Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Do you think Russia is after your land?
    *looks at the map of Eastern Bloc in 1988*
    Hmm... Hard question...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    *looks at the map of Eastern Bloc in 1988*
    Hmm... Hard question...
    I always find it amusing when i get Americans talking in things like invasions, government replacements etc. They are the best at that so i always listen to what they have to say very carefully.

Deleted
    You guys are going to be the place that war will take place if it even comes to that. The front line, the blender.
    You need to do some waking up and fast. You are just pieces of the USA's geopolitical chess board, nothing else.
    Dude, listen up, stop blaming US, Russia isn't an angel here either.

Thing is, both NATO and Russia need to chill the fuck out. Pre-2014 was alright, but then our media was filled with this shit :

They're not trying to tell us it'll be okay, they're demonizing Russia in the reader's minds( sounds comical coming from a russian, sure, but go on delfi.lt and see how many posts about Putin or Russia they post every hour) and they're not helping de-escalate the situation to something that could be dealt with in a meeting with an agreement.

I really wish everyone could just get along instead of forcing each people's against eachother.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always find it amusing when i get Americans talking in things like invasions, government replacements etc. They are the best at that so i always listen to what they have to say very carefully.
    Oh, you want to play this game? Fine...

*looks at the Economy in Greece Wiki article*

Greek talking in things like... actually, I think you should just be mute.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Oh, you want to play this game? Fine...

*looks at the Economy in Greece Wiki article*

Greek talking in things like... actually, I think you should just be mute.
    Dear May.

One parent is Greek, one is Italian, i was born and raised in Montreal and my mother's grandfather is Hungarian.

But even if i was Greek 100% i would still prefer to be called out for living in a country that is ruled by incompetent idiots (which they are) rather to be called out for voting governments responsible for millions of dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LividCynic View Post
    Dude, listen up, stop blaming US, Russia isn't an angel here either.

Thing is, both NATO and Russia need to chill the fuck out. Pre-2014 was alright, but then our media was filled with this shit :
    Russia post S.U is much better in comparison to the USA. I don't say they are angels but hey, look what USA is doing to a global scale man. Wherever there is conflict in this planet, chances are USA is somehow involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear May.

One parent is Greek, one is Italian, i was born and raised in Montreal and my mother's grandfather is Hungarian.

But even if i was Greek 100% i would still prefer to be called out for living in a country that is ruled by incompetent idiots (which they are) rather to be called out for voting governments responsible for millions of dead.
    I am not 100% American either (I am 0% American, in fact), but hey, it didn't stop you, did it?

Also, study the history of Greece a bit; there has been a LOT of blood!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    Then intelligently state your political leaning.
    I'm so sorry that you still don't get. Try again next time, will you? *pat*

Poor Ulmita, you are trying so hard to say something that doesn't contradict something else you've said, and always coming short... *sigh* I guess punishment can't be delayed any longer. Assume the position!
    It puts a smile on my face when someone calls him out on that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Dont worry. Scroesec will show up and copy paste page after page of Space-X and Locheed Martin promotional material as the good technology evangelist that he is.
    And here you are with your obsession of Scroe with nothing to argue against him you try to ridicule him but fail as usual. Do you masturbate every time Scroe posts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    Another? Let me guess, you actually believe all the bullshit the german press says about Putin?
    Keep reading Bild and Spiegel you poor poor munchkin.
    Ironically, you only need to read Russian propaganda to realise just how deeply misguided the Russian population must be at this stage. Even if I didn't read German news at all, I'd know that Putin was full of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Dont worry. Scroesec will show up and copy paste page after page of Space-X and Locheed Martin promotional material as the good technology evangelist that he is.
    Better than being paid for posting bullshit claims by a dictatorship... eh Cybran?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LividCynic View Post
    Tbh, I wish every time one of these threads came up, anyone who stirred shit would be infracted.

Ethnic russian living in Lithuania here, you're all talking shit from your homes from Western Europe or the US, yet you don't understand - nobody wants war, nobody here wants NATO either, nor do we want Russia "reclaiming" our lands, even though Crimea's annexation wasn't because of the ethnic russians, but because of the military base and access to the Black Sea.

I know russians are too proud to back off and stand down, I know westerners don't like to back down either, so this is just escalating because one force wants to subdue the other.

Russia gets new military tech? NATO has to step up their game. NATO does it? Russia works on new tech as well. It's escalating way too far now and personally, I don't want to see the result of two egos colliding.

Please, project your power to someone somewhere else - we know we're being used as a buffer zone and we don't like either sides because we'll get royally diddlied anyway.
    All this shit is happening, because the baltic states are shitting their pants and all but begging NATO to show force at their borders. Don't delude yourself into thinking you're the innocent third party in this. You're in NATO, you requested our Eurofighters to patrol your airspace, you are one of the reasons why this pot is bubbling like it is.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I am not 100% American either (I am 0% American, in fact), but hey, it didn't stop you, did it?

Also, study the history of Greece a bit; there has been a LOT of blood!
    I enjoy how you cannot bring up Russia's history post-Soviet Union. It doesn't count, millions upon millions of dead from cleansings and gulags never existed, conquering your neighboring countries under an iron heel... nope. Not allowed here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Sure if you can make all these places agree to go back =)
    We just got a tiny island from belgium, we are making small steps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Ironically, you only need to read Russian propaganda to realise just how deeply misguided the Russian population must be at this stage. Even if I didn't read German news at all, I'd know that Putin was full of shit.
    For us Dutchies, its always hard to pick who is worse, Putin or Erdogan.
    Well.. not always, not for those who blame Russia for Mh17.

All this shit is happening, because the baltic states are shitting their pants and all but begging NATO to show force at their borders. Don't delude yourself into thinking you're the innocent third party in this. You're in NATO, you requested our Eurofighters to patrol your airspace, you are one of the reasons why this pot is bubbling like it is.
    >Ethnic Russian

Should ring a bell, i'd rather go with the opinions of those who are natives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I enjoy how you cannot bring up Russia's history post-Soviet Union. It doesn't count, millions upon millions of dead from cleansings and gulags never existed, conquering your neighboring countries under an iron heel... nope. Not allowed here.
    Yes... Every time someone brings up the events from, say, 1986, just 30 years ago - it is immediately, "But it was Soviet Union, not Russia!". And then proceed with talking about slavery in the US, which ceased to exist a century and a half ago.

Rush B p90 cyka blyat

What about people in Chechnya who wanted separation from Russia throughout 90-s and were brutally forced to return, twice? Where are the tears about them?

Hint: it is a bit more complicated than, "They want to do something, so they should be able to".
    Let's just settle on the fact that you know nothing about what happened in Chechnya, OK? The situation in Chechnya was very simillar to how ISIS is formed now: in the beginning of 90s, on the brink of USSR's collapse there was a bunch of national organizations forming all over USSR, Chechens had one of those, lead by Dudaev, a former Soviet army officer. In 1991, right after the August Putch (coup) Dudaev and his followers staged a coup in Grozny, followed by genocide and exile of the most ethnicities, other than Chechens. By 1996, after assasination of Dudaev and Hasaviourt Treaties Ichkeriya (independent Chechnya) had it's independancy, which in 1997 was defacto recognized by Moscow. At this point Chechnya had numerous armed separatists groups, but most of them were not terrorists.

By 2000 the economy of the new country was still non-existant. Various military groups existed who tried to get money wherever they could, which was slave trafficing, kidnappings, drug trafficing and oil contraband. Islamists from all over the region were attracted to the place and some of them got money from Qatar and Jordan (they same was Al-Qaeda was funded) and started hiring mercenaries from various radical islamists factions, including Taliban and Al-Qaeda. This resulted in them declaring territories of Chechnya and all neighboring islamic regions an islamic state, much like ISIS now. Worth noting that Ichkeriya was a secular state by constitution until 1999 when it was taken over by islamists and became a terrorist state. In 1999 this buildup resulted in at invasion to the neighboring region of Russia - Dagestan, thus began the second Chechnya was, which had nothing to do with it's independence.

In 1999 during the campaign in Dagestan terrorists carried on a series of attacks in Russian cities (4 appartment complexes were bombed which resulted in over 300 people dead). Worth noting that the head of Dagestan operation offered Ichkeriya government to assist Russian army in the operation, but they declined. This resulted in mister Putin (less than 2 months premier minister at that point, his first major position) declaring Ichkeriya illigitimate and launching an offensive in Chechnya. Chechens who didnt support radical islamism were offered amnesty and legitimization in Chechnya as a part of Russia. In the end a large part of people who fought against Russian army then changed sides and some of them are ruling Chechnya right now: Ramzan Kadyrov who is the current president of Chechnya fought Russian army with weapons in hand, and his father, who was the first president but later assasinated was mufti of Ichkeriya.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Let's just settle on the fact that you know nothing about what happened in Chechnya, OK? The situation in Chechnya was very simillar to how ISIS is formed now: in the beginning of 90s, on the brink of USSR's collapse there was a bunch of national organizations forming all over USSR, Chechens had one of those, lead by Dudaev, a former Soviet army officer. In 1991, right after the August Putch (coup) Dudaev and his followers staged a coup in Grozny, followed by genocide and exile of the most ethnicities, other than Chechens. By 1996, after assasination of Dudaev and Hasaviourt Treaties Ichkeriya (independent Chechnya) had it's independancy, which in 1997 was defacto recognized by Moscow. At this point Chechnya had numerous armed separatists groups, but most of them were not terrorists.

By 2000 the economy of the new country was still non-existant. Various military groups existed who tried to get money wherever they could, which was slave trafficing, kidnappings, drug trafficing and oil contraband. Islamists from all over the region were attracted to the place and some of them got money from Qatar and Jordan (they same was Al-Qaeda was funded) and started hiring mercenaries from various radical islamists factions, including Taliban and Al-Qaeda. This resulted in them declaring territories of Chechnya and all neighboring islamic regions an islamic state, much like ISIS now. Worth noting that Ichkeriya was a secular state by constitution until 1999 when it was taken over by islamists and became a terrorist state. In 1999 this buildup resulted in at invasion to the neighboring region of Russia - Dagestan, thus began the second Chechnya was, which had nothing to do with it's independence.

In 1999 during the campaign in Dagestan terrorists carried on a series of attacks in Russian cities (4 appartment complexes were bombed which resulted in over 300 people dead). Worth noting that the head of Dagestan operation offered Ichkeriya government to assist Russian army in the operation, but they declined. This resulted in mister Putin (less than 2 months premier minister at that point, his first major position) declaring Ichkeriya illigitimate and launching an offensive in Chechnya. Chechens who didnt support radical islamism were offered amnesty and legitimization in Chechnya as a part of Russia. In the end a large part of people who fought against Russian army then changed sides and some of them are ruling Chechnya right now: Ramzan Kadyrov who is the current president of Chechnya fought Russian army with weapons in hand, and his father, who was the first president but later assasinated was mufti of Ichkeriya.
    So, you didn't read the hint, did you? Go read it now.

Deleted
    Do you think Russia is after your land?
    Why do you think that Turkey are after Greece?

I feel like people too often fall into the trap of assuming that Russia MUST be strong and powerful just because it looks really big on a map. Well those people clearly aren't looking at the right map...

The Russian economy is smaller than South Korea's. There is no parity between it and the United States, period.

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    Why do you think that Turkey are after Greece?
    wow wait what? somebody thinks turkey is after greece holy fucking shit sir i spit my coffee lol god sake. Really human potential is limitless in every aspect including spewing bullshit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    wow wait what? somebody thinks turkey is after greece holy fucking shit sir i spit my coffee lol god sake. Really human potential is limitless in every aspect including spewing bullshit.
    It was aimed toward Ulmita, he do not think Russia is a a threat, but think Turkey are. He cant have the cake and eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    It was aimed toward Ulmita, he do not think Russia is a a threat, but think Turkey are. He cant have the cake and eat it.
    Yeah I got that, my english was a bit vague there sorry about it. When I read his (ulmita) posts I enjoy it with a smile and popcorn but that revelation had my bullshit-o-meter off limits suddenly. a new low.