Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Well, thats factually wrong, WoW (the golfcourse) has changed a lot since 2004. Some changes good, others bad.
    And the queue systems are some of the *best* things added to WoW. They're so good in fact, that they've basically become a staple of the genre. Face it, the days of the 2004 MMO are over.

2016 is here, and it is glorious. Put the elitists in their place.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Well, thats factually wrong, WoW (the golfcourse) has changed a lot since 2004. Some changes good, others bad.
    A minimum of intellectual effort please. This ist STILL about dungeons and LFG tool vs. forming groups manually. The golf course analogy holds absolutely no water at all and is just plain - yep, factually, since it's such a popular and widely abused term around here - wrong.

The guy who made the analogy made it sound as if "his" golf course got changed and there's now all these other people on it, which would completely change his usual experience. The truth of the matter is however that a matchmaking system is ANOTHER golf course! Other place, other people, even if the game played is a similar one. Nothing got changed about "his" golf course. It's still there, it's still the usual semi-pro golf players, and there are no middle-aged ladies and kids around. They're all at this other new golf course.

It's really not that hard to grasp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerichofr View Post
    And im glad Blizzard took 2 dungeons off the queue for Legion.

A good step in the right direction to taking more stuff off the random queue. "Make Azeroth Social Again!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Im genuinely curious about this mentality. The whole: "If a queue is not available for me, I won't participate"...

Why even play an MMO if that is the type of game you want?

I don't understand how people have a desire to play WoW or any other MMO, but don't want to interact with other players to get stuff done in the game, or to participate in content in a game. Wasn't the whole premise of an MMO that you were going to be expected to interact with other players to play the game optimally, as the genre (MMO) suggests?

I'd argue that the whole game doesn't have to be Queueable. The game can still be plenty accessible to all types of players with parts of it not available to be queued into.

People who have this mentality, please help me understand why you feel this way? Why does the game have to revolve around your wants and desires of it being a complete queue fest?

People who don't feel this way, what is your argument for having all types of content, specifically content that is unable to be queued for?

Whenever I see the other side of the argument say this I immediately disregard their comment because to me it's like saying "why does the game have to revolve around your wants and desires it should revolve around mine!" The game doesn't revolve around anyone's wants and desires it revolves around Blizzard's because they make the content. The final decision falls on them not us. About the queuing, I will agree one thing that the queuing for dungeons really take away the adventure feeling it used to have. It would be nice to have the LFG system look for players for you and then each player would have to travel to the actual dungeon and using the cross realm thing, summon players using the summoning stone instead of the LFG tool teleporting you to it. It would be a nice medium, I think, of keeping the game feel like it was before LFG while also having the convenience that the LFG tool provides. I can't even remember the last time I had to actually go to the dungeon and enter it the old fashioned way it's been so long.

Bottom line though is Blizzard is going to do to this game whatever they feel is the right thing to do and since it's THEIR game we don't really have much of a say in it. We should not be acting like little bratty babies and demanding this and that. Whatever we get is what we get. Like always constructive feedback is welcome but not when it's just children throwing a temper tantrum because they can't have the game the way the want it to be. As I have always said if WoW is not to your liking anymore quit and move on to something else. There were LOTS of changes I didn't agree with but you don't see me making threads demanding Blizzard get rid of this and change that or gimme this and gimme that. I dealt with it learned to accept it and continued playing and learned to have fun with it. And guess what? Turns out those changes aren't so bad after all because I'm still playing the game almost 10 years later. I just don't understand why people can't just enjoy things for what they are. There always has to be that group of self entitled whiners because everything and anything is never good enough.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

And im glad Blizzard took 2 dungeons off the queue for Legion.

A good step in the right direction to taking more stuff off the random queue. "Make Azeroth Social Again!"
    Nothing Blizzard can do about it. That is just two dungeons most people likely won't do. If people hated random queues so much then they would never have been added to the game. I suggest you find a whole big bunch of like minded folk and start a revolution!"Make Azeroth Social Again!" Good luck to you!!

Meanwhile the rest of us will be queueing randomly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Nothing Blizzard can do about it. That is just two dungeons most people likely won't do. If people hated random queues so much then they would never have been added to the game. I suggest you find a whole big bunch of like minded folk and start a revolution!"Make Azeroth Social Again!" Good luck to you!!

Meanwhile the rest of us will be queueing randomly.
    You make no sense. If you ever took a look in the Group Finder Tool, you would see right now that there are multiple (as in MANY) groups being formed for Mythic WoD dungeons. You are wrong.

A+ to Blizzard for taking 2 dungeons off the random matchmaking queue. I hope the mega dungeon in patch 7.1 isnt on the random queue either

You make no sense. If you ever took a look in the Group Finder Tool, you would see right now that there are multiple (as in MANY) groups being formed for Mythic WoD dungeons. You are wrong.

A+ to Blizzard for taking 2 dungeons off the random matchmaking queue. I hope the mega dungeon in patch 7.1 isnt on the random queue either
    It isn't a mega dungeon. It was described as being mega. So yes it will be random queue most likely. I hope they make more content random queue as well as non queue just to irk you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It isn't a mega dungeon. It was described as being mega. So yes it will be random queue most likely. I hope they make more content random queue as well as non queue just to irk you
    I'm fine with that. As long as there is exclusive content not in a queue that cant be consumed any other way than forming your own group for it.

How about a straight 50/50 split? If one dungeon is released that has a queue available, then the next dungeon released doesn't have a queue available.

I'm fine with that. As long as there is exclusive content not in a queue that cant be consumed any other way than forming your own group for it.

How about a straight 50/50 split? If one dungeon is released that has a queue available, then the next dungeon released doesn't have a queue available.
    Or they do what they want? Because let's face it they don't give a shit what any side of the community wants anymore. WoD and flying both proved that. And this is the solution. The Normal/Heroic is queable the Mythic is not... Oh wait how it currently is.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-06-21 at 07:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or they do what they want? Because let's face it they don't give a shit what any side of the community wants anymore. WoD and flying both proved that.
    WoD was a great expansion, and flying should have been removed a long time ago. I think they did A+ work.

WoD was a great expansion, and flying should have been removed a long time ago. I think they did A+ work.
    I forgot who I am arguing with here. Also just because you don't like flying does not mean that there is not 2 sides to the argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    I forgot who I am arguing with here. Also just because you don't like flying does not mean that there is not 2 sides to the argument.
    I agree there are 2 sides to the argument, which is exactly why Blizzard struck a good compromise in WoD and in Legion to bring flight into the game after a few patches in.

Everybody is a winner in that scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    How would you feel if you were a semi-pro level golf player and some day you'd see your favorite golf course has taken some modifications: Middle aged ladies now water their flowers on fairways, kids make sand castles in bunkers and their fathers are fishing by the waters. The size of all greens are now doubled and holes are located at the bottom of flat pits so that the ball rolls in easier. Next to every green is a conveyor that takes you to the beginning of the next hole and has a kiosk that sells soda and lollipops.

Would you call it a narrow view if one didn't like this at all, because this is exactly what has happened to this game.
    You are not very skilled at making analogies.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Well, I am up for the change. One of the things I am looking for in the expansion is checking which world quests are from dungeons each day and then form a group, like I used to do in TBC to farm justice medals, to do it in Mythic.

Mythic dungeons at lvl 1 are just heroics with a bit more damage, I don't understand how people are freaking so much about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerichofr View Post
    And the queue systems are some of the *best* things added to WoW. They're so good in fact, that they've basically become a staple of the genre. Face it, the days of the 2004 MMO are over.

Yes, its the elitists that queue mania has hurt....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    A minimum of intellectual effort please. This ist STILL about dungeons and LFG tool vs. forming groups manually. The golf course analogy holds absolutely no water at all and is just plain - yep, factually, since it's such a popular and widely abused term around here - wrong.

The guy who made the analogy made it sound as if "his" golf course got changed and there's now all these other people on it, which would completely change his usual experience. The truth of the matter is however that a matchmaking system is ANOTHER golf course! Other place, other people, even if the game played is a similar one. Nothing got changed about "his" golf course. It's still there, it's still the usual semi-pro golf players, and there are no middle-aged ladies and kids around. They're all at this other new golf course.

It's really not that hard to grasp.
    It apparently is for you though. The metaphor works fine. Its not "another" gold course. That doesn't make sense. Did the "developers" of the gold course force the OP to go to a different gold course? No. They just changed the look. Its like Caddyshack 2. Its sad that I'm siding with the bad guys in that film... but damn.

It apparently is for you though. The metaphor works fine. Its not "another" gold course. That doesn't make sense. Did the "developers" of the gold course force the OP to go to a different gold course? No. They just changed the look. Its like Caddyshack 2. Its sad that I'm siding with the bad guys in that film... but damn.
    Phew, it seems you're massively confused right now. Hey man, I hope it gets better.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Phew, it seems you're massively confused right now. Hey man, I hope it gets better.
    Classic deflection.

Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    How would you feel if you were a semi-pro level golf player and some day you'd see your favorite golf course has taken some modifications: Middle aged ladies now water their flowers on fairways, kids make sand castles in bunkers and their fathers are fishing by the waters. The size of all greens are now doubled and holes are located at the bottom of flat pits so that the ball rolls in easier. Next to every green is a conveyor that takes you to the beginning of the next hole and has a kiosk that sells soda and lollipops.

Would you call it a narrow view if one didn't like this at all, because this is exactly what has happened to this game.
    Nope. It has not, if you are referring to the game in general, it never was special or hard. The difference is that, using your analogy, is what you though was special that only a few people can do turns out to be rather easy and everyone can do. So your golf course now has more people playing.

WoW was never hard to begin with. It was made to be easy and certains features were added to improve the flow and convenience.

If you are referring to raiding, again that is wrong. Because, using your analogy, they build an easier golf course next to yours but you are still complaining about it. What is so wrong with other people playing a different version of the raid to you? If Blizzard downscaled all the raids then I can understand the resentment. But they have not.

This sounds to me all about jealously. Jealously that other people can now also enter a raid that you considered to be reserved of special players. I am in no mean a skillful player and never considered to be one. Raiding was something special. So I was surprised at how untrue that was. The most difficult aspect of raiding to me was not the skill. It was about time. Do players have the time to raid. Even for my guild, the RL have said the most difficult part of finding people was their attitude and availability. Skills and gear comes later. It can be improved on.

Granted that we are not a Mythic raiding guild or chasing server first. We are just a regular mixed of normal and heroic raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't the whole premise of an MMO that you were going to be expected to interact with other players to play the game optimally, as the genre (MMO) suggests?
    MMO, short for MMORPG, has the word game in it. It's something to play and have fun with.

I'd much rather play the game non-optimally and have fun than be a cookie-cutter player like everyone else.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    MMO, short for MMORPG, has the word game in it. It's something to play and have fun with.

I'd much rather play the game non-optimally and have fun than be a cookie-cutter player like everyone else.
    You can have fun with people who want to have fun as their primary goal.

I want to have fun but my fun comes from killing bosses, which I have to play optimally to do. If your fun doesn't require you to play optimally and mine does, we won't be having fun together.