7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Well that's just incorrect.
    Yuppp. Voli is never behind nor are his ganks soft. You can't out run or duel him. You will blow summons or die. He will tank the entire team and if you have any damage dealers with half a brain its GG. Throw in his crazy base damage and that is why he has a high win rate regardless of comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    He's the second highest win rate jungler right now in Platinum+ (the highest is Skarner, but that's probably an anomaly because nobody plays Skarner = low sample size), and he's likely even higher win rate in lower divisions (because he takes no skill and requires good positioning to counter).
    He's been the highest like 3 patches in a row. Winrate isn't everything, but it's definitely indicative of his strength when he's been #1-2 for this long now. He definitely is one of the best junglers in the game right now, but probably not THE best.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rawwrz View Post
    Yuppp. Voli is never behind nor are his ganks soft. You can't out run or duel him. You will blow summons or die. He will tank the entire team and if you have any damage dealers with half a brain its GG. Throw in his crazy base damage and that is why he has a high win rate regardless of comp.
    Pretty much. Speed increase+AOE slow somwhow means his ganks are soft??

the highest is Skarner, but that's probably an anomaly because nobody plays Skarner = low sample size.
    I wouldn't be so sure its an anomaly - The changes to Tri Force really helped Skarner out. He was performing well with the old one too, but the new one is just fantastic for him, its got more of the stats he wants and none of the crit he doesn't. He's tanky, deals absurd amounts of damage and has one of the better ults for winning games rolled into one. He's got solo carry written all over him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawwrz View Post
    Honestly Voli's ganks aren't the best. He's not even in the same league as someone like Vi or Maokai who have gaurenteed grabs even if you're ganking someone slippery, nor Zac or Rammus who can both show up unexpectedly and catch even the best laners off guard. Voli can run at people and thats it really. He's hard to deal with if he catches you, but its by no means a sure thing. Rammus at least runs at you so fast that by the time you spot him with a ward its already too late to escape. Being ganked by Rammus is the stuff nightmares are made of.

Where people tend to mess up with Volibear is when they think "Voli is almost dead, I bet I can burst him down". Scaling both with his max HP and your missing HP makes him the ultimate champion for punishing greedy play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get with the Meta. Maokai hasn't been in the jungle for at least 2 seasons now.

Volibear has consistently had a high win rate, even on players new to the champion and his pick rate is ever increasing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Where people tend to mess up with Volibear is when they think "Voli is almost dead, I bet I can burst him down". Scaling both with his max HP and your missing HP makes him the ultimate champion for punishing greedy play.
    So they mess up by thinking the enemy player can be killed, sounds about right
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Well, Voli do have a 54% win rate, which is pretty darn decent. And you can't outrun the bear, not sure why people pick Flash with him, but Ghost + Q and a Deadmans Plate, and you will catch anything.
    Best part is if you can get into their lane with only Ghost, slow them and start chomping them, and when they Flash you press Q and toss them back into the fight.

He is really strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Well, Voli do have a 54% win rate, which is pretty darn decent. And you can't outrun the bear, not sure why people pick Flash with him, but Ghost + Q and a Deadmans Plate, and you will catch anything.
    Best part is if you can get into their lane with only Ghost, slow them and start chomping them, and when they Flash you press Q and toss them back into the fight.

He is really strong.
    Nothing beats insta flash + Q. Sure ghost works well with him but it doesn't stop CC or anything. With his Q and Deadmans you shouldn't have much need for ghost anyway.

He is quite kite-able, but he barely dies, has massive clear, AoE slows and destroys most things with his high base damage and Frenzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Get with the Meta. Maokai hasn't been in the jungle for at least 2 seasons now.
    I've still been playing him jungle every now and then. A point and click root, that follows people through dashes, is a very strong ganking tool. Having knockbacks and slows to follow it up means Mao puts a lot of control on to his targets. Voli has his flip and his slow, but to use either effectively he already has to be close. Someone like Riven is going to be gone long before you get the chance to catch up.

I'm not really even sure why Mao fell out as a jungler, as a tank he has a lot of utility and a low gold requirement to be effective. He's great if you want to shut lanes down early and snowball the game.

So they mess up by thinking the enemy player can be killed, sounds about right
    Its rare that the guy you're trying to explode ends up with more health than he started with though. It seems like theres at least one guy per team, almost always Zed or Yasuo, whose out for all the kills they can get no matter what. Voli just loves those kinds of players because he punishes them so hard. Thats how I've been getting fed off my arse playing him anyway, people are still doing it in Plat 2.

Deleted
    I'm not really even sure why Mao fell out as a jungler, as a tank he has a lot of utility and a low gold requirement to be effective. He's great if you want to shut lanes down early and snowball the game.
    It's not that he's bad, it's just that most top tier junglers do his things but better. You say a Riven can just das haway from a Voli, but Mao's point and lcick root doesn't have a gigantic range either, and it's not the fastest jungler either. If you're able to run in and root them, you could most probably run in ant flip them as voli too. Only he has a lot more damage. It's pretty much the same for someone like Hecarim.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    It's pretty much the same for someone like Hecarim.
    Hellarims is so good right now, I love it. Rode his horsedick all the way into diamond for the first time.

Is Darius FOTM again? Out of my ~8 ranked games last night, he was in I think 4 of them.

Oh, just checked. He has the third highest playrate in top right now behind Irelia who was in pretty much the rest of the games and Yasuo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is Darius FOTM again? Out of my ~8 ranked games last night, he was in I think 4 of them.

Oh, just checked. He has the third highest playrate in top right now behind Irelia who was in pretty much the rest of the games and Yasuo.
    Yep. I think they need to decrease his self-healing honestly - it's one thing for him to be punishing in melee - but he's surprisingly tanky too: which just doesn't feel right.

Yep. I think they need to decrease his self-healing honestly - it's one thing for him to be punishing in melee - but he's surprisingly tanky too: which just doesn't feel right.
    Cut the healing of a single target but add a multiplier for hitting multiple targets so it balances around to about live values that way he is still greatly rewarded for landing Q on multiple targets but it's more forgiving to lane against.
    But I don't work on the balance team, and I'm sure at some level that's a retarded suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Maaanwell desi suave View Post
    I fucking love when people get so fed, they throw the game on some arrogance.
    "I am a fed Caitlyn, I am invincible. Nothing bad could possibly happen if I solo push this lane or walk into melee range of the enemy Warwick."

"I am a fed Caitlyn, I am invincible. Nothing bad could possibly happen if I solo push this lane or walk into melee range of the enemy Warwick."
    actually! "Im a 17/1 attrox, I lack such self respect I play a pure cheese champion... LOL I can 1v3... LOL my team can 4v5 you all..I'll spilt push! LOL my team lost the fight because all our gold was top lane with me pushing..LOL the enemy is in my base...LETS RACE LOLLLLLL..Oh..their miss fortune an diana press faster than me.."

Literally won because that jackass thought his team could win without him, an tried to base race 1v5. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    U6 easily has the best charcters introduce in SUper, aside from Beerus and BLack
    jajaja

15+ Year Old Account
    Top laners who don't TP in for teamfights (until its too late) are a pet peeve of mine definitely. As an Eve / Vi, my signal to initiate a fight is usually the start of our toplaners TP - then I'll drop my Eve R on their team and chunk out the farthest back enemy carry. Or as Vi I'll punch their frontline and backout to get debuff their armor / get them to retaliate / look-at-me-and-not-the-TP.

If the top laner saves TP too late I end up saving my abilities - which means the enemy gets first strike: which can often be pretty decisive in a teamfight. Then the TP finally comes down, but by then we're all at death's door and just trying to disengage.

I was hoping with the patch that went out today we would be able to finally use Dark Star Thresh again, but nope, still disabled. You would think such a major bug would have been caught/fixed while it was on the PBE....

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    I was hoping with the patch that went out today we would be able to finally use Dark Star Thresh again, but nope, still disabled. You would think such a major bug would have been caught/fixed while it was on the PBE....
    In their defense, they said the bug was never once reported in the internal testing and the PBE.

How they've handled it since then though has been less than stellar.

In their defense, they said the bug was never once reported in the internal testing and the PBE.

How they've handled it since then though has been less than stellar.
    But how does such a major bug not get reported? What are PBE players actually doing?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    But how does such a major bug not get reported? What are PBE players actually doing?
    Making new skin videos for youtube views obviously