Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    But the point is: low participation + very close result doesnt feel really democratic, especially with a lot of people feeling misinformed and lied to.

I think it is difficult to unite the country with a weak result like this. Going straight forward might split the UK. Not just Scotland. But also young/old and so on.

It might a Papyrus victory if everything (!) gets worse and people feel betrayed. Might lead to very extreme votes.
    lol low participation who's fault is that? Maybe if they spent more time making it to the polling locations and less time sucking their teeth it would have gone a different way.

It didn't though. The older crowd understood the importance of the vote, the younger crowd couldn't be assed.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    So it seems like the Pound has lost like..13 cents to the dollar. That would be like thirteen dollars of buying power off of a 100$ dollars. That is so bad.

Euro has lost 4 cents.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Actually, the Scots held a referendum on remaining or leaving the UK in the knowledge the UK was likely to hold a referendum on EU membership, and despite that the Scots voted to stay in the UK. At the time of the Scottish referendum (18th September 2014) the EU made it clear that if the Scots left the UK, then they would not automatically be granted membership of the EU. So it's a little two-faced of the SNP (Scottish Nationalist Party) to suddenly turn round and claim the Scots were dupped. Personally, I'd like to see the Scots out of the UK, but that's a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    So it seems like the Pound has lost like..13 cents to the dollar. That would be like thirteen dollars of buying power off of a 100$ dollars. That is so bad.

Euro has lost 4 cents.
    That's a lot milder reaction than I thought. Probably all the banks etc prepared for it.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Consternation View Post
    Thats the thing, whats to stop the UK negotiating all its worldwide trade deals and setting things up before asking to leave? Could the EU stop it?
    So you want to stay in EU? Great. xD

Honestly. I think uncertainty will harm every side. EU just wants clarity. EU doesnt want the UK to leave. But if they leave they should do it fast.

It is all about investments that wont happen until everything settled down.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Well officially, but what is stopping you from talking with someone? Again the vote is non-binding, they could take 20 years and still not have submitted their declaration. If there is no time limit on the legitimacy of a referendum's result then they can drag it out eternally. Though obviously they have a vested interest to draft a plan to get the markets to calm down and limit their losses.
    i'm pretty sure that during those months before a new PM is appointed we will see pretty anyone telling the crown that the referendum was just an elaborated opinion poll and isn't binding; from what is see only Farage wan't to get started with the brexit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    That's a lot milder reaction than I thought. Probably all the banks etc prepared for it.
    because you still in the EU, once the eu passport for London is revoked and go to Frankfurt i wonder how the reaction will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Warlords of Brexit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    From what I've seen so far there is really not much there in terms of loop hole potential.
    'Notify' is not defined - When Cameron talked about the vote, and how it must be respected - They can count that as 'notification' - I doubt they are going to, but they could.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    lol low participation who's fault is that? Maybe if they spent more time making it to the polling locations and less time sucking their teeth it would have gone a different way.

It didn't though. The older crowd understood the importance of the vote, the younger crowd couldn't be assed.
    Low participation was also a result of people not carrying about EU. Some didnt even know what it is.

They might care now. Or they dont so a second vote could just strengthen the leavers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post

Euro has lost 4 cents.
    We have only voted to leave, none of the effects should be happening yet. They claim that it's because of uncertainty, which last time I checked, was just a feeling. Currency is based on feelings, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The bank of England seems to be ready to do whatever it takes, a combination of monetary policy and tax incentives should soften the blow but I don't see how the British economy can avoid recession in the long term since growth was already slow.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    well, if the referendum wasnt binding and everybody and their grandma just whistles about und nobody screams ? Sweep it under the rug and be silent for decades to come, i say ! Problem solved and not even Boris will bat an eye.

Deleted
    Hilarious. All you leftist cultural Marxists talking about the rise of "evil right wing forces" or thinking EU needs to be one country to stay competitive. PREPOSTEROUS.

I for one am tired of being ruled by bankers, special interest groups and corporations. Who do you think make decisions in Brussels? It sure as hell isn't the people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    The Greece bail out and economy affected the world.
    And you didn't pay anything.

The EU effects world economies, currency values, and trading. It absurd to think these policies don't effect anyone but themselves.
    And when the UK leaves, it will magically be insulated.

Who is paying for the refugees? Look at Sweden's rape % now since allowing the refugees in. Look at all the people murdered in France by refugees, it effected the world. What about those killed in the Geneva terrorist attack. Ya, no one was affected by that?... What a load of shit.
    Refugees have nothing to do with the EU.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    Hilarious. All you leftist cultural Marxists talking about the rise of "evil right wing forces" or thinking EU needs to be one country to stay competitive. PREPOSTEROUS.

I for one am tired of being ruled by bankers, special interest groups and corporations. Who do you think make decisions in Brussels? It sure as hell isn't the people.
    Yeah so now we can be ruled by a Prime Minister who wasn't elected by the people and have our laws made by the unelected House of Lords.

Hooray!

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    i'm pretty sure that during those months before a new PM is appointed we will see pretty anyone telling the crown that the referendum was just an elaborated opinion poll and isn't binding; from what is see only Farage wan't to get started with the brexit.
    Well it isn't binding. That is just a fact. That only Farange and UKIP really wanted it (among the political clowns) is also obvious. I mean everyone knew/knows why the referendum even happened. They just didn't think it might actually backfire that badly. Cameron knew he wouldn't gain anything by it either after the election and afaik wasn't for it as well. I'm not well versed in the rules of referendi (sic?) in the UK, but Cameron should have, if at all possible, placed a total majority (>50% of all eligible voters) requirement on it, to give it maximum legitimacy at least. A close result like this will always leave a sour taste and you don't even know if at least half of the population is actually backing it since you have almost 1/3 unknown in it. But that is neither here nor there. Us plebs can just lean back and watch the show now, let's see how the story unfolds, shall we?

Deleted
    That shit happens if u let retarded people vote who have no clue what EU even means. They just see EU Nazi Leader Angela Merkel in the Sun and how much $$$ GB loose because of the EU.

What is happening

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post

Hah, like the west isn't already ruled by bankers, special interest groups and corporations. And has been so for a good while now.
    Thread: Ranged vs Melee which is easier in PvE?
    'Originally Posted by Thelxi'
    Dragon farts stink so ranged

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Consternation View Post
    Thats the thing, whats to stop the UK negotiating all its worldwide trade deals and setting things up before asking to leave? Could the EU stop it?
    No i´m talking about trade deals with the EU. Nothing is stopping the UK from negotiating worldwide trade deals, the problem is, thoese deals could then only come to effect after the UK left. It´s not too clever to set up trade deals prior to negotiating the deals for leaving. Also depending on the countries there are already deals in place with the UK as they are part of the EU.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    'Notify' is not defined - When Cameron talked about the vote, and how it must be respected - They can count that as 'notification' - I doubt they are going to, but they could.
    That is just some press release media bollocks. You might as well ascribe a twitter message binding legal context. I'd almost bet there is a clear definition of what constitutes a notification when it comes to these kind of things, I know in common law there usually is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azax View Post
    Warlords of Brexit
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrf1RSjgJG0
    They certainly got the teeth right.