no group finder at all would be that you would have to be in a city to find groups most of the time, because thats where most people are located. So you'd have to be there waiting for a group to fill doing nothing or only things that are accessible in the city.

I think the game would be better without queue's, but given that we have them ...
    Currently, take a guildless player that is 'behind the curve', that has 2 hours free to play WoW tonight, unplanned, unscheduled.
    He can either queue for a dungeon or LFR, and play in 30 mins or less, or face probably 2 hours of rejection upon rejection in premade group finder tying to get accepted into a PUG. What do you propose he does?

The sooner people realize that what defines an MMO is that many players are in a persistent world, and not that you have to be "social" with all of those players, the better off it will be for everyone.

Deleted
    I really wished this would be someone else's topic than jaylock's.

But yeah, if i can't random queue, i won't do it. I don't know how it matters, i did not form groups that much before random queues. Yeah, i did many dungeons in vanilla, but i don't want those times back that much. If there was no random queue system in game, i definitely would not start forming groups in any way, just because it would be only way.

That should be okay, though. Some players do quests / professions. Some players do dungeons. Some players do raids. Those alleged 'casuals' who don't like to group should still find things to do (like providing raids with craftables and earning gold that way to buy their gear, or just being fun social people?), dungeon-crawlers and PvPers forming a sort of 'middle ground' between casuals and hardcore raiders. And then there's the raiders, the alleged elite in the shiniest armor.

^ That's the ideal MMO eco-system; Sure, it's not nice on everyone if all one wants is big shiny numbers, but that's exactly the problem. It's okay to not have big shiny numbers and to have aspirations to do something you currently can't. It's what made old WoW the legend it is today, and the lack of it is what's making modern wow a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohh i love interacting with people, that is why i play online games; to communicate with my fellow gamers and that is also the reason i like group finders, currently with blizzard's real id system it is easier to make friends and communicate and party with players from other realm. And also thanks to group finder i can just ask my friends and create party to jump in dungeon running. And if none are available for it then i solo queue and this is also an opportunity to meet new people. To me it is all about communication and making connection, the more tools available for it the better.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerichofr View Post
    The sooner people realize that what defines an MMO is that many players are in a persistent world, and not that you have to be "social" with all of those players, the better off it will be for everyone.
    "People" don't need to realize it. The developers who think mythic and mythic+ dungeons or any other organizationally blocked content will give people who don't want to guild raid something to do are the ones who need to figure it out.