Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    The only problem with this is "feminism" (in that weird hive-mind thing that people think of it; it was actually a specific feminist group) fought for the right to be put into selective service as women, or get rid of it for men.

a male-dominate supreme court said it would undermine the military.

then we have people saying feminism doesn't care about this issue.

It's weird, and it's ignorant of history.
    What is really funny is that people that are talking about this "hive mind" seem to be totally oblivious to the echo chambers they like to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    What is really funny is that people that are talking about this "hive mind" seem to be totally oblivious to the echo chambers they like to visit.
    If you're trying to call me a feminist, watch me laugh hysterically at you from afar.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    It is always like this with some folks: a movement/ideology is always malicious, and when it's not, it doesn't count, because [insert a weird reason].
    Not with me. I think that's fucking outstanding that feminists (the same majority) want equality in the good as well as bad. Luckily, it looks like women will be included in it soon.

This is good because with women on the draft, people will be more likely to push to remove the requirement all together.

Deleted
    If you're trying to call me a feminist, watch me laugh hysterically at you from afar.
    No not really, im saying that people who try to use that "hive mind" defence are totally oblivious that their echo chambers ensure that allot of them spout the same nonsense.

No not really, im saying that people who try to use that "hive mind" defence are totally oblivious that their echo chambers ensure that allot of them spout the same nonsense.
    Right.

So you're saying they're not a hivemind, they're just a hivemind. Easier to dismiss that way, I guess.

Deleted
    Right.

So you're saying they're not a hivemind, they're just a hivemind. Easier to dismiss that way, I guess.
    Nope, im saying that if you repeat something enough then you will start to believe it regardless of merit. A feminist saying "we aren't some kind of hive mind" thinks that you need a hive mind for all of them to believe something, when in reality all you need to do is repeat something allot. And this is exactly what happens in their echo chambers.

Nope, im saying that if you repeat something enough then you will start to believe it regardless of merit. A feminist saying "we aren't some kind of hive mind" thinks that you need a hive mind for all of them to believe something, when in reality all you need to do is repeat something allot. And this happens in their own echo chambers.
    Dude, you're making an echo chamber of one right here with "they're not a hivemind, they just all believe the same thing!".

10+ Year Old Account
    You have not been reading have you, it is literally in the definition of feminism.
    No, it is not. The definition of feminism is supporting women rights on the basis of economical, social and political equality with men.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Its not just a strength thing, the world outside the internet just gives more of a shit about my well being. As an experiment if I was crying in public versus say, any male crying in public who is going to have strangers want to help or figure out what is wrong? I can to some degree get a free meal just by agreeing to dates, and not even bad meals. ect.

The problem with trying to make a more equal society is what counts as equality? It is very much true that for some people equality means the good stuff and not the bad stuff. The fact that men make up the lion-share of work place deaths, the majority of convicts and convictions for the same crime mind you (Talk about minding the gap?) and on a socio-economic level I believe last I checked we get the majority of government assistance, yet pay less than men in taxes and account for the overwhelming amount of consumer spending decisions.

Society is just nicer to me, cares about me more. While it might be patronising to some extent, its patronising we clearly approve of since organisations like NOW aren't out to end those parks of being female.

Also with this magic thing called a gun, I can off anyone as easily as they can off me.
    Well, yes, but the origin of this double standard, I think, is exactly differences in physical strength. In the tribal times, men tended to be the ones hunting, repairing, building, etc. Women had much less work put on them, for survival reasons: when your entire tribe is at stake, you better have someone physically strong to do a vital job (for same reason women were rarely conscripted into army throughout the history). Men were courting women: reproduction is also vital for survival, and since men are the ones doing most of the things, the gender roles appear. Even though in the modern society physical strength itself is no longer that much of a big deal, it is hard to just dismiss dozens thousands years of conditioning. This stereotype (often proving to be true, too) lives: females are fragile sensitive creatures that need protection and delicate treatment, while men are powerful beings that should be able to stand up for themselves.

Of course, those people who enjoy this kind of treatment, even if overall they are for equality, will often strive to maintain the status they have in this regard. When someone thinks of equality, they have only one perspective; they don't know what they might be rid of if true equality happens - so they tend to see things that make their life harder as the opposite of equality.

Personally, I've never had a problem treating all people with the same level of respect, regardless of their gender, race, age, etc. But then, I am quite a weird fellow. I can't blame people who hold on to the traditional stereotypes and enforce them by their actions: after all, they were conditioned to do just that.

---

Guns aren't nearly as omnipotent as some people think. If you get attacked at night without seeing the attack coming, then, unless you've had special hard training that lets you to stay cool and still pull out your gun, while fighting off the attacker - the gun won't help you much. And if you are the attacker and the victim sees you coming, you might miss or panic, and, again, melee will decide who wins - and here females have a very significant natural disadvantage, sadly.
    Last edited by May90; 2016-06-26 at 07:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Dude, you're making an echo chamber of one right here with "they're not a hivemind, they just all believe the same thing!".
    Do you really not see the difference between a hive mind and an echo chamber?

Do you really not see the difference between a hive mind and an echo chamber?
    Do you really not see that you've just been repeating "it's not a hivemind, they're just all thinking the same thing" for four posts now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    No, it is not. The definition of feminism is supporting women rights on the basis of economical, social and political equality with men.
    ............. Again, you can not claim to be about equality if you only support one side. Remember the racials from the Horde, and how it became less equal if you give all of the hordes racial's to the alliance too.. We have been over this...

- - - Updated - - -

Do you really not see that you've just been repeating "it's not a hivemind, they're just all thinking the same thing" for four posts now?
    I guess you just can't see the difference between the two But there is a difference very much so.

I guess you just can't see the difference between the two But there is a difference very much so.
    The difference is that they're not a group thinking the same thing and they're a group talking to each other about the same thing until they think the same thing. It's absolutely meaningless as a distinction.

Deleted
    The difference is that they're not a group thinking the same thing and they're a group talking to each other about the same thing until they think the same thing. It's absolutely meaningless as a distinction.
    The one gives no choice in the matter, the other one is just not doing your homework. That is the difference between the two.

The one gives no choice in the matter, the other one is just not doing your homework. That is the difference between the two.
    Not really. Because you're still declaring that all feminists are thinking the same thing, when that's clearly not true given the division between the lunatics and the ones that aren't in the news so often.

Deleted
    Not really. Because you're still declaring that all feminists are thinking the same thing, when that's clearly not true given the division between the lunatics and the ones that aren't in the news so often.
    Nope, remember that i was talking about the people who try the hive mind defence, not about feminists in general.

Nope, remember that i was talking about the people who try the hive mind defence, not about feminists in general.
    Which was a response to my post noting that "feminism" fought for the selective service expansion or removal, so good try.

Deleted
    Which was a response to my post noting that "feminism" fought for the selective service expansion or removal, so good try.
    But i remarked that feminist who use the phrase "hive mind" are like that, not all of them. I did not comment on the rest of your post, so good try.

But i remarked that feminist who use the phrase "hive mind" are like that, not all of them. Not on the rest of your post, so good try.
    I'm not a feminist, brother. Which was my entire point. Which is why watching you freak out over me using hive mind is hilarity itself.

Deleted
    I'm not a feminist, brother. Which was my entire point. Which is why watching you freak out over me using hive mind is hilarity itself.
    I did not say that you was, i merely said that the hive mind defence is a silly one, that really is about not doing your homework.

I did not say that you was, i merely said that the hive mind defence is a silly one, that really is about not doing your homework.
    Sooo we're back to "they're not part of a hivemind, they just all think the same because they talk to each other.".

Nice talk. Next time I want to ride a merry go round I'll look you up.