Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onoros View Post
    lame ending for a good character.
    Blizzard ruins her, decides it would be too much effort to fix her, and kills her off. She is the personification of WoD.

Deleted
    It's difficult beeing an island in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Why not? She's going mental anyways.
    She did not. Her home was nuked. I want to see how you would react if it happened to yours.

She lost her trust in the horde. She did not go crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me. 7.1 as the Kara 5-man(similar to 4.1), 7.2 as Kul Tiras as a raid where we kill Jaina, 7.3 as Tomb of Sargeras/Argus/Palace of Kil'jaeden/wherever.
    Are you sure that isn't an undercity raid instead? Looks way more probable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    It's difficult beeing an island in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

She did not. Her home was nuked. I want to see how you would react if it happened to yours.

She lost her trust in the horde. She did not go crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you sure that isn't an undercity raid instead? Looks way more probable.
    Dave Kosak has described himself as a massive Sylvanas fanboy, and wrote everything involving her in Cata. She is invincible by virtue of one of the lead writers being infatuated with her.

Deleted
    One way or another, I'm pretty confident that she won't survive to see 8.0 unless she's Forsaken.
    I still hope it wont come to it , maybe she comes to her senses at some point , maybe she will see that its the only way to defeat the legion.
    A karazhan dungeon would be a god send for a lot of people , including me.

- - - Updated - - -

Dave Kosak has described himself as a massive Sylvanas fanboy, and wrote everything involving her in Cata. She is invincible by virtue of one of the lead writers being infatuated with her.
    Isn't the majority of blizzard a bunch of horde enthusiasts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambit5555 View Post
    I should really clarify when I say community I tend to mean the mmo-champ one primarily
    I've never seen a great difference between the MMO-Champion community and the greater community in game. One more or less seems to be a microcosm of the other. I'd say this community is perhaps a bit more negative in their opinions, but not to the point I'd say it vastly diverges from the in-game one (among those who speak openly of these matters).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    Yeah, it`s not like Blizz doing the development and they decide what should be on any island..ohh, wait...
    I`m impressed how people think if he says anything that`s like God`s words...Can you check what is on that island? No... Can you check what is the better, cooler, etc instead? No..Does it sounds like a huge bullcrap? Yes...
    Yes, you are entirely correct, Thal'Dranath's content and design was indeed the best that alpha Legion implemented. That flat blob of sand and tree... wait...

Her plans are subverted by Greymane in Stormheim at least, though we don't see exactly what happens yet since the cinematic isn't in beta.

The fact everyone is up and arms about this is shows how little trust we have for Blizzard anymore. After the massive amount of content cut from WoD, why shouldnt the Playerbase feel worried about this? Just because they say they have something "bigger, better" doesn't mean its actually going to be good...remember when they said that Naval Ships for 6.2 were going to be a fresh, exciting new thing?
    Yeah...and how did that turn out?
    Just a new coat of Garrison Mission shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Decisive The Hallowed View Post
    The fact everyone is up and arms about this is shows how little trust we have for Blizzard anymore. After the massive amount of content cut from WoD, why shouldnt the Playerbase feel worried about this? Just because they say they have something "bigger, better" doesn't mean its actually going to be good...remember when they said that Naval Ships for 6.2 were going to be a fresh, exciting new thing?
    Yeah...and how did that turn out?
    Just a new coat of Garrison Mission shit.
    What was it about Thal'dranath that had you so excited that you can't live without it? Just wondering. As far as I know there wasn't anything ever said about it so it just makes me curious that people were so attached to something we knew nothing about except the name. How did you know Thal'dranath was going to be good? That seems to be what I'm picking up from your post.

Quote Originally Posted by lanesia24 View Post
    What was it about Thal'dranath that had you so excited that you can't live without it? Just wondering. As far as I know there wasn't anything ever said about it so it just makes me curious that people were so attached to something we knew nothing about except the name. How did you know Thal'dranath was going to be good? That seems to be what I'm picking up from your post.
    I never said Thal'dranath would be good or even bad. What my point is that mainly why people are losing their shit when seeing that its been cut is because its a very similar feeling to how WoD was nothing but cut content.

We already have THREE elf zones in this expansion. Please, no more. I'm more than happy that it is going to be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Zia View Post
    What did we get instead of Farahlon? NOTHING.

That's also what you'll get instead of Tal'dranath.
    Sorry but I don't have trust issues

Blizzard disappointed me by failing to deliver on Farahlon, I was really interested to see the roots of the Laughing Skull clan. But ah well. They have thousands of other stories to tell.

I can't wait to see what's cooler than more night elf ruins.
    And yes, I will be annoyed if they let us down again. But until that happens, I'm not going to assume anything.

I never said Thal'dranath would be good or even bad. What my point is that mainly why people are losing their shit when seeing that its been cut is because its a very similar feeling to how WoD was nothing but cut content.
    Yes but the difference is this is the ONLY thing to really be 'cut' from Legion and even then it was patch content that they're going in a different direction on, rather than just cutting it entirely. We're getting X instead of Y, while as with Farahlon they just cut X with no replacement.

They've mentioned before that they really liked the 5.3 patch and what it did for the Barrens. Probably something similar in the works.

please add "and replaced with a new, better idea" to the title of the thread, its a bit misleading
    but seriously theres a difference between scrapped content, and revised content, when will people realize this

Are these people blind and unable to see the part where they said they have a better idea then making another elf zone with demons?

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit5555 View Post
    If they go that route, which I wouldn't blame them, then they would either cancel Blizzcon, or only have Blizzcon a month before expansion release. The community can't bitch about not enough communication, then bitch ever time something in development changes

- - - Updated - - -

You should probably never read about any game ever in development then. Ever
    Are you serious right now?

There are two kinds of people in life; those who can think for themselves, and those who are told to stay in their box.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I've never seen a great difference between the MMO-Champion community and the greater community in game. One more or less seems to be a microcosm of the other. I'd say this community is perhaps a bit more negative in their opinions, but not to the point I'd say it vastly diverges from the in-game one (among those who speak openly of these matters).
    The negatitivity is more aggressive here, at least compared to my server. Though I am eternally thankful that neither this group or the trade chat trolls represent the majority of the player base. The majority don't visit forums, either ignore or have chat turned off, and hop on to have some fun with friends. They are not going to know enough details on lore to cry about it, they know enough about a rotation to kill stuff at a decent pace, and are overall far more bearable than the majority of the people who think they are elitists but aren't. Hell, had a dk join a Mythic through group finder about 3 months back. He gets in there and is doing about 125-130k DPS consistently compared to the 50-60k DPS my friends are doing. Guy joins in the next run with us and hops in vent. When I commented on how impressive he was, he responded " Nah, I just am really geared out. If y'all had the same gear, you would easily be doing the same." That is what represents the wow community for me. People who come in, kick ass, and are humble about their skill. But most of what I've seen from here has been negativity and a toxic form of elitism that kills communities

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    Are you serious right now?

There are two kinds of people in life; those who can think for themselves, and those who are told to stay in their box.
    Yes I'm completely serious right now. People losing their shit over Sand Island being replaced are not intelligent enough to think for themselves. And anyone bitching about why didn't they tell us more about what they have planned? READ THE FUCKING 30+ PAGES HERE OVER A CIRCLE WITH A NAME BEING REMOVED

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Yessss! just like how Farahlon and the Ogre Island were scrapped to be "replaced" with something better.

I'm feeling better for not pre-ordering Legion already.
    Quote where they explicitly said Farahlon / Ogre continent will make into the course of WoD & being replaced by something else. Oh wait, nowhere they said such things. Only thing that was ever said is they want to introduce Farahlon, no guarantees.

This hate on everything Blizzard... just don't know why you guys visit a Blizzard fan site then...

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Quote where they explicitly said Farahlon / Ogre continent will make into the course of WoD & being replaced by something else. Oh wait, nowhere they said such things. Only thing that was ever said is they want to introduce Farahlon, no guarantees.

This hate on everything Blizzard... just don't know why you guys visit a Blizzard fan site then...
    Honestly it is sad seeing how many disgruntled angry people are still consumed by this game and hate one it more than anything yet you can tell they cannot let it go. I don't get it. The game changes, if you don't like the way the game is or is going then why do you still play and spend time on a fansite devoted to said game? Like you literally cannot let go despite all your protests about cancelling and not playing you still can't let go and that's truly sad.